REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ROKC IS NOW CLOSED AND IS READ ONLY. WE THANK THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US OVER THE LAST 14 YEARS.

Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    Brian says...Sat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 pmEd.Ledoux
    last drinks before the bar closesSat 30 Dec 2023, 2:46 pmTony Krome
    The Mystery of Dirk Thomas KunertSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:23 pmTony Krome
    Vickie AdamsSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:14 pmgreg_parker
    Busted again: Tex ItaliaSat 30 Dec 2023, 9:22 amEd.Ledoux
    The Raleigh CallSat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 ambarto
    Was Oswald ever confronted with the physical rifle?Sat 30 Dec 2023, 12:03 amCastroSimp
    Who Dat? Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:24 pmTony Krome
    Social bookmarking
    Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
    Keywords

Lifton  fritz  Lankford  Floor  Weigman  prayer  tsbd  +Lankford  David  3  Theory  Humor  Darnell  4  11  2  3a  paine  doyle  tippit  Mason  zapruder  hosty  beckley  frazier  9  

Like/Tweet/+1

Go down
    greg_parker
    greg_parker
    Admin
    http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Matt Cvetic Empty Matt Cvetic

Sat 08 Jul 2017, 10:13 am
    With thanks to Phil Hopley for bring both the name and the Saturday Evening Post series of articles on him to my attention.

Firstly, what is probably an accurate rundown on the man and his career.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Cvetic

The series published by the Saturday Evening Post began on July 15, 1950 and was substantially embellished if the wiki version is anything to go by.  In any case, it led to a radio series and then a movie - and a career (until even the authorities got sick of his embellishments) as a professional witness. 

The radio series ran from 1952 to 1954 - the same period that Oswald lived in New York. To my mind, it is far more likely to have had an influence that "I Led Three Lives".

One of the people snookered by Cvetic testimony was a Steve Nelson. Nelson was quoted as saying in regard to the testimony "In the past, industries have financed stool pigeons. But now companies don't have to hire them anymore. They are subsidized by the government."

The CAP "Loyalty Police" program first came to light in 1948 (quotes from contemporaneous news accounts):

An intention to set up the Civil Air Patrol as a sort of “loyalty police” with overtones of a strong-arm squad for American industry may have been scotched because of premature release of the idea through the Pennsylvania Wing of the CAP.

The national CAP has been a bit coy about the whole business, declaring that the press release issued by Norman J. Griffin, Public Information Officer of the Pennsylvania, CAP, was inaccurate and not in keeping with the national organization’s policy. The Civil Air Patrol, originally under the wartime Office of Civilian Defense, is an official auxiliary of the U. S. Air Force.

However, the national CAP admits that some sort of plan for using the CAP for “espionage” work to act in case of a national emergency is now in the tentative stage, and is awaiting the approval of U.S. Central Intelligence and the FBI.
    -----------------
    INDUSTRY FUNDS SOUGHT

According to the release Col. Neuweiler was quoted thus:

“We are asking for the industrialists and business men of Pennsylvania for three things: first, that they enlist at least one member of their firm in CAP and have them take this course; second, report via this enlistee, all persons in their organizations known to have Communistic leanings or subversive tendencies; third, lend any financial support they are able so that CAP can carry out this program.”

Col. Neuweiler is quoted further:

“This is the first opportunity the business men have had to do something about this growing menace of Communism. We, of the CAP are going to call a spade a spade, and do something about it.”
    -------------------------

So by 1950, when Cvetic's story ran, the so-called Loyalty Police program was definitely up and running, but possibly taken over by the FBI, leaving the CAP to concentrate on it's other component - anti-subversion and espionage - which must have included sending some operatives overseas, otherwise why seek the approval of the CIA?

The Cold War ran on bullshit.
                  Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
    Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

https://gregrparker.com
    Vinny

Matt Cvetic Empty Re: Matt Cvetic

Sun 09 Jul 2017, 10:25 pm

You cannot reply to topics in this forum