REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ROKC IS NOW CLOSED AND IS READ ONLY. WE THANK THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US OVER THE LAST 14 YEARS.

Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
Brian says...Sat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 pmEd.Ledoux
last drinks before the bar closesSat 30 Dec 2023, 2:46 pmTony Krome
The Mystery of Dirk Thomas KunertSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:23 pmTony Krome
Vickie AdamsSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:14 pmgreg_parker
Busted again: Tex ItaliaSat 30 Dec 2023, 9:22 amEd.Ledoux
The Raleigh CallSat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 ambarto
Was Oswald ever confronted with the physical rifle?Sat 30 Dec 2023, 12:03 amCastroSimp
Who Dat? Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:24 pmTony Krome
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
Keywords

Mason  Floor  hosty  Lankford  Darnell  frazier  9  Lifton  +Lankford  Humor  prayer  zapruder  Theory  fritz  3  beckley  3a  2  doyle  Weigman  tsbd  11  tippit  David  paine  4  

Like/Tweet/+1

"Prayer Man" on the Education Forum

+27
greg_parker
Eastern Spotted Skunk
steely_dan
Vinny
cavalier973
Mick_Purdy
Colin_Crow
TerryWMartin
StanDane
Jake_Sykes
Goban_Saor
Hasan Yusuf
Ray Mitcham
Faroe Islander
Mark A. O'Blazney
Marlene Zenker
AllenLowe
John Mooney
Frankie Vegas
Albert Rossi
Admin_2
Redfern
dwdunn(akaDan)
James DiEugenio
Robert Charles-Dunne
beowulf
ianlloyd
31 posters
Go down
ianlloyd

"Prayer Man" on the Education Forum - Page 19 Empty "Prayer Man" on the Education Forum

Wed 21 Aug 2013, 5:02 pm
First topic message reminder :

As I am not a member of the EF, I cannot post there but there is an interesting discussion going on there at the moment regarding a figure in the TSBD doorway generally referred to as "Prayer Man" due to the apparent position of his hands, seemingly clasped in front of his chest as if in prayer.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=20354

I recall this person being discussed somewhere many years ago and was referred to as "Prayer Man" pretty much from the outset but I cannot recall where it originated, maybe on Lancer?

Anyway, the reason for this post is that, upon looking closely at the various photographs and movie clips presented as part of the discussion, it struck me that his hands don't seem to move from the "prayer" position for what seems to be quite some time. Was he holding something, I wonder? If so, it seems an odd way to hold whatever it was.

"Prayer Man" on the Education Forum - Page 19 Empty Re: "Prayer Man" on the Education Forum

Sun 29 Sep 2013, 2:31 am
beowulf wrote:No doubt his career would be destroyed in the process and very likely the investigation would have failed. This would have set things back even farther. Not to mention the very real danger to his family. His best chance was to gain as much power for himself, before he attempted to take them on...

I'lll agree with you in so far as that was what Hamlet Kennedy told himself and his courtiers, but he was sadly mistaken. While he was in office he had the high ground, the institutional power of the Attorney General as  the nation's chief law enforcement officer is tremendous. He had 100 times the resources as Jim Garrison's District Attorney office-- ultimately and the political reality was he couldn't be fired.  Out of office, he was a sitting duck.
The AG, like all Cabinet heads, serves at the pleasure of the president. While LBJ couldn't fire him, he certainly could have undermined his authority. The DOJ like all Cabinet depts. was an entrenched bureaucracy, riddled with CIA and FBI assets, and composed mainly of lifers who were sensitive to which way the wind was blowing. I think it would be very difficult for RFK to marshal his forces and mount a full scale investigation at that time. He would be opposed by Hoover, the CIA, LBJ, and more importantly the establishment powers behind the assassination.
ianlloyd

"Prayer Man" on the Education Forum - Page 19 Empty Re: "Prayer Man" on the Education Forum

Sun 29 Sep 2013, 4:33 am
Gordon,

Would you think the DOJ is no longer "...riddled with CIA and FBI assets..." etc.?

Sun 29 Sep 2013, 4:35 am
ianlloyd wrote:Gordon,

Would you think the DOJ is no longer "...riddled with CIA and FBI assets..." etc.?
No, of course not. If any think it's worse.
ianlloyd

Sun 29 Sep 2013, 4:38 am
Ha!

I just thought I'd throw that one in! Response as expected!!

Sun 29 Sep 2013, 5:28 am
ianlloyd wrote:Ha!

I just thought I'd throw that one in! Response as expected!!
Do you have a point?
ianlloyd

Sun 29 Sep 2013, 5:35 am
No, just asking...

Sun 29 Sep 2013, 6:02 am
ianlloyd wrote:No, just asking...
Why was my response funny to you, and predictable?
ianlloyd

Sun 29 Sep 2013, 6:07 am
No, certainly not funny...but, same as you it seems, I don't think anything's really changed in 50 years. I probably should have explained a bit more...
ianlloyd

Sun 29 Sep 2013, 6:09 am
I suppose I should really just stick to the topic of the thread...
Hasan Yusuf
Hasan Yusuf
http://jfkthelonegunmanmyth.blogspot.com.au/

Sun 29 Sep 2013, 6:09 am
Colin Crow wrote:Here is a movie I made to show the timing was fudged if a second floor encounter happened. I think this was made using clips from Executive Action that was made in the TSBD.
Nice movie, Colin. Thanks for posting it.

Last edited by Hasan Yusuf on Sun 29 Sep 2013, 9:03 am; edited 2 times in total
ianlloyd

Sun 29 Sep 2013, 6:14 am
gordon gray wrote:

Gordon, 

Would you be so kind as to direct me toward any evidence of this please?

Sun 29 Sep 2013, 6:22 am
ianlloyd wrote:
gordon gray wrote:

Gordon, 

Would you be so kind as to direct me toward any evidence of this please?
I have no evidence of it for today, but I do know from many sources I've read(Fletchcer Prouty would be one) that Allen Dulles established a network of CIA assets in every dept. at all levels of Govt. National, State, and Local. He had CIA assets in local police forces. Don't see why that would change. We live in much more of a police state today than we did in 1963.
dwdunn(akaDan)
dwdunn(akaDan)
http://xefdisposable.blogspot.com/

Sun 29 Sep 2013, 7:06 am
beowulf wrote:"If RFK knew the assassination was a coup d'état he also knew his authority as attorney general was worthless as far as investigating the coup d'état was concerned. The diabolical entities who murdered the ostensibly most powerful man in the world to seize power for themselves were hardly likely to allow a subordinate, now isolated, call them to account."

Have you ever read Edmund Morris's wonderful Theodore Roosevelt biography triology? Now that was a man. He was too wealthy to be bribed, too happily married to be seduced and too fearless to be be afraid of anything or anyone. More than once, he flipped the script on men who thought him checkmated by going to the press and riding a wave of public outrage to victory. One can only imagine how Teddy Roosevelt would have reacted if he were Attorney General and it was HIS brother who was assassinated.  Insofar as Robert Kennedy fell short of what the man on Mt. Rushmore would have done, I think he did a disservice to his country and himself.
Edit: Roosevelt's fictional alter ego is, of course, Bruce Wayne.
http://chronicle.com/blognetwork/edgeofthewest/2008/07/27/teddy-in-tights/
mr. wulf, you're speculating on what you think Robert Kennedy should have done in a negative comparison with your speculation on what you think Teddy Roosevelt would have done had he been in Kennedy's place. There's no way you can lose such an argument.
John Mooney

Sun 29 Sep 2013, 7:51 pm
This is how Baker saw Oswald for the first time:

"Prayer Man" on the Education Forum - Page 19 Nnpt

According to this reenactment to check the timing:

It's a joke.

There is no way Baker saw Oswald like this.

They know that if the door was shut then Oswald would not have been in the field of vision of Baker just coming up the stairs (as he told the Warren Commission). Oswald having stepped through the door would have turned sharp left immediately whilst the door was closing.

Also according to Baker's WC testimony, when he ran to the door and opened it and hollered "come here" at Oswald he was 20 feet away (past the coke machine)

"Prayer Man" on the Education Forum - Page 19 Tyjh

It doesn't make any sense and the attached video doesn't try to make sense of it.
John Mooney

Sun 29 Sep 2013, 8:41 pm
There is a short clip of a 1963 Secret Service reenactment in the attached video (at 3.40)

Here are some stills from it and some observations, I added where I thought Baker would have come up the stairs.

"Prayer Man" on the Education Forum - Page 19 Hl48

There appears to be a pillar between the stairs and the door that is not on the WC floor plans.

Is that right?
Colin_Crow
Colin_Crow

Sun 29 Sep 2013, 9:23 pm
Guys, the Dave Perry inspired recreation is a sham from start to finish in that documentary. They cut each of the landings between the floors out by using a continuous staircase in that building. Also they used footage of the guy at a pace that was much slower than he had to move to get there in time. Very deceptive. 

This is a video in which I spliced the secret service footage and sped up to a fast walk to estimate the timing. 74-78 seconds seems about right. Note the doorway to the vestibule and the boxes on the right with the open top. From that position you can see the lunchroom. For Baker to have seen Oswald from the top of the stairs as he claimed, Oswald must have gone from right to left in front of the window. Not merely ducked inside and turned left.

https://youtu.be/zy2rY0hV7fM

This video was edited to show how quick the guy really had to move to get there in the time they claimed. You need to add time for the 4 x 20 foot landings they didn't include.

https://youtu.be/FF5Riqbw5Vg
John Mooney

Sun 29 Sep 2013, 9:26 pm
Yes I did wonder about the staircase. More sleight of hand. Just like Dale Myers.
Frankie Vegas
Frankie Vegas

Sun 29 Sep 2013, 10:32 pm
Ignore this, just commenting so I can receive notifications and follow the conversation.
John Mooney

Sun 29 Sep 2013, 10:58 pm
As regards my own question about the pillar, yes there was one.

Now, there appears to be some kind of a vestibule or hall of one kind or another with the No. 22 in a circle on it, on Exhibit 497. Is this completely clear, or are there books there from time to time?
Mr. TRULY. No; that is always clear. There is a few cartons of office stock, invoices, blank invoices and stationery and stuff up and down here. But there is always a pathway. There is a post, right about where this 22 is. You can always clear it and come by there. I don't think there would ever be stock here that would obstruct your view of the other area across there.
"Prayer Man" on the Education Forum - Page 19 Tyjh

The question is,  how much did it (and the stock)  block Baker's view of the door.

Truely says he was some feet ahead of Baker and he saw no one, so the door was closed when Baker came to the top of the stairs. If the door was closed then Oswald was already out of sight looking from the stairway.

Unless he walked past the window from hall (ie from the front stairs).

I don't think it happened. Baker's story is an invention.
John Mooney

Sun 29 Sep 2013, 11:02 pm
I just read Roy Truly's testimony.

I think we have more sleight of hand!

"Prayer Man" on the Education Forum - Page 19 Fiv6

"No".

Wrong Roy. It's the post, and the same table is up against it as in the SS reconstruction.

I wonder what the view from the stairs really looked like.
John Mooney

Sun 29 Sep 2013, 11:49 pm
I think I can mark on the floor plan with a resonable degree of certainty where the pillar is.

"Prayer Man" on the Education Forum - Page 19 J7tg

Because if you look at the floor plans of the other floors (the 6th is the best example), the pillars line up with the brickwork between windows. Which makes sense if the building was constructed as a box girder type internal support building.

Has anyone ever taken a picture from the top of the stairs because I've a feeling the view is either partially or wholly blocked.
John Mooney

Mon 30 Sep 2013, 12:09 am
You have to wonder why the Commission didn't show Truly this picture instead of CE 498:

"Prayer Man" on the Education Forum - Page 19 Pict_essay_thomasbugfritz_5_vestibuledoor_lrg

You would almost suspect that with CE 498 they were trying to give the impression that that was Baker's view of the door.

I've searched and I can't find any pictures taken from Baker's position.

Mon 30 Sep 2013, 11:12 am
John Mooney wrote:You have to wonder why the Commission didn't show Truly this picture instead of CE 498:

"Prayer Man" on the Education Forum - Page 19 Pict_essay_thomasbugfritz_5_vestibuledoor_lrg

You would almost suspect that with CE 498 they were trying to give the impression that that was Baker's view of the door.

I've searched and I can't find any pictures taken from Baker's position.
This would have been LHO's view of the door had he actually come down the stairs. If as Sean has suggested he heard someone coming up he would have gone through the door and ducked to his left not the right, to avoid being seen. If after Truly passed he then decided to go back to the stairs just as Baker was coming up, he would have been behind Baker in the window and the only way Baker could have seen him was if he had eyes in the back of his head.
John Mooney

Mon 30 Sep 2013, 4:24 pm
That well may have been Baker's view for a split second as he was following Truly. it would have been almost immediately blocked as he turned left.

I am very suspicious of Belin's leading questions to Truly about Commission Exhibit 498. Surely Belin had seen all the pictures and Truly knew that was the post?

It's as if they want us to think that's the way Baker walked (towards the door) and the path was clear.

What if there was stock in the way and blocking the view.  The SS reconstruction has a different configuration of boxes and they appear to be nearer the table.

Something was going on here.
ianlloyd

Mon 30 Sep 2013, 6:02 pm
The question from Belin seems to be rather disingenuous. I suspect he knew it was a pillar otherwise why ask such a a direct and specific question about it? Perhaps it was realised that it compromised Baker's story, and somehow or another he had to get it on the record from Truly that it was not a pillar. Showing Truly the cropped photograph was therefore a pre-requisite and Truly could always honestly claim afterwards, if he was asked, that he was genuinely mistaken (which, by the way, he may well have been).
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum