» Send Lawyers Guns & Money Pt1
Thu 08 Dec 2016, 11:58 am by barto

» JFK Assassination
Thu 08 Dec 2016, 7:15 am by jack ferguson

» Lifton on his "new evidence"
Thu 08 Dec 2016, 4:47 am by steely dan

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Furl  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Affiliates
free forum

Kennedy's Legacy

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Kennedy's Legacy

Post by Albert Rossi on Sun 13 Apr 2014, 11:15 am

Greg:  indeed.

Dan: I'll spare you the emoticon.  What you say about JFK & the UN rings true; he in fact thought it important enough to address the UN twice concerning Congo in order to keep the UN forces there.  Those (like the John Birchers) who yell the loudest about the UN are all too ready to use the UN as cover when it suits them. As for Galbraith, when I was a freshman in high school I read The Affluent Society, which colored my economic thinking profoundly.

Albert Rossi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kennedy's Legacy

Post by Terry W. Martin on Sun 13 Apr 2014, 9:27 pm

greg parker wrote:Jack Ruby: "a whole new form of government is going to take over our country, and I know I won't live to see you another time."

The Oxnard Caller: "the [current form of] Government is going up in flames."

The Oxnard Caller: "The [new style] Government takes over everything lock, stock and barrel.”

Corporate Fascism.

Yes, corporate fascism. Every president has seemed to bend over backward to give the Big Boys the things they want. They also have done provocative actions that promote terror - that familiar mainstay of politics as we know it today. The Cold War was the terrorism of yesterday and now we have the Muslim extremists to worry about. That or the gay people who want to marry.

Terror keeps the populous anxious, and anxiety leads to a lot of fun things like selling your freedoms. Yes, to those same Big Boys of Business.

Kennedy, however, was a bit different as a President. He said Let's defuse the Cold War, let's find a way to live in peace. He took on the steel industry as well as his own joint chiefs of staff. He created the Peace Corps, the Alliance for Progress, the Presidents Council of Physical Fitness for schools (I even won one of his badges when in school).

He embodied HOPE in a world where most of our presidents in the past two centuries have only given us FEAR.

That was his greatness.

Terry W. Martin

View user profile http://martianpublishing.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top