REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ROKC IS NOW CLOSED AND IS READ ONLY. WE THANK THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US OVER THE LAST 14 YEARS.

Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
Brian says...Sat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 pmEd.Ledoux
last drinks before the bar closesSat 30 Dec 2023, 2:46 pmTony Krome
The Mystery of Dirk Thomas KunertSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:23 pmTony Krome
Vickie AdamsSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:14 pmgreg_parker
Busted again: Tex ItaliaSat 30 Dec 2023, 9:22 amEd.Ledoux
The Raleigh CallSat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 ambarto
Was Oswald ever confronted with the physical rifle?Sat 30 Dec 2023, 12:03 amCastroSimp
Who Dat? Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:24 pmTony Krome
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
Keywords

beckley  frazier  +Lankford  4  Floor  Lifton  Lankford  3  zapruder  Darnell  2  paine  David  fritz  9  hosty  11  tippit  3a  doyle  Humor  Weigman  tsbd  Theory  Mason  prayer  

Like/Tweet/+1

Go down
Mick_Purdy
Mick_Purdy

theatre - Texas theatre bust. - Page 4 Empty Texas theatre bust.

Fri 14 Apr 2017, 11:35 am
First topic message reminder :

The Texas theatre is one of those pivotal moments we all remember about that Friday, when Oswald was arrested.

What really happended inside that darkened room? A simple bust or was there something much more sinister at hand.

And why was there a still photgrapher inside that building to capture the moment of the arrest? A tip off? By whom and why?

Gary Mack:

But there's another photograph that remains relevant and gripping five decades later, in a different way, and relatively few have seen it. The picture was taken by Dallas freelance photographer James "Jim" MacCammon barely 80 minutes after gunshots reverberated through Dealey Plaza. MacCammon photographed 24-year-old Oswald as he emerged from the Texas Theatre into the bright midday sun, sandwiched between Patrolman C.T. Walker and, still chewing his cigar, Detective Paul Bentley.

theatre - Texas theatre bust. - Page 4 Lb_mac10

Although MacCammon contacted news agencies, including LIFE, his remarkable photo went unpublished until TIME ran it three months later in February 1964. Internal records show that Time Inc. shared that picture and others MacCammon made with the FBI. Eventually, in late 1964, three MacCammon photographs appeared in volume 20 of the Warren Commission's documentation.

MacCammon, who died in 2005, captured a moment that says so much about the soon-to-be-accused assassin and why so many still do not believe Oswald was the sole killer of President Kennedy and the killer of Dallas Police officer J.D. Tippit.
As reported at the time, when police led him out of the theater, Oswald shouted: I protest this police brutality and I am not resisting arrest!
Oh? Moments earlier, as cops approached him, Oswald suddenly punched Officer Nick McDonald in the face, drew a revolver from his waistband and tried to shoot him. McDonald jammed his hand on the gun and prevented it from firing as other officers pummeled Oswald to the floor, sat him in a seat and cuffed him. 

(MacCammon took a picture of that moment, too, but the image is too dark to reveal much.) [Ed's note: The TIME-LIFE Picture Collection discovered several duplicate negatives in our search for MacCammon's photographs. We've reproduced one of them below.]

http://time.com/3804560/an-end-to-conspiracy-rare-photo-of-lee-harvey-oswalds-arrest-suggests-why-hes-guilty/

Why was  Mac Cammon inside the theatre as Oswald was arrested?  Who tipped him off about the impending arrest? Or was he ther by chance? 
Could there be other photos in his collection which are yet to be seen?

theatre - Texas theatre bust. - Page 4 Lb_arc10

theatre - Texas theatre bust. - Page 4 Byp_211

Mick_Purdy
Mick_Purdy

theatre - Texas theatre bust. - Page 4 Empty Re: Texas theatre bust.

Wed 26 Apr 2017, 12:44 pm
Vic Robertson:
Robertson immediately started running from the building out into the street toward Houston, Kennedy had already been taken to Hospital.

While at that location he along with fellow photographer (WFAA) Hugh Aynseworth heard on a police radio that officer Tippit had been shot in Oakcliff and they proceeded to Oakcliff.

When they arrived Tippit's body had already been removed from the vicinity of the shooting so they proceeded to the Texas theater in Oakcliff where Lee Harvey Oswald was apprehended by dallas policemen.

Mick_Purdy
Mick_Purdy

Wed 26 Apr 2017, 12:52 pm
Aynesworth Interview

Reiland drove the cruiser recklessly, making a lot of fast moves to pass other cars and barreling through intersections as fast as he could go, using an illegal flashing light accessory to warn other drivers. These details show how the three newsmen managed to reach the scene of the crime between 1:05 and 1:10.

Roberstson FBI report

When they arrived Tippit's body had already been removed from the vicinity of the shooting so they proceeded to the Texas theater in Oakcliff where Lee Harvey Oswald was apprehended by dallas policemen.

Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:41 pm
Mick Purdy wrote:theatre - Texas theatre bust. - Page 4 Tippit13

Theres that pesky 1.00pm timing again.
Nice work Mick!

12:32 + 37 minutes is 1:09pm.
But it wasn't 12:32 it was 12:30
so 1:07 based upon their timeline (adjusted)

The Dudley Hughes ambulance drivers said it took less than a minute to drive to the scene.
plus the 13 -3 minute trip = 1:17pm

Excuse me if there is a minute here or there misplaced, sure seems like 1:15 Tippit arrived, and was pronounced DOA.

Cheers, Ed
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin
http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Wed 26 Apr 2017, 3:57 pm
Looks pretty firm to me guys.

Back to James Markham for a moment.

We now have two witnesses to the Tippit murder close to James - his mother and a friend - both tried to avoid hanging around to speak to police.

There is also this curiosity from the FBI report dated 12/13/63:

SMITH advised that his reason for being in the area was that he was visiting a friend of his, one JIMMY BURT, who was living with his father-in-law, DAVID SCHAFFER at 505 East 10th Street. He said he thought JIMMY might have seem the shooting also but he wan not certain for he believed be had arrived at JIMMY'S house prior to the time of JIMMY'S arrival. He advised that JIMMY was AWOL from the Army Missile Base at Denton, Texas, at the time. He said that he believed JIMMY was awaiting discharge for being AWOL on a number of occasions. He believed that JIMMY was presently visiting his father, ROSS BURT somewhere in Louisiana, possibly Bellmont.
SMITH advised that he did not have any relatives in New Mexico and ANZAIWA, his brother-in-law, is originally from Refurgio (ph), Texas, near Corpus Christi. He said that he did not believe ANZALDUA had any relatives in New Mexico either.
The FBI didn't get to Burt for another 13 days and gives a completely different account:

He and a friend WILLIAM SMITH were sitting in his brother, BILLY BURT's house located at the corner of 9th and Denver Streets, Dallas. It was some time after lunch when they heard two gunshots. He and SMITH immediately ran from the house toward his car, a 1952 two—tone blue Ford which was parked facing south on Denver Street. As they ran from the house they heard four more shots making a total of six.
BURT Said he drove his car to the next intersection which is Denver and 10th Streets and turned west on 10th. He immediately saw a police car parked at the curb in the middle of the block. It was parked facing east on 10th Street. A police officer was lying on the street near the left front wheel. BURT later recognized him as being an officer who frequented that neighborhood. This particular officer was known by the name "Friendly" to the residents of that area.
BURT parked his car in front of the police car on the same side of the street with the front end facing the west. He and SMITH jumped out of the car and as they did so he looked west on 10th Street. At that moment he caught a glimpse of a man running on the sidewalk on the south side of the street. The man at this point had reached the intersection of 10th and Patton Streets. He described this man as a white male, approximately 5'8". He was wearing a light colored short jacket. BURT stated he could not describe the man further as he was never closer than 50 to 60 yards from the man. He said at one point he did notice the man had a pistol in his right hand. Although he is familiar with hand weapons he said that because of the distance he could not describe the pistol.
Smith was interviewed by the WC in April 64.  Burt was never interviewed by them.

Somehow by April, Smith now recalled that Burt was with him. He sticks to the address he gave the FBI, and again mentions no car ride. 

I know they can claim lying due to being on probation and being AWOL respectively, but when you add James and mother into the picture, I think there was another reason altogether for the lies.

Even someone not too bright would understand you can't bugger up your probation by being a witness to a crime. In fact, if your testimony helps the police case, you are likely to accrue some brownie points. As for being AWOL, how could being a witness here affect anything? He was apparently already being booted out of the army for it. 

James is looking pretty hot to trot right now.

The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

https://gregrparker.com
Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

Wed 26 Apr 2017, 4:12 pm
The witness Mrs. Wright whom called police said she called within seconds of the shooting (didn't wait a minute) and Dudley Hughes ambulance was dispatched within seconds of the call by police dispatcher.
Sounds like two minutes tops, or likely within the minute of the shooting.

In 1977, ambulance driver Clayton
Butler was interviewed by
investigators for the House Select
Committee on Assassinations. When
asked how long it took him to reach
the scene, he replied: "I was on the
scene one minute or less. From the
time we received the call in our
dispatch office until Officer Tippit was
pronounced dead at Methodist
Hospital was approximately four
minutes. " From the initial call at
1.18pm, that indicates the ambulance
arriving at the hospital at about
1.22pm.

Can anyone show me the Dudley Hughes time slip of 1:18, please post the slip, thx.

It seems 1:08 could be changed to 1:18
and they have Tippit DOA at 1:28 at Methodist hospital per police broadcast,,, which was more like 1:18 wink wink

This is not the exact timeline, just shows more discrepancies are brushed over.

Note: Odd how fast things need to happen before Tippit murder and then time runs like molasses after.

Cheers, Ed
Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

Wed 26 Apr 2017, 4:28 pm
greg parker wrote:Looks pretty firm to me guys.

Back to James Markham for a moment.

We now have two witnesses to the Tippit murder close to James - his mother and a friend - both tried to avoid hanging around to speak to police.

There is also this curiosity from the FBI report dated 12/13/63:

SMITH advised that his reason for being in the area was that he was visiting a friend of his, one JIMMY BURT, who was living with his father-in-law, DAVID SCHAFFER at 505 East 10th Street. He said he thought JIMMY might have seem the shooting also but he wan not certain for he believed be had arrived at JIMMY'S house prior to the time of JIMMY'S arrival. He advised that JIMMY was AWOL from the Army Missile Base at Denton, Texas, at the time. He said that he believed JIMMY was awaiting discharge for being AWOL on a number of occasions. He believed that JIMMY was presently visiting his father, ROSS BURT somewhere in Louisiana, possibly Bellmont.
SMITH advised that he did not have any relatives in New Mexico and ANZAIWA, his brother-in-law, is originally from Refurgio (ph), Texas, near Corpus Christi. He said that he did not believe ANZALDUA had any relatives in New Mexico either.
The FBI didn't get to Burt for another 13 days and gives a completely different account:

He and a friend WILLIAM SMITH were sitting in his brother, BILLY BURT's house located at the corner of 9th and Denver Streets, Dallas. It was some time after lunch when they heard two gunshots. He and SMITH immediately ran from the house toward his car, a 1952 two—tone blue Ford which was parked facing south on Denver Street. As they ran from the house they heard four more shots making a total of six.
BURT Said he drove his car to the next intersection which is Denver and 10th Streets and turned west on 10th. He immediately saw a police car parked at the curb in the middle of the block. It was parked facing east on 10th Street. A police officer was lying on the street near the left front wheel. BURT later recognized him as being an officer who frequented that neighborhood. This particular officer was known by the name "Friendly" to the residents of that area.
BURT parked his car in front of the police car on the same side of the street with the front end facing the west. He and SMITH jumped out of the car and as they did so he looked west on 10th Street. At that moment he caught a glimpse of a man running on the sidewalk on the south side of the street. The man at this point had reached the intersection of 10th and Patton Streets. He described this man as a white male, approximately 5'8". He was wearing a light colored short jacket. BURT stated he could not describe the man further as he was never closer than 50 to 60 yards from the man. He said at one point he did notice the man had a pistol in his right hand. Although he is familiar with hand weapons he said that because of the distance he could not describe the pistol.
Smith was interviewed by the WC in April 64.  Burt was never interviewed by them.

Somehow by April, Smith now recalled that Burt was with him. He sticks to the address he gave the FBI, and again mentions no car ride. 

I know they can claim lying due to being on probation and being AWOL respectively, but when you add James and mother into the picture, I think there was another reason altogether for the lies.

Even someone not too bright would understand you can't bugger up your probation by being a witness to a crime. In fact, if your testimony helps the police case, you are likely to accrue some brownie points. As for being AWOL, how could being a witness here affect anything? He was apparently already being booted out of the army for it. 

James is looking pretty hot to trot right now.

Hot all right.

theatre - Texas theatre bust. - Page 4 Smith10
The_Prodigal_Son
The_Prodigal_Son

Thu 27 Apr 2017, 9:24 am
Guys, not sure if I'm reading things right here but Tippit was taken to Methodist Hospital on Beckley.
Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

Thu 27 Apr 2017, 9:55 am
The Prodigal Son wrote:Guys, not sure if I'm reading things right here but Tippit was taken to Methodist Hospital on Beckley.

Thanks Lee,
that is why I took out the 13 minute via map quest or 10 minutes with lights and siren, and replaced it with a four minute trip from the Tippit location

This makes their time about 1:11pm

Again I am using THEIR timing.

The call slips destruction, the logs disappearance and even the Dudley Hughes call slip are gone missing.
So being left with a less than perfect radio log, transcriptions, and possible edit of the dictabelt makes the times and timing a ruse. The cops have played this part like one would expect a corrupt institution to.

The Tippit murder occured close to 1pm as Mick has pointed out its hard to get that wrong, even with the aid of the dictabelt recording.
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin
http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Thu 27 Apr 2017, 10:13 am
Ed. Ledoux wrote:The witness Mrs. Wright whom called police said she called within seconds of the shooting (didn't wait a minute) and Dudley Hughes ambulance was dispatched within seconds of the call by police dispatcher.
Sounds like two minutes tops, or likely within the minute of the shooting.

1.22pm.

Can anyone show me the Dudley Hughes time slip of 1:18, please post the slip, thx.

It seems 1:08 could be changed to 1:18
and they have Tippit DOA at 1:28 at Methodist hospital per police broadcast,,, which was more like 1:18 wink wink

This is not the exact timeline, just shows more discrepancies are brushed over.

Note: Odd how fast things need to happen before Tippit murder and then time runs like molasses after.

Cheers, Ed
My mistake before. I forgot he was taken to Methodist. I timed it to Parkland.  Google has the trip to Methodist at 7 minutes for the quickest route. I Can't see how from time of call to pronouncement of death chews up only 4 minutes.  

Time is certainly elastic in Oak Cliff. Maybe Stephen King's book is true?

The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

https://gregrparker.com
Mick_Purdy
Mick_Purdy

Thu 27 Apr 2017, 10:20 am
The Prodigal Son wrote:Guys, not sure if I'm reading things right here but Tippit was taken to Methodist Hospital on Beckley.
You are correct Lee,

my very very enormous bad!

I had mistakenly read the letterhead address on the Autopsy authorisation paperwork as the address. I apologise for that....

Still, as Ed notes it luckily doesn't change much in the timing.

Mick_Purdy
Mick_Purdy

Thu 27 Apr 2017, 11:07 am
This timeline actually makes more sense of the statements and reports which suggest that Tippits body was not at the scene when they arrived at around 1.10pm. give or take.

Robertson was at the Adolphus hotel on a phone to John Allen of WFAA station at the time of the assassination according to the FBI report. 

Robertson is on the phone to Allen at around 12.31pm give or take. Its just before or just after JFK is shot, taking into account any delays of the news getting back to the studio so Allen might hear of the assassination

Robertson runs to the street on Houston just after being on the phone with Allen in the studio and told "he's been hit" 12.40pm -12.45pm. give or take

Aynesworth, Vic Robertson and Ron Reiland standing on Houston hear over the police radio about a cop being shot in Oakcliff

When I asked Mr. Aynesworth how and when he first heard about Tippit, he replied: “I was standing near the Texas Book Building, all the other reporters had gone to Parkland (Hospital), but I felt a story was breaking near the building, when I heard a squad radio blast out that a policeman had been shot in Oak Cliff. This was around one o’clock. 

Could have been just before.

I ran to the car and went with it to Patton and Tenth. I had a hunch that the policeman’s murder was tied in with the assassination. I got to the Tenth Street area about 1:05, no later than 1:10 p.m. …” [1]

The three newsmen had driven to Oakcliff. lets say they did get there at around 1.05pm as Aynseworth remembers, then that fits the timeline perfectly

1.06pm Craig looks at watch after hearing the news of the cop shooting.

After the newsmen arrived at about 1.05pm no later than 1.10pm they claim Tippits body had already left the scene, this remember is no later than 1.10pm they then proceeded to the TT.

Mick_Purdy
Mick_Purdy

Thu 27 Apr 2017, 12:05 pm
1.22pm.

Mick_Purdy
Mick_Purdy

Thu 27 Apr 2017, 12:13 pm
https://archive.org/stream/nsia-TippitJD/nsia-TippitJD/Tippitt%20J%20D%2068_djvu.txt

The Dudley M. Hughes
Funeral Home

The ambulance reached the murder
scene so quickly simply because the
central ambulance dispatching point
for southern Dallas was only about
three blocks away. It was, and still is,
the Dudley M. Hughes Funeral Home,
located at 400 East Jefferson
Boulevard 

Mick_Purdy
Mick_Purdy

Thu 27 Apr 2017, 12:22 pm
Aynesworth Interview : Shirley Martin

After receiving the call, Hill, Alexander, and Owens promptly left for Oak Cliff. Aynesworth went with WFAA-TV newsmen Ron Reiland and Vic Robertson in the Channel 8 cruiser.

Reiland drove the cruiser recklessly, making a lot of fast moves to pass other cars and barreling through intersections as fast as he could go, using an illegal flashing light accessory to warn other drivers. These details show how the three newsmen managed to reach the scene of the crime between 1:05 and 1:10. 

Aynesworth statement to Martin agrees with that of T.F. Bowley who arrived at the scene at about the same time. He noted the time as 1:10 on his watch.

theatre - Texas theatre bust. - Page 4 Data=RfCSdfNZ0LFPrHSm0ublXdzhdrDFhtmHhN1u-gM,ZquAwMLBEjRrY2K0cxulqbPv0mHjFFJtox2fkRXCY_q71_s2IR2dK3yQWuyhOY5DvuDDIhx1qELdnjsKeIKWtaGZegXskA-9F81jBjGsKN5jgU1Tz0FZjuns5xXNqG8GqqofVB4xCHS4rhzLIag4wis,nGVptialU_EqNnhaGBfMJAyxh8-V_-Khg9LY2pVrBEt40rMcjIJr6vPTBxTAVfGwZt8fH16he2yKFeTUN9UBQs4y1itKKXnHwWQWilvx7Lam90fpbn6sqmLsTf8u1pjeaCD7iuG2BGSpeZcWUMZffAFrsKQ1gmA56Oghx4PL4QZcQLQeR1O8udOZWKTn8fSUijiPbg6hrdrbaguhEQVV26ZMmJ2fSfZYsbpU0Xc2o3ME4mVdeUOROd5HZF9znv5H2fbKe7vkTN1LJoYuNYYNwPn9hWuZLp536LqcymKtj8V6FvgkYWppRIU47kapVbIwndVwD6RiRnuorucCzxSMWS4zXZHceYJsAVBaY7mCHQBYoYPEzg?scale=1&h=200&w=632

Google maps has this trip down as 6 minutes or near about.

If Reiland was driving recklessly and with a flashing light on the vehicle then its not hard to imagine even with traffic, it would have taken less time.

its more than possible they reached the murder scene at 1.05pm. give or take.

Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

Thu 27 Apr 2017, 1:32 pm
Agreed. 1:05 was first recording of the scene by reporters.

And Tippit was arriving or arrived DOA @ Methodist

While Oswald was eating popcorn and watching a movie.

James was hiding by the Abundant Life Temple
Seeing the cops head towards the library he makes his way across the street and back to the upstairs washateria apartment.

Wondering what burglary reports were filed on or about 11/22/1963 in Oak Cliff

Cheers, Ed
beowulf

Thu 27 Apr 2017, 3:59 pm
Remember the Dallas police report the Secret Service gave the WC said Tippit was pronounced DOA at 1:25 but a carbon copy of same report on file at DPD and released decades later tracked with the hospital records and said he was pronounced at 1:15 (a second carbon copy was changed to 1:19). Someone tampered with evidence but forgot to about the carbon copies.
Mick_Purdy
Mick_Purdy

Thu 27 Apr 2017, 4:03 pm
Agreed Ed, 

It took the Ambulance less than a minute to arrive on the scene, according to reports and the driver himself.

Tippit according to witnesses and the ambulance driver claimed Tippit was loaded into the Ambulance in a minute or so, give or take.

Tippit arrived in that Ambulance at the Oakcliff Methodist hospital DOA at 1.15pm give or take according to Hospital records.

1.05pm is a very significant timeline IMO.

If the body had departed the scene sometime between 1.05 and 1.10pm. It does mean Tippit was killed at around 1.00pm.

Oswald at this time was just arriving at the theatre to watch a movie. Dropped off by Ruth.

So Oswald in the Theatre at 1.00-1.05pm. Confirmed by Ruth.

Tippit's killed at 1.00pm give or take. 

Interesting timeline.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum