» JFK Assassination
Yesterday at 7:15 am by jack ferguson

» Lifton on his "new evidence"
Yesterday at 4:47 am by steely dan

» friends student exchange programs
Wed 07 Dec 2016, 12:01 pm by greg parker

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Furl  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Affiliates
free forum

Lee Oswald's Wedding Ring Being Auctioned

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lee Oswald's Wedding Ring Being Auctioned

Post by Guest on Mon 22 Jul 2013, 4:18 am

I've always been utterly perplexed as to how in the hell Ruth Paine had this in her possession to pass to the Secret Service on December 2nd, 1963:

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/jfk50/explore/20130717-lee-harvey-oswalds-wedding-band-heading-to-auction-block.ece

Back to top Go down

Re: Lee Oswald's Wedding Ring Being Auctioned

Post by greg parker on Mon 22 Jul 2013, 12:10 pm

Lee David Farley wrote:I've always been utterly perplexed as to how in the hell Ruth Paine had this in her possession to pass to the Secret Service on December 2nd, 1963:

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/jfk50/explore/20130717-lee-harvey-oswalds-wedding-band-heading-to-auction-block.ece

I just made a couple of comments there...

And then noticed this, from Marina's testimony:

Mrs. OSWALD. The night from the 23d to the 24th I spent at a hotel in Dallas, together with the mother. She wanted to make sure that the Life reporters who had taken this room would pay for it, as they had promised. But they disappeared. Then she telephoned Robert, it seems to me, and Gregory--no, Mr. Gregory. And I know that he came with Robert, and Robert paid for the room. And, after that, after we left the hotel, we met with the Secret Service agents. I wanted to see Lee, and we were supposed to go to the police station to see him.
Mr. RANKIN. That was on November 24th, on Sunday?
Mrs. OSWALD. Yes.
Mr. RANKIN. And then what happened?
Mrs. OSWALD. I don't remember whether we went to Ruth to take my things or perhaps--in general, I remember that en route, in the car, Mike Howard or Charley Kunkel said that Lee had been shot today. At first he said that it wasn't serious--perhaps just not to frighten me. I was told that he had been taken to a hospital, and then I was told that he had been seriously wounded. Then they had to telephone somewhere. They stopped at the house of the chief of police, Curry. From there, I telephone Ruth to tell her that I wanted to take several things which I needed with me, and asked her to prepare them. And that there was a wallet with money and Lee's ring.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So did Ruth just not take the ring to her? Did she take it, only for Marina to give it back to her? Neither option makes a great deal of sense... 

Out to where the van is waiting
I'm looking for the Great Leap Forward

Billy Bragg
-----------------------------
 Australians don't mind criminals: It's successful bullshit artists we despise. 
             Lachie Hulme            
-----------------------------
The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

greg parker
Admin

View user profile http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top