Choose Search Type
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» What strange affidavits these are!
Today at 11:21 pm by Ed. Ledoux

» ROKC Lampoon
Today at 3:27 pm by Stan Dane

» The Facts about Connally's Wounds
Yesterday at 10:01 pm by Vinny

»  How Jack Ruby's Entry Could Have Been Coordinated
Yesterday at 9:59 pm by Vinny

» JFK Conference
Yesterday at 9:55 pm by Vinny

» Kennedys and King website
Sat 03 Dec 2016, 6:05 pm by Paul Francisco Paso

» Kent Courtney
Fri 02 Dec 2016, 11:47 pm by Hasan Yusuf

» a ramble in and around Pine St, NO
Fri 02 Dec 2016, 11:45 pm by Hasan Yusuf

» Anatomy Of A Second Floor Encounter
Fri 02 Dec 2016, 11:01 pm by barto

Log in

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Furl  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds


Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 


Affiliates
free forum
 



Interview With James Leavelle

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Interview With James Leavelle

Post by Guest on Mon 11 Nov 2013, 7:59 am

Bill Brown: "...and make no mistake... Scoggins...positively identified Oswald.  Of course, you know that."




Greg Parker: "This is above and beyond all else, a research forum formed around the idea of having the case reopened."

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Interview With James Leavelle

Post by greg parker on Mon 11 Nov 2013, 8:11 am


Whether you like it or not, Leavelle was convinced (and rightly so, in my opinion) that Oswald was guilty.



Jim Leavelle, when speaking with Oswald for the murder of J.D. Tippit (before Leavelle knew that Oswald would be a suspect in the murder of the President):
Okay. So you've gone from arguing that the DPD already had "every single piece of evidence in the Tippit case points to Lee Oswald as the culprit" prior to Scoggins viewing any lineup to now saying that "Leavelle was convinced that Oswald was guilty". Police instinct, no doubt because the EVIDENCE was not all in as you initially claimed. 
"Lee, you strike me as an individual who has a lot of sense, very intelligent.  You know that we can take the bullet that killed the officer and run tests on your pistol that you had on you when you was arrested in the theater and match it up and prove that it came from your gun.  You understand that, don't you?"
 This and other quotes you've pulled from Bugliosi's book are remarkable in that it appears that Leavelle's memory improved dramatically over the years - or maybe Bugliosi drew all those memories out using hypnosis?

From Leavelle's WC testimony regarding the Scoggins/Whaley lineup
Mr. BALL. Did you go down with them to the showup? 
Mr. LEAVELLE. I am sure that I did. I do not recall but I am sure I must have. 
Mr. BALL. Here's some other notes that you might look at to refresh your memory [notes to witness]. 
Mr. LEAVELLE. From these notes here it indicates I was there along with them at that time. 
Mr. BALL. What is your memory? Is your memory different from the notes? 
Mr. LEAVELLE. I do not remember who else was there, if anyone was
Mr. BALL. You know that you were there with Scoggins and Whaley? 
Mr. LEAVELLE. Yes. 
Mr. BALL. Do you remember the men in the showup? 
Mr. LEAVELLE. I do not recall who was in there. I know it says who was here but I could not tell you. 

So on April 7, 1964, Leavelle could remember very little about that lineup. In fact, he didn't seem to recall even being there. But suddenly Bugliosi has him quoting large chunks of conversations with Oswald and Scoggins. Give me a break. 

Since Leavelle was convinced that Oswald was guilty for Tippit's murder, he obviously wanted Oswald to be identified as the killer.  There's nothing suspicious about that.  However, nothing has been presented to suggest that Leavelle did anything to influence the positive identifications by either Scoggins or Whaley... and make no mistake... Scoggins and Whaley both positively identified Oswald.  Of course, you know that.
Leavelle was convinced based on... [fill in the blank with the evidence you can prove Leavelle had access to prior to the Scoggins lineup]

Mr. BALL. You took part in the investigation, did you not, as a member of the Dallas Police Department? 
Mr. LEAVELLE. A minor part you might say. I didn't have much to do with Oswald, myself. 


As you now know, thanks to Hasan, Scoggins was less than certain about his ID of Oswald two days after making it.

And Whaley admitted in testimony anyone could have picked Oswald out in that lineup. He was the only one whose photo had been plastered all over the media. He was the only one showing signs of a beating. He was the only one not a teenager or Latino. He was the only one complaining about his treatment.


Last edited by greg parker on Mon 11 Nov 2013, 8:31 am; edited 2 times in total

_________________
Mixing Pop and Politics he asks me what the use is
I offer him embarrassment and my usual excuses
While looking down the corridor
Out to where the van is waiting
I'm looking for the Great Leap Forward

            Billy Bragg
-----------------------------
 Australians don't mind criminals: It's successful bullshit artists we despise. 
             Lachie Hulme            
-----------------------------
The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

greg parker
Admin

Posts : 3443
Join date : 2009-08-21
Age : 58
Location : Orange, NSW, Australia

View user profile http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Back to top Go down

Re: Interview With James Leavelle

Post by Guest on Mon 11 Nov 2013, 8:21 am



Oswald: "Will somebody...please...go get me my lucky assassin shirt."

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Interview With James Leavelle

Post by greg parker on Mon 11 Nov 2013, 9:34 am

Lee Farley wrote:

Oswald: "Will somebody...please...go get me my lucky assassin shirt."
That's right! Leavelle remembered Oswald saying this when he was interviewed by Franz Mesmer Vince Bugliosi.

_________________
Mixing Pop and Politics he asks me what the use is
I offer him embarrassment and my usual excuses
While looking down the corridor
Out to where the van is waiting
I'm looking for the Great Leap Forward

            Billy Bragg
-----------------------------
 Australians don't mind criminals: It's successful bullshit artists we despise. 
             Lachie Hulme            
-----------------------------
The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

greg parker
Admin

Posts : 3443
Join date : 2009-08-21
Age : 58
Location : Orange, NSW, Australia

View user profile http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Back to top Go down

Re: Interview With James Leavelle

Post by greg parker on Mon 11 Nov 2013, 9:42 am

Lee Farley wrote:

Oswald: "Will somebody...please...go get me my lucky assassin shirt."
The ever helpful Oswald is seen here trying to demonstrate the magic bullet trajectory, but those dumbass cops wouldn't listen. They thought it was an early attempt at establishing an insanity plea.

_________________
Mixing Pop and Politics he asks me what the use is
I offer him embarrassment and my usual excuses
While looking down the corridor
Out to where the van is waiting
I'm looking for the Great Leap Forward

            Billy Bragg
-----------------------------
 Australians don't mind criminals: It's successful bullshit artists we despise. 
             Lachie Hulme            
-----------------------------
The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

greg parker
Admin

Posts : 3443
Join date : 2009-08-21
Age : 58
Location : Orange, NSW, Australia

View user profile http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Back to top Go down

Re: Interview With James Leavelle

Post by greg parker on Mon 11 Nov 2013, 10:04 am

JFK Student wrote:http://stillwatergazette.com/2013/08/29/dallas-detective-still-answering-questions-about-jfk-assassination/
From the above story:

"Leavelle dismissed conspiracy theories, marveling at how sharp memories become as time goes by.

Well, Leavelle would know about that judging from his not remembering even being at the lineup with Scoggins to recalling large chunks of conversations by the time he was interviewed by the Bug!

_________________
Mixing Pop and Politics he asks me what the use is
I offer him embarrassment and my usual excuses
While looking down the corridor
Out to where the van is waiting
I'm looking for the Great Leap Forward

            Billy Bragg
-----------------------------
 Australians don't mind criminals: It's successful bullshit artists we despise. 
             Lachie Hulme            
-----------------------------
The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

greg parker
Admin

Posts : 3443
Join date : 2009-08-21
Age : 58
Location : Orange, NSW, Australia

View user profile http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Back to top Go down

Re: Interview With James Leavelle

Post by Guest on Mon 11 Nov 2013, 11:06 am

greg parker wrote:

Whether you like it or not, Leavelle was convinced (and rightly so, in my opinion) that Oswald was guilty.



Jim Leavelle, when speaking with Oswald for the murder of J.D. Tippit (before Leavelle knew that Oswald would be a suspect in the murder of the President):
Okay. So you've gone from arguing that the DPD already had "every single piece of evidence in the Tippit case points to Lee Oswald as the culprit" prior to Scoggins viewing any lineup to now saying that "Leavelle was convinced that Oswald was guilty". Police instinct, no doubt because the EVIDENCE was not all in as you initially claimed. 
"Lee, you strike me as an individual who has a lot of sense, very intelligent.  You know that we can take the bullet that killed the officer and run tests on your pistol that you had on you when you was arrested in the theater and match it up and prove that it came from your gun.  You understand that, don't you?"
 This and other quotes you've pulled from Bugliosi's book are remarkable in that it appears that Leavelle's memory improved dramatically over the years - or maybe Bugliosi drew all those memories out using hypnosis?

From Leavelle's WC testimony regarding the Scoggins/Whaley lineup
Mr. BALL. Did you go down with them to the showup? 
Mr. LEAVELLE. I am sure that I did. I do not recall but I am sure I must have. 
Mr. BALL. Here's some other notes that you might look at to refresh your memory [notes to witness]. 
Mr. LEAVELLE. From these notes here it indicates I was there along with them at that time. 
Mr. BALL. What is your memory? Is your memory different from the notes? 
Mr. LEAVELLE. I do not remember who else was there, if anyone was
Mr. BALL. You know that you were there with Scoggins and Whaley? 
Mr. LEAVELLE. Yes. 
Mr. BALL. Do you remember the men in the showup? 
Mr. LEAVELLE. I do not recall who was in there. I know it says who was here but I could not tell you. 

So on April 7, 1964, Leavelle could remember very little about that lineup. In fact, he didn't seem to recall even being there. But suddenly Bugliosi has him quoting large chunks of conversations with Oswald and Scoggins. Give me a break. 

Since Leavelle was convinced that Oswald was guilty for Tippit's murder, he obviously wanted Oswald to be identified as the killer.  There's nothing suspicious about that.  However, nothing has been presented to suggest that Leavelle did anything to influence the positive identifications by either Scoggins or Whaley... and make no mistake... Scoggins and Whaley both positively identified Oswald.  Of course, you know that.
Leavelle was convinced based on... [fill in the blank with the evidence you can prove Leavelle had access to prior to the Scoggins lineup]

Mr. BALL. You took part in the investigation, did you not, as a member of the Dallas Police Department? 
Mr. LEAVELLE. A minor part you might say. I didn't have much to do with Oswald, myself. 


As you now know, thanks to Hasan, Scoggins was less than certain about his ID of Oswald two days after making it.

And Whaley admitted in testimony anyone could have picked Oswald out in that lineup. He was the only one whose photo had been plastered all over the media. He was the only one showing signs of a beating. He was the only one not a teenager or Latino. He was the only one complaining about his treatment.
"Lee, you strike me as an individual who has a lot of sense, very intelligent.  You know that we can take the bullet that killed the officer and run tests on your pistol that you had on you when you was arrested in the theater and match it up and prove that it came from your gun.  You understand that, don't you?" -  Bill Brown (quoting Jim Leavelle)

"This and other quotes you've pulled from Bugliosi's book are remarkable in that it appears that Leavelle's memory improved dramatically over the years - or maybe Bugliosi drew all those memories out using hypnosis?" - Greg Parker


No.  I've never read Reclaiming History.  What page of Bugliosi's book did this appear on?  Do you know?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Interview With James Leavelle

Post by Guest on Mon 11 Nov 2013, 11:21 am

Smart arse?  So name calling is allowed?  Please clarify.
 
"He can bitch and holler all he wants, but that is the man I saw running from the scene." - William Scoggins

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Interview With James Leavelle

Post by greg parker on Mon 11 Nov 2013, 11:59 am

Bill Brown wrote:
greg parker wrote:

Whether you like it or not, Leavelle was convinced (and rightly so, in my opinion) that Oswald was guilty.



Jim Leavelle, when speaking with Oswald for the murder of J.D. Tippit (before Leavelle knew that Oswald would be a suspect in the murder of the President):
Okay. So you've gone from arguing that the DPD already had "every single piece of evidence in the Tippit case points to Lee Oswald as the culprit" prior to Scoggins viewing any lineup to now saying that "Leavelle was convinced that Oswald was guilty". Police instinct, no doubt because the EVIDENCE was not all in as you initially claimed. 
"Lee, you strike me as an individual who has a lot of sense, very intelligent.  You know that we can take the bullet that killed the officer and run tests on your pistol that you had on you when you was arrested in the theater and match it up and prove that it came from your gun.  You understand that, don't you?"
 This and other quotes you've pulled from Bugliosi's book are remarkable in that it appears that Leavelle's memory improved dramatically over the years - or maybe Bugliosi drew all those memories out using hypnosis?

From Leavelle's WC testimony regarding the Scoggins/Whaley lineup
Mr. BALL. Did you go down with them to the showup? 
Mr. LEAVELLE. I am sure that I did. I do not recall but I am sure I must have. 
Mr. BALL. Here's some other notes that you might look at to refresh your memory [notes to witness]. 
Mr. LEAVELLE. From these notes here it indicates I was there along with them at that time. 
Mr. BALL. What is your memory? Is your memory different from the notes? 
Mr. LEAVELLE. I do not remember who else was there, if anyone was
Mr. BALL. You know that you were there with Scoggins and Whaley? 
Mr. LEAVELLE. Yes. 
Mr. BALL. Do you remember the men in the showup? 
Mr. LEAVELLE. I do not recall who was in there. I know it says who was here but I could not tell you. 

So on April 7, 1964, Leavelle could remember very little about that lineup. In fact, he didn't seem to recall even being there. But suddenly Bugliosi has him quoting large chunks of conversations with Oswald and Scoggins. Give me a break. 

Since Leavelle was convinced that Oswald was guilty for Tippit's murder, he obviously wanted Oswald to be identified as the killer.  There's nothing suspicious about that.  However, nothing has been presented to suggest that Leavelle did anything to influence the positive identifications by either Scoggins or Whaley... and make no mistake... Scoggins and Whaley both positively identified Oswald.  Of course, you know that.
Leavelle was convinced based on... [fill in the blank with the evidence you can prove Leavelle had access to prior to the Scoggins lineup]

Mr. BALL. You took part in the investigation, did you not, as a member of the Dallas Police Department? 
Mr. LEAVELLE. A minor part you might say. I didn't have much to do with Oswald, myself. 


As you now know, thanks to Hasan, Scoggins was less than certain about his ID of Oswald two days after making it.

And Whaley admitted in testimony anyone could have picked Oswald out in that lineup. He was the only one whose photo had been plastered all over the media. He was the only one showing signs of a beating. He was the only one not a teenager or Latino. He was the only one complaining about his treatment.
"Lee, you strike me as an individual who has a lot of sense, very intelligent.  You know that we can take the bullet that killed the officer and run tests on your pistol that you had on you when you was arrested in the theater and match it up and prove that it came from your gun.  You understand that, don't you?" -  Bill Brown (quoting Jim Leavelle)

"This and other quotes you've pulled from Bugliosi's book are remarkable in that it appears that Leavelle's memory improved dramatically over the years - or maybe Bugliosi drew all those memories out using hypnosis?" - Greg Parker


No.  I've never read Reclaiming History.  What page of Bugliosi's book did this appear on?  Do you know?
The quotes come from "Four days in November" by Bugliosi.

If that is not your source, please name what your source is. It is bad form to just drop quotes without showing where you are getting them from.

It would be helpful if you can also explain how Leavelle - during his testimony - could not remember even being at the lineup and why he also admitted he had little to do with the investigation. According to your quotes - he remembered an awful lot and was a KEY investigator of Oswald. 

Do some actual research and get back with what you find - confine your answers to what has been said to you - and avoid the logical traps (if you can) that you so far seem to wonder into at the drop of a hat.


Last edited by greg parker on Mon 11 Nov 2013, 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Mixing Pop and Politics he asks me what the use is
I offer him embarrassment and my usual excuses
While looking down the corridor
Out to where the van is waiting
I'm looking for the Great Leap Forward

            Billy Bragg
-----------------------------
 Australians don't mind criminals: It's successful bullshit artists we despise. 
             Lachie Hulme            
-----------------------------
The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

greg parker
Admin

Posts : 3443
Join date : 2009-08-21
Age : 58
Location : Orange, NSW, Australia

View user profile http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Back to top Go down

Re: Interview With James Leavelle

Post by Guest on Mon 11 Nov 2013, 12:19 pm

"The quotes come from "Four days in November" by Bugliosi.

If that is not your source, please name what your source is. It is bad form to just drop quotes without showing where you are getting them from." - Greg Parker


I quoted Leavelle (verbatim) from a C-SPAN video.  However, this site is not allowing me to post the link (to the video) for some reason.  I get an error message saying that new members are not allowed to post external links or emails for seven days.

I do own Four Days In November.  What page?  Do you know?  I would like to have a look.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Interview With James Leavelle

Post by greg parker on Mon 11 Nov 2013, 12:24 pm

Bill Brown wrote:I quoted Leavelle (verbatim) from a C-SPAN video.  However, this site is not allowing me to post the link (to the video) for some reason.  I get an error message saying that new members are not allowed to post external links or emails for seven days.

I do own Four Days In November.  What page?  Do you know?  I would like to have a look.
The "he can bitch all he wants" quote is on page 363. The ban on newbies not posting links for 7 days is a safeguard against anyone coming here for the sole purpose of spamming.

Mr. BALL. Did you go down with them to the showup? 
Mr. LEAVELLE. I am sure that I did. I do not recall but I am sure I must have.

_________________
Mixing Pop and Politics he asks me what the use is
I offer him embarrassment and my usual excuses
While looking down the corridor
Out to where the van is waiting
I'm looking for the Great Leap Forward

            Billy Bragg
-----------------------------
 Australians don't mind criminals: It's successful bullshit artists we despise. 
             Lachie Hulme            
-----------------------------
The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

greg parker
Admin

Posts : 3443
Join date : 2009-08-21
Age : 58
Location : Orange, NSW, Australia

View user profile http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Back to top Go down

Re: Interview With James Leavelle

Post by Guest on Mon 11 Nov 2013, 12:33 pm

greg parker wrote:
Bill Brown wrote:I quoted Leavelle (verbatim) from a C-SPAN video.  However, this site is not allowing me to post the link (to the video) for some reason.  I get an error message saying that new members are not allowed to post external links or emails for seven days.

I do own Four Days In November.  What page?  Do you know?  I would like to have a look.
The "he can bitch all he wants" quote is on page 363. The ban on newbies not posting links for 7 days is a safeguard against anyone coming here for the sole purpose of spamming.

Mr. BALL. Did you go down with them to the showup? 
Mr. LEAVELLE. I am sure that I did. I do not recall but I am sure I must have.
Okay.  The Scoggins comment appears in Four Days In November.  It appears other places as well.  I got it from With Malice.  Perhaps Myers got it from Four Days.  It was a false assumption on your part.

But, I thought you said the Leavelle quote came from "Bugliosi's book".  Which book and what page?

Also, you criticize me and tell me that it is "bad form" for not revealing where I got my quote from, yet your own rule does not allow me to post the source.


Last edited by Bill Brown on Mon 11 Nov 2013, 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Interview With James Leavelle

Post by Guest on Mon 11 Nov 2013, 12:40 pm

I understand the "prevent spamming" angle.  Can't say I blame you there.

Below is the Leavelle video.  If anyone wants to view the video, simply take out the spaces:

w w w . c - s p a n v i d e o . o r g / p r o g r a m / 1 9 5 6 7 4 - 5

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Interview With James Leavelle

Post by greg parker on Mon 11 Nov 2013, 12:52 pm

Bill Brown wrote:
greg parker wrote:
Bill Brown wrote:I quoted Leavelle (verbatim) from a C-SPAN video.  However, this site is not allowing me to post the link (to the video) for some reason.  I get an error message saying that new members are not allowed to post external links or emails for seven days.

