REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ROKC IS NOW CLOSED AND IS READ ONLY. WE THANK THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US OVER THE LAST 14 YEARS.

Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
Brian says...Sat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 pmEd.Ledoux
last drinks before the bar closesSat 30 Dec 2023, 2:46 pmTony Krome
The Mystery of Dirk Thomas KunertSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:23 pmTony Krome
Vickie AdamsSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:14 pmgreg_parker
Busted again: Tex ItaliaSat 30 Dec 2023, 9:22 amEd.Ledoux
The Raleigh CallSat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 ambarto
Was Oswald ever confronted with the physical rifle?Sat 30 Dec 2023, 12:03 amCastroSimp
Who Dat? Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:24 pmTony Krome
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
Keywords

paine  Humor  tsbd  tippit  doyle  Theory  2  11  prayer  9  Weigman  zapruder  hosty  frazier  Floor  Lifton  4  fritz  David  3  beckley  3a  Mason  +Lankford  Darnell  Lankford  

Like/Tweet/+1

Go down
ianlloyd

Witnesses tell their stories Empty Witnesses tell their stories

Tue 05 Nov 2013, 3:09 am
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/10422482/JFK-assassination-bystanders-explain-their-theories-of-who-shot-JFK.html

Interesting comment by Boone (emphasis mine):

“By now the search was focused on the depository. Most people believed the shots had come from one of the higher floors, so we were deployed to search the building. The power was off so we were given flashlights and I was assigned to the team to search the sixth floor.”

Whilst I seem to recall that the local fire brigade was asked to provide lamps for searching, I thought that was only to look into the dark recesses, not because the power was still off...??? I mean, this was quite a while later...

Witnesses tell their stories Empty Re: Witnesses tell their stories

Wed 06 Nov 2013, 10:33 am
This is puzzling, Ian, and I think it's Boone's memory which is off. There's not, to my knowledge, any mention of a general power outage by any of the lawmen searching the building, and you'd expect that a striking fact like that would have come out. It is quite a bit later than the elevator outages. Boone seems to be referring to the approximate time period 1:00- 1:15 PM. Perhaps he heard something about the 12:40 outages to the elevators, and after 50 years is mixing them up in his memory.

This is reminiscent of Geneva Hine saying "I was alone until the lights all went out and the phones became dead because the motorcade was coming near us", which is usually interpreted to mean that the plastic Lucite display lights on her phone(s) went out- not a general power outage.

It irks me that Boone is still taking credit for the rifle discovery, when Ian Griggs essentially proved that Patrolman Paul Wilkins found it, and said to Sgt. Donald Flusche, "There's the rifle, Sarge" - which Flusche assented to. Boone overheard them and barged in and yelled out about the rifle across the 6th floor and took credit for the discovery right off the bat. Neither Wilkins nor Flusche spoke up about this until Griggs contacted them in 2007.
ianlloyd

Wed 06 Nov 2013, 6:25 pm
Hi Richard,

Yeah, I initially thought that he'd be mixing it up with an earlier incident but it seems odd that he says about being given flashlights to carry out the search and ties them both together...?

Yes, I spoke to Ian Griggs some years ago about that and asked him to ask Paul a few questions I had...
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum