REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ROKC IS NOW CLOSED AND IS READ ONLY. WE THANK THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US OVER THE LAST 14 YEARS.

Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Similar topics
Latest topics
Brian says...Sat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 pmEd.Ledoux
last drinks before the bar closesSat 30 Dec 2023, 2:46 pmTony Krome
The Mystery of Dirk Thomas KunertSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:23 pmTony Krome
Vickie AdamsSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:14 pmgreg_parker
Busted again: Tex ItaliaSat 30 Dec 2023, 9:22 amEd.Ledoux
The Raleigh CallSat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 ambarto
Was Oswald ever confronted with the physical rifle?Sat 30 Dec 2023, 12:03 amCastroSimp
Who Dat? Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:24 pmTony Krome
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
Keywords

Floor  David  11  frazier  Mason  Lankford  4  2  +Lankford  beckley  prayer  Weigman  Theory  zapruder  9  doyle  tippit  3  tsbd  Lifton  paine  Darnell  Humor  3a  hosty  fritz  

Like/Tweet/+1

Go down
Mick_Purdy
Mick_Purdy

Caster and the two rifles. - Page 2 Empty Caster and the two rifles.

Mon 20 Mar 2017, 1:51 pm
First topic message reminder :

On the 20th November Warren Caster brought 2 rifles into the TSBD at around lunchtime. He has stated he had brought them into the building to show them to Roy Truly. He has also stated that the two rifles spent the rest of the day in his office until he took them home at the end of his working day.

Caster WC testimony:

Mr. BALL. Are you with some company? 
Mr. CASTER. Yes; I am assistant manager for Southwestern Publishing Co. with offices at 411 Elm Street. 
Mr. BALL. You have offices in the Texas School Book Depository Building? 
Mr. CASTER. Yes. 
Mr. BALL. You rent those offices from the Texas School Book Depository? 
Mr. CASTER. The offices are furnished in connection with our work with the Depository. 
Mr. BALL. Will you tell me something about yourself, where you were born and where you were raised and educated? 
Mr. CASTER. Yes; I was born in New Mexico, educated in New Mexico, received my college degrees at New Mexico Highlands University at Las Vegas, N. Mex. I taught school in New Mexico from 1939 until I started to work with Southwestern Publishing Co. in 1952. There was a period of about 2 years that I spent in the U.S. Navy. 
Mr. BALL. And have you had your offices since 1952 in the Texas School Book Depository Building? 
Mr. CASTER. The offices have been in the Texas School Book Depository Building, but not in this particular building here. We have occupied three places since I have been with the Southwestern Publishing Co. 
Mr. BALL. Your office is on which floor? 
Mr. CASTER. Second floor. 
Mr. BALL. Did you ever bring any guns into the School Book Depository Building? 
Mr. CASTER. Yes; I did. 
Mr. BALL. When? 
Mr. CASTER. I believe it was on Wednesday, November 20, during the noon hour. 
Mr. BALL. Whose guns were they? 
Mr. CASTER. They were my guns. 
Mr. BALL. And what kind of guns were they? 
Mr. CASTER. One gun was a Remington, single-shot, .22 rifle, and the other was a .30-06 sporterized Mauser. 
Mr. BALL. Who owned them? 
Mr. CASTER. I had just purchased them during the noon hour that day. 
Mr. BALL. Well, tell us about it---what were the circumstances of the purchase? 
Mr. CASTER. Well, I left the Depository during the noon hour and had lunch and, while out for the lunch hour, I stopped by Sanger-Harris sporting goods department to look for a rifle for my son's birthday---I beg your pardon, Christmas present--son's Christmas present, and while I was there I purchased the single-shot .22--single shot--and at the same time was looking at some deer rifles. I had, oh, for several years been thinking about buying a deer rifle and they happened to have one that I liked and I purchased the .30-06 while I was there. 
Mr. BALL. And did they box them up? 
Mr. CASTER. They were in cartons; yes. 
Mr. BALL. And then you went back to work, I guess? 
Mr. CASTER. Yes; I picked both rifles up in cartons just like they were, this was during the noon hour, and as I entered the Texas School Book Depository Building on my way up to the buying office, I stopped by Mr. Truly's office, and while I was there we examined the two rifles that I had purchased. 
Mr. BALL. Did you take them out of the carton? 
Mr. CASTER. Yes; I did. 
Mr. BALL. Who was there besides you and Mr. Truly?

Mr. CASTER. Well, I'm not really sure who was there. I think you were there, Bill, and Mr. Shelley was there---and Mr. Roy Truly. The only people that I know about, in any event, were there; there were workers there at the time, but I'm not quite sure how many. I couldn't even tell you their names. I don't know the Texas School Book Depository workers there in the shipping department.

Caster according to his 1964 WC testimony seemed not to know who the employees were who worked in the shipping area of the TSBD.

By 1995 however that had changed significantly:

Interview with Rick Caster (No relation) published 1995
[url=http://dealeyplazauk.org.uk/pdfArticles/Meeting Warren Caster.pdf]http://dealeyplazauk.org.uk/pdfArticles/Meeting%20Warren%20Caster.pdf[/url]

It soon became apparent that a suspect had been arrested and
He was named as Lee Harvey Oswald. Warren knew him and he told
me: “I used to see him frequently, eating his lunch in the
lunchroom, but he was a weird sort of guy and he kept himself to
himself.” (The second floor lunchroom was close to Warren’s office.)
The last time Warren could recall having seen Oswald was two
days before when Oswald had been one of that small group of
TSBD employees who were examining Warren’s two newly purchased rifles before returning to work after their lunch break.

And this:

One important question which I almost forgot to ask Warren was
who he thought had killed the President that day. Warren replied
in a very positive tone: “To sum it all up, I think Lee Harvey
Oswald alone killed President Kennedy. Why? I just can’t
speculate except to say that he really was some kind of nut!”

Caster and the two rifles. - Page 2 Byp_211

greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin
http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Caster and the two rifles. - Page 2 Empty Re: Caster and the two rifles.

Fri 26 Mar 2021, 7:48 pm
Going from memory here, but I think it came from an unnamed witness who reported something along the lines of shots coming from the second floor FROM THE TOP - but when it was broadcast over police radio, they mistakenly said "second floor".

The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

https://gregrparker.com
Greg_Doudna

Sat 27 Mar 2021, 5:32 pm
Thanks Greg. I see that now. Victoria Adams' WC testimony refers to that, corresponding to a 12:38 police broadcast.

Adams: "There was a motorcycle that was parked on the corner of Houston and Elm directly in front of the east end of the building, and I paused there to listen to the report on the police radio, and they said that shots had been fired which apparently came either from the second floor or the fourth floor window, and so I panicked, as I was at the only open window on the fourth floor."

(However the transcripts of the 12:38 police broadcast make no mention of fourth floor.)

Based on study of the TSBD floor plan for the second floor, I identify Warren Caster's office window as the fourth window from the right on the second floor, as one looks at the TSBD facing the front of the building. 

This James Murray photo taken at 12:42 pm, a few minutes after the shots, shows that window of Caster's office--which supposedly should be locked and not in use since Caster was in Denton that day--as apparently partly open (it is the far lower left window visible in this photo): https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ad/f2/9b/adf29b8dd4e97d0f73cb1159303dc20f.jpg

I don't know what to make of it, but this is an argument by a Tim Nicholson from trajectory analysis that a shot from the TSBD must have come from (Nicholson concludes) the fourth window from the right on the third floor, same window position but one floor above Caster's office window. It is an argument locating origin of a shot into the limousine very close to the Caster office window.  https://www.academia.edu/38392225/The_Mysterious_First_Shot_of_the_JFK_Assassination_Sept_2014_pdf

Victoria Adams, who watched the JFK limousine from an open window on the fourth floor of TSBD, reported hearing a shot sounding to her like it came from the TSBD from a window below her:

Adams: "It sounded like a firecracker or a cannon at a football game, it seemed as if it came from the right below rather than the left above. Possibly because of the report."

(Or was Adams' memory of the apparent source of the shot influenced subconsciously by her memory of hearing the police radio report of a shot from the second floor?)

Caster himself had an alibi which undoubtedly was truthful--he was in Denton that day. But there was a Mauser, seen and handled by Truly, seen (and offered to him to handle?) by Oswald (who declined to handle it?) at the time who was present, brought into the TSBD by Caster and taken by Caster into his office facing the parade route just two days before the JFK assassination. An unoccupied office would be an excellent place with privacy and undisturbed for a professional assassin to operate. The Warren Caster office opens very near to the stairway on the SE corner which goes down one floor directly to the front doorway exit fo the TSBD, an easy ability for someone to slip out unnoticed in the confusion following the assassination.

There was apparently a secretary in the Southwestern Publishing Company's public-access area next to Caster's private office--this would be the fifth window from the right on the second floor--who would have watched the motorcade through her window. Did she have a key or access to Caster's office next door? Was she ever interviewed and asked if she heard shots (probably yes) and where did they sound to her like they came from? She never was asked by any investigator or researcher to my knowledge.

Every item just mentioned has a reasonable innocent explanation. It is just that that Mauser entering the TSBD only two days before the assassination--the only time, according to Truly, he had ever seen a firearm enter the TSBD apart from police on Nov 22--that just catches the attention. Caster testified he took the Mauser home with him about 4 pm after work that day (Wednesday), and when Ian Griggs interviewed Caster years later Caster said the Mauser was still in the family's possession. Griggs vouched for Caster as seeming aboveboard and decent in Griggs' judgment. Caster's purchase of two rifles, a Mauser for himself for hunting and a .22 for his son for a gift, that day on his lunch hour involved specifics that were verifiable. But if one were writing a detective story, one could have a purchase of a Mauser; a substitution for a different Mauser in the package; entry into the TSBD and showing off the second Mauser explaining the hunting and gift etc. (establishing a normal everyday reason to take a Mauser to an office facing the parade route of a presidential motorcade two days later); take the second Mauser to the second-floor office; leave the office and exit the TSBD at 4 pm that day with only the .22, leaving the second Mauser behind in the office; take the .22 and the originally-purchased Mauser (stored in the car) home that night, and those two rifles, which were the two rifles purchased that day, remain in use by the family thereafter; be gone on Friday with an alibi; a Mauser is there and someone else uses that office. 

But there is nothing solid or tangible to the fictional detective-story scenario just described.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum