» "We Know the Truth..."
Yesterday at 4:06 pm by steely dan

» Oswald, Fred Korth, and the ONI
Yesterday at 3:59 pm by Hasan Yusuf

» Shirley Temple is Prayer Man According to Duncan McRae
Yesterday at 6:21 am by barto

» ROKC Lampoon
Thu 27 Oct 2016, 6:38 pm by steely dan

» Kissinger hindered US effort to end mass killings in Argentina according to files
Wed 26 Oct 2016, 11:52 pm by Goban Saor

» FBI agent Robert P. Gemberling
Tue 25 Oct 2016, 12:51 am by Hasan Yusuf

» JFK Conference
Mon 24 Oct 2016, 10:48 pm by barto

» How did a Monty Python sketch get into the archives?
Sun 23 Oct 2016, 12:06 pm by steely dan

» William Shelley- Betrayal and Perjury
Sat 22 Oct 2016, 12:27 pm by Paul Francisco Paso

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Furl  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

free forum

I Am A Pilot

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I Am A Pilot

Post by Stan Dane on Sun 06 Jul 2014, 8:04 pm

If you can remember the late 1960s and lived in the US, you probably remember The Smothers Brothers. When you see them today, it's hard to imagine they were once so controversial. Wikipedia says:   
"The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour, became one of the most controversial American TV programs of the Vietnam War era. Despite popular success, the brothers' penchant for material that was critical of the political mainstream and sympathetic to the emerging counterculture led to their firing by the CBS network in 1969. One show was left unaired."
They featured guests such as George Harrison, Buffalo Springfield, Cream, The Doors, Peter, Paul and Mary, Steppenwolf, The Who, Simon and Garfunkel, Ray Charles, Pete Seeger. It was a must-see show. Then, right at their of popularity, the show was cancelled. The powers that be couldn't handle their political satire. So they were censored.
Here's a fun little clip. Enjoy! 

Stan Dane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top