Choose Search Type
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» ROKC Lampoon
Today at 9:08 am by greg parker

» The Bold and the Italics
Today at 9:06 am by greg parker

» Shirley Temple is Prayer Man According to Duncan McRae
Today at 4:12 am by steely dan

» The Eighth Naval District
Yesterday at 11:33 pm by Hasan Yusuf

» Send Lawyers Guns & Money Pt2
Yesterday at 8:08 pm by barto

» Send Lawyers Guns & Money Pt1
Yesterday at 11:58 am by barto

» JFK Assassination
Yesterday at 7:15 am by jack ferguson

» Lifton on his "new evidence"
Yesterday at 4:47 am by steely dan

» friends student exchange programs
Wed 07 Dec 2016, 12:01 pm by greg parker

Log in

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Furl  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds


Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 


Affiliates
free forum
 



Life Observation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Life Observation

Post by Stan Dane on Tue 12 Nov 2013, 5:50 am

One of my life's observations is that some people know nothing and they learn nothing. They smugly overrate their abilities. They fail to recognize when they are losing and they refuse to acknowledge they have been defeated despite others witnessing their defeat. Then, with a silly grin, they go on to say they won.

It's almost impossible to deal with such people. They are destructive to the prevailing culture.

When it's clear who they are, they need to go on the guest list.

Just my two piasters worth.

Stan Dane

Posts : 2331
Join date : 2013-09-03
Age : 63

View user profile https://prayermanleeharveyoswald.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Life Observation

Post by greg parker on Wed 20 Nov 2013, 10:01 am

I completely understand where you're coming from, Stan.

The demon I wrestle with is where the line is drawn. Where exactly is the line between banning trolls and banning someone just because you don't like them, or because you disagree with them? 

Even if you get it right at the beginning, you always have to stay vigilant that you're not consciously or subconsciously shifting the goalposts or thresholds in order to remove thorns that are otherwise perfectly acceptable non-trolls.

I don't want to copy the DPF model, or the ed forum model of how posters are accepted in the first place - and what they have to do (or not do) to remain acceptable members. 

Let's just give the current system a chance and see how it goes. There is now a clear-cut message regarding the type of posters we want, and those who join and don't adhere to the spirit if it, have no right to expect to remain a member.

_________________
Mixing Pop and Politics he asks me what the use is
I offer him embarrassment and my usual excuses
While looking down the corridor
Out to where the van is waiting
I'm looking for the Great Leap Forward

            Billy Bragg
-----------------------------
 Australians don't mind criminals: It's successful bullshit artists we despise. 
             Lachie Hulme            
-----------------------------
The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

greg parker
Admin

Posts : 3450
Join date : 2009-08-21
Age : 58
Location : Orange, NSW, Australia

View user profile http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Back to top Go down

Re: Life Observation

Post by Stan Dane on Wed 20 Nov 2013, 11:48 am

greg parker wrote:I completely understand where you're coming from, Stan.

The demon I wrestle with is where the line is drawn. Where exactly is the line between banning trolls and banning someone just because you don't like them, or because you disagree with them? 

Even if you get it right at the beginning, you always have to stay vigilant that you're not consciously or subconsciously shifting the goalposts or thresholds in order to remove thorns that are otherwise perfectly acceptable non-trolls.

I don't want to copy the DPF model, or the ed forum model of how posters are accepted in the first place - and what they have to do (or not do) to remain acceptable members. 

Let's just give the current system a chance and see how it goes. There is now a clear-cut message regarding the type of posters we want, and those who join and don't adhere to the spirit if it, have no right to expect to remain a member.
I hear you Greg and I don't want to imply that you are not on top of things here. Not for a minute. I just remember how uncomfortable I was not too long ago watching the disruption that was taking place here. I was starting to feel like I do when I visit the forum that has as a member the bald headed Lex Luthor looking character who says he rolls on the floor laughing all the time but has a foul, nasty disposition. The tension was so great here you could cut it with a knife. You dealt with those agitants skillfully and professionally. Much better than I would have.
 
The opinions I expressed on forum control and trolls are just that, opinions. Sometimes you just want to say what you want to say and get it off your chest and I did. And I've said all I'll say about it.
 
This is a great forum! High caliber, competent members! Non-intimidating environment. In a way, I have no business being here because who the hell am I? You guys forgot more about the JFK assassination than I'll probably ever know. But I have eyes and a brain and if I see things or have insights, I like to be able to speak up. You make it easy to do that Greg, and I thank you.

Stan Dane

Posts : 2331
Join date : 2013-09-03
Age : 63

View user profile https://prayermanleeharveyoswald.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Life Observation

Post by greg parker on Wed 20 Nov 2013, 12:30 pm

Stan Dane wrote:
greg parker wrote:I completely understand where you're coming from, Stan.

The demon I wrestle with is where the line is drawn. Where exactly is the line between banning trolls and banning someone just because you don't like them, or because you disagree with them? 

Even if you get it right at the beginning, you always have to stay vigilant that you're not consciously or subconsciously shifting the goalposts or thresholds in order to remove thorns that are otherwise perfectly acceptable non-trolls.

I don't want to copy the DPF model, or the ed forum model of how posters are accepted in the first place - and what they have to do (or not do) to remain acceptable members. 

Let's just give the current system a chance and see how it goes. There is now a clear-cut message regarding the type of posters we want, and those who join and don't adhere to the spirit if it, have no right to expect to remain a member.
I hear you Greg and I don't want to imply that you are not on top of things here. Not for a minute. I just remember how uncomfortable I was not too long ago watching the disruption that was taking place here. I was starting to feel like I do when I visit the forum that has as a member the bald headed Lex Luthor looking character who says he rolls on the floor laughing all the time but has a foul, nasty disposition. The tension was so great here you could cut it with a knife. You dealt with those agitants skillfully and professionally. Much better than I would have.
 
The opinions I expressed on forum control and trolls are just that, opinions. Sometimes you just want to say what you want to say and get it off your chest and I did. And I've said all I'll say about it.
 
This is a great forum! High caliber, competent members! Non-intimidating environment. In a way, I have no business being here because who the hell am I? You guys forgot more about the JFK assassination than I'll probably ever know. But I have eyes and a brain and if I see things or have insights, I like to be able to speak up. You make it easy to do that Greg, and I thank you.
Stan, I have holes all over the place in my knowledge of this case.

But as El Cohen sez... "that's how the light gets in..."

I for one, am very happy to have you hear as a contributor.

_________________
Mixing Pop and Politics he asks me what the use is
I offer him embarrassment and my usual excuses
While looking down the corridor
Out to where the van is waiting
I'm looking for the Great Leap Forward

            Billy Bragg
-----------------------------
 Australians don't mind criminals: It's successful bullshit artists we despise. 
             Lachie Hulme            
-----------------------------
The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

greg parker
Admin

Posts : 3450
Join date : 2009-08-21
Age : 58
Location : Orange, NSW, Australia

View user profile http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Back to top Go down

Re: Life Observation

Post by Stan Dane on Thu 21 Nov 2013, 4:18 am

greg parker wrote:Stan, I have holes all over the place in my knowledge of this case.

But as El Cohen sez... "that's how the light gets in..."

I for one, am very happy to have you hear as a contributor.
If holes let the light in, I'm a brightly illuminated fellow!

Stan Dane

Posts : 2331
Join date : 2013-09-03
Age : 63

View user profile https://prayermanleeharveyoswald.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Life Observation

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:57 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum