» Changing of the Guard
Yesterday at 1:45 am by Goban Saor

» The False Mystery of the Lonesome Death of Albert Guy Bogard
Sun 10 Dec 2017, 11:59 am by Hugh Jorgan

» Jimmy Burt's Criminal Record
Sat 09 Dec 2017, 10:43 pm by greg parker

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Affiliates
free forum

The False Mystery of the Lonesome Death of Albert Guy Bogard

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The False Mystery of the Lonesome Death of Albert Guy Bogard

Post by greg parker on Sun 26 Nov 2017, 11:12 am

The brief version of the official story is that Bogard worked for the downtown Lincoln Mercury dealership and nearly 2 weeks prior to the assassination, he took someone for a test drive he mistakenly believed was Lee Harvey Oswald. On February 14 or 15 (both dates are used in various reports), 1966, Bogard committed suicide.

The counter-narrative is that Bogard took an Oswald imposter for a test drive and that in 1966, he was murdered with the scene staged to mimic a suicide to stop the truth coming out.

Which story has it right? Neither.

Bogard, as we will discover, took the real historical Lee Harvey Oswald on a test drive. In 1966, he did commit suicide.

In an FBI report on an attempt to polygraph him dated Jan 24 1964, Bogart advised that on January 11 of that year while managing a bar, he was assaulted by several men with beer bottles and ended up in Baylor Hospital from Jan 11 to Jan 18 where he said he was treated by Dr. Reynolds and prescribed Dramamine. He said he last took Dramamine on Jan 23 (the day prior to the interview). This assault, as with Bogard’s death, has generally been linked to the assassination. What those who promulgate these scenarios leave out is that Bogard had been served with divorce papers and that it was a messy separation due to bad debts. Those who visited the bar may well have been friends or family of his former partner reminding him to get his affairs sorted out or perhaps to cease contact with her. Alternatively, it may have been loan shark henchmen wanting payment. There was no shortage of loan-sharks in Dallas to whom desperate people might turn. Either possibility leaves us with a far more real-world probability for the assault than a warning concerning his Close Encounter of the Oswald Kind, the purpose of which is never fully explained by the theorists. It is certainly not clear to me what these shadowy figures expected. Was he supposed to not talk to authorities at all? Tell authorities it was not Oswald, instead of what he did tell them? Do either of those possibilities make any sense? Wouldn’t the plotters want everyone to believe their Doppelganger really was Oswald? Wasn’t that the whole point?

In any case, the FBI contacted Dr. Reynolds who confirmed that he had treated Bogard for a head injury in January and that Bogart specifically had a traumatic injury to his middle ear for which he had prescribed our friend, Dramamine. The FBI asked Dr. Reynolds about giving Bogard a lie detector test and Reynolds advised against it if Dramamine had been taken the day prior.

Bogard was finally given the polygraph on February 25. Bogard passed the test insofar as the report notes that it showed he honestly believed the person who took the test drive was the same person identified by agents as Lee Harvey Oswald in a photo shown to him. This is not proof it was Oswald, but it does add to the overall picture.

Did Bogard take the real historic Lee Harvey Oswald on a test drive? Other evidence (apart from Bogard’s ID) includes

·         Oran Brown confirming that Bogard had asked if he would look after a prospect named Lee Oswald should Oswald come back when Bogard was not available
·         Oran Brown’s wife confirming that she had seen some paper or a card with the name Lee Oswald written on it among her husband’s clutter
·         Eugene Wilson who confirmed that the demonstrator models could be taken for a test drive at any time by any of the salesmen without permission, that the customer in question had no cash and no credit and had only been in employment for a short time. Wilson could not confirm that this person was or was not Oswald, or that it was this person who had commented that he may have to “go back to Russia to buy a car”.  This however does confirm the statement being made by someone around that time.
·         Assistant manager Frank Pizzo recalled after Oswald’s name was announced as the suspect in the assassination that Bogard had a prospect by that name.
·         In 1963, the requirement to hold a driver’s license in Texas before driving a vehicle was only 27 years old. They were easy to get, though probably thought of by many as an imposition in a state priding itself on independence and freedom. With that in mind, it is no surprise that Bogard did not ask to see a driver’s license before allowing Oswald behind the wheel. 

What else do we know that may help?

Lee’s ability to driveRuth Paine testified that Oswald had been allowed to drive his Uncle Dutz’s car in New Orleans during May of ’63. She further testified that she began giving him lessons on October 13, and at that time, he had got in and started the car and drove it to the shopping center parking lot despite Ruth’s stated misgivings about him doing so without a learner’s permit. When asked how he went, Paine replied “I would say he did modestly well; but no means skilled in coming to a stop and turning a square right angle at a corner.”

From this we know that Oswald had driven a car before arriving in Dallas in October. We know also know he knew how to start a car and that he had the confidence to drive it to the shopping center.

On top of this experience, Oswald had two more lessons from Ruth who had also given him the driver’s road manual to study. 

That is not to say there are no issues with Ruth Paine’s testimony.
Buell Frazier testified that no learner’s permit was required.

Representative FORD - Do you have to get a learner's permit in Texas before you can get a driver's permit? 

Mr. FRAZIER - No, sir; I say, you don't…

It is possible that Ruth Paine, not being a native daughter, merely assumed that Texas had learner’s permits, so we will accept the word of the local here.

The bottom line on his true driving ability may have been given to the Secret Service by Paine on Dec 5 when she told Special Agent Brady that “insofar as driving a motor vehicle is concerned, in her opinion, Oswald was perfectly capable of doing so. She did not consider him to be a proficient driver however” and by Bogard himself who testified that Oswald “might have drove a little reckless, but other than that, he knew how to drive”. All of those who write books and blogs claiming things like Oswald drove like he was crazy, are referencing hearsay, and not always even accurately quote that hearsay. They do so only to prop up dangerously misleading theories.  As for the witnesses who stated Oswald could not drive; all that can be said is that their knowledge of his driving ability was out of date.

The non-driving Oswald legend should now be buried along with the myriad spin-off theories emanating from it. He could drive sufficiently well but not with the proficiency that comes only with experience.

Ruth testified that Oswald had gone to the Driver Examination Station three times attempting to take his driver’s test. The first on Saturday morning of November 9, only to find it closed due to it being an election day. The next was on Monday November 11 – Veteran’s Day – and the line was too long and he was advised it would not be worthwhile waiting as it was too close to closing-time. Oddly, he allegedly went too late in the day the following Saturday the 16th and encountered the same issue.

According to Ruth Paine, during most of this period Oswald wrongly believed there was an actual driving test, as well as a written one. 

Mrs. PAINE - Just prior to the assassination. The 16th I was having a birthday party for my little girl and said I couldn't possibly take him again to this place so he could take a test. But that he didn't need a car. This was news to him. He thought he needed a car for his initial test, learner's permit. I said he could go himself from Dallas.

It is also a fact that Mike Paine testified to showing Lee a car he had just purchased for $200.00 and that this seemed to give encouragement regarding affordability.

Mr. LIEBELER - Did he ever indicate to you that he planned to purchase an automobile? 
Mr. PAINE - I bought this second-hand car for $200. 
Mr. LIEBELER - What kind of a car is that? 
Mr. PAINE - That is a 1956 Oldsmobile. 
Mr. LIEBELER - When did you buy it? 
Mr. PAINE - I bought it while they were there, while Marina was staying with us, which was sometime in November. Either October or November, probably the early part of November. They went out to admire the car. $200, I suppose, didn't seem out of their reach then.
Mr. LIEBELER - Did he indicate to you that he was thinking-- 
Mr. PAINE - Therefore, I think Ruth, they went out to admire the car and, of course, I was thinking that it, this might make it appear to them that the car was within reach, and driving was something to be sought. 

The fact that Oswald ended up taking a $3,000 car for a test drive despite having no chance of buying it, is something a lot of young men would do. Why does anyone think this is so unusual? His statements about coming back with the cash in a few weeks were only made after being informed that he did not qualify for credit, so those statements about coming back were exactly the sort of face-saving lies a young man might tell.

Bogard, according to the records, committed suicide by attaching some garden hose taken from his parents to the exhaust of his rental car.  He was reportedly depressed in the weeks leading up to that and it was known that he had romantic and financial problems. The depression may have been exacerbated if he was still taking Dramamine. No doubt some of the depression also stemmed from his status as an unwanted witness whose life and background had been examined under a microscope and then used to diminish him. This would explain the stack of stories on the assassination found in the trunk of his car. Ironically that fish-market wrap only added fuel to the speculation that he was murdered.

So why did the Warren Commission give no credence to Albert Bogard, despite all of the supporting evidence? Timing.

Oswald’s official timeline for November 9 is:
·         Trip to the Driver Examination Station – closed
·         Trip to five and dime
·         Back to the Paine residence to work on a letter to the Russian Embassy regarding his trip to Mexico City.

And there it is. The so-called “Kostikov” letter. No time for test driving cars.
Problem is, the letter was not authored by Oswald, but that’s an investigation for another time.

Last edited by greg parker on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 9:49 am; edited 2 times in total

Out to where the van is waiting
I'm looking for the Great Leap Forward

Billy Bragg
-----------------------------
 Australians don't mind criminals: It's successful bullshit artists we despise. 
             Lachie Hulme            
The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

“God favors drunks, small children, and the cataclysmically stoned...” Steve King
"The worst thing about some men is that when they are not drunk they are sober." Billy Yeats
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." Dino Martin

https://www.thenewdisease.space
greg parker
Admin

View user profile http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Back to top Go down

Re: The False Mystery of the Lonesome Death of Albert Guy Bogard

Post by Vinny on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 12:39 am

Yet another Harvey and Lee myth debunked.Kudos Greg.

Vinny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugh Jorgan on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 9:32 am

Well done as usual, Greg.  I had never heard of this story.  Here is an article from the Shreveport Times 16 Feb 1966, Page 2 concerning Bogard's suicide.  It seems he was from Louisiana. 

This might help explain the discrepancies in his death date: being that he was found dead in a rather rural location, it is possible the exact day of the death could not be determined. The 15th of February was a Tuesday, but the medical examiner (or coroner) might have thought he had been dead a day, leading to the conclusion he actually offed himself the day before, which would have been, of course, the 14th. 

Hugh Jorgan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by greg parker on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 11:38 am

Yep.. That would explain it. And Valentine's Day makes perfect sense given his years of marital issues.

Out to where the van is waiting
I'm looking for the Great Leap Forward

Billy Bragg
 Australians don't mind criminals: It's successful bullshit artists we despise. 
             Lachie Hulme            
The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

“God favors drunks, small children, and the cataclysmically stoned...” Steve King
"The worst thing about some men is that when they are not drunk they are sober." Billy Yeats
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." Dino Martin

https://www.thenewdisease.space
greg parker
Admin

View user profile http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugh Jorgan on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 11:59 am

greg parker wrote:Yep.. That would explain it. And Valentine's Day makes perfect sense given his years of marital issues.

Exactly! Again, I hadn't thought of the Valentine's Day connection but it makes perfect sense.  On that note, the Social Security Death Index lists Bogart's death as the 14th.  If you look at that road where Bogart's car/body were found on Google Maps it is very rural even to this day.  It is logical that he could have been dead sitting in the car for a day before someone stumbled upon the scene.

From your post and reading the testimony I am convinced it was the historical Oswald who took the test drive.  Considering the facts (that you pointed out) about his interest in learning to drive and taking the lessons from Ruth Paine, it seems completely logical that a test drive would give him the opportunity for another lesson via a demo.  Oswald's statements that he would return with the cash was simply a way to appease Bogart.  LHO's movements that day would leave plenty of time to visit the car dealership regardless of when he wrote the letter.  I am curious of the location of the five and dime in relation to the dealership.  Damn shame Bogard destroyed that business card.

As usual, good info, Greg.  Thanks for the post.
Hugh Jorgan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top