» Kent Courtney
Fri 02 Dec 2016, 11:47 pm by Hasan Yusuf

» a ramble in and around Pine St, NO
Fri 02 Dec 2016, 11:45 pm by Hasan Yusuf

» Anatomy Of A Second Floor Encounter
Fri 02 Dec 2016, 11:01 pm by barto

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Furl  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Affiliates
free forum

Gus Rose

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gus Rose

Post by Guest on Tue 17 Jan 2012, 2:33 am

Hi Greg

Here is an Outside Contact Report interview conducted with Gus Rose of the Dallas Police Department:

Outside Contact Report

Date: 6-8-78

Time: 1445

Identifying Information:

Name: Sgt. “Gus” Rose

Telephone:

Address: Homicide – DPD

Summary of contact:

Re-interviewed the Sergeant in his office at which time he listened to the 11-22-63 commercial radio tape ostensibly quoting LHO as saying, “I’ve got me a President and a cop. Got two more to go.” At the conclusion of which he advised LHO said nothing close to that.

On the contrary, he would admit nothing – including his right name.

He said he wasn’t certain he had mentioned the “wad” of money in the dresser drawer 11-22-63 in Marina’s bedroom at 2515 – 5th St., Irving, Texas. Bills were rolled. If he counted it, he doesn’t recall the amount. Estimates it was probably around one hundred dollars. Also recalled bottle – odd shaped – containing a white powder and Marina refused to identify the substance although it belonged to her.

Finally, he knows he overlooked this last bit of info inasmuch as he just remembered it the other day: an Irving Policeman and later (some days after the assassination) an Irving investigator mention a hold-up in which the victim was shot in an Irving convenience type store around 9-10PM, Thursday 11-21-63. Both Irving men voiced the opinion that LHO was responsible.

What was the pre-occupation of everyone at the time with the business at hand, Rose didn’t think to inquire as to the ultimate disposition of this case.

I advised him I would –

Reiterated the FBI’s efforts to get him to change the records concerning the Minox-type camera they discovered at the 11-22-63 search of 2515 5th St. They tried 3 times in his office and once at his home to convince him to change it to “light meter.” He didn’t.

Interviewer: Jack Moriarty

The bit about the bottle with the white powder is somewhat interesting as well as the piece of information he suddenly remembered after 15 years concerning LHO shooting a man in a convenience store on the 21st of November.

I've had my hands full over the last few days but will be starting a thread about Orestes Pena later this evening or first thing tomorrow.

Hope you are well

Lee

Back to top Go down

Re: Gus Rose

Post by greg parker on Tue 17 Jan 2012, 8:01 am

The bit about the bottle with the white powder is somewhat interesting as well as the piece of information he suddenly remembered after 15 years concerning LHO shooting a man in a convenience store on the 21st of November.

I've had my hands full over the last few days but will be starting a thread about Orestes Pena later this evening or first thing tomorrow.

Hope you are well

Lee

Lee,

Rose was recalling correctly about the white powder. She had a portable pharmacy in her room apparently.

would be good to get hold of any newspaper accounts of the Irving incident.

This appears to be the substance/s Rose recalls:
http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?absPageId=758147

phthalazole is another name for Phthalylsulfathiazole - used for intestinal infections.

synthomycine - anti-bacterial agent

tetracycline - antibiotic

Still no idea about the white powder - or why she wouldn't say what it was. Surely it was tested? I'll keep looking... maybe something to do with her little -tête-à-tête with John Pic?

Out to where the van is waiting
I'm looking for the Great Leap Forward

Billy Bragg
-----------------------------
 Australians don't mind criminals: It's successful bullshit artists we despise. 
             Lachie Hulme            
The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

greg parker
Admin

View user profile http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 21 Jan 2012, 3:04 am

I find Rose's recollection a little weird given the amount of medicine and tablets (both American and Russian) that were inventoried, Greg.

Why was this glass bottle memorable? Just the fact that she wouldn't identify it? Obviously it was Ruth Paine doing the interpreting so for Rose's recollections to be accurate he must have specifically asked her what was in it and Paine told him that Marina didn't know what it was or that she didn't want to divulge what it was...

A bit odd.

And on the page of the JFK HQ File, what is the word written on the left hand side with the line going up to the item in question?

Back to top Go down

Post by greg parker on Sat 21 Jan 2012, 12:19 pm

Lee David Farley wrote:I find Rose's recollection a little weird given the amount of medicine and tablets (both American and Russian) that were inventoried, Greg.

Why was this glass bottle memorable? Just the fact that she wouldn't identify it? Obviously it was Ruth Paine doing the interpreting so for Rose's recollections to be accurate he must have specifically asked her what was in it and Paine told him that Marina didn't know what it was or that she didn't want to divulge what it was...

A bit odd.

Lee, it may have been memorable on two counts - it was the only substance not labelled, and because of the refusal to identify it.

I haven't found any indication of any testing, though it does appear as if it was sent to the lab.

And on the page of the JFK HQ File, what is the word written on the left hand side with the line going up to the item in question?

They changed the number from seven to eight. The degree of difficulty in counting sky-rockets once you get past 5...

Out to where the van is waiting
I'm looking for the Great Leap Forward

Billy Bragg
 Australians don't mind criminals: It's successful bullshit artists we despise. 
             Lachie Hulme            
The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

greg parker
Admin

View user profile http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:10 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top