» Kent Courtney
Fri 02 Dec 2016, 11:47 pm by Hasan Yusuf

» a ramble in and around Pine St, NO
Fri 02 Dec 2016, 11:45 pm by Hasan Yusuf

» Anatomy Of A Second Floor Encounter
Fri 02 Dec 2016, 11:01 pm by barto

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Furl  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Affiliates
free forum

why reopen the Kennedy case? and how?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

why reopen the Kennedy case? and how?

Post by Guest on Wed 17 Sep 2014, 5:08 pm

Here's a little broad thinking, a little stream of consciousness. I've been thinking about the concept of "Reopening The Kennedy Case". And, I'm also at the tail end of entering the 65,000-ish data records from the FIRST set of investigations (which I'll be happy to rant about later if anyone's interested in listening) -

But the question I've been asking myself is: "Self, do we want ANOTHER investigation like this?" And the answer I keep coming up with is "hell no!". Smile

Another Warren Commission would be a serious waste of public money, wouldn't you agree? I mean, the US government right now is paying a full time guy in the Justice Department to make SURE none of the Kennedy lawsuits go forward and none of the classified documents get released. If they're doing that at this late date, what makes anyone think that "re-opening" the case at an official level would yield anything different than the first time? (Which was fluff and cover-up, not necessarily in that order but "very close together" like the rifle shots in the second volley).

What's really the goal here? Is it to "re-open the case", at an official level? Or is that just a euphemism for something different? Like, what if the goal is the simpler thing, like getting the documents released? If the government releases the 50,000 documents they're still holding (illegally, mostly), would there be any need for an official re-investigation?

Is there any real reason to believe that an official re-investigation would yield any interesting information on Oswald's childhood, or Joannides and the DRE, or the nature of Kennedy's medical wounds?

I find myself thinking, that "results" in this area, are defined in a different way. If we were looking for a "metric" by which to "measure" results, we could use something simple like the number of documents released. (Per year, or whatever). If the government is releasing on average 1000 documents a year, and suddenly they release 20,000 all at once "because of citizen pressure", then that's results.

It depends what your agenda is, yes? If truth is your agenda, then "official investigations" don't mean very much (based on past results). But documents do - raw information does. And I submit for your consideration, that the Research Community has done a LOT better in that area lately, than our hapless government has. Bush the Idiot even tried to reclassify stuff that had already been made public! (Including some Kennedy information). Imagine that, trying to pull something back off Google that's already been on there for three months. Some of these elected nincompoops have real sh*t for brains. But I digress... Laughing

I find myself thinking that We the Research Community have a far better investigative team than the government does. And, if you want to get right down to brass tacks, I'll betcha there's be a supply of volunteer foot soldiers in the community. We could even go steal back Kennedy's brain if the morons hadn't stored it in Building 7. (yuk) Go for it!

I'd like to know the story behind the material that Boris Yeltsin gave to Bill Clinton. I remember that time well, I remember seeing the pictures of the people raiding the KGB headquarters, and the pictures of the streets littered with "classified documents" going back 50 years... so like, what did Boris Yeltsin do, did he have his people go through those street-litter documents trying to find whatever they could that said "Kennedy" on it?

I know one thing about US law: The President (himself, by himself) can make a determination of what's classified and what's not. All those 50,000 documents could be in our hands with one phone call from President Obama. So like, why hasn't Mr. Hope and Change picked up the phone yet?

(Too busy trying to wean the moderate Muslims away from the enemy, I suppose). silent

Back to top Go down

Re: why reopen the Kennedy case? and how?

Post by greg parker on Wed 17 Sep 2014, 7:08 pm

Brian,

I'm glad you've been thinking about it.

Your cynicism is completely explicable. Yet I remain an optimist. 

The first investigation was, in the words of the esteemed Harold Weisberg - a Whitewash.

The second investigation was another whitewash - yet gave the public - and in particular - the research community it's conspiracy verdict.

The government took steps to overturn the key evidence used in the finding of "conspiracy" and used that as an excuse to not follow through with the recommended Justice Department investigation.

In between was the Church Committee which cracked the door, despite not being enpaneled specifically to look into it.

In any case, what happened with those investigations was a progression toward reality.

Right now - at this point in time - we know more than we ever did and there is more to come. Just as importantly, it is a different world now - less trusting of government and therefore more vigilant - and empowered by mass communication and easy sharing of information.

The duel challenge would be in keeping the inquiry honest - and keeping the idiots in this community away from it.  The latter probably the more challenging.

I disagree that another official investigation is pointless, not only because I think we have the knowledge and ability now to keep them on track - but also because of what we CAN'T do - and this is be the official recorders of history. I want my kids to grow up and be able to open an encyclopedia and not read official myths - but real, accurate history.  Is that so much to ask? Is that something not worth fighting for? The benefits are tangible. Better education, more accountable government, and the ability to learn from the ACTUAL past - not the made up one.

Last edited by greg parker on Wed 17 Sep 2014, 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Out to where the van is waiting
I'm looking for the Great Leap Forward

Billy Bragg
-----------------------------
 Australians don't mind criminals: It's successful bullshit artists we despise. 
             Lachie Hulme            
The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

greg parker
Admin

View user profile http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Back to top Go down

Post by greg parker on Wed 17 Sep 2014, 7:13 pm

As for the documents - of course they should be released - I'm all for that.

But I doubt very much they will shed much more light. More likely just throw up more questions and questionable "leads".

The answers are outside that box.

Out to where the van is waiting
I'm looking for the Great Leap Forward

Billy Bragg
 Australians don't mind criminals: It's successful bullshit artists we despise. 
             Lachie Hulme            
The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

greg parker
Admin

View user profile http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Back to top Go down

Post by Hasan Yusuf on Wed 17 Sep 2014, 9:03 pm

greg parker wrote:I disagree that another official investigation is pointless, not only because I think we have the knowledge and ability now to keep them on track - but also because of what we CAN'T do - and this is be the official recorders of history. I want my kids to grow up and be able to open an encyclopedia and not read official myths - but real, accurate history.  Is that so much to ask? Is that something not worth fighting for? The benefits are tangible. Better education, more accountable government, and the ability to learn from the ACTUAL past - not the made up one.

Nicely said, Greg.

Hasan Yusuf

View user profile http://jfkthelonegunmanmyth.blogspot.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry W. Martin on Wed 17 Sep 2014, 10:21 pm

greg parker wrote:I disagree that another official investigation is pointless, not only because I think we have the knowledge and ability now to keep them on track - but also because of what we CAN'T do - and this is be the official recorders of history. I want my kids to grow up and be able to open an encyclopedia and not read official myths - but real, accurate history.  Is that so much to ask? Is that something not worth fighting for? The benefits are tangible. Better education, more accountable government, and the ability to learn from the ACTUAL past - not the made up one.

Most people do not realize the point of history.

If experience is the only teacher we have in our own lives, the importance of history is to expand our experience beyond that which we personally experience, to expand the knowledge base from which we can learn.

If the "history" is nothing but a pack of lies it becomes worthless. As an instructional aid and a guide, it is useless.

Fictionalized it becomes good for nothing but propaganda.

Terry W. Martin

View user profile http://martianpublishing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 18 Sep 2014, 4:37 am

Greg,

I agree. The most damning evidence we can acquire is in my view likely already available. It is just a matter of endless file review and cooperation in putting together a better case than prior investigations, which in some respects is not that hard. In my view we must play the long game. 

Even if we do not get answers in our lifetime, we may be able to reveal facts and evidence that shall assure those who follow us will attain what may not be possible now.  Just as some like Weisberg, Ferrell, and Fensterwald did, if we leave a trail of reliable facts it might lead current or future researchers to the ultimate goal of complete disclosure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 18 Sep 2014, 9:31 am

All investigations are good on some level. Even Warren probably unearthed some facts that helped researchers get a better picture of what happened.

But I agree that the public tends to focus on an investigations conclusions as spelled out in their final report. So while you may come up with some new info you can also end up with report that just regurgitated official lies and thus convinces even more of the public that Oswald did it by himself.

It's a hard call.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 18 Sep 2014, 9:34 am

Duplicate post deleted.

Last edited by MovingMan on Sat 20 Sep 2014, 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 19 Sep 2014, 10:21 am

Moving Man,

I agree amid all that prior official suppression and incompetence there are substantial contending facts to dispute their findings. In my view sometimes there is nothing better than official files to crush official distortions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:11 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top