Choose Search Type
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» No Shots Fired From The TSBD
Today at 4:05 pm by Ed. Ledoux

» Buell Wesley Frazier, Linnie Mae and Bill Randle
Yesterday at 11:15 am by Mick Purdy

» BWF Where's Your Rider Reprise
Mon 23 Apr 2018, 12:35 pm by Mick Purdy

» More Greg Bashing From Hargrove
Mon 23 Apr 2018, 1:41 am by Jake Sykes

» Was Craig Rogered?
Sun 22 Apr 2018, 7:26 pm by barto

» allan grant photos
Sun 22 Apr 2018, 5:24 pm by barto

» Skunk Smells - Math Sucks
Sun 22 Apr 2018, 9:28 am by Jake Sykes

» Dealey Plaza UK Canterbury Seminar 2018
Sat 21 Apr 2018, 12:44 am by barto

» Pieces of the Puzzle: An Anthology
Sat 21 Apr 2018, 12:21 am by Vinny

Log in

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds


Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 


Affiliates
free forum
 



Was the FPCC CIA operation under the direction of Gibson?

Go down

Was the FPCC CIA operation under the direction of Gibson?

Post by James K. Olmstead on Fri 22 Dec 2017, 5:37 am

Was the FPCC CIA operation under the direction of Gibson?

The following is a recently released JFK Doc that is
80 pages of information concerning "SUGAR" CIA's code name for Gibson.

https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/124-90146-10072.pdf
https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/124-90146-10072.pdf

Currently I'm investigating that the FPCC was in fact a CIA operation, directed by it's founder Gibson. There are a lot of names and information to cross check, but if it can be shown that the FPCC was controlled by the CIA during the 1962-1963 period while Oswald was deeply involved in activities associated to the FPCC it is worth exploring in greater detail.


The first major concern here is found on page 13 of the above NARA doc #593

page 13
    "The following references in the file captioned "Lee Harvey Oswald" set forth
information pertaining to the activities of Richard Thomas Gibson during the period
March, 1960 through 12/9/63, in New York, Algeria, Cuba, France and Switzerland.  Gibson, a journalist had been head of the FPCC in the US and reportedly worked for the Algerian Government.  From a reported conversation between Gibson and another individual in Switzerland there appeared a possible indication that Gibson had been acquainted with Oswald. Gibson was interviewed at the American Embassy, Paris, where he stated that he had no correspondence or knowledge of Oswald under the latter's full name. However, he had received a letter from on Lee Bowmont who had indicated interest in organizing a FPCC in Ft. Worth, Texas, who possibly was Oswald.  Oswald allegedly had been connected with the FPCC.  The interviewer suspected that Oswald's pictures may have looked familiar to Gibson."

REFERENCE
105-82555-88                page 14
                -157               page 9
                -355               page 9
                 -1017 (Interview)  page 9
                 -3835 p.23

I have to go back into the above files and other research files concerning Gibson and
re-evaluate things and further response may be delayed but I'm interested if anyone
in the past has looked into the FPCC being a CIA front operation.....jko

James K. Olmstead

Posts : 67
Join date : 2009-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Was the FPCC CIA operation under the direction of Gibson?

Post by greg parker on Fri 22 Dec 2017, 9:53 am

Jim Olmstead wrote:Currently I'm investigating that the FPCC was in fact a CIA operation, directed by it's founder Gibson. There are a lot of names and information to cross check, but if it can be shown that the FPCC was controlled by the CIA during the 1962-1963 period while Oswald was deeply involved in activities associated to the FPCC it is worth exploring in greater detail.
Jim, there is another thing we agree on. This is something I have suspected for quite a while.

Another member here, Phil Hopley, is writing a book on the FPCC.  Phil is a thorough and careful researcher and I am sure he would like to see any new docs he may not yet be aware of.

_________________
Mixing Pop and Politics he asks me what the use is
I offer him embarrassment and my usual excuses
While looking down the corridor
Out to where the van is waiting
I'm looking for the Great Leap Forward

            Billy Bragg
-----------------------------
 Australians don't mind criminals: It's successful bullshit artists we despise. 
             Lachie Hulme            
-----------------------------
The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

“God favors drunks, small children, and the cataclysmically stoned...” Steve King
"The worst thing about some men is that when they are not drunk they are sober." Billy Yeats
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." Dino Martin



https://www.thenewdisease.space
avatar
greg parker
Admin

Posts : 4797
Join date : 2009-08-21
Age : 60
Location : Orange, NSW, Australia

View user profile http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Back to top Go down

Re: Was the FPCC CIA operation under the direction of Gibson?

Post by James K. Olmstead on Fri 22 Dec 2017, 10:39 am

Hey Greg:  I never considered the FPCC any CIA run
front group in the past but have changed my mind since
I came back into the research.  Looking for other information now leads me behind the consideration in
greater detail. 

I would be glad to share concerns files and opinions with anyone following the same lines.  The doc that
I posted on provided me with 3 key areas of concern,
that make it necessary to re visit all considerations and files available.

I'll be around but may not be posting much.

Heading south soon for the winter, have a lecture to give to a small group interested in my work.  Hope all is well and wish all a happy holiday season. ....jko

James K. Olmstead

Posts : 67
Join date : 2009-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Was the FPCC CIA operation under the direction of Gibson?

Post by greg parker on Fri 22 Dec 2017, 11:02 am

James K. Olmstead wrote:Hey Greg:  I never considered the FPCC any CIA run
front group in the past but have changed my mind since
I came back into the research.  Looking for other information now leads me behind the consideration in
greater detail. 

I would be glad to share concerns files and opinions with anyone following the same lines.  The doc that
I posted on provided me with 3 key areas of concern,
that make it necessary to re visit all considerations and files available.

I'll be around but may not be posting much.

Heading south soon for the winter, have a lecture to give to a small group interested in my work.  Hope all is well and wish all a happy holiday season. ....jko
Jim, I have alerted Phil t this thread.

My own considerations were based on the backgrounds of some of those who helped establish the FPCC, not least being Gibson, in particular, his source of income, his actions in France and the seeming reward of a job with a major network. 

Glad to hear about your lecture. Don't suppose it is going to be recorded or filmed??? Please let us know here if it is.

Happy Holidays to you, K and the rest of the family.

_________________
Mixing Pop and Politics he asks me what the use is
I offer him embarrassment and my usual excuses
While looking down the corridor
Out to where the van is waiting
I'm looking for the Great Leap Forward

            Billy Bragg
-----------------------------
 Australians don't mind criminals: It's successful bullshit artists we despise. 
             Lachie Hulme            
-----------------------------
The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

“God favors drunks, small children, and the cataclysmically stoned...” Steve King
"The worst thing about some men is that when they are not drunk they are sober." Billy Yeats
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." Dino Martin



https://www.thenewdisease.space
avatar
greg parker
Admin

Posts : 4797
Join date : 2009-08-21
Age : 60
Location : Orange, NSW, Australia

View user profile http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Back to top Go down

Re: Was the FPCC CIA operation under the direction of Gibson?

Post by Phil Hopley on Fri 22 Dec 2017, 7:47 pm

Thanks Greg and James,

Gibson was in the US military in the early 1950s then, after leaving the Army, headed to Paris, France, in 1955 and joined the US ex-pat community who mostly spent their time at the Cafe Tournon and the "left bank" crowd. He was there at the same time as James Baldwin and Norman Mailer (founding members of the FPCC, who, by the way, met at the home of Jean Malaquais, a Frenchman who spoke English and was a translator). Gibson became embroiled in what was referred to as the "Gibson Affair" involving African-American political cartoonist Ollie Harrington.  Harrington was heading to Sweden for a few months and sub-let his apartment to Gibson. Upon Harrington's return, Gibson refused to move out and would not allow Harrington access to his clothes, furniture, personal belongings. Gibson had also sold a lot of Harrington's clothes.  Harrington wouldn't report it to the Police and the matter dragged on for two years. With reference to Hazel Rowley's book, "no one trusted Richard Gibson, with his shifty manner and glib talk" (refer The Life and Times of Richard Wright, by Hazel Rowley, page 489)

Gibson, and his friend William Gardner Smith, wrote a letter to Look magazine and the London Observer critical of France's attitude towards Algeria but signed the letter as Ollie Harrington. After it was established that Gibson was the forger of Harrington's signature, Gibson was beaten so badly by Harrington that he was hospitalised for a week.  In a similar incident, Gibson wrote a letter to Time magazine attributing comments to ex-pat Richard Wright, which were critical of the US's treatment of African-Americans.  Gibson and Smith also accused Wright of being a Communist and that he worked for the FBI (he was neither). Subsequent to this, it was generally believed in the Paris ex-pat community that Gibson was secretly working for the CIA or FBI. 

From the rear flyleaf of his book "African Liberation Movements" (published in 1972), it states "Richard Gibson, born in California in 1931, began his career in journalism with the Philadelphia Afro-American. He was one of its founding editors, in 1962, in Algiers, of Revolution Africain, and he took charge of its monthly edition in English until 1964. Since then he has been a roving correspondent for Negro Press International and Tuesday magazine. He has worked for CBS News in New York and Agence France-Press in Paris, written for numerous papers in three continents, and broadcast on the African service of the BBC. His novel, A Mirror for Magistrates, was published in London in 1958.

As at May, 2017, Gibson was still alive and living in London where he has been director of such companies as The Hamden Trust; WAC Arts; YAA Asantewaa Arts & Community; Carnival Village Trust; Lassa Advice UK; Lassa; Lusophonia; Lusofonia Advice and Support Services Agency (Lassa); Centerprise Trust Limited.

I have a full set of Liberator magazine, (10 bound volumes) so will check them for Gibson's name.

Phil Hopley

Posts : 5
Join date : 2016-08-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Was the FPCC CIA operation under the direction of Gibson?

Post by greg parker on Fri 22 Dec 2017, 11:05 pm

Phil Hopley wrote:Thanks Greg and James,

Gibson was in the US military in the early 1950s then, after leaving the Army, headed to Paris, France, in 1955 and joined the US ex-pat community who mostly spent their time at the Cafe Tournon and the "left bank" crowd. He was there at the same time as James Baldwin and Norman Mailer (founding members of the FPCC, who, by the way, met at the home of Jean Malaquais, a Frenchman who spoke English and was a translator). Gibson became embroiled in what was referred to as the "Gibson Affair" involving African-American political cartoonist Ollie Harrington.  Harrington was heading to Sweden for a few months and sub-let his apartment to Gibson. Upon Harrington's return, Gibson refused to move out and would not allow Harrington access to his clothes, furniture, personal belongings. Gibson had also sold a lot of Harrington's clothes.  Harrington wouldn't report it to the Police and the matter dragged on for two years. With reference to Hazel Rowley's book, "no one trusted Richard Gibson, with his shifty manner and glib talk" (refer The Life and Times of Richard Wright, by Hazel Rowley, page 489)

Gibson, and his friend William Gardner Smith, wrote a letter to Look magazine and the London Observer critical of France's attitude towards Algeria but signed the letter as Ollie Harrington. After it was established that Gibson was the forger of Harrington's signature, Gibson was beaten so badly by Harrington that he was hospitalised for a week.  In a similar incident, Gibson wrote a letter to Time magazine attributing comments to ex-pat Richard Wright, which were critical of the US's treatment of African-Americans.  Gibson and Smith also accused Wright of being a Communist and that he worked for the FBI (he was neither). Subsequent to this, it was generally believed in the Paris ex-pat community that Gibson was secretly working for the CIA or FBI. 

From the rear flyleaf of his book "African Liberation Movements" (published in 1972), it states "Richard Gibson, born in California in 1931, began his career in journalism with the Philadelphia Afro-American. He was one of its founding editors, in 1962, in Algiers, of Revolution Africain, and he took charge of its monthly edition in English until 1964. Since then he has been a roving correspondent for Negro Press International and Tuesday magazine. He has worked for CBS News in New York and Agence France-Press in Paris, written for numerous papers in three continents, and broadcast on the African service of the BBC. His novel, A Mirror for Magistrates, was published in London in 1958.

As at May, 2017, Gibson was still alive and living in London where he has been director of such companies as The Hamden Trust; WAC Arts; YAA Asantewaa Arts & Community; Carnival Village Trust; Lassa Advice UK; Lassa; Lusophonia; Lusofonia Advice and Support Services Agency (Lassa); Centerprise Trust Limited.

I have a full set of Liberator magazine, (10 bound volumes) so will check them for Gibson's name.
Phil, wow! I had a bit of that detail, but this is amazing. Thanks for sharing it here and I hope it is of use to Jim and his research into these areas.

_________________
Mixing Pop and Politics he asks me what the use is
I offer him embarrassment and my usual excuses
While looking down the corridor
Out to where the van is waiting
I'm looking for the Great Leap Forward

            Billy Bragg
-----------------------------
 Australians don't mind criminals: It's successful bullshit artists we despise. 
             Lachie Hulme            
-----------------------------
The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

“God favors drunks, small children, and the cataclysmically stoned...” Steve King
"The worst thing about some men is that when they are not drunk they are sober." Billy Yeats
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." Dino Martin



https://www.thenewdisease.space
avatar
greg parker
Admin

Posts : 4797
Join date : 2009-08-21
Age : 60
Location : Orange, NSW, Australia

View user profile http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Back to top Go down

Re: Was the FPCC CIA operation under the direction of Gibson?

Post by Phil Hopley on Sat 23 Dec 2017, 2:03 pm

I spent most of last night going through ten years worth of Liberator magazine and found the following info about Richard Gibson.

March, 1966, to March, 1971
Listed every month on the Liberator masthead as "Editor for Africa, Asia & Europe".

Author of 12 Articles
April 1963.     Wrote article: A Million Lives for Freedom
Aug. 1966.      Wrote article: East African Time Bomb
Dec. 1965.      Wrote article: Race War Over Rhodesia?
April 1966.     Wrote article: Ghana and The Battle for Africa
July 1967.       Wrote article: Israeli Threat to Africa
Sept. 1967.    Wrote article: Rob Williams. I can't come home yet
Dec. 1967.     Wrote article: South African Toms Denounce Stokely
July 1968.      Wrote art article: Skunder of Ethiopia- An African Artist
Aug. 1968.     Wrote article: African Unity and Afro Americans
Dec. 1969.     Wrote article: African Report
Jan. 1970.      Wrote article: African Report
May 1970.      Wrote article: Palestinian Blacks Also Fight

The Liberator magazine was in production for ten years from March 1961 to March 1971. During that time several other FPCC founding members appeared in Liberator in some shape or form:-

- John Henrik Clark - Editorial Board member
- James Baldwin - Advisory Board
- Julian Mayfield - (i) June 1962 (reprinted article); 
           (ii) April 1965: Letter to the Editor
           (iii) May 1969: Photo
- John O. Killens - April 1964, Interview
- Robert F. Williams - (i) Sept. 1965: Photo; 
         (ii) Sept. 1967: subject of Gibson's article (refer above);
         (iii) March 1968: Photo. Shaking hands with Chou En-lai
         (iv) Dec. 1968: Photo. Advert for Power Posters
         (v) Jan. 1969. Photo. Advert for Power Posters
         (vi) Feb. 1969. Photo. Advert for Power Posters
- Robert Taber - October 1965. Letter to the Editor
- Jean-Paul Sartre - Jan/Feb 1971. Footnoted as a reference for article "Revolt of the Natives"




Phil.

Phil Hopley

Posts : 5
Join date : 2016-08-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Was the FPCC CIA operation under the direction of Gibson?

Post by greg parker on Sat 23 Dec 2017, 7:23 pm

Phil, in all sincerity, your book on the FPCC is going to invaluable if these posts are any indication.

_________________
Mixing Pop and Politics he asks me what the use is
I offer him embarrassment and my usual excuses
While looking down the corridor
Out to where the van is waiting
I'm looking for the Great Leap Forward

            Billy Bragg
-----------------------------
 Australians don't mind criminals: It's successful bullshit artists we despise. 
             Lachie Hulme            
-----------------------------
The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

“God favors drunks, small children, and the cataclysmically stoned...” Steve King
"The worst thing about some men is that when they are not drunk they are sober." Billy Yeats
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." Dino Martin



https://www.thenewdisease.space
avatar
greg parker
Admin

Posts : 4797
Join date : 2009-08-21
Age : 60
Location : Orange, NSW, Australia

View user profile http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Back to top Go down

Re: Was the FPCC CIA operation under the direction of Gibson?

Post by Phil Hopley on Sat 23 Dec 2017, 8:22 pm

Thanks, Greg.  From what I've discerned so far, and putting that into my chapter/book plan, there's enough for about 800 pages. I've written around 100 pages so far, so there's lots more to come.

Full speed ahead.

Phil Hopley

Posts : 5
Join date : 2016-08-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Was the FPCC CIA operation under the direction of Gibson?

Post by BC_II on Tue 09 Jan 2018, 9:54 am

Unreal...thanks to all you guys, Greg, James and Phil! This is the kind of information that would seem to "slip" under the radar but how explosive it would be to prove!

BC_II

Posts : 69
Join date : 2017-06-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Was the FPCC CIA operation under the direction of Gibson?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum