Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
Log in
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 
Like/Tweet/+1
Affiliates
free forum
 



Share
Go down
avatar
Posts : 217
Join date : 2013-06-22
View user profile

Why Did James Earl Ray Plead Guilty?

on Fri 02 Aug 2013, 2:00 am
Just finished this:

http://mlkmurder.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/why-did-james-earl-ray-plead-guilty.html

For whatever reason, I found this fairly difficult to write so I hope it reads ok and makes sense to everyone.

Again, I just want to spark as much interest in this case as I can.
avatar
Posts : 1899
Join date : 2013-03-13
Age : 29
Location : Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
View user profilehttp://jfkthelonegunmanmyth.blogspot.com.au/

Re: Why Did James Earl Ray Plead Guilty?

on Fri 02 Aug 2013, 2:05 am
Martin Hay wrote:Just finished this:

http://mlkmurder.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/why-did-james-earl-ray-plead-guilty.html

For whatever reason, I found this fairly difficult to write so I hope it reads ok and makes sense to everyone.

Again, I just want to spark as much interest in this case as I can.

When I find the time Martin, I'll give it a read. Now that Jim Di has joined the forum, maybe he'll be able to also contribute to the MLK assassination discussion.
avatar
Posts : 1899
Join date : 2013-03-13
Age : 29
Location : Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
View user profilehttp://jfkthelonegunmanmyth.blogspot.com.au/

Re: Why Did James Earl Ray Plead Guilty?

on Sat 03 Aug 2013, 8:02 pm
Martin,

I just finished reading your article. Great work! Man, Percy Foreman was a fucking dickhead. I reckon this guy was worse than the entire Warren Commission combined.
avatar
Posts : 217
Join date : 2013-06-22
View user profile

Re: Why Did James Earl Ray Plead Guilty?

on Sat 03 Aug 2013, 9:53 pm
Hasan Yusuf wrote:Martin,

I just finished reading your article. Great work! Man, Percy Foreman was a fucking dickhead. I reckon this guy was worse than the entire Warren Commission combined.

 Thanks again, Hasan. I'm glad you're enjoying my posts!

Yes Foreman was a scumbag. The question that remains is why did he do what he did? He obviously cared about his fee but he didn't need the money - he was already very rich and successful.

So why did he pressure Ray to plead guilty? What was in it for Foreman?

I'm still looking for the answer to that question.
avatar
Posts : 1899
Join date : 2013-03-13
Age : 29
Location : Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
View user profilehttp://jfkthelonegunmanmyth.blogspot.com.au/

Re: Why Did James Earl Ray Plead Guilty?

on Sun 04 Aug 2013, 5:34 am
Martin Hay wrote:Thanks again, Hasan. I'm glad you're enjoying my posts!

You're welcome, Martin. Please keep them coming!

Yes Foreman was a scumbag. The question that remains is why did he do what he did? He obviously cared about his fee but he didn't need the money - he was already very rich and successful.

My guess would be greed. The way I look at it, being rich is kind of like being a drug addict. The more you are addicted to drugs, the more you want drugs. The wealthier you are, the more you want money.

So why did he pressure Ray to plead guilty? What was in it for Foreman?

I'm still looking for the answer to that question.

I look forward to reading what you can come up with.
Guest
Guest

Re: Why Did James Earl Ray Plead Guilty?

on Mon 05 Aug 2013, 8:18 pm
Thanks for this information, Martin. I'd had a hunch that Ray was indeed mentally weakened from incarceration come trial time. But I had no idea he was being handled by swindlers like William Bradford Huie and Percy Foreman. 

The piece really reads well but it was heartsickening to see how these swine manipulated Ray- more interested in $ than truth. I can appreciate that it was difficult for you to write about.

I'm nowhere near being a legal scholar. So I take it that "legally guilty" means accepting blame for the crime, in the eyes of the court, because someone had to have done it. And that blame is not as strong as a in a guilty finding from a trial by jury.

So Ray was presented with this choice by Foreman- plead legally guilty and get 99 years, in order to avoid a trial by jury that in all likelihood would get him fried in the electric chair.

Thanks for the effort.
avatar
Posts : 217
Join date : 2013-06-22
View user profile

Re: Why Did James Earl Ray Plead Guilty?

on Mon 05 Aug 2013, 10:44 pm
Richard Gilbride wrote:Thanks for this information, Martin. I'd had a hunch that Ray was indeed mentally weakened from incarceration come trial time. But I had no idea he was being handled by swindlers like William Bradford Huie and Percy Foreman. 

The piece really reads well but it was heartsickening to see how these swine manipulated Ray- more interested in $ than truth. I can appreciate that it was difficult for you to write about.

I'm nowhere near being a legal scholar. So I take it that "legally guilty" means accepting blame for the crime, in the eyes of the court, because someone had to have done it. And that blame is not as strong as a in a guilty finding from a trial by jury.

So Ray was presented with this choice by Foreman- plead legally guilty and get 99 years, in order to avoid a trial by jury that in all likelihood would get him fried in the electric chair.

Thanks for the effort.

The messed up thing, Richard, is that Foreman was even lying to Ray when he told him there was a 99% chance of the death penalty. The truth is that the chance of his getting the chair was extremely low. Not only did the King family oppose the death penalty for Ray, but as Judge Battle told the jury at the end of the guilty plea hearing: "There has been no execution of any prisoners from Shelby County in this State since I took the bench in 1959. All the trends in this country are in the direction of doing away with capital punishment altogether"

What Foreman got for Ray was actually the very worst he could have gotten! Far worse than the life sentence Ray had already turned down.
Posts : 67
Join date : 2011-12-15
View user profile

Re: Why Did James Earl Ray Plead Guilty?

on Wed 07 Aug 2013, 3:12 am
I think Martin, who knows this because I informed him of my opinion, is one of the best writers we have in the conspiracy area. And I apologize, Martin, as I have some material related to this that I promised to provide. It's a lot, and I am working on it.
avatar
Posts : 217
Join date : 2013-06-22
View user profile

Re: Why Did James Earl Ray Plead Guilty?

on Thu 08 Aug 2013, 12:57 am
AllenLowe wrote:I think Martin, who knows this because I informed him of my opinion, is one of the best writers we have in the conspiracy area. And I apologize, Martin, as I have some material related to this that I promised to provide. It's a lot, and I am working on it.

Hey, no worries and no rush, Allen.

I'm taking a little break from MLK for a week or so anyway. Then I'm going to work on a lengthy critique of Hampton Sides' book. I know it's a little late - the book's been out for 3 years - but there's no in-depth response on the net that I can find and I feel there should be.
Sponsored content

Re: Why Did James Earl Ray Plead Guilty?

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum