REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ROKC IS NOW CLOSED AND IS READ ONLY. WE THANK THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US OVER THE LAST 14 YEARS.

Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
Brian says...Sat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 pmEd.Ledoux
last drinks before the bar closesSat 30 Dec 2023, 2:46 pmTony Krome
The Mystery of Dirk Thomas KunertSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:23 pmTony Krome
Vickie AdamsSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:14 pmgreg_parker
Busted again: Tex ItaliaSat 30 Dec 2023, 9:22 amEd.Ledoux
The Raleigh CallSat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 ambarto
Was Oswald ever confronted with the physical rifle?Sat 30 Dec 2023, 12:03 amCastroSimp
Who Dat? Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:24 pmTony Krome
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
Keywords

zapruder  Mason  Floor  tsbd  11  3a  9  Humor  prayer  hosty  2  David  fritz  +Lankford  4  3  Weigman  doyle  Lankford  Theory  beckley  Darnell  tippit  paine  frazier  Lifton  

Like/Tweet/+1

Go down
Albert Rossi
Albert Rossi

dieugenio - Review of Philip Shenon's A Cruel and Shocking Act by Jim DiEugenio Empty Review of Philip Shenon's A Cruel and Shocking Act by Jim DiEugenio

Thu 05 Dec 2013, 6:30 am
http://ctka.net/reviews/shenon.html

This one has to be the topper.  It actually tries to resurrect the Castro-did-it-through-Oswald false sponsor.  I have not read the book, but from the review, it sounds like it's even worse than Reclaiming History or Case Closed, if that is possible.

Thank you, Jim, once again, for another devastating frontal assault on establishment-sponsored lies (Shenon actually wrote this book upon the encouragement of surviving WC legal staff members).
James DiEugenio

dieugenio - Review of Philip Shenon's A Cruel and Shocking Act by Jim DiEugenio Empty Re: Review of Philip Shenon's A Cruel and Shocking Act by Jim DiEugenio

Thu 05 Dec 2013, 3:30 pm
Thanks ALbert.

What an ordeal it was to get through that pile of rubbish.

On nearly every page or every other page there was something wrong factually or just spun by Shenon radically.

The one interesting part of the book was how he revealed that Willens brought in law school graduates and clerks cold to do the Ruby and Oswald biographies.  Incredible.  This is what he thought of the case.  And Shenon tried to call him a Kennedy man.

Horse crap.  A really bad, bad book that only a NY TImes guy could write.
Goban_Saor

dieugenio - Review of Philip Shenon's A Cruel and Shocking Act by Jim DiEugenio Empty Re: Review of Philip Shenon's A Cruel and Shocking Act by Jim DiEugenio

Thu 05 Dec 2013, 11:16 pm
Thank you, James, for keeping your shoulder to the wheel.

The truth. No; by nature man is more afraid of the truth than of death...For man is a social animal – only in the herd is he happy. It is all one to him whether it is the profoundest nonsense or the greatest villainy – he feels completely at ease with it, so long as it is the view of the herd, or the action of the herd, and he is able to join the herd. (Soren Kierkegaard)

So let us not talk falsely now. The hour is getting late. (Bob Dylan)
Hasan Yusuf
Hasan Yusuf
http://jfkthelonegunmanmyth.blogspot.com.au/

Fri 06 Dec 2013, 7:08 am
Great work, Jim. Reading through your review, it's obvious that this is an utterly horrible book. When are these disinformation morons gonna learn their lesson and quit? Oh that's right..... never.
James DiEugenio

Sun 08 Dec 2013, 5:33 am
Shenon's book got some big time exposure on Face the Nation with idiot Schieffer.

But incredibly, he also got on NPR and they lobbed him softballs there also.

But hopefully this review will alert some people to just what a propaganda tract it is.

If you can, please post around.
Hasan Yusuf
Hasan Yusuf

Sun 08 Dec 2013, 7:07 am
James DiEugenio wrote:Shenon's book got some big time exposure on Face the Nation with idiot Schieffer.

But incredibly, he also got on NPR and they lobbed him softballs there also.

But hopefully this review will alert some people to just what a propaganda tract it is.

If you can, please post around.
I just put up a link to your review on my blog, Jim.
casenagell

Sun 08 Dec 2013, 6:06 pm
Couldn't finish this one. He states in the introduction that it was to be the first book to comprehensively look at the inside of the Commissions workings.... first?..McKnights was only 8 years ago...(And the most definitive).... these guys have not even short memories, but no memory.
The rest was abysmal, even turning Malcolm Perry into the guy that suggested the throat wound was a entrance. You know, clearing that up for Humes.
"Dulles forced retirement produced surprisingly few hard feelings between him and President Kennedy". 
I left it there. Sigh.
Hasan Yusuf
Hasan Yusuf

Mon 09 Dec 2013, 7:06 am
casenagell wrote:Couldn't finish this one. He states in the introduction that it was to be the first book to comprehensively look at the inside of the Commissions workings.... first?..McKnights was only 8 years ago...(And the most definitive).... these guys have not even short memories, but no memory.
The rest was abysmal, even turning Malcolm Perry into the guy that suggested the throat wound was a entrance. You know, clearing that up for Humes.
"Dulles forced retirement produced surprisingly few hard feelings between him and President Kennedy". 
I left it there. Sigh.
Bloody hell, how much bullshit did this guy spout in his book?!
casenagell

Mon 09 Dec 2013, 4:41 pm
A lot, Hasan, a lot.
There seem to be a disturbing trend towards not even bothering with footnotes.
The recent and truly awful "JFK: an American Coup" is a rehash of about 3 books, and also contains no source notes. It's mentioned they are on a separate webpage..but try to find it. If it ain't up to refer to when I'm reading the book, I'm not going back at the authors convenience.
I saw Shenon on Meet the Press and when the talking heads acted surprised at the destruction of the Hosty note, amongst other 'revelations', I knew what to expect.
Hasan Yusuf
Hasan Yusuf

Wed 11 Dec 2013, 7:08 am
casenagell wrote:A lot, Hasan, a lot.
There seem to be a disturbing trend towards not even bothering with footnotes.
The recent and truly awful "JFK: an American Coup" is a rehash of about 3 books, and also contains no source notes. It's mentioned they are on a separate webpage..but try to find it. If it ain't up to refer to when I'm reading the book, I'm not going back at the authors convenience.
I saw Shenon on Meet the Press and when the talking heads acted surprised at the destruction of the Hosty note, amongst other 'revelations', I knew what to expect.

When's it gonna end, Steve? Are we really going to have to put up with all this crap for the rest of our lives? It's so bloody depressing.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum