REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ROKC IS NOW CLOSED AND IS READ ONLY. WE THANK THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US OVER THE LAST 14 YEARS.

Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
Brian says...Sat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 pmEd.Ledoux
last drinks before the bar closesSat 30 Dec 2023, 2:46 pmTony Krome
The Mystery of Dirk Thomas KunertSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:23 pmTony Krome
Vickie AdamsSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:14 pmgreg_parker
Busted again: Tex ItaliaSat 30 Dec 2023, 9:22 amEd.Ledoux
The Raleigh CallSat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 ambarto
Was Oswald ever confronted with the physical rifle?Sat 30 Dec 2023, 12:03 amCastroSimp
Who Dat? Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:24 pmTony Krome
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
Keywords

Lifton  paine  doyle  Humor  9  Weigman  hosty  3a  tippit  Darnell  frazier  beckley  Theory  fritz  11  zapruder  Floor  Mason  3  4  prayer  tsbd  Lankford  David  +Lankford  2  

Like/Tweet/+1

Question for anyone

+3
beowulf
Hasan Yusuf
greg_parker
7 posters
Go down
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin
http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Question for anyone - Page 2 Empty Question for anyone

Sat 29 Jun 2013, 10:26 am
First topic message reminder :

If citizens can be charged with "obstruction of justice", why can't government officials who either themselves obstruct the release of documents or allow it to happen?

The same applies to any relevant government committee charged with oversight of the JFK Act which entails oversight hearings which have not been conducted in accordance with the mandates of law. Could that not also be considered "obstruction of justice", at least in a broad sense?

And lastly, should it not be considered "obstruction of justice" for relevant law enforcement agencies not to consider new evidence in a case in which there is no statute of limitations? When, exactly, was the last time new evidence in this case was considered by the Justice Department, the FBI, the Dallas Police or any other relevant authority? And how much new evidence has been brought forth since then?

Underpinning all laws are certain fundamental principles - whether those principles be enshrined in a separate act, or in a Constitution, or in some other form. I suggest that some type of class action which refers to such relevant broad-based principles may well be an option.

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about: "It's the vibe"...

Last edited by greg parker on Sat 29 Jun 2013, 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total

The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

https://gregrparker.com

Question for anyone - Page 2 Empty Re: Question for anyone

Sun 23 Mar 2014, 2:57 pm
greg parker wrote:If citizens can be charged with "obstruction of justice", why can't government officials who either themselves obstruct the release of documents or allow it to happen?

The same applies to any relevant government committee charged with oversight of the JFK Act which entails oversight hearings which have not been conducted in accordance with the mandates of law. Could that not also be considered "obstruction of justice", at least in a broad sense?

And lastly, should it not be considered "obstruction of justice" for relevant law enforcement agencies not to consider new evidence in a case in which there is no statute of limitations? When, exactly, was the last time new evidence in this case was considered by the Justice Department, the FBI, the Dallas Police or any other relevant authority? And how much new evidence has been brought forth since then?

Underpinning all laws are certain fundamental principles - whether those principles be enshrined in a separate act, or in a Constitution, or in some other form. I suggest that some type of class action which refers to such relevant broad-based principles may well be an option.

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about: "It's the vibe"...

Ha ha - well, I just now found this thread. You've touched on one of my favorite topics - and one which I've researched a bit, at least relative to US law. In my view, there is no question whatsoever that J Edgar Hoover should have been brought up on charges, of Obstruction of Justice. There is more evidence on Hoover, than there ever was on any of the Watergate guys, and they all went to jail, and Nixon was forced to resign in disgrace (and he finally had to be pardoned, by none other than Gerald Ford). Yeah man, the whole thing stinks to high heaven.

But now, I have two other "views" to this, two other "hats" I can wear with some level of knowledge if not authority, when looking into this issue. One is personal, the other entirely logical. In regard to J Edgar Hoover, the simple truth is he intimidated a lot of people - which is to say, people allowed themselves to be intimidated by agents of the government. The other truth about J Edgar is, he was corrupt as hell, and he corrupted others, and he made it part of his "m.o.", which is to say, he did this ostensibly "within" the law, to "support" the law - or that was his logic, anyway.

The thing is, there are legal "exceptions", and there are legal "exemptions", and if nothing else they're pretty careful with the way they write the laws - so for instance, authority can be "construed" from the language, that kind of thing.

Well, I was reading the story of Abraham Bolden yesterday. Apparently the IRS offered him an undercover job at one point. The only thing was, they would have erased his entire life history, even his birth certificate. This was in 1964 I believe, this was apparently something even a lowly government agency like the IRS could do, even "way back then". So... the rest of the logic follows quite logically, and the only observation I can make is that few people are actually protesting here in the States.

I haven't decided yet, whether I'm going to become an activist in the JFK space. It's kind of a black hole for time and effort (and money, if you're a real researcher, probably). Maybe I can help in a different way, though. End user enablement, is something I've done a lot of in my computer career, and at this point I'm trying to take that approach. I was just thinkin' last night, I would love to see a Tippit timeline, that would be a great thing. We could do another one for the Parkland Hospital, that would be a great thing too. If you can just see this stuff in front of you, it helps so much! Anyway, I digress. Part of what motivates me to even google on "JFK assassination", is that I'm somewhat concerned about this issue of Obstruction of Justice on the part of government officials. (They don't even have to be in high places, either). Ultimately, it seems to me, the answer is a political one, because one can't really change human behavior. One can change the "law" though, and the "system" - and, when one considers things from that perspective, one enters into a twilight-zone realm of advertising and the creation of perceptions and the destruction of perceptions (and reputations) and all kinds of crazy stuff that people do in "partisan politics" these days. Honestly, it doesn't sound like a very safe place to be. On the other hand, if there needs to be a battle, then there are ways I can help better than others, and what I've seen in a quick two-or-three-month perusal of the JFK book-writing space is like... okay, I'm going to try to throw a little technology at this and let's see what happens.

I'll betcha - I'll bet - that we could very easily come up with 100 airtight examples of Obstruction of Justice on the part of J Edgar Hoover. There's no question that this took place, is there? I mean, how can I say this... this case we're trying to make, this "reopen the Kennedy investigation" effort, this "let's get to the truth" mentality, is going to be fought tooth and nail by factors and forces much more powerful than mere researchers. If there's an impact to be made it has to be big. It has to me public, it has to make the evening news. That's the only way to get peoples' attention anymore. (Sad but true). And, to get there, unless you're willing to go out on a limb in terms of your research career, the data that you're showing has to be airtight, ironclad. "Robust", is a good word. Resistant to ridicule and all other forms of attack.

So, reason I'm saying this is, compare that concept, to going up against someone like a J Edgar, on an Obstruction of Justice charge. ROFL, right? Like they say in the movies, "there are certain realities here". See, this is where Dubya was quite the clever little boy, because according to US law you can't go after a government legally, for simply "doing his job". And the President's job is, by definition, national security. Therefore, anything that falls under the umbrella of "national security" becomes unassailable in court. That's the reality. So, the truth is, that this area becomes very much like Kelo vs New London, all a public official has to do is point at a building and utter the word "blighted", and the building and the land get sold off to private developers.  Same here - all a J Edgar has to do is point at a piece of evidence and say "national security", and no court will hear any case anymore that touches upon it. That's the reality.

I don't know what to do about it. I'm all ears. Smile
Frankie Vegas
Frankie Vegas

Mon 19 May 2014, 4:08 pm
Just re-reading this thread and had a thought so I'll put it here. The comments about civil rights and civil liberties, and just having read this thread: https://reopenkennedycase.forumotion.net/t831-some-evidence-and-a-few-comments-i-thought-might-interest-everyone
Made me realise that one person (at least) had their civil rights thoroughly trampled. I doubt we could bring a case against the agents or DPD guys that personally did the rights trampling - but can you bring a case against an agency? 

Eg: The People v FBI about Lee Oswald's civil rights?
If that makes sense...
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Mon 19 May 2014, 4:39 pm
Eg: The People v FBI about Lee Oswald's civil rights? If that makes sense...
My best guess would be "no" Frankie.

There may be options for the family to sue under common law, but that too, is just a guess.

Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

Frankie Vegas
Frankie Vegas

Mon 19 May 2014, 4:41 pm
I'm feeling the pressure to get something/anything done this year. 
We have lost 6 (or more) witnesses and researchers this year. If we want a new investigation, grand jury etc I strongly feel we need to do something very soon! 
There must be some sort of case we can bring. 
Destroying documents? Purgery? Withholding information... anything to get a bite.
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Mon 19 May 2014, 5:44 pm
I think I've gone through all possibilities about bringing on a legal action with our legal eagle here. Real, workable non-pie-in-the-sky options were pretty thin on the ground.

As you know, I'm sitting on a lot of new material. I would give up the immediate idea of a book in a heart-beat if an influential journalist could be found to give it all to - but - I'd need to be assured that it would not only be be published but published in a way that would leverage pressure for a new inquiry. 

With all due respect to journalists fighting for truth in the alternative media, I would exclude them from consideration. They are rarely listened to by the people who need to be influenced. It has to be someone in the MSM with credibility and integrity.

The offer is on the table at least until the next book is done.

Me

Don Jeffries

Frankie Vegas
Frankie Vegas

Mon 19 May 2014, 5:53 pm
Smile 
I really understand. It would need to big and attention grabbing, the likes of Oliver Stone's JFK to work...
Argh! It's so frustrating!
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Mon 19 May 2014, 6:34 pm
Frankie Vegas wrote:Smile 
I really understand. It would need to big and attention grabbing, the likes of Oliver Stone's JFK to work...
Argh! It's so frustrating!
That's about it, Frankie. But the offer is genuine. The whole idea of the books was to attract media attention in the hope it would start something, so this is only swapping it around and releasing the info through the media first.

Me

Don Jeffries

TerryWMartin
TerryWMartin
http://martianpublishing.com

Mon 19 May 2014, 9:31 pm
Frankie Vegas wrote:Just re-reading this thread and had a thought so I'll put it here. The comments about civil rights and civil liberties, and just having read this thread: https://reopenkennedycase.forumotion.net/t831-some-evidence-and-a-few-comments-i-thought-might-interest-everyone
Made me realise that one person (at least) had their civil rights thoroughly trampled. I doubt we could bring a case against the agents or DPD guys that personally did the rights trampling - but can you bring a case against an agency? 

If that makes sense...

Perhaps the ACLU could get involved... but aren't they a CIA front?

As far as someone having standing in the case, I recall hearing that the two daughters - Julie and Rachel - would like to see their father's name cleared. If a case could be gotten off the ground, I think they should be approached to stand as plaintiffs in the case. I think they might have grounds for standing.

StanDane
https://prayermanleeharveyoswald.blogspot.com/

Tue 20 May 2014, 6:39 am
greg parker wrote:I think I've gone through all possibilities about bringing on a legal action with our legal eagle here. Real, workable non-pie-in-the-sky options were pretty thin on the ground.

As you know, I'm sitting on a lot of new material. I would give up the immediate idea of a book in a heart-beat if an influential journalist could be found to give it all to - but - I'd need to be assured that it would not only be be published but published in a way that would leverage pressure for a new inquiry. 

With all due respect to journalists fighting for truth in the alternative media, I would exclude them from consideration. They are rarely listened to by the people who need to be influenced. It has to be someone in the MSM with credibility and integrity.

Who might such a journalist be, Greg? What list of MSM journalists would satisfy your criteria of credibility and integrity? 

Why don't we make a list and then go after them, using all of our collective brains, capabilities and connections?

Somebody talk to Oliver Stone and tell him about some of the juicy shit we have. I'd like to think he'd be open to some sound, credible project that validates his earlier efforts.

Just saying.

Tue 20 May 2014, 7:00 am
terlin wrote:
Frankie Vegas wrote:Just re-reading this thread and had a thought so I'll put it here. The comments about civil rights and civil liberties, and just having read this thread: https://reopenkennedycase.forumotion.net/t831-some-evidence-and-a-few-comments-i-thought-might-interest-everyone

If that makes sense...

Perhaps the ACLU could get involved... but aren't they a CIA front?

As far as someone having standing in the case, I recall hearing that the two daughters - Julie and Rachel - would like to see their father's name cleared. If a case could be gotten off the ground, I think they should be approached to stand as plaintiffs in the case. I think they might have grounds for standing.
That is a good idea to get the girls involved terlin. Something similar was done with the MLK trial that awarded the family a verdict of conspiracy. That would certainly bring the MSM on board. It would be a difficult subject to approach them with and I wouldn't be surprised if it has been attempted before. I am not sure if it was June or Rachel who was on a news program in the late 90's who expressed her doubts over the investigation. If they feel there is a chance they just might take it to clear his name.
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Tue 20 May 2014, 7:12 am
Stan Dane wrote:
greg parker wrote:I think I've gone through all possibilities about bringing on a legal action with our legal eagle here. Real, workable non-pie-in-the-sky options were pretty thin on the ground.

Who might such a journalist be, Greg? What list of MSM journalists would satisfy your criteria of credibility and integrity? 

Why don't we make a list and then go after them, using all of our collective brains, capabilities and connections?

Somebody talk to Oliver Stone and tell him about some of the juicy shit we have. I'd like to think he'd be open to some sound, credible project that validates his earlier efforts.

Just saying.
I have a list of Australian journalists and they are being lobbied. 

I have no idea which journalists in the US would fit the criteria.

I'd be more than happy to have Oliver Stone on board.

Me

Don Jeffries

Tue 20 May 2014, 7:19 am
greg parker wrote:
Stan Dane wrote:

Just saying.

Derryn Hinch will probably have a go, Greg. As long as you promise him jail time.
Its probably a good idea to go through the articles written for the 50th anniversary and try to find someone who actually questioned the official story. There wasn't many, I agree, but they would at least listen.
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Tue 20 May 2014, 7:57 am
Paul Klein wrote:
greg parker wrote:
Stan Dane wrote:

Just saying.

Derryn Hinch will probably have a go, Greg. As long as you promise him jail time.
Its probably a good idea to go through the articles written for the 50th anniversary and try to find someone who actually questioned the official story. There wasn't many, I agree, but they would at least listen.
Thanks Paul. That's sound thinking. There wouldn't be a long list exactly, but worth looking.

Me

Don Jeffries

Frankie Vegas
Frankie Vegas

Tue 20 May 2014, 12:28 pm
What about Salon? David Talbot either owns or runs it or something... he's all about Kick Ass Journalism (as he puts it ) Smile 

Maybe you could send Oliver Stone a copy of your book with a letter? Jim Douglass? He's good friends with Stone... 
Bill O'Reilly? Hahahahaha! Just kidding, you said reputable, right?
Frankie Vegas
Frankie Vegas

Tue 20 May 2014, 12:29 pm
Oh, and its JFK's birthday on the 29th, plus some protests are being planned for that date to have the files released so it could be a good time to get a story out...

edit to add: if we get someone to approach Oswald's daughters then I think we should get someone like Cyril Wecht to do it...
StanDane
StanDane

Tue 20 May 2014, 12:54 pm
In Greg's Central Western Daily article, there is the following pull quote:

"I HAVE PROOF THAT A MAJOR POLITICAL FIGURE RELATED BY MARRIAGE TO ONE OF THE MAIN WITNESSES IN THE KENNEDY ADMINISTRATION SET OSWALD UP"

Proof. That's pretty damn eye catching to me. What if Oliver stone saw this? Think he might want to find out more? 
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Tue 20 May 2014, 2:16 pm
Stan Dane wrote:In Greg's Central Western Daily article, there is the following pull quote:

"I HAVE PROOF THAT A MAJOR POLITICAL FIGURE RELATED BY MARRIAGE TO ONE OF THE MAIN WITNESSES IN THE KENNEDY ADMINISTRATION SET OSWALD UP"

Proof. That's pretty damn eye catching to me. What if Oliver stone saw this? Think he might want to find out more? 
Stan,

something got lost in the translation. What I said I had proof of was the relationship and added that there was a strong case that both were involved in the plot to set Oswald up.

My solution (I know it won't satisfy everyone - but I'm damn sure no one can rightfully say it's not a strong case) involves this issue, but the dots trace back to things that are in the first volume and take in a lot of other stuff along the way, including Lee's ideas on Lowery. In fact, that is becoming more and more central. 

I would love to have Stone on board... but I think either his reading it via a journalist now, or via the 3 volumes when they are complete, would be best.  

I know he has an interest in Latin America. But my problem is that if I send a pdf cold, he may automatically trash it. He no doubt gets bugged by every wacko out there. I do know people who know him, but I don't feel comfortable in asking favors of that magnitude. 

Set Stone aside for a bit. I'm going to take Paul's suggestion and see if I can find a journalist who was open-minded during the 50th.

Me

Don Jeffries

StanDane
StanDane

Tue 20 May 2014, 2:50 pm
I'm just brainstorming. I'm not hung up on Stone per se, I'm just using him as the face of somebody with the gravitas to make what we want happen. I like to think big. I was thinking if somebody knew somebody who knew a guy like Stone who might introduce an idea to him, plant a seed, as it were. Just a thought to explore.

I know you never send anything cold to someone (paper, book, script, etc.). It'll wind up in the shitcan in a flash. But with a proper introduction, then one has the opportunity to present and sell an idea.

Look, Stone did something nobody else has done or had the guts to do. He's big league. We need big leaguers if we're going to take this mainstream. Again, Stone was face of somebody who I thought could do that. So I speak in those terms. I could be generic and call him Mr. Smith.

What about a guy like Len Osanic? He liked your book. Does he know anybody?

There are a few other names, but I'd rather tell you privately because my instincts tell me it's wise to do so at the moment.  

What do the others think here? There are a lot of smart people here smarter than me.
Vinny

Wed 21 May 2014, 1:22 am
What about RFK Jr? Last year he said that he did not believe the lone gunman theory.Would it be possible to get his support for this?

http://martianpublishing.com

Wed 21 May 2014, 3:52 am
Stan Dane wrote:I'm just brainstorming. 

There are a lot of smart people here smarter than me.

Yes, there are a lot of people here probably smarter than me too and most are definitely more knowlegeable about the case than I am.

But I seriously doubt anyone here can be as funny as Stan has been with his cartoons. Yes, not even me.

Everyone brings something different to the table and by all this brainstorming, we certainly stand a better chance of surmounting the difficulties of the case than any one of alone could hope to do.

No one yet has all the answers and I don't think any ONE of us here is smart enough to do that. Nor should a singular approach be banked on.

I don't know for sure what I am bringing to the table but I offer whatever I can.
Most assuredly, just as Stan and the rest of us do as well.

StanDane

Wed 21 May 2014, 8:10 am
terlin wrote:But I seriously doubt anyone here can be as funny as Stan has been with his cartoons. Yes, not even me.
I don't know for sure what I am bringing to the table but I offer whatever I can.
Most assuredly, just as Stan and the rest of us do as well.
Hey, I try. It's my coping strategy to make sure the real researchers here don't boot my ass out of the forum!

You bring a lot to the table, Terry. Chiefly clear thinking and common sense. As we know, that's not a commodity that is common!
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Wed 21 May 2014, 11:17 am
I love the diversity that we have here. 

Old rockers with grizzled home truths and bon mots.

Modest maths and logic wizards.

Polite Kiwis yet paradoxically with attitude.

A bloody good and knowledgeable Spaniard who once lived in some of my old haunts in Sydney.

An unearthed and future comedic legend.

Authors with values beyond a dollar and insight beyond their navals.

A small army of honest researchers from anywhere and everywhere.

Lee.

Me

Don Jeffries

Frankie Vegas
Frankie Vegas

Thu 22 May 2014, 9:32 pm
JFK Student wrote:What about RFK Jr? Last year he said that he did not believe the lone gunman theory.Would it be possible to get his support for this?
I like this. He is obviously interested in answers.

Also, during the 50th the despicable, Smoking Gun got massive coverage. Like, disproportionate to it's credibility coverage. That started in Australia...
I strongly suspect it was a set up of sorts... get some believing the bullshit idea, and others thinking what whackos CT's are, but who did they go through? It was even in the right wing papers over here being taken credibly and that is not easy to do.
So, putting aside suspicions and  thinking for just a second that the Smoking Gun a-holes got an honest accounting from the media, can we recreate that?
Frankie Vegas
Frankie Vegas

Thu 22 May 2014, 9:39 pm
greg parker wrote:I love the diversity that we have here. 

Old rockers with grizzled home truths and bon mots.

Modest maths and logic wizards.

Polite Kiwis yet paradoxically with attitude.

A bloody good and knowledgeable Spaniard who once lived in some of my old haunts in Sydney.

An unearthed and future comedic legend.

Authors with values beyond a dollar and insight beyond their navals.

A small army of honest researchers from anywhere and everywhere.

Lee.

Question for anyone - Page 2 919px-10
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Thu 22 May 2014, 10:03 pm
Frankie Vegas wrote:
JFK Student wrote:What about RFK Jr? Last year he said that he did not believe the lone gunman theory.Would it be possible to get his support for this?
I like this. He is obviously interested in answers.

Also, during the 50th the despicable, Smoking Gun got massive coverage. Like, disproportionate to it's credibility coverage. That started in Australia...
I strongly suspect it was a set up of sorts... get some believing the bullshit idea, and others thinking what whackos CT's are, but who did they go through? It was even in the right wing papers over here being taken credibly and that is not easy to do.
So, putting aside suspicions and  thinking for just a second that the Smoking Gun a-holes got an honest accounting from the media, can we recreate that?

Got massive coverage because the guy was (allegedly) a top undercover cop who churned out a few books and scripted some local crime dramas for TV. In short, he already had a "name" and a rep, and he got the backing for a documentary which he complimented with a book. He  got huge exposure here simply because of who he is. Those who interviewed him didn't have a clue about the assassination and so had no idea what a load of shit his second hand theory is. But that media exposure gave him even further credibility because THEY (the media) took him seriously.

And unfortunately everyone who watched the documentary seems to have been taken in. I've had people bail me up and give me an earbashing that it was the Secret Service agent and why should anyone believe me over a former detective who knows about solving crimes?

As for RFK Jr... that'd be great... but again, I'm loathe to contact people like that cold. It's always better if they find a book they like all by themselves, or have one recommended by a friend -- or have a friend advise them that look, "there's a forum on the web with a number of people who have developed all sorts of new and credible leads in the case but need to have someone with some clout help them out with using the information to pry the case back open."

Me

Don Jeffries

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum