REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ROKC IS NOW CLOSED AND IS READ ONLY. WE THANK THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US OVER THE LAST 14 YEARS.

Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
Brian says...Sat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 pmEd.Ledoux
last drinks before the bar closesSat 30 Dec 2023, 2:46 pmTony Krome
The Mystery of Dirk Thomas KunertSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:23 pmTony Krome
Vickie AdamsSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:14 pmgreg_parker
Busted again: Tex ItaliaSat 30 Dec 2023, 9:22 amEd.Ledoux
The Raleigh CallSat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 ambarto
Was Oswald ever confronted with the physical rifle?Sat 30 Dec 2023, 12:03 amCastroSimp
Who Dat? Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:24 pmTony Krome
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
Keywords

fritz  Theory  +Lankford  3a  beckley  Weigman  Lankford  Humor  Lifton  9  tippit  Mason  tsbd  frazier  Floor  Darnell  zapruder  3  4  David  2  doyle  prayer  hosty  paine  11  

Like/Tweet/+1

Go down
Goban_Saor

Goodbye Walter Becker Empty Goodbye Walter Becker

Tue 05 Sep 2017, 7:52 am
Given the moniker of one of our most prominent ROKCers, I believe it’s fitting to observe that Black Friday has come for Walter Becker, founder member and long-time member of Steely Dan, one of my all-time favourite rock groups.

Their music was the epitome of the cool metropolitan sophistication that I aspired to but was always way beyond my grasp.

The truth. No; by nature man is more afraid of the truth than of death...For man is a social animal – only in the herd is he happy. It is all one to him whether it is the profoundest nonsense or the greatest villainy – he feels completely at ease with it, so long as it is the view of the herd, or the action of the herd, and he is able to join the herd. (Soren Kierkegaard)

So let us not talk falsely now. The hour is getting late. (Bob Dylan)
Jake_Sykes
Jake_Sykes

Goodbye Walter Becker Empty Re: Goodbye Walter Becker

Tue 05 Sep 2017, 9:34 am
I hear you Goban. It was so cool to have a Steely Dan album in hand. It played by its own rules.

https://prayermanleeharveyoswald.blogspot.com/

Tue 05 Sep 2017, 10:53 am
When I heard them live in Phoenix a few ago they KILLED this song. Still gives me goosebumps thinking about it.

Goban_Saor

Tue 05 Sep 2017, 7:15 pm
I never had the pleasure of hearing Steely Dan in concert. I’ve just gone back and listened to Aja, possibly their masterpiece, again and marvelled at how wonderful it is. I once knew an impossibly cool couple who named their daughter Aja after it.

The truth. No; by nature man is more afraid of the truth than of death...For man is a social animal – only in the herd is he happy. It is all one to him whether it is the profoundest nonsense or the greatest villainy – he feels completely at ease with it, so long as it is the view of the herd, or the action of the herd, and he is able to join the herd. (Soren Kierkegaard)

So let us not talk falsely now. The hour is getting late. (Bob Dylan)
Bigjohnaz

Thu 07 Sep 2017, 8:30 am
Yes, a great loss. Love Steely Dan, saw them 2x here in Phoenix. Fabulous live. Agree on Aja, that's my favorite of theirs. Still listen to it often.

A lot of bass giants have left us the last couple of years. RIP.
TerryWMartin
TerryWMartin
http://martianpublishing.com

Sun 22 Oct 2017, 2:50 pm
Loved Steely Dan's albums, and for me as well "Aja" was the best - I even had a friend who named his daughter Aja as well.

My fave song of theirs was "Reeling in the Years", and of that song my favorite line was "The things that pass for knowledge I can't understand".

It is a lament that my poor wife hears from me fairly often.

Walter Becker will be missed.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum