REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ROKC IS NOW CLOSED AND IS READ ONLY. WE THANK THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US OVER THE LAST 14 YEARS.

Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Similar topics
Latest topics
Brian says...Sat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 pmEd.Ledoux
last drinks before the bar closesSat 30 Dec 2023, 2:46 pmTony Krome
The Mystery of Dirk Thomas KunertSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:23 pmTony Krome
Vickie AdamsSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:14 pmgreg_parker
Busted again: Tex ItaliaSat 30 Dec 2023, 9:22 amEd.Ledoux
The Raleigh CallSat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 ambarto
Was Oswald ever confronted with the physical rifle?Sat 30 Dec 2023, 12:03 amCastroSimp
Who Dat? Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:24 pmTony Krome
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
Keywords

2  Darnell  +Lankford  Lankford  Floor  9  Lifton  zapruder  frazier  tippit  4  hosty  prayer  Weigman  tsbd  paine  3  Theory  doyle  Humor  fritz  Mason  11  David  beckley  3a  

Like/Tweet/+1

The Backyard Photos: Ring Transposition and and LHO stance

+10
Bogmanoc
greg_parker
Mick_Purdy
barto
Ed.Ledoux
steely_dan
Phil Dragoo
Vinny
StanDane
MrScrambledEgg
14 posters
Go down
MrScrambledEgg
MrScrambledEgg

photos - The Backyard Photos: Ring Transposition and and LHO stance - Page 5 Empty The Backyard Photos: Ring Transposition and and LHO stance

Sat 11 Aug 2018, 10:27 pm
First topic message reminder :

I’ve been interested in the Oswald backyard photos off and on for many years. Recently due to having too much time on my hands I decided to take another squizz at these iconic fakes.

I had read somewhere that in one of the photos Oswald (or at least the supposed Oswald) is shown wearing a ring. So I’ve always known that 133C shows the figure wearing a ring on his left hand. You can imagine my consternation therefore while taking a squizz at 133B, I discover that Oswald is shown wearing a ring on his right hand. WTF?

Well its been several days now I and no matter which way I look at the photos and scratch my head, 133C always shows the ring on the left hand and 133B always shows the ring on the right hand. I therefore thought that I had better run this past the bright fellows on this forum for another opinion.

It seems to me as if the compositing artist has flipped the negative of the body thereby placing the ring on the right hand side. Then perhaps he had to finish up 133B in a hurry for some reason and left a few items outstanding.

Additionally, if you look at an enlargement of the truncated fingers in 133A there is a visible ring mark on the ring finger. It looks as if the person posing for the camera has now removed his ring and the negative of the body has then been flipped over leaving the ring mark on the right hand. So in summary we have:

133C ring on left hand
133B ring on right hand
133A no ring on either hand, but ring mark on right hand

In my opinion this ring transposition is pretty much fatal to any chance for authenticity the photos may have. The question is therefore: why hasn’t this rather obvious problem been discussed before? I spent a long time looking up what exists of the backyard photo literature and came up with nothing.

Surely for example the late great Jack White would have seen this, but I’ve come to the conclusion that Jackphotos - The Backyard Photos: Ring Transposition and and LHO stance - Page 5 Oswald-rifle-yard-virtually-the-same-since-1963 never looked at 133C in any detail. I found this quote in Jim Marr’s book Crossfire (2013):

“Furthermore, in recent years White discovered other problems with the backyard photos. In one picture, the tips of Oswald’s fingers appear to be missing as does one end of the rifle’s telescopic sight. White claimed this was due to sloppy airbrushing on the part of whoever faked the picture. In one photo, the figure can be seen wearing a large ring on his right hand, yet the ring is missing in the other photos.”

In his 1990 video “Fake”, White describes how he is able to discern a watch on the left arm in 133B, apparently oblivious to the fact the watch is completely visible in 133C.

I'm afraid that I cannot get this site's image posting feature to work however these photos are readily available on the web.

Mick_Purdy
Mick_Purdy

photos - The Backyard Photos: Ring Transposition and and LHO stance - Page 5 Empty Re: The Backyard Photos: Ring Transposition and and LHO stance

Fri 19 Apr 2019, 3:29 pm
Ed. Ledoux wrote:That is our appeal to authority Mick.
Remember math doesn't require anyone special to use it. We are only verifying our results with a XYZ to placate the masses.
Our claim stands that the man pictured either can not be Lee or Lee was superimposed into an image.
Our proofs can be checked by Pythagoras himself.
But they are Self Evident.
And on this we stake our reputation and shows we are not barking up the wrong tree.
Cheers, Ed

PS, Mick its akin to a clearer pic of PM.
We don't need it... 'they' do.
Could not have put that any better Ed, spot on!

photos - The Backyard Photos: Ring Transposition and and LHO stance - Page 5 Byp_211
Mick_Purdy
Mick_Purdy

photos - The Backyard Photos: Ring Transposition and and LHO stance - Page 5 Empty Re: The Backyard Photos: Ring Transposition and and LHO stance

Fri 19 Apr 2019, 3:32 pm
Ed, remember this number.
Keep it close.
We are on the cusp.
All dogs have their day.

58.62 inches.

photos - The Backyard Photos: Ring Transposition and and LHO stance - Page 5 Byp_211
Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

Fri 19 Apr 2019, 3:47 pm
And a fine 58.62 to you too Mick!
JFK_Case
JFK_Case

Fri 19 Apr 2019, 9:49 pm
What you may want to do is use the Dallas mugshot as a basis for measurement. Draw a line from two points (tip of lip to middle of eye) and then do the same in the yard photos and see what happens.

I know the yard photos are not him for a different reason. The only visual evidence they had of him was from six months before when I smiling Lee was handing out leaflets and then appearing in a TV news interview. It hardly showed a violent fanatic perception like they wanted to portray him.

So the yard photos were their "gotcha" visual evidence. And like someone above said, Oswald knew they were fake and said so.

Another thing I've always found interesting - what's a violent fanatic left winger doing wearing his military ring?  If he wanted to kill the president, you'd think that'd be the first thing he'd throw out the window months ago (you know, because he hates America and all it represents). But there he is with handcuffs and the USMC ring on.
StanDane
StanDane
https://prayermanleeharveyoswald.blogspot.com/

Sat 20 Apr 2019, 2:50 am
JFK Case wrote:What you may want to do is use the Dallas mugshot as a basis for measurement. Draw a line from two points (tip of lip to middle of eye) and then do the same in the yard photos and see what happens.

Go for it.
Mick_Purdy
Mick_Purdy

Sat 20 Apr 2019, 9:00 am
JFK Case wrote:

I know the yard photos are not him for a different reason. 

Care to share?

JFK_Case
JFK_Case

Sun 21 Apr 2019, 11:06 pm
I used to think LHO's head in the BYP was a little too large when it was pasted over the stand-in's body. Here is a GIF I made (large file so may take a moment to load):

photos - The Backyard Photos: Ring Transposition and and LHO stance - Page 5 LHO-WMH

Then I found that late 60's recreation of the BYP and lined up the noses of the recreation guy with LHO's. Surprisingly, the heads are more or less the same size (another large GIF below):

photos - The Backyard Photos: Ring Transposition and and LHO stance - Page 5 John-lee-nose
StanDane
StanDane

Mon 22 Apr 2019, 6:43 am
Jake_Sykes
Jake_Sykes

Mon 22 Apr 2019, 7:06 am
I'd say that sews on the buttons and stitches up the case! One might quibble with the lines if the difference wasn't so damn enormous, but hell, it proves it to my eyes (Groucho notwithstanding). Awesome stuff Stan. Why did all the other analyses avoid this fact? Looks like it's time to outlaw Powerpoint. Too dangerous when placed in the wrong hands.

Mon 22 Apr 2019, 7:20 am
Jake Sykes wrote:I'd say that sews on the buttons and stitches up the case! One might quibble with the lines if the difference wasn't so damn enormous, but hell, it proves it to my eyes (Groucho notwithstanding). Awesome stuff Stan. Why did all the other analyses avoid this fact? Looks like it's time to outlaw Powerpoint. Too dangerous when placed in the wrong hands.

Really my only complaint is that in my backyard shadows analysis I spent probably forty hours all told researching, building the model, and constructing the presentation. Now you've gone and presented what is probably a more easily understood and therefore more convincing case than mine and you did it with two lines in Powerpoint and a couple hours of video production! 

I feel like that Armstrong character who works for years to come up with his dumb H and L theories and up pops Barto who works hard, but also about three hundred times smarter.

Anyway, nice analysis. Dino Brugioni would be proud.

Mon 22 Apr 2019, 7:38 am
What do we do, dismiss that which precludes authenticity...?

photos - The Backyard Photos: Ring Transposition and and LHO stance - Page 5 20190422

Not likely.
Ed
Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

Mon 22 Apr 2019, 7:41 am
Terry Martin and the power lines.... ouch.
Dismiss those shadows at ones own ignorance

https://youtu.be/V0Si0y4abfg

Cheers, Ed
Mick_Purdy
Mick_Purdy

Mon 22 Apr 2019, 2:19 pm
JFK Case wrote:I used to think LHO's head in the BYP was a little too large when it was pasted over the stand-in's body. Here is a GIF I made (large file so may take a moment to load):

photos - The Backyard Photos: Ring Transposition and and LHO stance - Page 5 LHO-WMH

Then I found that late 60's recreation of the BYP and lined up the noses of the recreation guy with LHO's. Surprisingly, the heads are more or less the same size (another large GIF below):

photos - The Backyard Photos: Ring Transposition and and LHO stance - Page 5 John-lee-nose
Interesting exercise, JFK Case. Not entirely sure of the benefit of the analysis though. I would imagine we can't take human subjects from one photo and implant them in another for any sort of serious study. This is not a criticism just an observation.

StanDane
StanDane

Tue 23 Apr 2019, 2:14 pm
Stan Dane wrote:

"That picture is not mine, but the face is mine. The picture has been made by superimposing my face. The other part of the picture is not me at all, and I have never seen this picture before.

"I understand photography real well, and that, in time, I will be able to show you that is not my picture and that it has been made by someone else."

Lee Harvey Oswald, November 23, 1963
Mick_Purdy
Mick_Purdy

Tue 23 Apr 2019, 3:04 pm
photos - The Backyard Photos: Ring Transposition and and LHO stance - Page 5 Byp_1314
Uncropped CE133a

Mick_Purdy
Mick_Purdy

Tue 23 Apr 2019, 3:17 pm
photos - The Backyard Photos: Ring Transposition and and LHO stance - Page 5 Ce_13310

Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

Wed 24 Apr 2019, 11:57 am
From the files of the DPD.

214 W. Neely Street, November 29 1963

photos - The Backyard Photos: Ring Transposition and and LHO stance - Page 5 4085-010
photos - The Backyard Photos: Ring Transposition and and LHO stance - Page 5 4084-010
photos - The Backyard Photos: Ring Transposition and and LHO stance - Page 5 4083-010
Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

Wed 24 Apr 2019, 12:00 pm
Scans ... even the bad ones.
photos - The Backyard Photos: Ring Transposition and and LHO stance - Page 5 4082-010
photos - The Backyard Photos: Ring Transposition and and LHO stance - Page 5 4081-010
photos - The Backyard Photos: Ring Transposition and and LHO stance - Page 5 4080-010
Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

Wed 24 Apr 2019, 12:02 pm
photos - The Backyard Photos: Ring Transposition and and LHO stance - Page 5 4079-010
photos - The Backyard Photos: Ring Transposition and and LHO stance - Page 5 4079-011
Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

Wed 24 Apr 2019, 1:45 pm
A gif I stole and want to focus on eye and ear shadows.
Check out Lee's right ear shadow...

photos - The Backyard Photos: Ring Transposition and and LHO stance - Page 5 20190410

Cheers, Ed
alex_wilson

Wed 24 Apr 2019, 1:59 pm
So much photo alteration junk swirling about. Why the fuck would anyone want t alter the shadow of a limousine tire? But the BYP are another case entirety.. they just look so PAINEfully bogus.
I remember reading the "Neely St Questions" thread on the Ed forum..raised some interesting issues. Didn't Trejo try t hijack it with some of his Warren Commission lite bullshit? I bet his walls are just plastered with photos of the Quaker Charity Lady. I shudder t think what he used t do the plasterin'...

Is that a doppelganger in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?
Artist, poet, polymath, cancer research prodigy Judyth Vary Baker's  first words to Lee HARVEY Oswald. New Orleans April 1963

For every HARVEY there must be an equal and opposite LEE
Professor Sandy Isaac Newton Laverne Shirley Fonzie Larsen's 
Famous 1st Law of Doppelganging

" To answer your question I  ALWAYS  look for mundane reasons for seeming anomalies before considering  sinister explanations. Only a fool would do otherwise. And I'm no fool" The esteemed Professor Larsen  From  his soon to be published  self help book " The Trough of Enlightenment "( Trine Day  Foreword  Vince Palamara)

" Once you prove Davidson's woman's face then Stanton's breasts follow naturally " Brian Doyle
Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

Wed 24 Apr 2019, 3:52 pm
Ahh Pugsley and Mrs. Paine.
Pugsley has a gif of Ruth that makes him pop like Old Faithful at Yellowstone.
Cheers, Ed
alex_wilson

Thu 25 Apr 2019, 9:27 pm
I remember your exemplary research on the " Neely St" thread Ed..the kind of detective work Inspector Doyle would be proud of.
Between you and Greg you pretty much convinced me Oswald never stayed there. Which makes the BYP photos even MORE compelling.
Someone, i think maybe you Jake or Steely summed Trejo up perfectly. " Wilful ignorance" He can't possibly be as stupid and obtuse as he makes himself out t be. I bet he's got himself a Doylesque basement stuffed with fully flexible rubber mannequins of the Quaker Charity Lady. And General Walker too. He seeme utterly obsessed with him. Reading his posts was like reading a fan letter a 13 year old from Kansas might have sent Ringo after Ed Sullivan. " Oh Ted, i can call you Ted the manly way you handled that big shiny co...colt of yours and the way the stars gleam from your shoulders made me come over all peculiar..Oh Teddy, i can call you Teddy can't I? you remind me of a Hillbilly Hercules..Could you sign the photos i sent you..i hope you like the lingerie I'm wearing..i picked it out just for you..Teddy. Signed Paul Trejo(MA)
Since he departed the Ed forum he's set up his own website CIadidnotkillJFK.com with that pissant sidekick of his Jason Ward.
The same old debunked garbage regurgitated ad nauseam. I wonder what the illustrious Master Drago would make of it all..
When he dies they should stuff him and put him in the Smithsonian. The perfect specimen of the mindless zealot. He's painted the stars on his ceiling and called it the sky. And through the cracks he can see his God smile down upon him.
By the way Ed i never got the chance t compliment you on your work on Prayerman. The confirmation from Marina was the piece de resistance. Along with Bart, Greg, Stan , the other ROKCers and of course Sean have done the heavy lifting and deserve all the kudos.
( tip hat here)
Its that kind of stuff that really sets ROKC apart.

Is that a doppelganger in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?
Artist, poet, polymath, cancer research prodigy Judyth Vary Baker's  first words to Lee HARVEY Oswald. New Orleans April 1963

For every HARVEY there must be an equal and opposite LEE
Professor Sandy Isaac Newton Laverne Shirley Fonzie Larsen's 
Famous 1st Law of Doppelganging

" To answer your question I  ALWAYS  look for mundane reasons for seeming anomalies before considering  sinister explanations. Only a fool would do otherwise. And I'm no fool" The esteemed Professor Larsen  From  his soon to be published  self help book " The Trough of Enlightenment "( Trine Day  Foreword  Vince Palamara)

" Once you prove Davidson's woman's face then Stanton's breasts follow naturally " Brian Doyle
Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

Fri 26 Apr 2019, 5:09 am
Much obliged Alex. Many mahalos.

".. fan letter a 13 year old from Kansas."
Hosty's kid after his father's transfer?

"they should stuff him and put him in the Smithsonian."
The Dian Fossey Silverback Museum was also on their short list.

"that kind of stuff that really sets ROKC apart"
That's why were here, isnt it.
Keep on Rokcin!

Cheers
Ed
Mick_Purdy
Mick_Purdy

Fri 26 Apr 2019, 8:08 am
Ed. Ledoux wrote:From the files of the DPD.

214 W. Neely Street, November 29 1963

photos - The Backyard Photos: Ring Transposition and and LHO stance - Page 5 4085-010
photos - The Backyard Photos: Ring Transposition and and LHO stance - Page 5 4084-010
photos - The Backyard Photos: Ring Transposition and and LHO stance - Page 5 4083-010
Makes me laugh Ed, CE133c not discovered til when? 1967. Yet there is the DPD assuming said position in November '63

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum