REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ROKC IS NOW CLOSED AND IS READ ONLY. WE THANK THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US OVER THE LAST 14 YEARS.

Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
Brian says...Sat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 pmEd.Ledoux
last drinks before the bar closesSat 30 Dec 2023, 2:46 pmTony Krome
The Mystery of Dirk Thomas KunertSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:23 pmTony Krome
Vickie AdamsSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:14 pmgreg_parker
Busted again: Tex ItaliaSat 30 Dec 2023, 9:22 amEd.Ledoux
The Raleigh CallSat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 ambarto
Was Oswald ever confronted with the physical rifle?Sat 30 Dec 2023, 12:03 amCastroSimp
Who Dat? Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:24 pmTony Krome
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
Keywords

fritz  Lankford  Weigman  prayer  3  beckley  +Lankford  hosty  Humor  11  doyle  tsbd  tippit  zapruder  Floor  Mason  9  Darnell  David  paine  4  Lifton  3a  Theory  2  frazier  

Like/Tweet/+1

Oswald's Accent

+4
StanDane
alex_wilson
steely_dan
greg_parker
8 posters
Go down
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin
http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

oswald - Oswald's Accent Empty Oswald's Accent

Wed 22 Mar 2017, 4:42 am

the debate has turned to Oswald's fluency in Russian and his "Northern" accent while at Beauregard. As for

how he learned Russian so easlily - as I have pointed out many times - this is a trait of Asperger's. It is also a trait of Asperger's to acquire accents easily:

"When a person with Asperger's syndrome learns a foreign language, there can be a remarkable ability to pronounce the words as spoken by a native speaker. This can lead to a successful career in languages, such as a translator or interpreter..." The Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome, Tony Attwood, p 225

Further...

http://adc.bmj.com/content/98/Suppl_1/A36.1 wrote:Abstract
Background FAS has been described in adults following acute injury to the brain. Children commonly develop an accent closer to that of their peers than their parents’ native accent. Children with ASD often have a speech and language disorder. There have been no recorded cases of children speaking with a foreign accent that they have not been exposed to.

We present 3 British children with Asperger’s syndrome who speak with an American sounding accent with no prior exposure to it. We will show DVD clips of their speech.

Case 1: White English girl, 8, with unilateral hearing loss following congenital CMV infection. Attending main stream school with a statement of special educational needs (SEN), but with significant social and communication difficulties; diagnosed as Asperger’s syndrome. Fluent speech with a strong American accent.

Case 2: White English boy, 9, with CHARGE syndrome, attending main stream school with a statement of SEN; good speech, but with poor social interaction skills and significant obsessional behaviour; was diagnosed as Asperger’s syndrome. Speaks with a clear American accent.

Case 3: Black British boy, 6 with behavioural difficulties, in main stream school with significant social and communication difficulties; diagnosed with Asperger’s syndrome. Has clear speech with an American accent.

Looks like all those doctors were wrong. Those little English kids didn't have Asperger's at all. Thanks to HardlyLee.nut experts we can now safely say they were all actually orphans from the US.

The leaps in logic they freely make are truly breathtaking.

The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

https://gregrparker.com
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

oswald - Oswald's Accent Empty Re: Oswald's Accent

Wed 22 Mar 2017, 4:42 am
Can I say, "science wins again"?

Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Mon 10 Apr 2017, 8:34 am
greg parker wrote:

the debate has turned to Oswald's fluency in Russian and his "Northern" accent while at Beauregard. As for

how he learned Russian so easlily - as I have pointed out many times - this is a trait of Asperger's. It is also a trait of Asperger's to acquire accents easily:

"When a person with Asperger's syndrome learns a foreign language, there can be a remarkable ability to pronounce the words as spoken by a native speaker. This can lead to a successful career in languages, such as a translator or interpreter..." The Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome, Tony Attwood, p 225

Further...

http://adc.bmj.com/content/98/Suppl_1/A36.1 wrote:Abstract
Background FAS has been described in adults following acute injury to the brain. Children commonly develop an accent closer to that of their peers than their parents’ native accent. Children with ASD often have a speech and language disorder. There have been no recorded cases of children speaking with a foreign accent that they have not been exposed to.

We present 3 British children with Asperger’s syndrome who speak with an American sounding accent with no prior exposure to it. We will show DVD clips of their speech.

Case 1: White English girl, 8, with unilateral hearing loss following congenital CMV infection. Attending main stream school with a statement of special educational needs (SEN), but with significant social and communication difficulties; diagnosed as Asperger’s syndrome. Fluent speech with a strong American accent.

Case 2: White English boy, 9, with CHARGE syndrome, attending main stream school with a statement of SEN; good speech, but with poor social interaction skills and significant obsessional behaviour; was diagnosed as Asperger’s syndrome. Speaks with a clear American accent.

Case 3: Black British boy, 6 with behavioural difficulties, in main stream school with significant social and communication difficulties; diagnosed with Asperger’s syndrome. Has clear speech with an American accent.

Looks like all those doctors were wrong. Those little English kids didn't have Asperger's at all. Thanks to HardlyLee.nut experts we can now safely say they were all actually orphans from the US.

The leaps in logic they freely make are truly breathtaking.
bump for the meat-heads at the ed forum incapable of lateral thinking.

Me

Don Jeffries

greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Sat 26 Aug 2017, 10:01 am
bump again

Me

Don Jeffries

steely_dan
steely_dan

Sat 26 Aug 2017, 12:00 pm
In all the years I've seen you deba....debunk this shite I have only seen one convert to H&L. A man with a 12 gallon head wearing a 10 gallon hat.
Brian gets some credit here. His bollocks is inventive. Corner him and he creates a new "skill" that only he is master of.
Hargrove is a lazy bastard who like a badly scratched LP, keeps repeating. Show him up on the school records, well what about the unit diaries. Shut him up on that and it's back to school.
Bottom line, if your head is to big for your hat, H&L swings.

You ain't gonna know what you learn if you knew it....... confused

Checkmate.

greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Sat 20 Oct 2018, 8:56 am
Comment by someone in an online discussion about those with Asperger's learning foreign languages:
===================
My special interest happened to be languages during my years in High School.

I taught myself to speak to an intermediate level knowledge of Russian during my first year in High School. Also, I was the most advanced student in my French classes to the point of just being completely bored waiting for the other students to catch up and my teachers seemed to be impressed with my ability. I also taught myself a good deal of German.

Languages come super easy to me and I have no idea why, but ever since I learned that I have Asperger’s, I have always wondered if it was related to my seemingly special abilities with languages.

Also all of the Russian-speaking people that I have met were astonished because they said that I speak Russian with absolutely no American accent.
https://www.quora.com/Do-Aspies-often-have-an-especially-hard-time-learning-foreign-languages

=================================

Me

Don Jeffries

alex_wilson

Sat 27 Apr 2019, 9:22 pm
This is something i feel pretty qualified t talk about. My mum's a senior lecturer at the University of Glasgow. She teaches Russian language/ literature and she's an internationally recognized expert on her speciality which is Comparative Literature in the late 19th / early 20th centuries.( particularly Spanish and Russian female writers) Not only is she qualified t teach Russian at University level but she's also taught Spanish French Portuguese Romanian Czech and Serbo Croat at the same level and is one of the top interpreters in Europe.
I was born in Spain and my dad was Spanish ( Wilson was my mums maiden name and I've gotten into the habit of using it over here as i grew sick of people misprouncing my name or thinking i was an Italian..Alex Wilson is a helluva lot easier t pronounce than Alejandro Tejerizo!!!) and both my dad and i were/ are native speakers. She speaks the language better than me and she spoke it better than my dad who was highly educated. When they met he was studying law at the University of Salamanca which is the Spanish equivalent t Oxbridge or Harvard
I grew up in a multi lingual atmosphere. When i first read about H and L, i admit i was intrigued..i asked my mum about Oswalds linguistic skills..could this drop out Marine have taught himself such a difficult language?
She answered yes. Unequivocally. Even without Aspergers it would be perfectly possible for someone with linguistic aptitude t teach themselves Russian.
His problems with grammar etc( for example personal pronouns don't exist in Russian) indicate someone who learned by ear. His spoken Russian being far superior t his written. Why was she so certain? Because she began by teaching herself Russian while she was working as an au pair in Spain.
If you have the ability and the application its perfectly possible t learn even such a complicated language as Russian.
I concur with Greg; Oswald was an autodidact. I'm not sure about the Aspergers angle simply because i haven't studied it close enough.
Oswald teaching himself is vastly more plausible than some anonymous Hungarian orphan being a native speaker of Hungarian AND Russian..that's just nonsensical. Certainly Russian was taught in Hungarian schools but it would depend a lot on social circumstances and locale.
The accent is easily explicable and again i know this from personal experience t the Russian ear all foreigners, unless they're exceptionally gifted linguists or have lived in Russia for a long time, sound as if they come from the Baltics/ Poland.
No need for any magical doppelgangers.
Also, having spoken t my mum and several of her colleagues including professors from both Oxford and Cambridge, I'm 99.9999% certain Oswald didn't write the so called Walker letter. Even with my own limited understanding the differences are obvious when compared t other examples of Oswalds written Russian.
The whole Soviet angle has been woefully neglected IMHO. Infected by agendas and by fairy tales which are parroted by people who have no idea how Soviet society actually operated in the late 50s early 60s. Fifth rate James Bond bullshit has too often passed for research. I've always thought if you read something that confirms your beliefs/ theories you should be even more stringent regarding sources, confirmation.
Greg's work helped elucidate my own thoughts which were moving in the same general direction. Albeit far slower and less well defined. I don't want t sound like some oily sycophant here but the research here is simply light years ahead of the rest. As i said it seems blindingly obvious that after over 55 years of failure and frustration a whole new approach is needed. I'm sure online disinformation agents exist but in JFK land they simply aren't needed. Many of so called top researchers have done a bang up job of sabotaging and balkanising themselves with no help from shadowy disinformation artistes.
As soon as i dig out my notes etc and refresh my memory i hope t start a thread on Oswald in the Soviet Union.
StanDane
StanDane
https://prayermanleeharveyoswald.blogspot.com/

Sun 28 Apr 2019, 4:52 am
alex wilson wrote:I don't want t sound like some oily sycophant here but the research here is simply light years ahead of the rest. As i said it seems blindingly obvious that  after over 55 years of failure and frustration a whole new approach is needed.

Only the deaf, dumb and blindwillingly or otherwisecouldn't grasp this. So refreshing to see the "blindingly obvious" so plainly stated, Alex.

alex wilson wrote:I'm sure online disinformation agents exist but in JFK land they simply aren't needed. Many of so called top researchers have done a bang up job of sabotaging and balkanising themselves with no help from shadowy disinformation artistes.

We have met the enemy and they are were us.

Perhaps we need Goban to come up with another litmus test for so-called top researchers, those sleight-of-hand experts who sabotage any substantive, solid facts/research leading to unapproved/unauthorized theories and conclusions.

I first observed this phenomenon in 2013 as I was watching the Prayer Man thread unfold on the Education Forum as Sean Murphy laid out some of the best inductive reasoning I've ever seen. I was spellbound. I soon noticed this one character in particular, Caddy, was starting new bullshit threads like an arsonist starts new fires. This had the effect of pushing the Prayer Man thread off the first page. "Why now?" I asked myself. I was flabbergasted that so many couldn't recognize the enthralling case that was developing before their eyes, preferring the more outlandish tabloid speculative nonsense.

The real kicker for me was my favorite researcher at the time, BK, flat out refusing to acknowledge the (ROKC) solid case made by Murphy for the second floor lunchroom encounter never even happening (Sean credited Greg Parker for this, which was the impetus for me seeking out and finding this place). It became clear to me BK wouldn't let certain facts affect his view of the world.

Now I don't care what so-called top researchers think. I only care what real, critical-thinking people think.         

alex wilson wrote:As soon as i dig out my notes etc and refresh my memory i hope t start a thread on Oswald in the Soviet Union.

Looking forward to it Alex. Glad you're here. ROKC attracts the bestand repels the rest.
alex_wilson

Sun 28 Apr 2019, 6:43 am
Thanks Stan. Coming from someone like you, who i really respect, your words mean a great deal. You guys have been in the front lines on this and deserve all the credit.
It's really great t b here amongst guys who I've admired and respected for a considerable time. Not only for your research abilities but for your sense of humour.
A well placed joke can be more effective than almost anything.
And if ROKC is anything its most certainly effective

Is that a doppelganger in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?
Artist, poet, polymath, cancer research prodigy Judyth Vary Baker's  first words to Lee HARVEY Oswald. New Orleans April 1963

For every HARVEY there must be an equal and opposite LEE
Professor Sandy Isaac Newton Laverne Shirley Fonzie Larsen's 
Famous 1st Law of Doppelganging

" To answer your question I  ALWAYS  look for mundane reasons for seeming anomalies before considering  sinister explanations. Only a fool would do otherwise. And I'm no fool" The esteemed Professor Larsen  From  his soon to be published  self help book " The Trough of Enlightenment "( Trine Day  Foreword  Vince Palamara)

" Once you prove Davidson's woman's face then Stanton's breasts follow naturally " Brian Doyle
Jake_Sykes
Jake_Sykes

Sun 28 Apr 2019, 6:58 am
Hi Alex. I've enjoyed reading all that you've written here. First class stuff. Funny too. I am also looking forward to what you're working on once it's ready. Glad you're here.

Sun 28 Apr 2019, 9:10 am
Thanks Jake, I've enjoyed a lot of your stuff too. Thoughtful and concise. Hopefully I'll get a thread started early next week. The Soviet angle has always fascinated me.

Is that a doppelganger in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?
Artist, poet, polymath, cancer research prodigy Judyth Vary Baker's  first words to Lee HARVEY Oswald. New Orleans April 1963

For every HARVEY there must be an equal and opposite LEE
Professor Sandy Isaac Newton Laverne Shirley Fonzie Larsen's 
Famous 1st Law of Doppelganging

" To answer your question I  ALWAYS  look for mundane reasons for seeming anomalies before considering  sinister explanations. Only a fool would do otherwise. And I'm no fool" The esteemed Professor Larsen  From  his soon to be published  self help book " The Trough of Enlightenment "( Trine Day  Foreword  Vince Palamara)

" Once you prove Davidson's woman's face then Stanton's breasts follow naturally " Brian Doyle
Mick_Purdy
Mick_Purdy

Sun 28 Apr 2019, 9:24 am
Welcome Alex. Enjoy your posts mate, very entertaining. ROKC ON Mate!

oswald - Oswald's Accent Byp_211
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Sun 28 Apr 2019, 9:44 am
Even without Aspergers it would be perfectly possible for someone with linguistic aptitude t teach themselves Russian
I bow to your greater knowledge on that.

His problems with grammar etc( for example personal pronouns don't exist in Russian) indicate someone who learned by ear. His spoken Russian being far superior t his written.
Interesting. Berlitz records? A tutor? Just from living in the SU for nearly 3 years?

If you have the ability and the application its perfectly possible t learn even such a complicated language as Russian
There's the crunch. It's not just the ability but the application. The ability to stick with it. Some without Asperger's may have it, but with Asperger's it's wired in. It's not a choice you make. Those with Asperger's would be over-represented in the general community for foreign language skills and for picking up accents.

I concur with Greg; Oswald was an autodidact. I'm not sure about the Aspergers angle simply because i haven't studied it close enough.
Autodidact for the same reason I am. Dragged from school to school and subjected to myriad teaching methods. if you are bright enough, you begin to find your own work-arounds because it all becomes too confusing otherwise. If you are curious enough, you  also do a lot of reading to make up for what you've missed in all the moves and it all leads to becoming an autodidact. 

As for Asperger's, the language ability is only one aspect. I have read every report on Oswald's childhood I could find. That, along with what others said of him as an adult... Asperger's just jumps out. A quick example:

Marina said he would become unhinged about little things like no butter on the dinner table. Yet he is perfectly calm under arrest for the biggest crime of the century. Classic Asperger's. Trivial things can spin them out, but in a crisis, you want to be with a high functioning Aspie. Calm and clear thinking. 

As soon as i dig out my notes etc and refresh my memory i hope t start a thread on Oswald in the Soviet Union.
I join the others in looking forward to it.  Is it possible to add any insights into the Horizon factory and it's "experimental shop" which is where Oswald worked for the first 2 weeks before being placed in the main factory?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elektrit

Me

Don Jeffries

steely_dan
steely_dan

Sun 28 Apr 2019, 9:49 am
The average tooth count is 36 but if Harvey really did have 73 teeth (Josephs and Larsen) wouldn't that make him talk funny?

Checkmate.

Mick_Purdy
Mick_Purdy

Sun 28 Apr 2019, 9:58 am
steely dan wrote:The average tooth count is 36 but if Harvey really did have 73 teeth (Josephs and Larsen) wouldn't that make him talk funny?
Now that's just too good Steely. You've made me laugh out loud.

oswald - Oswald's Accent Byp_211
Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

Sun 28 Apr 2019, 5:51 pm
71 teeth Steely, he was missing some.
I think knocked out in a fight at a school he didnt attend... piano wrestling, or something bizarrely similar.
Their own bible says so, I wont bore with the quote.
Ed
alex_wilson

Mon 29 Apr 2019, 9:23 pm
Thanks Mick for the welcome and thank you all for making me feel right at home here. I'd completely lost touch with the case for a couple of years, then a couple of weeks ago in a moment of rashness ( the JFK research forum equivalent of Hitler splitting his Southern Army Group on the eve of the Stalingrad campaign- and that one goes out t a Mr Brian Hendrix of Florida who i hear is a big fan of mustachioed monorchid from Mitteleuropa and whose father Albert i believe had his ashes scattered in a sewage farm in Braunau am Inn so his mortal remains could mingle with, and i quote " Good Aryan shit for all eternity until the avenging hordes of Supermensch descend from Valhalla and put this degenerate miscegenated society t the sword" i logged on t the Ed forum. After the voices in my head stopped,and i regained my sight and after my senses cleared of the truly horrific vision of a semi clad leather hatted Jim Hargrove leading a hokey cokey line of fellow cultists thru Dealey Plaza singing " Just the Two of Us" ( all 3 and 1/3 cultists as Sandy the Singin Cowboy has yet t pass thru the final initiation rituals, the one that involves donning the fake Marguerites sacred girdle, immersing yourself in water from Lake Pontchatrain( sp?) then rolling ecstatically on the grave of Frank Kudlaty while reciting some unholy incantations written in an ancient proto Semetic dialect that hasn't been spoken in over 3000 years.( the dialect the Fez still insists was used in NYC in the 50s t keep school records) At the climax a hooded saturnine figure with a curiously goatlike physionomy is said t appear brandishing t sacramental tablet "Thou shalt have no Harvey except Lee and thou shalt worship no other but Armstrong and have no other God save a plague of John Butlers will descend upon your family") i was shocked t read that Greg had suffered a heart attack.
Thankfully i soon learned he had recovered.
After i emailed him i logged onto the forum, and quite literally within minutes i rediscovered exactly what it is that makes ROKC so special.
Regarding Oswalds linguistic aptitude perhaps i think perhaps he taught himself by reading and by listening. His written Russian certainly indicates someone who hadn't received any formal teaching..for grammar rules etc..
I think Oswald had a natural if undeveloped aptitude for languages. The more i read about Aspergers the more sense it seems t make.
It explains his quirks and his sometimes awkward social behavior.
But again regardless of what the disciples of Frater Armstrong insist even if he didn't have Aspergers it is perfectly possible for someone with the talent and the determination and the perseverance t teach themselves Russian.
Oswald due t his background, social class etc simply didn't have the opportunity t learn. The books he read ,the music he listened to, even his interests and hobbies when compared to his contemporaries i think reveals someone determined t better himself.
Its almost impossible t scrape away the layers of myth and misinformation. Everything it seems must have a sinister meaning.
The self anointed so called research elite have turned this case into a grotesque tin foil hatted parody. Re reading the Harvey and Lee thread on the Ed forum made me so fucking angry and disgusted. The self righteousness was palpable and anyone who dared question the Orthodox view was immediately castigated as a heretic. Or branded a Lone Nut or Lone Neuter as the delightfully articulate and witty David Healey would put it. Reading his bracing insightful perfectly structured prose i almost believed Oscar Wilde had been reincarnated as a crude misanthropic buffoon with all the charm and social graces of a steaming pile of Yak faeces.
They have unwittingly perhaps but most assiduously assimilated the worst aspects of the very people they purport to despise.
The close mindedness, the utter disregard for truth, the hypocrisy and of course their unwavering belief in their own righteousness.
Oh and the utter contempt for anyone who doesn't bow before the Silver Ass of Armstrong..
They've imbued it with a quasi religious symbolism, fundamentalism for those too fucking lazy t get up off the couch. Perhaps the obsession with doppelgangers has some hidden Gnostic meaning..Harvey and Lee representing the dualism of human nature ..or maybe its just a scam dreamt up by some slick PR dude and peddled t a gaggle of gullible simple minded cretins.
But i digress.
Thanks again everyone for making me feel so welcome, I've got quite a bit of work t catch up on but hopefully by the end of the week I'll start a thread concerning Oswald/ Marina and their time in the Soviet Union.
I'll try t see if i can find anything relevant about Horizons and i want t study the Aspergers angle.
Prima Facie Greg's made a very persuasive case.
StanDane
StanDane
https://prayermanleeharveyoswald.blogspot.com/

Tue 30 Apr 2019, 1:14 am
Alex:

Here's a few underground oldies that you may get a kick out of. This H&L shit's a real hoot!

alex_wilson

Tue 30 Apr 2019, 1:29 am
Ha ha ha ...Young Oswaldstein...fucking priceless Stan. When i first watched Harvey and Lee The Cult Interview i literally had tears pouring down my face..Cointelpro Lone Nutter..the voices were absolutely spot on.
I think Young Oswaldstein is right up there with Mr Trotter as one of my favourites.
Someone should send Mystery Theatre 3000 Harvey and Lee and get Stan t do the voices and graphics. I had a look at the ROKC Lampoon page i can't quite remember but when i saw the Primrose Path i had t strange urge t put on a wig, borrow one of the missus's purses, stuff cushions up my shirt , wrap myself in a shower curtain and go parading up and down the street shouting " Gordon is a crooked bastard..Dr Jeffrey Caulfield looks really sexy in skin tight leather chaps and J E Hoover saved America from a Civil War..Regards Paul Trejo"
People might well have stared at me but i think my neighbours are well accustomed t me flopping about in pink zen sandals and an oversized Jimi Hendrix t shirt covered with pungent brown stains yelling "Bart Kamp is a liar and ROKC is an uncredible troll room" at the top of my voice..so probably they wouldn't have cared..its tough being ignored by the great unwashed 95% when you possess a superior skill set..
JFK_Case
JFK_Case

Wed 01 May 2019, 1:03 am
This is a really nice post by Alex. Personally, I don't agree with the assessment by others that LHO had Asperger's. It just seems a little too far-fetched and knowing his background, I think the USMC would have busted him during his application to get in and had him 4F'ed.

But like Alex said, I think LHO was a smart guy and had the ability to teach himself the language. Just like Paul McCartney had the ability to become a good bass player. If you're smart, have the skills, and work hard, you can learn anything you put your mind to and I think that's what LHO did.

As for all of the other nonsense with HL, it's run the gamut from 73 teeth to contrast in photos to sloping shoulders. Here's a post from a while back on the sloping shoulders issue. Amazingly one so-called research expert who believes in this BS calling someone out. Path(a)tic, indeed:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/24932-bursts-of-cosmic-improbability/?do=findComment&comment=379174

and

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/23677-a-couple-of-real-gems-from-the-harvey-and-lee-website/?do=findComment&comment=363448

And not to derail this thread but has anyone noticed something really goofy on this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjFHG2EFP4c

The goofiness happens within the first 30 seconds at the start of the video. Anyone see it?

John Boy
steely_dan
steely_dan

Wed 01 May 2019, 2:47 am
JFK Case wrote:This is a really nice post by Alex. Personally, I don't agree with the assessment by others that LHO had Asperger's. It just seems a little too far-fetched and knowing his background, I think the USMC would have busted him during his application to get in and had him 4F'ed.

But like Alex said, I think LHO was a smart guy and had the ability to teach himself the language. Just like Paul McCartney had the ability to become a good bass player. If you're smart, have the skills, and work hard, you can learn anything you put your mind to and I think that's what LHO did.

As for all of the other nonsense with HL, it's run the gamut from 73 teeth to contrast in photos to sloping shoulders. Here's a post from a while back on the sloping shoulders issue. Amazingly one so-called research expert who believes in this BS calling someone out. Path(a)tic, indeed:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/24932-bursts-of-cosmic-improbability/?do=findComment&comment=379174

and

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/23677-a-couple-of-real-gems-from-the-harvey-and-lee-website/?do=findComment&comment=363448

And not to derail this thread but has anyone noticed something really goofy on this video:

The goofiness happens within the first 30 seconds at the start of the video. Anyone see it?

John Boy
Brian has revealed details of a phone call with Armstrong so we can expect the wilder aspects of the H&L theory to be dropped...or can we? Laughing

Checkmate.

greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Wed 01 May 2019, 12:54 pm
JFK Case wrote:This is a really nice post by Alex. Personally, I don't agree with the assessment by others that LHO had Asperger's. It just seems a little too far-fetched and knowing his background, I think the USMC would have busted him during his application to get in and had him 4F'ed.

and

John Boy
A little too far-fetched, Michael? Ye Gads? This is not the 1960s when you were only diagnosed with autism if you were a severe case. Back then, the diagnosis was 1 kid in every 10,000. Now that it is considered a spectrum disorder which goes from mild to severe and where the parameters have been widened, the diagnosis is now 1 in 68.

And my assertion of Asperger's is hardly based on just his ability with Russian. He meets the criteria on just about every level.

Asperger's was not even recognized in the US until, I think the 1980s. Dr. Asperger himself described it as a personality disorder.And lo and behold, it was a personality disorder diagnosed by Hartogs at You th House - because that was as far as the  diagnostic tools would allow.

Here are the experiences of some who grew up undiagnosed because of the lack of recognition of the syndrome (which is now often referred to as high functioning autism or "autism spectrum disorder without cognitive impairment,"
---------------
Jennifer Scriven was that kid, growing up. The butt of jokes, the girl who was tripped in the hallway, bullied on the playground, and, on a good day, merely shunned. When she complained, teachers suggested she was partly to blame. She didn't talk, act, or dress the way other kids did. "The message was, 'You're not conforming, so what do you expect?'" she recalled.

That was Kansas in the 1970s and 1980s, but it could have been anywhere. What no one knew, or could have known, was that Jennifer was different by design, not choice. The thing that made her different would not appear in a diagnostic manual until she was 26, and it would not be formally applied to her until age 48: Asperger's syndrome, or "autism spectrum disorder without cognitive impairment," as it's now called.

When she was born in 1968, autism was a diagnosis reserved for children with severe developmental delays.1 Experts believed autism affected only four or five out of every 10,000 children.2

Ms. Scriven was already an adult when American psychiatrists began expanding the borders of the diagnosis, moving first into the uncharted territory of atypical autism (Pervasive Developmental Disorder-Not Otherwise Specified), and later, in 1994, into the milder Asperger's syndrome.3 As the definition expanded, so did the number of people diagnosed with it. Now one in 68 children has autism spectrum disorder, or ASD.

If conformity was king in the classroom of the mid-20th century, then students on the spectrum faced particular challenges. Their autism unrecognized, they were sometimes regarded as willfully nonconformist, disruptive, or emotionally unstable. Some managed to earn stellar grades, while others muddled along academically, sometimes in special education classes, sometimes not. "…These are the lost generation: those who today would receive their diagnosis by 6 or 8 years old, if they were a 21st century child," according to British researchers.4

Many told stories of being teased and assaulted as children and teens. Kiran Puri, now 49, vividly recalls her elementary school years in Missouri, where classmates exploited her trusting nature and desire to "fit in." In the lunchroom, one girl demanded that she put half an orange in her mouth, then taunted her when she did it. Later on, a fifth grader insisted she imitate "what you do when you go to the bathroom," said Ms. Puri, who was diagnosed with Asperger's at 43. "I would get bullied because I was gullible and too eager to please," she said.

Paige Hulsey, 37, did not know why she was bullied throughout childhood. "I was perpetually bullied and mystified as to why," recalled Hulsey, who was diagnosed in 2014. "I had braces, but it wasn't about having braces. I was chubby, but it was not because I was chubby." Like Ms. Scriven, she believes teachers and others blamed her for provoking the bullies. "Their common reaction was, 'You have to stop being so weird. If you weren't so weird, everything would be fine.'"

In elementary school, her advanced vocabulary and social differences – symptoms of Asperger's – got teachers' attention. They viewed these as signs of giftedness, not autism, she said. She ended up in programs for gifted students, but did not excel there. The sensory environment at school interfered with her learning. But whether in California, where she was born, or 5,500 miles away in Great Britain, where she attended high school, mistreatment and misunderstanding followed her. The bullying ranged from being ignored to outright physical assault, she said. She doesn't recall anyone trying to help her. "I was lumped in with the perpetrators as being the source of the problem," said Hulsey, who completed a bachelor's degree in public health in 2017.

SYMPTOMS NOTICED, DIAGNOSIS MISSED
Like Hulsey, Rebecca Evanko was identified as intellectually gifted in elementary school. She excelled in writing competitions in her native Australia. "At around the age of 9 or 10, there was a sudden shift and school became intolerable, much of it due to bullying and my growing awareness that I was a complete social misfit, especially around the rather vicious cliques of pre-teen and teen girls. At around age 11, school tests apparently revealed me to be 'retarded.' I dropped out of school in the third month of Grade 9 at age 15," she said in an email. Like several of those interviewed, she preferred an email conversation over a phone call with a stranger.

As a child, Rebecca's mother took her to mental health providers for help. She struggled to make eye contact, speak in social settings, and control meltdowns. "My outbursts, or tantrums, were demarcation points over much of my childhood," she recalled. Around age 11, she spent one birthday party hiding under a dining room table at the host's house, overwhelmed by the noise and social expectations. Her symptoms were noticed, but not recognized as autism. "They did not fully know about autism in the 1970s and 1980s, especially in relation to the way it manifests in girls," she said. She would not be formally diagnosed until 2012, the year she turned 45. By that time, she had returned to school, earning a high school equivalency, a college degree, and ultimately a doctorate in cognitive linguistics.

Autism spectrum disorder, without cognitive impairment, was considered to be quite rare in girls and women, even more rare than severe autism in their sex.5 But in recent years, researchers have been wondering if females with autism, especially those without intellectual disability, are hiding in plain sight, more likely to be overlooked than males because of different symptoms or coping skills.6-8

https://iancommunity.org/lost-generation-growing-up-autism-before-epidemic
--------------------------------
where to start with Lee? Because I have read every doc on him in existence, I know more shit about his childhood than anyone. ANYONE.

He would abuse and throw tantrums with his mother while doing his imitation of how gentlemen behaved with other adult females  - he would open doors for them etc. He would confine himself to his room at every opportunity. He would play cowboys and indians - by himself - into his teens - a trait of this remaining the rest of his life - greeting or leaving with a point of a finger and a "pew pew". I would guestmate that at least 6 out of every 10 people who knew him when he was a kid, specifically used the word "odd" and called him a loner. He was teased in NY and responded with truancy. He got into lots of fights in New Orleans. At any given time at any given school, he could have been regarded as gifted OR slightly retarded. Some photos throughout his life display odd postures typical of autism spectrum/aspergers. My interview with Ruanne Peters (nee Kloepfer) who, as a 16 year old, spent an entire afternoon talking to him at his Magazine St apartment revealed that she thought he was weird, evasive and could not make eye contact with her but nevertheless gave her the impression he was trying to flirt with her. All of this behavior would be Lee misinterpreting her friendliness and trying to respond "appropriately". 

There is much more, such as this:

In the report of Social Worker, Evelyn Strickman, it is noted Lee is

Laconic and taciturn, Lee answered questions, but volunteered almost nothing about himself spontaneously. 

and that he 

agreed to answer questions if he wanted to, rejecting those which upset him

Under interrogation in Dallas in 1963, Holmes commented that 

Oswald was quite composed. He answered readily those questions that he wanted to answer. He could cut off just like with a knife anything that he didn’t want to answer. 

Others in the room made similar comments.

Whatever the case, anyone who says for instance that if Oswald was on the steps during the assassination, he would have shouted it loud and long just don't get it.  They don't understand him and never will. It was the way his brain was wired. He was
different. His thought processes were different. His way of looking at the world and understanding it was different.

Of course, I am no doctor.  Yet I have, on several occasions, correctly diagnosed family members where doctors were unable to until doing exploratory surgeries. In fact, I have 100% record of being proven correct - much to the chagrin of some specialist doctors. Research and evaluation of symptoms uses the same methodology as researching and evaluating history. 

And of course, this will never be settled because Lee is dead. Yet I contacted Tony Attwood, the author of the above, giving an outline of my reasons for believing Lee was AS and he replied that he thought it was an intriguing possibility. There is also a pediatrician named Stuart Bramhill who made a passing comment online that she thought Julian Assange was "another Aspie like Lee Oswald". 

A one in sixty-eight possibility is not "far-fetched". Especially when you are actually familiar with all the documentation on him.

Last edited by greg parker on Wed 01 May 2019, 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Me

Don Jeffries

Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

Wed 01 May 2019, 1:23 pm
General info,
https://www.depressionalliance.org/aspergers-in-adults/

Detailed information

oswald - Oswald's Accent Scree144

https://books.google.com/books?id=7MM6DwAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=Asperger%27s&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwje_qHKrPnhAhXbJTQIHTU_DNYQ6AEIEzAC#v=onepage&q&f=false

Id say Lee was one in a million. And we should be thinking and looking through different lenses to see how this effected the interviews, and answers.
Now I ask, what are the outcomes of police interrogations and suspects with spectrum disorders?

Cheers, Ed
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Wed 01 May 2019, 10:08 pm
Thanks Ed,

this is the key passage. Many many people are still stuck in believing this is necessarily a highly disabling condition - when that is not always the case. Nor does every "Aspie" have the same sets of deficits/abilities. If this was about language ability alone, I would not be positing he had AS at all. 
oswald - Oswald's Accent Aspie10

Me

Don Jeffries

JFK_Case
JFK_Case

Thu 02 May 2019, 12:07 am
It's amazing that the USMC did not pick up on this odd behavior. I've read others who were in the military but were dismissed because of their odd behavior. I can't think of the name but one ended up becoming a serial killer. I think it was Dahmer who was dismissed mid-service.

Yes, this was back in the 50's but if so many others have mentioned his strange behavior as mentioned above, it's astounding that the military didn't pick up on it and kick him out.

John Boy
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum