REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ROKC IS NOW CLOSED AND IS READ ONLY. WE THANK THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US OVER THE LAST 14 YEARS.

Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
Brian says...Sat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 pmEd.Ledoux
last drinks before the bar closesSat 30 Dec 2023, 2:46 pmTony Krome
The Mystery of Dirk Thomas KunertSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:23 pmTony Krome
Vickie AdamsSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:14 pmgreg_parker
Busted again: Tex ItaliaSat 30 Dec 2023, 9:22 amEd.Ledoux
The Raleigh CallSat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 ambarto
Was Oswald ever confronted with the physical rifle?Sat 30 Dec 2023, 12:03 amCastroSimp
Who Dat? Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:24 pmTony Krome
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
Keywords

3  Floor  paine  hosty  Lifton  11  Humor  fritz  zapruder  Theory  prayer  4  tsbd  tippit  Mason  beckley  frazier  doyle  3a  +Lankford  9  Weigman  Darnell  David  Lankford  2  

Like/Tweet/+1

Go down
Albert Rossi
Albert Rossi

A Program on the Garrison Investigation Empty A Program on the Garrison Investigation

Thu 16 Jan 2014, 3:00 pm
I received this announcement via email today:

Free LIVE Webcast from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas………for those of you that can’t be at the event.

The 7 p.m. PST event is free and open to the public. Among those helping to get the word out about the UNLV event is comedian and JFK researcher Richard Belzer.   John Barbour will screen his new Garrison Film, and Richard Belzer author of  “ Hit List: An In-Depth Investigation into the Mysterious Deaths of Witnesses to the JFK Assassination “   will assist with the promotion of the LIVE event.

http://unlvtv.univ.edu/live.htm

or

http://tinyurl.com/msvd428

7pm Pacific Standard Time

The 50th anniversary of John Kennedy’s assassination has come and gone, but the major questions remain. On January 31 at UNLV’s Greenspun Auditorium, a panel including some of the world’s best known and most credible assassination researchers will participate in a live, world-wide webcast about JFK, in particular, the investigation launched by former New Orleans DA Jim Garrison. Longtime TV host and producer John Barbour will screen his groundbreaking film about Garrison, and the panelists will take questions from the audience. The onstage guests will include author Jim Marrs, whose book about the JFK plot, “Crossfire: The Plot That Killed Kennedy”  was one of the inspirations for the Oliver Stone film, longtime assassination researcher and author Dick Russell, author of “They Killed Our President: 63 Reasons to Believe There Was a Conspiracy to As “ and historian-author Joan Mellen, author of ”  A Farewell to Justice: Jim Garrison, JFK's Assassination, and the Case That Should Have Changed History   Barbour says the panelists will tell what they know about Garrison’s investigation which constitutes “the greatest true story never told”.

My question is:  is Jim Di Eugenio also going to be on? 
Martin Hay
Martin Hay

A Program on the Garrison Investigation Empty Re: A Program on the Garrison Investigation

Fri 17 Jan 2014, 1:41 am
I certainly wish I could go.

I'm thinking the John Barbour documentary is The Garrison Tapes from the early 90s?

I've not heard anything about his making a second film.

Jim Marrs seems like kind of an odd choice. There's very little about Garrison's investigation in Crossfire.
Albert Rossi
Albert Rossi

A Program on the Garrison Investigation Empty Re: A Program on the Garrison Investigation

Fri 17 Jan 2014, 1:49 am
I imagine you're correct, Martin, about the Barbour documentary, even though the lead states "new film".  I was unaware he had made another.

I just think Jim's name is egregiously absent here. It doesn't make too much sense, as you state, to substitute Jim Marrs for him, given that Marrs has spent much less time in that area.  I was just wondering if Jim Di was even invited.
James DiEugenio

Fri 17 Jan 2014, 6:19 pm
I was not.  

I did not even know about it until John Armstrong told me about it a few days ago.

And the thing is, since I am in LA, it was a cheaper plane ride for me.

The only thing I can think of is that Jim Marrs has bigger name than me with the general public.
beowulf

Sat 18 Jan 2014, 2:58 am
I've heard Barbour talk about it on the radio, it sounds like he's friends with Marrs, who volunteered to show up. 
Interestingly enough, Barbour says he had Robert Kennedy Jr. booked to speak at the event but Kennedy backed out when his speaking agent told him, if he spoke about the assassinations no one would ever book him for anything else.
Hasan Yusuf
Hasan Yusuf
http://jfkthelonegunmanmyth.blogspot.com.au/

Sun 19 Jan 2014, 12:39 am
James DiEugenio wrote:The only thing I can think of is that Jim Marrs has bigger name than me with the general public.

I think that's bull crap, Jim. You are one person who SHOULD have been invited.
Albert Rossi
Albert Rossi

Sun 19 Jan 2014, 1:42 am
I listened to Len Osanic's interview of Barbour (which beowulf might be referring to as well).  It seems John really was not familiar with Destiny Betrayed, because he actually said Richard Belzer told him he needed to read it.  

Another interesting thing he said was that he wanted to get the film shown at the Pittsburgh conference but was evidently refused.  He didn't elaborate on why, though.
Martin Hay
Martin Hay

Sun 19 Jan 2014, 3:18 am
Albert Rossi wrote:I listened to Len Osanic's interview of Barbour (which beowulf might be referring to as well).  It seems John really was not familiar with Destiny Betrayed, because he actually said Richard Belzer told him he needed to read it.  

Another interesting thing he said was that he wanted to get the film shown at the Pittsburgh conference but was evidently refused.  He didn't elaborate on why, though.

I heard him say something similar in another interview but he did give a reason. He apparently was told by the organizers that they would have liked to have shown his film but the program was already full.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum