REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ROKC IS NOW CLOSED AND IS READ ONLY. WE THANK THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US OVER THE LAST 14 YEARS.

Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
Brian says...Sat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 pmEd.Ledoux
last drinks before the bar closesSat 30 Dec 2023, 2:46 pmTony Krome
The Mystery of Dirk Thomas KunertSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:23 pmTony Krome
Vickie AdamsSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:14 pmgreg_parker
Busted again: Tex ItaliaSat 30 Dec 2023, 9:22 amEd.Ledoux
The Raleigh CallSat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 ambarto
Was Oswald ever confronted with the physical rifle?Sat 30 Dec 2023, 12:03 amCastroSimp
Who Dat? Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:24 pmTony Krome
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
Keywords

tsbd  Weigman  Mason  fritz  Humor  2  3a  hosty  frazier  4  prayer  Darnell  9  zapruder  David  Lankford  beckley  Theory  +Lankford  tippit  doyle  Lifton  Floor  paine  11  3  

Like/Tweet/+1

Go down
Phil_Hopley

Could this technique be used on the Darnell film? Empty Could this technique be used on the Darnell film?

Thu 06 Feb 2020, 5:42 pm
Remastered 1895 film clip
Mick_Purdy
Mick_Purdy

Could this technique be used on the Darnell film? Empty Re: Could this technique be used on the Darnell film?

Thu 06 Feb 2020, 7:23 pm
Phil my opinion would be that we would still need the original film or at the very least first gen copy.

Could this technique be used on the Darnell film? Byp_211
Phil_Hopley

Could this technique be used on the Darnell film? Empty Re: Could this technique be used on the Darnell film?

Thu 06 Feb 2020, 8:12 pm
Mick, I agree, but I'm not hopeful that we'll ever get the original. So, I think we should go with what's currently available.  If there's software that can be utilised to de-blur and add clarity to the Darnell film, then we should utilise it until such a time we get the original.
Mick_Purdy
Mick_Purdy

Thu 06 Feb 2020, 11:11 pm
Phil Hopley wrote:Mick, I agree, but I'm not hopeful that we'll ever get the original. So, I think we should go with what's currently available.  If there's software that can be utilised to de-blur and add clarity to the Darnell film, then we should utilise it until such a time we get the original.

Phil, I'm with you mate. But I have to say I've spoken with experts with regards to what we might be able to achieve with what we've got available and to a man, they have all said there is no known software that would allow us to sharpen, enhance or improve the image as it is. I'm sorry to sound negative but I've tried for almost 2 or three years now and I'm being told this by everyone. I work with digital cinema currently and I concur with what I'm being told. There simply is not enough information in the copies floating about online.

There has to be enough information in the images to begin with. I have had that examined by Professors in that field and other film experts too. There is not enough there to attempt to sharpen, de blur or add clarity to any of the frames.

Phil_Hopley

Thu 06 Feb 2020, 11:19 pm
OK, thanks Mick. I guess we'll just have to wait until it gets released but I don't expect to be alive when it happens.
JFK_Case
JFK_Case

Fri 07 Feb 2020, 12:40 am
The problem with the PP films are they are not already clear. You'd basically be working from nothing. The 1896 Lumiere clip that was enhanced to 4K was pretty clear already, as witnessed by the side by side comparison.

I do wonder what the Zapruder film would like if this was done to it.
Mick_Purdy
Mick_Purdy

Fri 07 Feb 2020, 10:29 am
JFK Case wrote:The problem with the PP films are they are not already clear. You'd basically be working from nothing. The 1896 Lumiere clip that was enhanced to 4K was pretty clear already, as witnessed by the side by side comparison.

I do wonder what the Zapruder film would like if this was done to it.
Ah yes, but the original film will have enough information to perform enhancement work. That's key. The originals. All these online versions are compressed and of poor quality to begin with and yes they do looked blurred. 

I'm absolutely convinced if we ever got to see either the Weigman or Darnell original footage we would be so amazed at the quality of the footage. I do work in this area, I can attest to this. Not to be smug, just as a matter of what I've seen throughout my career.

Vinny

Sun 09 Feb 2020, 4:03 pm
The mere fact that the films have not been released should tell you something.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum