REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ROKC IS NOW CLOSED AND IS READ ONLY. WE THANK THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US OVER THE LAST 14 YEARS.

Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
Brian says...Sat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 pmEd.Ledoux
last drinks before the bar closesSat 30 Dec 2023, 2:46 pmTony Krome
The Mystery of Dirk Thomas KunertSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:23 pmTony Krome
Vickie AdamsSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:14 pmgreg_parker
Busted again: Tex ItaliaSat 30 Dec 2023, 9:22 amEd.Ledoux
The Raleigh CallSat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 ambarto
Was Oswald ever confronted with the physical rifle?Sat 30 Dec 2023, 12:03 amCastroSimp
Who Dat? Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:24 pmTony Krome
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
Keywords

David  Lankford  tippit  3a  4  2  Floor  Darnell  +Lankford  Weigman  Theory  Lifton  11  zapruder  hosty  beckley  doyle  paine  fritz  frazier  Humor  3  prayer  tsbd  Mason  9  

Like/Tweet/+1

Go down
James DiEugenio

DIEUGENIO - The State of the Case today:  By Jim DiEugenio Empty The State of the Case today: By Jim DiEugenio

Sat 04 Jan 2014, 4:45 pm
http://www.ctka.net/2014/state_of_case.html

Someone had to call out that crazy outburst  of schizophrenia at the 50th by the MSM.

So I did.

GIve John Kelin credit for suggesting this one.
Goban_Saor

DIEUGENIO - The State of the Case today:  By Jim DiEugenio Empty Re: The State of the Case today: By Jim DiEugenio

Sat 04 Jan 2014, 10:25 pm
Thanks for that overview, James. The denial of the truth about the JFK assassination by the mainstream media is indeed symptomatic of the malaise in the Fourth Estate generally, a supposed pillar of democracy.

We are all suffering the effects of that malaise, not only in the US but also here in the vassal states of the Empire.

The truth. No; by nature man is more afraid of the truth than of death...For man is a social animal – only in the herd is he happy. It is all one to him whether it is the profoundest nonsense or the greatest villainy – he feels completely at ease with it, so long as it is the view of the herd, or the action of the herd, and he is able to join the herd. (Soren Kierkegaard)

So let us not talk falsely now. The hour is getting late. (Bob Dylan)
James DiEugenio

DIEUGENIO - The State of the Case today:  By Jim DiEugenio Empty Re: The State of the Case today: By Jim DiEugenio

Sun 05 Jan 2014, 2:45 am
It was really something to see in the mother country though.

In its near completeness, it was almost like Wilhelm Reich's Mass Psychology of Fascism.

If it were not for Oliver Stone and Jesse Ventura, I think the other side might have pitched a shutout.
Hasan Yusuf
Hasan Yusuf
http://jfkthelonegunmanmyth.blogspot.com.au/

Sun 05 Jan 2014, 7:01 am
Great job on the article, Jim.

Sun 05 Jan 2014, 8:57 am
Good Article Mr. D. It truly is disheartening to see the blindness the Media has exhibited regarding this case.

Sun 05 Jan 2014, 11:57 am
No one seems to care anymore Jim. It has been 50 years and whilst not all has been exactly forgiven, it always ran the risk that it would be forgotten. That is what is happening and that is why lone nut advocates reveled in and even rejoiced the 50th. It was almost a celebration for them.
I hope people such as yourself keep plugging along Jim. It needs to be clear that the WC findings were a farce.
Colin_Crow
Colin_Crow

Sun 05 Jan 2014, 12:25 pm
DIEUGENIO - The State of the Case today:  By Jim DiEugenio 721380319f22f1f492088ba4d10426f6_zpsed80fc7e

It's news Jim, but not as we know it.
James DiEugenio

Tue 07 Jan 2014, 8:57 am
M article seems to be raising a fuss at JFK Facts.

Also, I think OP Ed news is going to adapt it in abridged form also.
Albert Rossi
Albert Rossi

Tue 07 Jan 2014, 10:35 am
So Jim, care to comment on Jeff's points?

Such epithets scant the very interesting discoveries in Shenon’s reporting, including:

that a Warren Commission staffer met secretly with Fidel Castro;  that a State Department official who sought a real investigation of Oswald activities in Mexico City was hounded out of the Foreign Service and into suicide. and that James Angleton threatened Warren Commission staffer David Slawson after Slawson complained about CIA’s withholding of information about Oswald. These stories are significant.

I would personally hardly think these three items merit a revision of your critique (though I have not read the book).  But I'd be interested to hear your reaction.

The last point, of course, is hardly surprising to me.
James DiEugenio

Tue 07 Jan 2014, 10:47 am
This is a grand total of three points in a 550 page book.

And the middle one is very debatable as to the way he phrases it and the way Shenon uses it.

THe review in Salon brought up the other two points.  

Now, my review was something like 25 pages long.  And I brought up all the many problems with the book, which are plentiful.  The worst being that Shenon's book gets almost ridiculous and into the high camp at the end, where he deliberately misrepresents the evidence to advance his Castro did it plot.  And also his omissions with the evidence in order to revive the Single Bullet Theory. 

Morley objected to the Castro did it scenario in Latell's book.  Why not here?

My Shenon review is the number one essay at CTKA right now.  And it has been ever since it went up.  So some people appreciate the exposure of a black propaganda book.  Because today, any book that says Oswald killed  Kennedy for Castro has to be called that.
Albert Rossi
Albert Rossi

Tue 07 Jan 2014, 10:52 am
James DiEugenio wrote:This is a grand total of three points in a 550 page book.

And the middle one is very debatable as to the way he phrases it and the way Shenon uses it.

THe review in Salon brought up the other two points.  

Now, my review was something like 25 pages long.  And I brought up all the many problems with the book, which are plentiful.  The worst being that Shenon's book gets almost ridiculous and into the high camp at the end, where he deliberately misrepresents the evidence to advance his Castro did it plot.  And also his omissions with the evidence in order to revive the Single Bullet Theory. 

Morley objected to the Castro did it scenario in Latell's book.  Why not here?

My Shenon review is the number one essay at CTKA right now.  And it has been ever since it went up.  So some people appreciate the exposure of a black propaganda book.  Because today, any book that says Oswald killed  Kennedy for Castro has to be called that.

Thanks, Jim.  So basically this is one journalist defending a fellow journalist.
James DiEugenio

Tue 07 Jan 2014, 11:08 am
I wouldn't call Shenon a journalist.

In one interview, he actually said that the assassination was easily preventable.  Mainly due to what Oswald was up to in Mexico City.

Now, if you use almost nothing from the Lopez Report in order to construct what Oswald was allegedly doing there, and you ignore the fact that the HSCA was going to issue three indictments for perjury about Mexico City--two for Phillips, one for Goodpasture--then, yep, you can say that.

But that is not journalism.  Because you are leaving out all the crucial information in the Lopez Report.  Which is unconscionable today.

BTW, here is the link to my Mexico City and Chicago stuff that was cut from Reclaiming Parkland.

http://feralhouse.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Oswald-in-Mexico-_-excised-from-Reclaiming-Parkland.pdf 

Recall, this is just one chapter, but you will not see anything from this chapter in Shenon's book.  But yet this material strikes at the heart of the matter today.  First, why did the failed Chicago Plot closely resemble the successful Dallas plot. Second, was Oswald in Mexico City, and did he do the things the CIA says he did there?  If he did, then why did Goodpasture and Phillips lie and leave themselves open for prosecution?
Albert Rossi
Albert Rossi

Tue 07 Jan 2014, 11:20 am
James DiEugenio wrote:I wouldn't call Shenon a journalist.

In one interview, he actually said that the assassination was easily preventable.  Mainly due to what Oswald was up to in Mexico City. Rolling Eyes  UFFA!, as they say in my family's dialect.

Now, if you use almost nothing from the Lopez Report in order to construct what Oswald was allegedly doing there, and you ignore the fact that the HSCA was going to issue three indictments for perjury about Mexico City--two for Phillips, one for Goodpasture--then, yep, you can say that.

But that is not journalism.  Because you are leaving out all the crucial information in the Lopez Report.  Which is unconscionable today.

Judging from journalism as we know it today, perhaps you are setting the bar too high, Jim?  There are hosts of hacks in the media who are journalists in name only.  In fact, it seems to me more the norm than the exception.
James DiEugenio

Tue 07 Jan 2014, 11:23 am
Well, that may be true.

And we saw that in excelsis at the fiftieth.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum