REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ROKC IS NOW CLOSED AND IS READ ONLY. WE THANK THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US OVER THE LAST 14 YEARS.

Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
Brian says...Sat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 pmEd.Ledoux
last drinks before the bar closesSat 30 Dec 2023, 2:46 pmTony Krome
The Mystery of Dirk Thomas KunertSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:23 pmTony Krome
Vickie AdamsSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:14 pmgreg_parker
Busted again: Tex ItaliaSat 30 Dec 2023, 9:22 amEd.Ledoux
The Raleigh CallSat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 ambarto
Was Oswald ever confronted with the physical rifle?Sat 30 Dec 2023, 12:03 amCastroSimp
Who Dat? Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:24 pmTony Krome
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
Keywords

9  hosty  doyle  Weigman  +Lankford  4  2  11  Lankford  Mason  frazier  beckley  fritz  Floor  zapruder  Theory  paine  tippit  3a  tsbd  Lifton  prayer  Humor  Darnell  David  3  

Like/Tweet/+1

"Prayer Man" on the Education Forum

+27
greg_parker
Eastern Spotted Skunk
steely_dan
Vinny
cavalier973
Mick_Purdy
Colin_Crow
TerryWMartin
StanDane
Jake_Sykes
Goban_Saor
Hasan Yusuf
Ray Mitcham
Faroe Islander
Mark A. O'Blazney
Marlene Zenker
AllenLowe
John Mooney
Frankie Vegas
Albert Rossi
Admin_2
Redfern
dwdunn(akaDan)
James DiEugenio
Robert Charles-Dunne
beowulf
ianlloyd
31 posters
Go down
ianlloyd

"Prayer Man" on the Education Forum - Page 31 Empty "Prayer Man" on the Education Forum

Wed 21 Aug 2013, 5:02 pm
First topic message reminder :

As I am not a member of the EF, I cannot post there but there is an interesting discussion going on there at the moment regarding a figure in the TSBD doorway generally referred to as "Prayer Man" due to the apparent position of his hands, seemingly clasped in front of his chest as if in prayer.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=20354

I recall this person being discussed somewhere many years ago and was referred to as "Prayer Man" pretty much from the outset but I cannot recall where it originated, maybe on Lancer?

Anyway, the reason for this post is that, upon looking closely at the various photographs and movie clips presented as part of the discussion, it struck me that his hands don't seem to move from the "prayer" position for what seems to be quite some time. Was he holding something, I wonder? If so, it seems an odd way to hold whatever it was.

TerryWMartin
TerryWMartin
http://martianpublishing.com

"Prayer Man" on the Education Forum - Page 31 Empty Re: "Prayer Man" on the Education Forum

Tue 07 Jan 2014, 8:44 am
Looks like Stan has branched out in his comic-bombing of more than one thread.

BTW what was this thread about before Stan got me laughing so hard I can't think.

Faroe Islander

"Prayer Man" on the Education Forum - Page 31 Empty Re: "Prayer Man" on the Education Forum

Tue 21 Jan 2014, 6:36 am
hope there is more to come in this thread
Mick_Purdy
Mick_Purdy

"Prayer Man" on the Education Forum - Page 31 Empty Brennan

Thu 30 Jan 2014, 10:49 am
Lee Farley wrote:Bear in mind that we have certain footage of the TSBD exterior perhaps going astray post-assassination if we place any sort of faith in the testimony of Howard Leslie Brennan:

Mr. BELIN. Now, are these accurate or approximate locations, Mr. Brennan? 
Mr. BRENNAN. Well, don't you have photographs of me talking to the Secret Service men right here? 
Mr. BELIN. I don't believe so. 
Mr. BRENNAN. You should have. It was on television before I got home my wife saw it. 
Mr. BELIN. On television? 
Mr. BRENNAN. Yes. 
Mr. BELIN. At this time we do not have them. 
Do you remember what station they were on television? 
Mr. BRENNAN. No. But they had it. And I called I believe Mr. Lish who requested that he cut those films or get them cut of the FBI. I believe you might know about them. Somebody cut those films, because a number of times later the same films were shown, and that part was cut. 
Mr. BELIN. Who would Mr. Lish be with? 

Mr. BRENNAN. The FBI. 
Mr. BELIN. All right. 
We thank you very much for that information. 
This to me, this is an utterly fantastic find Lee, I don't know where and how you keep finding these little gems but they just keep on giving.
Mick_Purdy
Mick_Purdy

Fri 31 Jan 2014, 4:40 pm
Would that be Special agent Robert Lish FBI

"Prayer Man" on the Education Forum - Page 31 Byp_211
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin
http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Fri 31 Jan 2014, 4:55 pm
Mick Purdy wrote:Would that be Special agent Robert Lish FBI
It would indeed be, Mick.

The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

https://gregrparker.com
Faroe Islander

Sat 22 Mar 2014, 10:10 am
bump

Thu 01 May 2014, 10:58 pm
This past winter, since I had some time, I read through the PM threads several times and downloaded about 150 pages to get a better handle on Sean Murphy's work. For the Darnell image and the Fritz/Bookhout notes he deserves lavish praise. But the third part of his work, on the Truly & Baker west elevator ride and related issues, I had some problems with. This third part hasn't been addressed yet, in the critical community, and warrants some feedback. I touch on this in the lunchroom essay. There are a couple of flaws in the thesis that seem to render it fatal, in my opinion. In any case it needs serious tightening up.

I have an antithetical take on the elevators that I first brought out in The Elevator Escape Theory. Much better information and analysis has come out through the Archives, the Barry Ernest book, and the forums that I'm in the process of putting together in a long essay. Unfortunately that won't be ready until several months from now. I've only got about 15 pages done of a projected 50. The text is basically in my head, and will come out in gobs, but the obstacles of incorporating pictures into the flow of it is a continual learning curve. No telling when I'll resolve computer techie issues. The basics of the thesis, that JD took the killers down in the west, still rings true. I first saw the idea in my mind in 2003, walking away after reading JD's testimony in a musty Warren volume in a college library, and brick-by-brick have been assembling it.

The way Sean's work was received shows the immense amount of interest the research community has in the TSBD building. He certainly reignited the flame. But a sharply-honed sword of critique must be used to test the results of his work.

greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Tue 13 May 2014, 12:07 pm
The recently joined member who has an interest in PM is Linda Giovanna Zambanini. Linda has contacted me to let me know she has been doing further work on it, and wants to post it all at once rather than piecemeal. She estimates she should be ready in a couple of days.

Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

StanDane
StanDane
https://prayermanleeharveyoswald.blogspot.com/

Tue 13 May 2014, 12:37 pm
greg parker wrote:The recently joined member who has an interest in PM is Linda Giovanna Zambanini. Linda has contacted me to let me know she has been doing further work on it, and wants to post it all at once rather than piecemeal. She estimates she should be ready in a couple of days.
Looking forward to it! Welcome aboard Linda!
StanDane
StanDane

Mon 19 May 2014, 4:17 pm
While I anxiously wait for Linda to show us her work, I placed this Allen crop image taken not long after the assassination next to a PM crop. Just wanted to compare perspectives, heights because I want something to do. 

The woman behind the glass on the left side in the Allen image looks like Sandra Styles to me. She also provides a rough estimation of height in that location. If the woman right next to her is Vicki Adams, that might make sense because I understand she was short and petite (I'm just guessing here). 

It's hard to tell if Oswaldstanding outside as PMis on the top step or not. Could be down one step, but I don't know if he's back in the corner either. His height was 5 feet 8 inches, so that's a benchmark to keep in mind.

Consider this post a thread bump.

"Prayer Man" on the Education Forum - Page 31 Allen_10 

Colin_Crow
Colin_Crow

Tue 20 May 2014, 6:52 am
Stan, I did an estimate of PM's height a while back using Frazier as a guide. It turned out at about 5’8”.
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Tue 20 May 2014, 6:55 am
Colin Crow wrote:Stan, I did an estimate of PM's height a while back using Frazier as a guide. It turned out at about 5’8”.
Which is about right for Oswald, no? Especially considering most people straighten the back fully when being measured...

Me

Don Jeffries

Colin_Crow
Colin_Crow

Tue 20 May 2014, 10:15 pm
greg parker wrote:
Colin Crow wrote:Stan, I did an estimate of PM's height a while back using Frazier as a guide. It turned out at about 5’8”.
Which is about right for Oswald, no? Especially considering most people straighten the back fully when being measured...
It would be safe to say it is not inconsistent with Oswald.

Wed 21 May 2014, 7:48 am
"Prayer Man" on the Education Forum - Page 31 Allen_10

Is the short bloke stood to Buell Wesley Frazier's left on the top step, wearing a hat, a contender for Roy Truly?  This guy certainly is in a great position for Baker's approach.  Don't know whether its just pixelated but it looks to me like he's right against the doors and the doors may be being held open. 

If it is, and it is Oswald there too -- it would certainly be incredibly "ironic" that the only two people's names given to the Dallas Police by Truly after the assassination were:

Lee Harvey Oswald
and
Buell Wesley Frazier

Truly told them Oswald came to work with Frazier and this was, I believe, the catalyst for the Frazier manhunt that afternoon -- and not the official story that Linnie Mae Randle told the Irving police about Frazier and the curtain rods story.
StanDane
StanDane

Wed 21 May 2014, 2:06 pm
Hello Goodbye wrote:"Prayer Man" on the Education Forum - Page 31 Allen_10
I think I'm with you on the camera, Lee. When I started following the PM thread last year, my first thought was that Oswald was holding a camera by the way his hands were positioned. Then the talk shifted to coke bottles, apples and sandwiches and I dropped it. Who really knows, but what you had to say on the Alternative Lunchroom Encounter thread earlier made me rethink this.

"Prayer Man" on the Education Forum - Page 31 Imperi10 

When I look at the way this woman holds the camera, Oswald's hands, while not cupping the camera on the bottom (apparently), are on each side of whatever it is he's holding similar to this woman (although she's holding the camera lower here, so the hands may drop accordingly).

We'll see how close we are when Linda chimes in.

Wed 21 May 2014, 5:15 pm
The Imperial Reflex isn't the ideal camera to use from the position PM was in. Oswald would have had to negotiate people being in front of him due to the nature of how you would need to operate the camera from waist height while looking down at the viewfinder. You can't use it from eye level. Just a thought.

Wed 21 May 2014, 8:46 pm
It's a good thought, Paul.

But just because he was stuck at the back of the crowd of people on the steps this doesn't mean he can't use the camera.  It just might mean he couldn't operate the camera at the waist.

Nothing stopping him lifting the camera further toward his chin and taking shots - and still look in the viewfinder.  He could also lift it over his head although if he this he wouldn't be certain of the framing involved - unless he really understood the camera angles given the IR lens and could compensate for them.

I'm sure most of us have taken photographs without looking through a camera's viewfinder.

Thu 22 May 2014, 1:24 am
Am I right remembering that there has been discussion centred around a flash of light appearing on the TSBD steps in one of the home movie films before?

Or have I made this up?
StanDane
StanDane

Thu 22 May 2014, 1:53 am
Hello Goodbye wrote:Am I right remembering that there has been discussion centred around a flash of light appearing on the TSBD steps in one of the home movie films before?

Or have I made this up?
Lee: 

Back on page 6 of this thread, mid-way down the page, you introduce the idea of PM holding a camera. On page 9, fourth post down, you discuss it more. Then, beginning on the last post on page 10 and continuing on, there is much general discussion about what could be causing the point ("flash") of light seen in the Wiegman images. 

I remember this fairly well because this is around the time I joined the forum.
TerryWMartin
TerryWMartin

Thu 22 May 2014, 1:54 am
Hello Goodbye wrote:Am I right remembering that there has been discussion centred around a flash of light appearing on the TSBD steps in one of the home movie films before?

Or have I made this up?

Lee,

I recall reading something about that on the Ed Forum thread. Personally I did not see much of a flash but there was a something lighter at that point.

I wish I could pinpoint it but I am at work at the moment.  Crying or Very sad

TerryWMartin

Thu 22 May 2014, 1:58 am
I also recall someone commenting it was probably the Sun reflecting off the glass of the soda bottle.

That is, if it was a soda in his hands.

StanDane

Thu 22 May 2014, 2:45 am
beowulf (7 Sept 2013) wrote:Wow, great catch by Sean in Robin's high-res pic of Prayer Man (aka Lee?) and Frazier.
http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=20354&page=42#entry277622

Now THIS, as they say, is actionable intel.
There's one crime that never has a statute of limitation, murder. Dallas DA could have grand jury call Frazier in next week and read him the aggravated perjury statute but note it only applies to what he says now. He's immune from prosecution for any past perjury because of the statute of limitation on that crime at both the state and federal level.

Ask him two questions: Is this you in photo?  Is this Lee Oswald in the photo? Depending on his answers to those, proceed accordingly.
Still think this is "actionable intel," beowulf? If so, how do we get a grand jury to pull in Frazier and confront him directly with this?
beowulf

Thu 22 May 2014, 3:05 am
Frazier is now on the record (via Gary Mack) that he doesn't recognize the guy who looks like Frazier to be himself.
"We" don't get to pull people before the grand jury, its up to the DA to do so. In fact, since the statute of limitations has expired on all federal crimes and all state or federal lawsuits, the only way the case can be pursued is through either the Dallas DA or, I I suppose, the Texas AG (not sure what the rules are there for him to step into a local case) on the state murder charge, which has no SoL.  If the DA wished, he could call Frazier into the grand jury room at any time.  I doubt Frazier will ever get that summons.
Its a pity that Robin's clear shot showing Frazier standing next to PM only popped up  49 years and 10 months after the assassination. It certainly would have come in handy for Jim Garrison when HE had Frazier under oath.

EDIT:  Garrison was investigating conspiracy to murder, which only needed one act to occur in his jurisdiction.  Not sure about Louisiana, but conspiracy charges usually have a SoL. At federal level, for example, its 8 years, so the clock has probably run out for a New Orleans DA to pick up the mantle.
StanDane
StanDane

Thu 22 May 2014, 3:15 am
beowulf wrote:Frazier is now on the record (via Gary Mack) that he doesn't recognize the guy who looks like Frazier to be himself.
"We" don't get to pull people before the grand jury, its up to the DA to do so. In fact, since the statute of limitations has expired on all federal crimes and all state or federal lawsuits, the only way the case can be pursued is through either the Dallas DA or, I I suppose, the Texas AG (not sure what the rules are there for him to step into a local case) on the state murder charge, which has no SoL.  If the DA wished, he could call Frazier into the grand jury room at any time.  I doubt Frazier will ever get that summons.
Its a pity that Robin's clear shot showing Frazier standing next to PM only popped up  49 years and 10 months after the assassination. It certainly would have come in handy for Jim Garrison when HE had Frazier under oath.

EDIT:  Garrison was investigating conspiracy to murder, which only needed one act to occur in his jurisdiction.  Not sure about Louisiana, but conspiracy charges usually have a SoL. At federal level, for example, its 8 years, so the clock has probably run out for a New Orleans DA to pick up the mantle.
I was loosey goosey with my words (I should know better when addressing an attorney). What I meant to say was could "we" show a DA the photo evidence so he himself could see Frazier standing right where he said he was standing per Frazier's own testimony, and then have Frazier brought in to state for the record (Gary Mack's word doesn't cut it for me) if he could recognize himself?

If we ever hope get this thing into the legal area, we're going to have to convince the right people we got something. We got anything better than Prayer Man?

Or are we hosed?
beowulf

Thu 22 May 2014, 3:24 am
"If we ever hope get this thing into the legal area, we're going to have to convince the right people we got something. We got anything better than Prayer Man?
Or are we hosed?"

Serving as District Attorney is sort of like being on the city council, its usually a stepping stone job to something bigger-- mayor, judge, congressman, etc. The DA could be approached with this but I'm sure he's already been approached by local poohbahs who've told him that if he wants to move up he needs to let sleeping dogs lie. That sounds cynical but someone like Jim Garrison--- who was willing to jump into this case with both feet, politics be damned-- is a rare bird.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum