REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ROKC IS NOW CLOSED AND IS READ ONLY. WE THANK THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US OVER THE LAST 14 YEARS.

Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
Brian says...Sat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 pmEd.Ledoux
last drinks before the bar closesSat 30 Dec 2023, 2:46 pmTony Krome
The Mystery of Dirk Thomas KunertSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:23 pmTony Krome
Vickie AdamsSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:14 pmgreg_parker
Busted again: Tex ItaliaSat 30 Dec 2023, 9:22 amEd.Ledoux
The Raleigh CallSat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 ambarto
Was Oswald ever confronted with the physical rifle?Sat 30 Dec 2023, 12:03 amCastroSimp
Who Dat? Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:24 pmTony Krome
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
Keywords

+Lankford  tsbd  2  4  Floor  Lifton  3  zapruder  fritz  Lankford  Darnell  3a  11  David  doyle  Humor  hosty  Theory  frazier  paine  beckley  Mason  9  tippit  prayer  Weigman  

Like/Tweet/+1

Go down
orangebicycle

The Militant / Worker Empty The Militant / Worker

Tue 18 Sep 2018, 7:24 am
Anyone know if the FBI had a chat with the folks at The Militant or The Worker after the assassination? Would seem logical, given LHO was subscribed to both and is holding them in the backyard pix, but I can't find any evidence any interviews took place.
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin
http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

The Militant / Worker Empty Re: The Militant / Worker

Tue 18 Sep 2018, 9:11 am
orangebicycle wrote:Anyone know if the FBI had a chat with the folks at The Militant or The Worker after the assassination? Would seem logical, given LHO was subscribed to both and is holding them in the backyard pix, but I can't find any evidence any interviews took place.
Have never come across anything suggesting they did. And they probably didn't need to since they would have had informants in those organizations.

Which is part of the reason I don't believe the very belated claims that Oswald sent one of the BY pics to the Militant. Had he done so, the FBI would have been all too aware of it. But it is also pretty hard to send photos anywhere that never existed at that time.

The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

https://gregrparker.com
orangebicycle

The Militant / Worker Empty Militant

Tue 18 Sep 2018, 7:20 pm
Thanks, Greg. Good point. Reason I ask is there's a letter on page 7 of the 11 Mar Militant Oswald is holding that I've never seen mentioned before. It's headlined News and Views from Dallas:

https://www.marxists.org/history/etol/newspape/themilitant/1963/v27n10-mar-11-1963-mil.pdf

Be interested to hear your thoughts.
Vinny

Tue 18 Sep 2018, 7:32 pm
Affidavit Of Louis Weinstock

The following affidavit was executed by Louis Weinstock on May 20, 1964.
PRESIDENT'S COMMISSION
ON THE ASSASSINATION OF
PRESIDENT JOHN F. KENNEDY
AFFIDAVIT
STATE OF NEW YORK,
County of New York, ss:
Louis Weinstock, being duly sworn, says:

1. On or about December 19, 1962, I was General Manager of "The Worker," the address of which is 23 West 26 Street, New York 11, New York. On or about December 19, 1962, I wrote the attached letter on the letterhead of "The Worker" addressed to Lee Harvey Oswald, Post Office Box 2915, Dallas, Texas, and sent or caused such letter to be sent to Mr. Oswald. I have initialed that letter immediately below the initials "WJL" appearing thereon for the purpose of identifying it as Weinstock Exhibit No. 1.

2. The letter refers to certain "blow ups" which were apparently sent to "The Worker" by Mr. Oswald. I described those "blow ups" in my letter as "poster like blow ups" and indicated that they would be "most useful at newsstands and other public places to call the attention of newspaper readers that The Worker' is available."

3. While my recollection is not entirely clear concerning the nature of the "blow ups" which Oswald had apparently sent to "The Worker," it appears from the description of such "blow ups" in my letter that they must have consisted of the item which has been marked as Exhibit 5A in the deposition of Mr. Arnold S. Johnson, which Exhibit, as indicated in Mr. Johnson's testimony, was obtained from the files of "The Worker" and turned over to the Federal Bureau of Investigation by Mr. Johnson's counsel.

4. Aside from the attached letter of December 19, 1962, I know of no other correspondence which I may have written to Lee Harvey Oswald and I do not recall receiving anything from him other than the material described in this affidavit.
Signed the 20th day of May 1964.
(S) Louis Weinstock,
LOUIS WEINSTOCK.

The Militant / Worker Empty Militant

Tue 18 Sep 2018, 9:57 pm
Thanks, Vinny. Really interesting. Shame historic issues of The Worker are not archived online; it would be interesting to trawl through their 1962/63 back issues, and particularly their letters pages, to see what LHO would have been reading and/or writing.
Phil_Hopley

The Militant / Worker Empty Old issues of The Militant

Mon 24 Sep 2018, 6:10 pm
They are, in fact, online...

https://www.themilitant.com/backissu.html

The records for the Worker are spotty at best. Here's a link to some of the Worker papers from the '20s. Although not germane to Oswald, provide some historical information on the Left

https://www.marxists.org/history/usa/pubs/dailyworker/

The main site for the Worker, and other Left leaning publications is: https://www.marxists.org/index.htm

Phil.
orangebicycle

The Militant / Worker Empty The Militant / Worker

Mon 24 Sep 2018, 9:47 pm
Thanks, Phil. Pity they don't have a copy of the 24 March 1963 issue! As mentioned in a previous post, there is a letter in the 11 March Militant that could easily have been written by LHO. I'm just wondering whether "L.H." from Dallas wrote in to The Worker as well.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum