» JFK Assassination
Yesterday at 7:15 am by jack ferguson

» Lifton on his "new evidence"
Yesterday at 4:47 am by steely dan

» friends student exchange programs
Wed 07 Dec 2016, 12:01 pm by greg parker

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Furl  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Affiliates
free forum

mal couch

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: mal couch

Post by dwdunn(akaDan) on Fri 07 Feb 2014, 11:21 am

greg parker wrote:
One of the important outcomes of the War of June 1967 for evangelical Christians expecting the second coming of Jesus has been the Israeli take-over of the territory on which the Temple could be rebuilt and the priestly sacrificial rituals reinstated. The prospect of building the Temple excited premillennialist Christians as a meaningful act standing between this era and the next.

Couch is cited as an example of the above.
http://lisa.revues.org/4165

Can I ask if "priestly sacrificial rituals" might include beheadings?
The reference is to Temple sacrifice rituals being reinstated once the Temple would be rebuilt. Can't recall specifics other than livestock (particularly lambs) being ritually slaughtered and then burnt in fire -- the sacrifice of "burnt offerings"; and also there were offerings of grains, fruits, etc. The rituals wouldn't have included decapitation, other than lambs getting their throats cut, that kind of thing. Once the Romans destroyed the Jewish temple circa 70 AD, sacrificial rituals ended and Judaism developed along the lines of the Pharisees towards modern rabbinical Judaism.

The Six Day War was, as you've noted, very important for Bible prophecy believers, as "little Israel" secured such an overwhelming victory in such a short amount of time that it was considered nigh miraculous; and meant that now that Jerusalem was under Israeli control, the Temple could be rebuilt (yet another sign of the end, though the darned Dome of the Rock still stands in the way).

dwdunn(akaDan)

View user profile http://xefdisposable.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Albert Rossi on Fri 07 Feb 2014, 11:50 am

The only beheadings in OT/NT I can think of are Goliath by David, Holofernes by Judith, and John by Herod's executioners (1 Samuel 17: 51, Judith 13: 8, Mark 6:27, Matthew 14: 10-11).  The sacrifice of animals I believe required the jugular, carotid and trachea to be slit in one stroke (if it resembled the kosher laws of Deuteronomy [12?]), and that is usually the way Abraham's attempted sacrifice of Isaac is portrayed, if I'm not mistaken.

Albert Rossi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Albert Rossi on Fri 07 Feb 2014, 11:51 am

dwdunn(akaDan) wrote:
Albert Rossi wrote:Just a footnote to "This didn't start with Martin Luther, as there were schismatic sects and individuals making the accusation prior to his time."
I know Al, I was just being stupid. I appreciated your contribution, thanks.

I kind of figured you were teasing me ... but I wasn't quite sure  Wink

Albert Rossi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 09 Feb 2014, 10:50 am

The Inquisition, the Children's Crusade , the Salem Witch trials , genital mutilation, the Mountain Meadows Massacre, Islamic terrorism, the genocide of many indigenous peoples worldwide all in the name of a deity. It is possible that some extremist elements of the either the Far Right or Left were involved and they definitively possessed motivations. However, what we can be sure of is Good people undertake good acts. Evil people undertake evil acts. Yet to make a good person to do evil requires religion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Albert Rossi on Sun 09 Feb 2014, 10:53 am

Or, in the famous maxim of Voltaire: “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”

Albert Rossi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankie Vegas on Fri 14 Feb 2014, 10:55 am

My two cents about the pool of blood, no doubt not helpful to this convo much - but here it is anyway.
I've also heard this pool of blood story, from what I can recall it was a big pool of blood, behind the TSBD and was related to the story of the supposed SS agent that was also killed. I can't remember where I read it but I will scan my books and stuff and see if I can find it.

Frankie Vegas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Albert Rossi on Fri 14 Feb 2014, 10:59 am

That connections sounds familiar to me, too, Frankie.

Albert Rossi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:58 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top