» friends student exchange programs
Wed 07 Dec 2016, 12:01 pm by greg parker

» Richard Bernarbei
Tue 06 Dec 2016, 11:29 pm by barto

» The Facts about Connally's Wounds
Tue 06 Dec 2016, 11:23 am by Paul Francisco Paso

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Furl  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Affiliates
free forum

Hoover on RFK re the assassination

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hoover on RFK re the assassination

Post by greg parker on Sun 24 Aug 2014, 12:15 pm

"The Attorney-General is usually very quiet in manner until he has all the necessary facts of a given situation"

For me, this adequately explains RFK's relative silence on the assassination -- and his private attempts to ascertain the real story prior to his own death.

Out to where the van is waiting
I'm looking for the Great Leap Forward

Billy Bragg
-----------------------------
 Australians don't mind criminals: It's successful bullshit artists we despise. 
             Lachie Hulme            
The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

greg parker
Admin

View user profile http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Back to top Go down

Re: Hoover on RFK re the assassination

Post by Guest on Sun 24 Aug 2014, 12:43 pm

Greg,

I agree Robert Kennedy had very conflicting feelings about his brother's death. Of course the genuine grief and loss but also his knowledge regarding some of the Castro assassination plots, and that the CIA had used the Mafia in some attempts. He and JFK met with the some of the anti-Castro Cuban leaders after they were ransomed from Cuba following the Bay of Pigs. Kennedy was an intelligent man and likely realized the stark instances of similarity within Agency plots bearing the Mafia's feasible influence and the assassination itself.

Back to top Go down

Post by steely dan on Sun 24 Aug 2014, 1:25 pm

greg parker wrote:"The Attorney-General is usually very quiet in manner until he has all the necessary facts of a given situation"

For me, this adequately explains RFK's relative silence on the assassination -- and his private attempts to ascertain the real story prior to his own death.

Thanks for stating the obvious Greg. Looking forward to how you bring the mafia into your books .....not

steely dan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by greg parker on Sun 24 Aug 2014, 1:50 pm

steely dan wrote:
greg parker wrote:"The Attorney-General is usually very quiet in manner until he has all the necessary facts of a given situation"

Thanks for stating the obvious Greg. Looking forward to how you bring the mafia into your books .....not
Then you will be disappointed... not.

My point with the post was that Hoover's words explain it - without reference to Castro or the mafia. It was his NORMAL way of handling anything of importance. Don't say much until you have the full facts. 

With due respect to Carmine, the Cuban/mafia plots angle regarding RFK's relative silence on his brother's death is often given. But it is speculative. What we have here is evidence that this is just they way he was - no need to speculate.

Out to where the van is waiting
I'm looking for the Great Leap Forward

Billy Bragg
 Australians don't mind criminals: It's successful bullshit artists we despise. 
             Lachie Hulme            
The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

greg parker
Admin

View user profile http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 24 Aug 2014, 3:01 pm

Greg,

I would contend that view is not speculative but does have some evidence to support it. Here is an article that I think articulates feasible connections that I contend. However, I admit the Hoover statement does not necessarily regard that. I was just commenting on what I would contend RFK perhaps felt or thought based on some evidence. I could be wrong, just my current views on the matter. 

RFK and feasible connections to the Assassination Plots

Last edited by Carmine Savastano on Sun 24 Aug 2014, 3:11 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by steely dan on Sun 24 Aug 2014, 3:04 pm

Point taken.

steely dan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by beowulf on Tue 26 Aug 2014, 3:31 am

With due respect to Carmine, the Cuban/mafia plots angle regarding RFK's relative silence on his brother's death is often given. But it is speculative. What we have here is evidence that this is just they way he was - no need to speculate.

Hoover hated Bob Kennedy and the feeling was mutual.  Hoover was making a boilerplate compliment; he could have-- and probably did-- say something similar about any of his many Attorney General bosses over the decades. Its not like he's going to publicly say that (for example) an AG ignored the facts before taking action.

Its certainly possible Bob Kennedy-- who kept a close hand on the tiller of CIA anti-Castro operations--  knew Lee Oswald by name.  Even if he didn't, he surely knew his brother died because he was asleep at the switch. The survivor's guilt appears to have left RFK unable to dig into the case for years.

beowulf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by M.Ellis on Sat 30 Aug 2014, 7:57 pm

I have never been satisfied with any explanation I've read of RFK's actions or lack thereof, after the assassination. 

Walter Sheridan was his guy. Sheridan did everything he could to wreck Garrison's investigation. That much I know. Why? I don't know. 

I've read some defenses of Bobby. But I can't get past that Walter Sheridan guy and what he did to Garrison. I have a hard time believing Sheridan would free-lance against the interests of his former boss and young patron. 

A lot of people hated RFK, Hoover did. Marcello had good reason to hate him. William Harvey hated his guts. Plus Harvey likely knew LHO - at least knew who he was.

M.Ellis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:58 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top