REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ROKC IS NOW CLOSED AND IS READ ONLY. WE THANK THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US OVER THE LAST 14 YEARS.

Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    Brian says...Sat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 pmEd.Ledoux
    last drinks before the bar closesSat 30 Dec 2023, 2:46 pmTony Krome
    The Mystery of Dirk Thomas KunertSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:23 pmTony Krome
    Vickie AdamsSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:14 pmgreg_parker
    Busted again: Tex ItaliaSat 30 Dec 2023, 9:22 amEd.Ledoux
    The Raleigh CallSat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 ambarto
    Was Oswald ever confronted with the physical rifle?Sat 30 Dec 2023, 12:03 amCastroSimp
    Who Dat? Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:24 pmTony Krome
    Social bookmarking
    Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
    Keywords

Lifton  Lankford  fritz  Darnell  2  paine  doyle  4  Mason  Weigman  tsbd  11  prayer  beckley  +Lankford  David  frazier  hosty  3  zapruder  Humor  3a  Theory  Floor  tippit  9  

Like/Tweet/+1

Go down

Gilberto Policarpo Lopez Empty Gilberto Policarpo Lopez

Sat 22 Mar 2014, 3:44 pm
    A tidbit from the Waldron/Hartmann book:

Declassified Warren Commission and CIA documents confirm that Lopez, whose movements parallel Oswald in so many ways in 1963, was on a secret ‘mission’ for the US involving Cuba, an ‘operation’ so secret that the CIA felt that protecting it was considered more important than thoroughly investigating the JFK assassination.” 46

Hm. That's a bit of a stretch, isn't it?

On the other hand, what do we know about Lopez after the assassination, anything? I haven't been able to find much.

The AMWORLD theory doesn't make sense to me. If the mafia found out Kennedy was finally going to move on Cuba, wouldn't they have let him? That's what they wanted from the beginning, isn't it? The numbers I've seen say that Cuba basically dwarfed Las Vegas in terms of financial revenue for the underworld, and wouldn't that really be the prize? If you were Carlos Marcello and you were upset about a little deportation, wouldn't a half billion a year go a long way towards causing you to reconsider?

And the same for the Joint Chiefs, wouldn't they have been overjoyed that Kennedy was finally going to move against Cuba? I find it impossible to believe they wouldn't have been in the loop at some level. What is interesting in all this is the message DPD Officer Stringellow allegedly sent to Florida immediately after the assassination.

Anyway.... Lopez... what's a good place to start with this character? How much do we know about him?
    capone81

Gilberto Policarpo Lopez Empty Re: Gilberto Policarpo Lopez

Mon 24 Mar 2014, 4:12 am
    nonsqtr wrote:
    The AMWORLD theory doesn't make sense to me. If the mafia found out Kennedy was finally going to move on Cuba, wouldn't they have let him? That's what they wanted from the beginning, isn't it? The numbers I've seen say that Cuba basically dwarfed Las Vegas in terms of financial revenue for the underworld, and wouldn't that really be the prize? If you were Carlos Marcello and you were upset about a little deportation, wouldn't a half billion a year go a long way towards causing you to reconsider?

Marcello didn't have as much of an interest in Cuba as Santo Trafficante. Plus there was no guarantee that the Mob would've been allowed to resume activities in Cuba after Castro's fall. Overall, I don't buy that the Mob was as interested in overthrowing Castro as the CIA and Cuban exiles. 

Marcello, Hoffa, and Trafficante all had a common interest in their hate of the Kennedys. Robert Kennedy specifically. Federal prosecutions of organized crime spiked with RFK as AG and rapidly declined after JFK's murder. 

The Mob knew that LBJ and J. Edgar Hoover didn't get along with the Kennedys and that RFK would be replaced if LBJ replaced JFK as POTUS. Killing RFK would've invited an even bigger organized crime crackdown from JFK. In order to neutralize RFK, his brother had to go. If the mob was involved in Kennedy's assassination at an organizational level, then removing Robert Kennedy as AG would've likely been a primary motive. 

I've read Waldron's latest book on the Kennedy assassination. While I too am not sold on the idea that Kennedy was planning an invasion of Cuba when he was killed, a high level mob plot against Kennedy with some help from corrupt agents in the CIA and law enforcement doesn't seem too far fetched.
    Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum