REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ROKC IS NOW CLOSED AND IS READ ONLY. WE THANK THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US OVER THE LAST 14 YEARS.

Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
Brian says...Sat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 pmEd.Ledoux
last drinks before the bar closesSat 30 Dec 2023, 2:46 pmTony Krome
The Mystery of Dirk Thomas KunertSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:23 pmTony Krome
Vickie AdamsSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:14 pmgreg_parker
Busted again: Tex ItaliaSat 30 Dec 2023, 9:22 amEd.Ledoux
The Raleigh CallSat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 ambarto
Was Oswald ever confronted with the physical rifle?Sat 30 Dec 2023, 12:03 amCastroSimp
Who Dat? Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:24 pmTony Krome
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
Keywords

+Lankford  Darnell  2  paine  doyle  zapruder  fritz  Theory  9  Humor  beckley  prayer  Lankford  frazier  4  11  hosty  Floor  tsbd  Weigman  3  3a  tippit  David  Lifton  Mason  

Like/Tweet/+1

Go down
Frankie Vegas
Frankie Vegas

On Trial: Lee Harvey Oswald. Empty On Trial: Lee Harvey Oswald.

Tue 19 Oct 2010, 5:17 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNHsNqndu5M

I thought of many critisisims as I watched this mockery of a trial recently but the one that winds me up the most, (and since I can't comment on the actual video, thanks DVP), I thought I would mention it here.

Mr Bugliousi asks Mr Delgado if Lee was a supporter of Fidel Castro. Mr Delgado replies that yes he was, infact they both were. Mr Bugliousi thanks Mr Delgado and asks no further questions about it, therefore making Lee look like a communist sympathiser. In fact in 1959 most Americans supported Castro and he had not yet come out fully as a communist himself.

I think this is unfair and quite typical of the mock trial as a whole.

#Oswaldgeneral #OswaldMarines
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin
http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

On Trial: Lee Harvey Oswald. Empty Re: On Trial: Lee Harvey Oswald.

Tue 19 Oct 2010, 6:58 pm
Frankie Vegas wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNHsNqndu5M

I thought of many critisisims as I watched this mockery of a trial recently but the one that winds me up the most, (and since I can't comment on the actual video, thanks DVP), I thought I would mention it here.

Mr Bugliousi asks Mr Delgado if Lee was a supporter of Fidel Castro. Mr Delgado replies that yes he was, infact they both were. Mr Bugliousi thanks Mr Delgado and asks no further questions about it, therefore making Lee look like a communist sympathiser. In fact in 1959 most Americans supported Castro and he had not yet come out fully as a communist himself.

I think this is unfair and quite typical of the mock trial as a whole.

From Delgado's testimony:

Mr. DELGADO - We had quite many discussions regarding Castro. At the time I was in favor of Castro, I wholeheartedly supported him, and made it known that I thought he was a pretty good fellow, and that was one of the main things Oswald and I always hit off so well, we were along the same lines of thought. Castro at the time showed all possibilities of being a freedom-loving man, a democratic sort of person, that was going to do away with all tyranny and finally give the Cuban people a break. But then he turned around and started to purge the Russian purge, started executing all these pro-Batistas or anybody associated with a pro-Batista, just word of mouth. I would say he is a Batista, and right away they would grab him, give him a kangaroo court and shoot him. He and I had discussed about that, and right and wrong way that he should have gone about doing it.

Haven't seen the "trial" but Buglioso was just being what he is: a prosecutor. The blame should probably lie with Gerry Spence for not bringing out the truth in cross examination (did he even cross examine him? Please tell me he did!)
Frankie Vegas
Frankie Vegas

Sun 24 Oct 2010, 1:38 pm
Gerry Spence did cross examine, not well, but he did.

I wasn't going to watch it either but cut my leg badly and had to sit around for a while withit above hip hight...

The closing arguments were probably the worst part.

Thu 28 Oct 2010, 12:05 am
Delgado was a living witness to evidence that Lee Harvey Oswald had a double- the "Harvey and Lee" information was still 20 years away, though.

But firstly, Spence should have known this piece of Delgado's testimony: "...he always got a Russian newspaper, and I asked him if it was, you know, a Commie paper... and he said, 'No, it's not Communist. It's White Russian'."

White Russians (Belorussia), near the Polish border, were fervent patriots of the old Czarist government and intensely antiCommunistic- they constituted the greater percentage of foreign recruits into Nazi Reinhard Gehlen's Solidarist behind-the-lines spy & sabotage network during WWII.

Bugliosi knew about this piece of Delgado's testimony, but painted a completely opposite portrayal of Oswald.

Delgado took a 4-week Christmas leave beginning December 27, 1958. His USMC records show that he returned on January 23, 1959.

"When I got back he was the first one to see me," he testified, adding that Oswald had joked about him having spent his vacation down in Cuba helping Castro's revolution. Delgado was also surprised to see that Oswald was now living in his quonset hut, #34.

USMC records for "Lee Harvey Oswald", however, indicate that "Oswald" had been flown down to Vincent AFB in Yuma, Arizona on January 19, 1959- and that he didn't fly back to Santa Ana until January 26, 1959.

"Oswald" arrived back 3 days after Delgado had returned.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum