REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ROKC IS NOW CLOSED AND IS READ ONLY. WE THANK THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US OVER THE LAST 14 YEARS.

Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
Brian says...Sat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 pmEd.Ledoux
last drinks before the bar closesSat 30 Dec 2023, 2:46 pmTony Krome
The Mystery of Dirk Thomas KunertSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:23 pmTony Krome
Vickie AdamsSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:14 pmgreg_parker
Busted again: Tex ItaliaSat 30 Dec 2023, 9:22 amEd.Ledoux
The Raleigh CallSat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 ambarto
Was Oswald ever confronted with the physical rifle?Sat 30 Dec 2023, 12:03 amCastroSimp
Who Dat? Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:24 pmTony Krome
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
Keywords

11  +Lankford  Floor  David  tsbd  Lankford  zapruder  Mason  tippit  Weigman  doyle  paine  9  2  prayer  hosty  beckley  3  3a  fritz  Theory  Humor  4  Darnell  frazier  Lifton  

Like/Tweet/+1

Go down
David Wimp

Does anybody cite the "lapel flip" as evidence anymore? Empty Does anybody cite the "lapel flip" as evidence anymore?

Mon 13 Nov 2017, 3:50 am
There are basically two ways a spot in a film can change appearance.  The actual surface that is exposed there can change, e.g., a jacket swings open revealing a shirt, or the illumination can change.  It did not take me long to conclude long ago that the "lapel flip" was really illumination change and not clothing movement but it took a really long time to understand just the basics of what is happening there.  I think I have a reasonable case that what is seen in 222-224 is illumination from somewhere around the base of the windshield is traveling parallel to the side of the car and illuminating the frame of the small window, the vertical part of the handhold mounted in front of Connally, and Connally's chest through the space in between.  Things change because the car is turning slightly.  I think it has to be a double reflection off curved surface(s) or something like that for the reflection to change as much as it does with the car turning as little as it does,  I actually can't detect that it is turning there but it is turning left shortly after that.  I can make a very simple case that suggests that illumination is the cause and that would be more of a case than anybody has ever made for clothing movement.  The only one I have ever heard is "What else can it be?"  I pursued this off and on over the years because I wanted to know what the hell was happening there and because I thought it had great embarrassment value.  I am afraid most of the embarrassment value is gone, but it does appear that there may be a delicious irony.  This might place Connally too far to the outside for the SBT to work there.
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin
http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Does anybody cite the "lapel flip" as evidence anymore? Empty Re: Does anybody cite the "lapel flip" as evidence anymore?

Mon 13 Nov 2017, 7:27 am
David Wimp wrote:There are basically two ways a spot in a film can change appearance.  The actual surface that is exposed there can change, e.g., a jacket swings open revealing a shirt, or the illumination can change.  It did not take me long to conclude long ago that the "lapel flip" was really illumination change and not clothing movement but it took a really long time to understand just the basics of what is happening there.  I think I have a reasonable case that what is seen in 222-224 is illumination from somewhere around the base of the windshield is traveling parallel to the side of the car and illuminating the frame of the small window, the vertical part of the handhold mounted in front of Connally, and Connally's chest through the space in between.  Things change because the car is turning slightly.  I think it has to be a double reflection off curved surface(s) or something like that for the reflection to change as much as it does with the car turning as little as it does,  I actually can't detect that it is turning there but it is turning left shortly after that.  I can make a very simple case that suggests that illumination is the cause and that would be more of a case than anybody has ever made for clothing movement.  The only one I have ever heard is "What else can it be?"  I pursued this off and on over the years because I wanted to know what the hell was happening there and because I thought it had great embarrassment value.  I am afraid most of the embarrassment value is gone, but it does appear that there may be a delicious irony.  This might place Connally too far to the outside for the SBT to work there.
David, these types of things are not often discussed here, but we do have a professional photographer as well as a television cameraman as members, so if any of us can respond with confidence, it would be those guys.

The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

https://gregrparker.com
David Wimp

Does anybody cite the "lapel flip" as evidence anymore? Empty Re: Does anybody cite the "lapel flip" as evidence anymore?

Mon 13 Nov 2017, 9:53 am
The first sentence of that post was supposed to be-- I think the lapel flip is one of the silliest things in all of JFK assassination lore.  I have a special hatred of it and really would like to kill it dead.  It seems most people have accepted that, even if it is clothing movement, it isn't evidence.  But it isn't even clothing movement.
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin
http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Mon 13 Nov 2017, 10:00 am
David Wimp wrote:The first sentence of that post was supposed to be-- I think the lapel flip is one of the silliest things in all of JFK assassination lore.  I have a special hatred of it and really would like to kill it dead.  It seems most people have accepted that, even if it is clothing movement, it isn't evidence.  But it isn't even clothing movement.
Thanks for clarifying David.

The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

https://gregrparker.com
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum