REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ROKC IS NOW CLOSED AND IS READ ONLY. WE THANK THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US OVER THE LAST 14 YEARS.

Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
Brian says...Sat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 pmEd.Ledoux
last drinks before the bar closesSat 30 Dec 2023, 2:46 pmTony Krome
The Mystery of Dirk Thomas KunertSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:23 pmTony Krome
Vickie AdamsSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:14 pmgreg_parker
Busted again: Tex ItaliaSat 30 Dec 2023, 9:22 amEd.Ledoux
The Raleigh CallSat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 ambarto
Was Oswald ever confronted with the physical rifle?Sat 30 Dec 2023, 12:03 amCastroSimp
Who Dat? Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:24 pmTony Krome
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
Keywords

beckley  fritz  Mason  zapruder  Theory  David  paine  tsbd  Floor  tippit  Lankford  Weigman  3  9  frazier  3a  2  4  doyle  +Lankford  prayer  hosty  Darnell  Lifton  11  Humor  

Like/Tweet/+1

Changing of the Guard

+5
BC_II
Goban_Saor
TerryWMartin
Vinny
greg_parker
9 posters
Go down
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin
http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Changing of the Guard Empty Changing of the Guard

Thu 07 Dec 2017, 6:45 pm
This is just to let members know, I'm stepping aside from online JFK forums and groups as soon as Alan Dale has the last 2 talks up.

This should happen before the new year, or not long after.

Stan Dane has graciously agreed to keep this ship going and I know everyone will get behind him on that. Stan will be looking after the backend admin side of things. The first order of business will be to call new nominations for 2 or 3 moderators who will be the ones charged with keeping order on the forum proper. Stan will step in only as a last resort. Current mods can renominate.

Don't want to make a big song and dance out of this, but I am proud of what we have achieved here, and proud of the membership we have built.  Anyone who wants to stay in touch is more than welcome to shoot me an email anytime about anything.

I'm going to learn how to keep a vegetable garden, take up painting and sketching again and try for about the 8th time to get my third volume written.

Additionally, I have other writing projects outside of JFK I want have a go at, and also want to spend some time trying to get my personal website going properly. 

I haven't given up that our objectives will be reached. I just know I've reached my own used by date.  Plans for this year aimed at reaching those objectives falling away one by one for various reasons, was a big clue to that. 

You never know when a door is going to open. I will never stop believing that one will, one day, for someone. 

Keep ringing the bell, guys...

The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

https://gregrparker.com
Vinny

Changing of the Guard Empty Re: Changing of the Guard

Sun 10 Dec 2017, 12:31 am
All the best,Greg.Hope you will have a happy retirement.Thanks for all your hard work over the years.Hope you will drop in here every now and then to chat.

Admin

Sun 10 Dec 2017, 11:09 am
Vinny wrote:All the best,Greg.Hope you will have a happy retirement.Thanks for all your hard work over the years.Hope you will drop in here every now and then to chat.
Thanks Vinny.

This will always be the place to come to.

Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

Sun 10 Dec 2017, 4:46 pm
I echo Vinny's thoughts on this, Greg. You have been a tireless campaigner and your work speaks for itself. This place will be in good hands with Stan at the helm. Thanks for all your passionate efforts in dragging this case from the mire of mediocrity and abject tedium to something resembling a modicum of serious discussion and not usual bullshit that comes from other forums. I was just about to lose interest in this whole thing till I joined here. I don't bother with anywhere else. Enjoy whatever you're going to do bro and take it easy.
TerryWMartin
TerryWMartin
http://martianpublishing.com

Sun 10 Dec 2017, 11:03 pm
I echo Paul's sentiments entirely.

The rest of the JFK community pales compared to what is going on here. And its the only reason I still have any interest in the case.

Best of luck in your non-JFK-related endeavors!

Goban_Saor

Mon 11 Dec 2017, 1:45 am
Best wishes from me too, Greg.

The truth. No; by nature man is more afraid of the truth than of death...For man is a social animal – only in the herd is he happy. It is all one to him whether it is the profoundest nonsense or the greatest villainy – he feels completely at ease with it, so long as it is the view of the herd, or the action of the herd, and he is able to join the herd. (Soren Kierkegaard)

So let us not talk falsely now. The hour is getting late. (Bob Dylan)
BC_II
BC_II

Tue 19 Dec 2017, 9:18 am
Sigh....this breaks my heart. All the very best Greg and at least if you show up or remain a member here that will ease the pain...I've just tried to ignore the fact that you planned on hanging your hat but alas, the reality is strong lol.
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Sat 23 Dec 2017, 8:04 pm
Thanks guys for all the well-wishes.

I have not been on the ball. Had been waiting for Alan to put the last talk up, forgetting that he actually did, at the same time as the previous one.

I have taken all moderation off the current mods so that Stan can choose his own moderation team.

Stan's role will be strictly back-end admin, The day-to-day smooth running of the forum will be in the hands of the mods. Stan will only intervene as a last resort.

Further, Stan will also not be liable regarding any adverse issues that may crop up. It has been decided I will remain "owner" for the purposes of serious complaints that may end in litigation. 

Please contact Stan or myself if you would like to nominate. If their are no or insufficient nominations, be warned. I will head-hunt on behalf of Stan.

I will be posting the papers associated with my final talk with Alan, and that will be it from me.

I wish you all a very happy Festive season and a happy and healthy new year!

Take care of each other,

Greg

Me

Don Jeffries

Vinny

Sat 23 Dec 2017, 11:22 pm
Merry Christmas,Greg. Hope you will stop by occasionally to say hello.

https://prayermanleeharveyoswald.blogspot.com/

Sun 24 Dec 2017, 1:26 am
I've been meaning to say a few words on this for some time, but I've been battling a severe, head-destroying cold for several weeks that only now seems to be letting up. I rarely get colds but when I do, whammo.

First, I wish Greg all of the very best that life has to offer. I've always been amazed at the depth and breadth of knowledge he has on the Kennedy assassination. Then when you couple this with a conspicuously honest and balanced approach to research along with an obsessive desire to always get it right, you have something special. When you associate with people like this, it is so easy to take them for granted. We've had something special here for a long, long time. To say he will be missed is an understatement.

It was Sean Murphy who led me to Greg Parker just over four years ago. Turned out to be one of the best experiences in my life, because without Greg, I would have never written a book. I would have never fooled around with making/editing/producing videos. I never would have made memes. Without his ever realizing it, Greg helped me unroll from a guy who had spent a lifetime being uptight and guarded to someone who can open up, let his hair down and try some new things.

I was talking with my kids over Thanksgiving about influential people in our lives, people that stand out. I said I'd been working on a top ten list for years, identifying people in my life who played some major role in my development through the years. I've added Greg Parker to my list. In addition to his formidable knowledge, reasoning and intellect, he exudes a calm stability that is reassuring. He is open-minded, but not so open-minded that his brains fall out! He's a teacher, not overtly so, but in watching him for four years, I see regular, identifiable patterns on how to think and reason. Greg is balanced and fair, almost to a fault. He would have made an outstanding judge. In fact, if I had to be judged fairly by any man. I would choose Greg Parker.

That's the best I can do putting my thoughts in words at the moment. I'm sure I'll have more to say in the future.

A few weeks ago, I volunteered to keep my function as an admin going forward. (Two and half years ago when Webs was our main forum and this one was in mothballs, Greg gave me admin privileges so I could spiff up this place. Last year when Greg was ill and Webs went down, I was able to jump in and get this forum back in full operation without missing a beat, so that worked out.) As Greg said, we'll be picking some moderators soon who will run/police this place on a day-to-day basis. I'll attend to any back office needs, such as forum maintenance, upgrades, fixing any problems, etc. I may bring my son on as another admin as he is IT savvy, much more than me. He would be strictly back office IT support.

The mods will maintain the ROKC standards established by founder, Greg Parker, which can be summarized as follows: we want the Kennedy case to be reopened, we always seek the truth, no bullshit allowed, and we have fun in the process. If I haven't heard from anyone in a few weeks, I'll start reaching out.

My main oversight role, if you want to call it that, will be to ensure the forum doesn't get into any kind of trouble, legally speaking. I'm here to protect Greg and all of us. If I think we are going into an area of danger, I'll intervene. But that's only an extreme. We'll be fine.

Someday, we won't need an active forum anymore. This place will become a museum. In the meantime, we ROKC on!

Hope everyone has a wonderful, joyous holiday season!
steely_dan
steely_dan

Sun 24 Dec 2017, 11:35 am
Greg, in one afternoon you have posted more relevant information than Armstrong, Hargroves, The Fez and Larsen have managed in 20 odd years.
That's why i joined here. That's why i'm staying put.

You ain't gonna know what you learn if you knew it....... confused

Checkmate.

Jake_Sykes
Jake_Sykes

Sun 24 Dec 2017, 3:26 pm
Agreed Steely. In two quick posts (Korth and Truly) Greg has revealed topography completely unknown until now. These never before revealed interrelationships will break new ground as they are powerful insights. 

And yes, the tremors Greg's findings are generating have utterly failed to register with the dense matter at EF. No matter. Greg has rung the bell. Many shall hear it, but none at EF. Serves them right. Let them wallow while advancements pass them by.

Thu 28 Dec 2017, 11:06 am
Greg,

It sadness me that you are leaving here, we will all miss your posts, your generosity and kind spirit. Your knowledge on certain aspects of this case are second to none, outstanding! I certainly know how much time and effort you have put into the site and the reopenkenedycase project, quite often I'm sure at the detriment to your  health. So selfless! I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for making this site a reality and making it possible to visit a truthful, honest robust forum which has no other motive other than to seek the truth.
This is your legacy my friend and one which I'm sure all here at ROKC appreciate more than you can imagine.
I dips me lid Greg, you are indeed one fine specimen of a Human, stay in touch, I wish you and the family all the best in whatever you pursue in the future. I will not give up, I will always be trying to keep that flame alight.

Changing of the Guard Byp_211
BC_II
BC_II

Sat 03 Feb 2018, 12:16 pm
Sheesh...I remember seeing Greg post years ago on the Ed. Forum and just thought that, for some odd reason, he indeed stood out. I cannot pinpoint what it was but it was almost as if he was the one who "checked" the researchers and questioned them regardless of bonafides and I must say, that was the spirit (if you will) of a researcher that made me so confident in the future of the case. I figured that if someone (or more) like him are going to be studying the hell out of various angles of the case, then I look forward to telling future generations about what really happened on that dreadful day. Its just pathetic and sad that I've only really begun chatting with Greg and joined this amazing forum....one of the biggest JFK study-related mistakes of my personal life lol....for that I am sorry Greg. I hold you and others here as well as a select few as among the absolute standards for research concerning the Cold War. I am eternally grateful and I do thank you for helping me out a few times on the Ed. Forum so long ago even though I was (and am) "young and dumb" Smile. All the best in whatever you do and please....somehow, someway get that 3rd book out! I'd love an audiobook but I know thats pushing it....
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum