» Send Lawyers Guns & Money Pt1
Thu 08 Dec 2016, 11:58 am by barto

» JFK Assassination
Thu 08 Dec 2016, 7:15 am by jack ferguson

» Lifton on his "new evidence"
Thu 08 Dec 2016, 4:47 am by steely dan

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Furl  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Affiliates
free forum

pistol packin' question (research)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

pistol packin' question (research)

Post by greg parker on Mon 25 Aug 2014, 11:15 am

Is a 22 cal pistol with blanks commonly used (or could it be used as) a starter's pistol?

Out to where the van is waiting
I'm looking for the Great Leap Forward

Billy Bragg
-----------------------------
 Australians don't mind criminals: It's successful bullshit artists we despise. 
             Lachie Hulme            
The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

greg parker
Admin

View user profile http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Back to top Go down

Re: pistol packin' question (research)

Post by Stan Dane on Mon 25 Aug 2014, 1:48 pm

greg parker wrote:Is a 22 cal pistol with blanks commonly used (or could it be used as) a starter's pistol?
This is not an expert opinion, but I don't think a .22 pistol with blanks is commonly used as a starter's pistol, especially today where gun control laws are so strict. Why? Because even though you would be firing blanks, the fact that the gun is real and could fire real .22 rounds would be a big deal in my view. Could you image, for instance, the furor over a race at a school if somebody questioned the person with the starter's pistol and it was determined that it was a real gun? People could go to jail. Real starters pistols are built such that there is an obstruction in the barrel so they cannot shoot a projectile.

Now having said that, if the context of the question is what was done in 1963, then I'm not sure. Things were a lot looser back then and it very well could have a practice to use a .22, because real .22s can fire blanks.

To underscore how things have changed, I grew up in rural Michigan and we had guns in our home. My brother and I rode the school bus to school. One day—this is mid-1960s—he took his single barrel 12 gauge shotgun to school for some show and tell project. It wasn't loaded of course, but it wasn't a big deal to bring it on the bus. The bus driver just said, "That better not be loaded" as we got on, and that was it (my brother quickly showed him it wasn't). Hell, I always carried a jackknife and today, schools would almost consider that a WMD! I almost can't believe I lived in a time like this once.

Thems a lot of words to say I don't know for sure!

Stan Dane

View user profile https://prayermanleeharveyoswald.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by greg parker on Mon 25 Aug 2014, 2:08 pm

Stan Dane wrote:
greg parker wrote:Is a 22 cal pistol with blanks commonly used (or could it be used as) a starter's pistol?
This is not an expert opinion, but I don't think a .22 pistol with blanks is commonly used as a starter's pistol, especially today where gun control laws are so strict. Why? Because even though you would be firing blanks, the fact that the gun is real and could fire real .22 rounds would be a big deal in my view. Could you image, for instance, the furor over a race at a school if somebody questioned the person with the starter's pistol and it was determined that it was a real gun? People could go to jail. Real starters pistols are built such that there is an obstruction in the barrel so they cannot shoot a projectile.

Now having said that, if the context of the question is what was done in 1963, then I'm not sure. Things were a lot looser back then and it very well could have a practice to use a .22, because real .22s can fire blanks.

To underscore how things have changed, I grew up in rural Michigan and we had guns in our home. My brother and I rode the school bus to school. One day—this is mid-1960s—he took his single barrel 12 gauge shotgun to school for some show and tell project. It wasn't loaded of course, but it wasn't a big deal to bring it on the bus. The bus driver just said, "That better not be loaded" as we got on, and that was it (my brother quickly showed him it wasn't). Hell, I always carried a jackknife and today, schools would almost consider that a WMD! I almost can't believe I lived in a time like this once.

Thems a lot of words to say I don't know for sure!
No. I think you answered the question. An old arrest - different news accounts - some saying it was a 22 pistol with blanks - others calling it a starter's pistol. 

I'm starting to think maybe it was a 22 cal pistol (with out without blanks) later "determined" to having been used previously as a starter's pistol.  That kinda makes sense of it all. Thanks Stan. You ain't from Bumfuck by any chance? They sure knows their weapons up there, yesiree, bob!

Billy Bragg
             Lachie Hulme            
              Me

greg parker
Admin

View user profile http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Back to top Go down

Post by Stan Dane on Mon 25 Aug 2014, 3:14 pm

greg parker wrote:Thanks Stan. You ain't from Bumfuck by any chance? They sure knows their weapons up there, yesiree, bob!
If I was from Bumfuck I would have said my opinion was a guarantee of truth and that I was God's gift to the research community. Then I would have bemoaned how nobody knows anything about ballistics while taking a swipe at Hasan.

Stan Dane

View user profile https://prayermanleeharveyoswald.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by greg parker on Mon 25 Aug 2014, 4:04 pm

Stan Dane wrote:
greg parker wrote:Thanks Stan. You ain't from Bumfuck by any chance? They sure knows their weapons up there, yesiree, bob!
If I was from Bumfuck I would have said my opinion was a guarantee of truth and that I was God's gift to the research community. Then I would have bemoaned how nobody knows anything about ballistics while taking a swipe at Hasan.
Bumfuck's nearest neighbor (and biggest competitor at the Loki County Fair), Kickacanalong, has erected a statue in Hasan's honor for his services in protecting native fauna. 

You must be one of the good guys from Kickacanalong. Very modest chaps and the bane of all Bumfuckians.

Billy Bragg
             Lachie Hulme            
              Me

greg parker
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:07 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top