» JFK Assassination
Thu 08 Dec 2016, 7:15 am by jack ferguson

» Lifton on his "new evidence"
Thu 08 Dec 2016, 4:47 am by steely dan

» friends student exchange programs
Wed 07 Dec 2016, 12:01 pm by greg parker

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Furl  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Affiliates
free forum

Ruth Paine's Calendar

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2 rifles ordred?

Post by ianlloyd on Thu 30 Jun 2011, 1:03 am

Great work all!!! Still trying to digest but thought I'd throw in aother scenraio for consideration...

It's concerning the 2 rifles - one 36" and one 40" - could 2 have actually been ordered - One in March and one in October?

EDIT:

Further thoughts on this scenario - it could explain the rifle lengths discrepancy - there is a school of thought that says the 40" rifle (or carbine...whichever) wasn't available in March 1963 and was only available after June 1963 (IIRC). In this case, what happened to the 36" rifle? Would the same ammo have been used for either length? This would obviously impact the BYPs as well!!!...

Last edited by ianlloyd on Thu 30 Jun 2011, 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional information)

ianlloyd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruth Paine's Calendar

Post by greg parker on Fri 01 Jul 2011, 6:54 am

ianlloyd wrote:Great work all!!! Still trying to digest but thought I'd throw in aother scenraio for consideration...

It's concerning the 2 rifles - one 36" and one 40" - could 2 have actually been ordered - One in March and one in October?

EDIT:

Further thoughts on this scenario - it could explain the rifle lengths discrepancy - there is a school of thought that says the 40" rifle (or carbine...whichever) wasn't available in March 1963 and was only available after June 1963 (IIRC). In this case, what happened to the 36" rifle? Would the same ammo have been used for either length? This would obviously impact the BYPs as well!!!...

Ian,

Richard's having some computer problems, but I'm sure this line of thought would be of interest to him.

My thoughts... I've already considered the possibility of a rifle purchase in October. Your memory about when the 40" became available adds some weight to that line of thought. Would it be possible to check your memory on that?

This may also answer some questions about the bag. Would a 36" rifle (broken down or otherwise) fit in the bag now in evidence? IOW, was the bag made for a 36" rifle to begin with?

Out to where the van is waiting
I'm looking for the Great Leap Forward

Billy Bragg
-----------------------------
 Australians don't mind criminals: It's successful bullshit artists we despise. 
             Lachie Hulme            
-----------------------------
The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

greg parker
Admin

View user profile http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Back to top Go down

Rifle(s) and the bag

Post by ianlloyd on Fri 01 Jul 2011, 6:00 pm

Hi Greg,

Yes, I've considered this previously - Assuming the bag was made to carry the rifle (still a big assumption IMO!), my thoughts initially were that a 36" rifle was ordered and expected to be delivered and the bag was made for such a weapon. I don't suppose whoever received the 40" weapon realised it was 40", not 36" long (I doubt they would have measured it and the difference between a 36" and 40" weapon isn't quite so obvious) perhaps until trying to fit it into the bag ("Holy sh*t!! My rifle doesn't fit in the bag!!!"???). This is where the WC becomes seriously unravelled then, having to get the rifle to have to be dimantled to fit into the bag. IIRC, the bag is 38" long, so it seems a 36" rifle would fit into it fairly comfortably.

Regarding the 40" weapon only being available from June - I've read quite a lot about this on other forums (Ed & JFKassassination). Some arguments seem compelling, some not so.

Regards,

Ian

ianlloyd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruth Paine's Calendar

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:12 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top