I do own Four Days In November.  What page?  Do you know?  I would like to have a look.
The "he can bitch all he wants" quote is on page 363. The ban on newbies not posting links for 7 days is a safeguard against anyone coming here for the sole purpose of spamming.

Mr. BALL. Did you go down with them to the showup? 
Mr. LEAVELLE. I am sure that I did. I do not recall but I am sure I must have.
Okay.  The Scoggins comment appears in Four Days In November.  It appears other places as well.  I got it from With Malice.  It was a false assumption on your part.

But, I thought you said the Leavelle quote came from "Bugliosi's book".  Which book and what page?

Might not be exactly the same, but something similar on p236 in regard to "wrapping Oswald up real tight..." 

Also, you criticize me and tell me that it is "bad form" for not revealing where I got my quote from, yet your own rule does not allow me to post the source.

You don't need to provide a link. You just need to name your source so that it can be checked. 

_________________
Mixing Pop and Politics he asks me what the use is
I offer him embarrassment and my usual excuses
While looking down the corridor
Out to where the van is waiting
I'm looking for the Great Leap Forward

            Billy Bragg
-----------------------------
 Australians don't mind criminals: It's successful bullshit artists we despise. 
             Lachie Hulme            
-----------------------------
The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

greg parker
Admin

Posts : 3443
Join date : 2009-08-21
Age : 58
Location : Orange, NSW, Australia

View user profile http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Back to top Go down

Re: Interview With James Leavelle

Post by Guest on Mon 11 Nov 2013, 2:38 pm

20 years ago i was a trainee painter and decorater along with other trainees in various building trades. The police would usually turn up every 2/3 weeks requesting volunteers for line ups. I assume this was because there was a ready supply of average looking males aged 18 to mid 50's. Once at the police station we were brought out to the defendant and his solicitor and it was their choice as to who took part in the line up.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Interview With James Leavelle

Post by greg parker on Mon 11 Nov 2013, 2:47 pm

You can't ask fairer than that.

_________________
Mixing Pop and Politics he asks me what the use is
I offer him embarrassment and my usual excuses
While looking down the corridor
Out to where the van is waiting
I'm looking for the Great Leap Forward

            Billy Bragg
-----------------------------
 Australians don't mind criminals: It's successful bullshit artists we despise. 
             Lachie Hulme            
-----------------------------
The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

greg parker
Admin

Posts : 3443
Join date : 2009-08-21
Age : 58
Location : Orange, NSW, Australia

View user profile http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Back to top Go down

Re: Interview With James Leavelle

Post by Guest on Mon 11 Nov 2013, 2:55 pm

Greg this was 1990's Bootle, not 1960's Dallas unfortunately.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Interview With James Leavelle

Post by Guest on Mon 11 Nov 2013, 7:24 pm

Alan Dixon wrote:Once at the police station we were brought out to the defendant and his solicitor and it was their choice as to who took part in the line up.
Well, there's the problem.  Why didn't Lee Oswald's solicitor...

...wait...

...oh yeah.  He didn't have one did he? Shocked

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Interview With James Leavelle

Post by ianlloyd on Mon 11 Nov 2013, 8:20 pm

Bill Brown wrote:
Hasan Yusuf wrote:Clearly, Leavelle and the DPD didn't desperately want Oswald to be identified as Tippit's shooter. I'm a smartass &
Of course Leavelle and the rest of the Dallas Police Department wanted Oswald to be identified as the cop-killer.  Oswald was the cop-killer.  Why wouldn't Leavelle and the rest of the Dallas Police Department want the man who killed the cop to be identified as such?
Hi Bill,


It's been a while!!!

Hypothetical question - let's say you were facing murder charges which you deny where there was, for (a very limited) example:


  • A murder weapon that the prosecution says you ordered from a mail order magazine but the weapon in evidence didn't actually match the mail order advertisement;
  • The empty cartridges ascribed to this weapon had a dubious chain of custody;
  • Witnesses who identify you as the shooter and others who cannot or do not;
  • The prosecution alleges you took the weapon to the scene of the crime in paper bag that wasn't photographed at the scene and the only 2 people who saw you actually carrying anything that morning say that the bag was a different bag;
  • The taxi cab you allegedly escaped the scene of the crime in had a manifest that showed you boarded at a particular time yet that would have been impossible in terms of the crime committed, so the prosecution alleges that the taxi manifest is completed in a different way, whereas the actual manifest itself contradicts that.

etc. etc. and the prosecution states that these are all just "honest mistakes" by both law enforcement officials and lay people.

Now, would you instruct your defence lawyer not to question any of this since you agree that they must all be honest mistakes as the prosecution alleges and must therefore be correct since the prosecution alleges it and has the support of the law enforcement agencies?

After all, this is essentially how you are levelling the case against Oswald.

ianlloyd

Posts : 151
Join date : 2010-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Interview With James Leavelle

Post by Hasan Yusuf on Mon 11 Nov 2013, 9:41 pm

Bill Brown wrote:Smart arse?  So name calling is allowed?  Please clarify.
 
"He can bitch and holler all he wants, but that is the man I saw running from the scene." - William Scoggins

You make one more smart arse comment against Greg, and I will kick your arse off the forum! Mark my words, Mr Troll.

Hasan Yusuf

Posts : 1779
Join date : 2013-03-13
Age : 28
Location : Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

View user profile http://jfkthelonegunmanmyth.blogspot.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Re: Interview With James Leavelle

Post by Guest on Tue 12 Nov 2013, 5:23 am

Lee Farley wrote:
Alan Dixon wrote:Once at the police station we were brought out to the defendant and his solicitor and it was their choice as to who took part in the line up.
Well, there's the problem.  Why didn't Lee Oswald's solicitor...

...wait...

...oh yeah.  He didn't have one did he? Shocked
Hi Lee.  You're aware, according to Louis Nichols, that Oswald was offered legal representation but turned it down.  Right?

Oswald was visited by Louis Nichols, the President of the Dallas County Bar Association, to make sure that Oswald was NOT being denied legal representation.  Nichols had received calls from colleagues who expressed to him a concern that Oswald was possibly being denied legal representation.

Nichols offered legal representation to Oswald, which was denied by the wretched waif.

Oswald said he wanted a New York lawyer named John Abt or a lawyer associated with the American Civil Liberties Union to represent him.  Oswald also wanted a lawyer "who believes as I believe, and believes in my innocence."

Nichols:  "What I am interested in is knowing right now, do you want me or the Dallas Bar Association to try to get you a lawyer?"

Oswald:  "No.  Not right now."

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Interview With James Leavelle

Post by Guest on Tue 12 Nov 2013, 5:28 am

ianlloyd wrote:
Bill Brown wrote:
Hasan Yusuf wrote:Clearly, Leavelle and the DPD didn't desperately want Oswald to be identified as Tippit's shooter. I'm a smartass &
Of course Leavelle and the rest of the Dallas Police Department wanted Oswald to be identified as the cop-killer.  Oswald was the cop-killer.  Why wouldn't Leavelle and the rest of the Dallas Police Department want the man who killed the cop to be identified as such?
Hi Bill,


It's been a while!!!

Hypothetical question - let's say you were facing murder charges which you deny where there was, for (a very limited) example:


  • A murder weapon that the prosecution says you ordered from a mail order magazine but the weapon in evidence didn't actually match the mail order advertisement;
  • The empty cartridges ascribed to this weapon had a dubious chain of custody;
  • Witnesses who identify you as the shooter and others who cannot or do not;
  • The prosecution alleges you took the weapon to the scene of the crime in paper bag that wasn't photographed at the scene and the only 2 people who saw you actually carrying anything that morning say that the bag was a different bag;
  • The taxi cab you allegedly escaped the scene of the crime in had a manifest that showed you boarded at a particular time yet that would have been impossible in terms of the crime committed, so the prosecution alleges that the taxi manifest is completed in a different way, whereas the actual manifest itself contradicts that.

etc. etc. and the prosecution states that these are all just "honest mistakes" by both law enforcement officials and lay people.

Now, would you instruct your defence lawyer not to question any of this since you agree that they must all be honest mistakes as the prosecution alleges and must therefore be correct since the prosecution alleges it and has the support of the law enforcement agencies?

After all, this is essentially how you are levelling the case against Oswald.
Hi Ian.  Yes, it's been a while.  I hope you're well and I mean that sincerely.

I level my case against Oswald, the cop-killer who was also tied to evidence implicating him as the assassin of the President.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Interview With James Leavelle

Post by Guest on Tue 12 Nov 2013, 5:29 am

Hasan Yusuf wrote:
Bill Brown wrote:Smart arse?  So name calling is allowed?  Please clarify.
 
"He can bitch and holler all he wants, but that is the man I saw running from the scene." - William Scoggins

You make one more smart arse comment against Greg, and I will kick your arse off the forum! Mark my words, Mr Troll.
One more?  I have yet to make even the FIRST smart ass comment to Greg.  In my humble opinion, someone seems to be on a bit of a power trip.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Interview With James Leavelle

Post by Guest on Tue 12 Nov 2013, 5:39 am

Bill Brown wrote:
Lee Farley wrote:
Alan Dixon wrote:Once at the police station we were brought out to the defendant and his solicitor and it was their choice as to who took part in the line up.
Well, there's the problem.  Why didn't Lee Oswald's solicitor...

...wait...

...oh yeah.  He didn't have one did he? Shocked
Hi Lee.  You're aware, according to Louis Nichols, that Oswald was offered legal representation but turned it down.  Right?

Oswald was visited by Louis Nichols, the President of the Dallas County Bar Association, to make sure that Oswald was NOT being denied legal representation.  Nichols had received calls from colleagues who expressed to him a concern that Oswald was possibly being denied legal representation.

Nichols offered legal representation to Oswald, which was denied by the wretched waif.

Oswald said he wanted a New York lawyer named John Abt or a lawyer associated with the American Civil Liberties Union to represent him.  Oswald also wanted a lawyer "who believes as I believe, and believes in my innocence."

Nichols:  "What I am interested in is knowing right now, do you want me or the Dallas Bar Association to try to get you a lawyer?"

Oswald:  "No.  Not right now."
Oh, for fucks sake.  Maybe this shit-for-brains needs to read some of the damn threads here before opening his mouth.

Now we're going to have to go over the Nichols bullshit?

Someone give me a call when this prick has left please.

I'm outta here.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Interview With James Leavelle

Post by Guest on Tue 12 Nov 2013, 5:57 am

Lee Farley wrote:
Bill Brown wrote:
Lee Farley wrote:
Alan Dixon wrote:Once at the police station we were brought out to the defendant and his solicitor and it was their choice as to who took part in the line up.
Well, there's the problem.  Why didn't Lee Oswald's solicitor...

...wait...

...oh yeah.  He didn't have one did he? Shocked
Hi Lee.  You're aware, according to Louis Nichols, that Oswald was offered legal representation but turned it down.  Right?

Oswald was visited by Louis Nichols, the President of the Dallas County Bar Association, to make sure that Oswald was NOT being denied legal representation.  Nichols had received calls from colleagues who expressed to him a concern that Oswald was possibly being denied legal representation.

Nichols offered legal representation to Oswald, which was denied by the wretched waif.

Oswald said he wanted a New York lawyer named John Abt or a lawyer associated with the American Civil Liberties Union to represent him.  Oswald also wanted a lawyer "who believes as I believe, and believes in my innocence."

Nichols:  "What I am interested in is knowing right now, do you want me or the Dallas Bar Association to try to get you a lawyer?"

Oswald:  "No.  Not right now."
Oh, for fucks sake.  Maybe this shit-for-brains needs to read some of the damn threads here before opening his mouth.

Now we're going to have to go over the Nichols bullshit?

Someone give me a call when this prick has left please.

I'm outta here.
Nice.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Interview With James Leavelle

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:28 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum