Choose Search Type
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» ROKC Lampoon
Today at 4:14 pm by Stan Dane

» Shirley Temple is Prayer Man According to Duncan McRae
Today at 2:01 pm by steely dan

» Prayer Man Vs Sasquatch
Today at 1:23 pm by steely dan

» The Bold and the Italics
Yesterday at 9:06 am by greg parker

» The Eighth Naval District
Thu 08 Dec 2016, 11:33 pm by Hasan Yusuf

» Send Lawyers Guns & Money Pt2
Thu 08 Dec 2016, 8:08 pm by barto

» Send Lawyers Guns & Money Pt1
Thu 08 Dec 2016, 11:58 am by barto

» JFK Assassination
Thu 08 Dec 2016, 7:15 am by jack ferguson

» Lifton on his "new evidence"
Thu 08 Dec 2016, 4:47 am by steely dan

Log in

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Furl  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds


Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 


Affiliates
free forum
 



Discussing other forums...

Post new topic   Reply to topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Discussing other forums...

Post by ianlloyd on Thu 05 Sep 2013, 6:11 am

I see that some threads are being used to make comments about other forums and other "researchers".

Can the threads be used to discuss the topic of the thread, not slag off other forums and researchers otherwise this excellent forum is just going to become the same thing as the forums that are being "discussed". It's just setting us up for a fall.

This is a great forum and it's one of only 2 that I am happy to be a member of, and I wouldn't like to feel that I want to leave. I joined another one a few years ago that was great for a while but went downhill due to disrespect and I deleted my membership and haven't even looked at it since.

Let's remember what the forum is for and concentrate on research then nobody else can disrespect us (not that's I'm anything like a researcher compared to most of the other members here, I just have a passing interest).

Also, let's make sure we all respect each other!!

Hopefully,

Ian

ianlloyd

Posts : 151
Join date : 2010-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussing other forums...

Post by Hasan Yusuf on Thu 05 Sep 2013, 7:42 am

I think you make an excellent point, Ian. What I might do tomorrow is move the recent discussions of other forums into a separate thread. Pending approval by Greg.

Hasan Yusuf

Posts : 1785
Join date : 2013-03-13
Age : 28
Location : Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

View user profile http://jfkthelonegunmanmyth.blogspot.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussing other forums...

Post by greg parker on Thu 05 Sep 2013, 9:41 am

Hasan,

you don't need my approval. I gave you and Richard unconditional keys to run this place.

That said... I'll repeat what I've said before (into the issue raised). I don't mind members letting off steam about what has happened to them elsewhere. I have done it. What I would not like to see is for anyone to continue on with it. I'd prefer members just got it out of their system, then let it go and move on.

It's a two-edged sword. Continuous slagging off has the danger Ian suggests, but from my pov, so does a heavy-handed response to it.

I can't think of any contributing member who is not deserving of all the following: respect, the chance to vent and - the chance to contribute in an environment conducive to sharing research and raw data and achieving personal or group aims with the results.

_________________
Mixing Pop and Politics he asks me what the use is
I offer him embarrassment and my usual excuses
While looking down the corridor
Out to where the van is waiting
I'm looking for the Great Leap Forward

            Billy Bragg
-----------------------------
 Australians don't mind criminals: It's successful bullshit artists we despise. 
             Lachie Hulme            
-----------------------------
The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

greg parker
Admin

Posts : 3453
Join date : 2009-08-21
Age : 58
Location : Orange, NSW, Australia

View user profile http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussing other forums...

Post by Hasan Yusuf on Thu 05 Sep 2013, 9:46 am

Thanks, Greg. And I agree with everything you said.

Hasan Yusuf

Posts : 1785
Join date : 2013-03-13
Age : 28
Location : Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

View user profile http://jfkthelonegunmanmyth.blogspot.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussing other forums...

Post by ianlloyd on Thu 05 Sep 2013, 4:08 pm

greg parker wrote:Hasan,

you don't need my approval. I gave you and Richard unconditional keys to run this place.

That said... I'll repeat what I've said before (into the issue raised). I don't mind members letting off steam about what has happened to them elsewhere. I have done it. What I would not like to see is for anyone to continue on with it. I'd prefer members just got it out of their system, then let it go and move on.

It's a two-edged sword. Continuous slagging off has the danger Ian suggests, but from my pov, so does a heavy-handed response to it.

I can't think of any contributing member who is not deserving of all the following: respect, the chance to vent and - the chance to contribute in an environment conducive to sharing research and raw data and achieving personal or group aims with the results.
Hi Greg, I agree wholeheartedly. I suspect that all members are "grown-ups" and will act as such, just in the right place. Personally, I don't see why anyone would want to criticise another forum/researcher here, particularly in the middle of a thread which could end up derailing it as we see on other sites - just get on with research & discussion.

If it's that important, perhaps set up another forum for it? Maybe the title could be "Criticism of other forums and researchers."?

ianlloyd

Posts : 151
Join date : 2010-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussing other forums...

Post by greg parker on Thu 05 Sep 2013, 5:49 pm

ianlloyd wrote:
greg parker wrote:Hasan,

you don't need my approval. I gave you and Richard unconditional keys to run this place.

That said... I'll repeat what I've said before (into the issue raised). I don't mind members letting off steam about what has happened to them elsewhere. I have done it. What I would not like to see is for anyone to continue on with it. I'd prefer members just got it out of their system, then let it go and move on.

It's a two-edged sword. Continuous slagging off has the danger Ian suggests, but from my pov, so does a heavy-handed response to it.

I can't think of any contributing member who is not deserving of all the following: respect, the chance to vent and - the chance to contribute in an environment conducive to sharing research and raw data and achieving personal or group aims with the results.
Hi Greg, I agree wholeheartedly. I suspect that all members are "grown-ups" and will act as such, just in the right place. Personally, I don't see why anyone would want to criticise another forum/researcher here, particularly in the middle of a thread which could end up derailing it as we see on other sites - just get on with research & discussion.

If it's that important, perhaps set up another forum for it? Maybe the title could be "Criticism of other forums and researchers."?
Ian,

generally, I think such things only derail threads where someone gets defensive, or the thread itself has run out of steam, otherwise things tend to get back on track (sooner or later!) There may be instances also where personalities can play a part e.g. it is a dominant personality who starts the venting, and others take that lead and follow suit. 

Whatever, genuine grievances sometimes need to be aired, and if it's no longer viable to to do it at the site under discussion, then I'm okay with it happening here - to an extent. 

Feedback posted here and received privately tells me that people are genuinely happy with this forum - that members are respected and treated like adults with more than two firing brain cells; and that the quality of the work done here is up there with the best.

As one person put it - there is a "real buzz" about the place at the moment. I have confidence that distractions on side or personal issues will not get anywhere near being a dominant feature. But it does have a place in small doses. We are all human. 

What I do want avoid is going down the path of having a list of rules because then you have to apply them with unremitting force or face charges of bias. And it becomes a parlour game for some in working out how to subvert "the rules" and get away with it.

I'm sure as such issues come up (regarding other forums), those participating in the thread can get things back on track without too much bloodshed!

That said, you are more than welcome to contact me, Hasan or Richard with future specific examples that you believe could be handled better.

There is no one here I want to lose, and that includes you.  It may be a fine balancing act, but we're up for it.

_________________
Mixing Pop and Politics he asks me what the use is
I offer him embarrassment and my usual excuses
While looking down the corridor
Out to where the van is waiting
I'm looking for the Great Leap Forward

            Billy Bragg
-----------------------------
 Australians don't mind criminals: It's successful bullshit artists we despise. 
             Lachie Hulme            
-----------------------------
The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

greg parker
Admin

Posts : 3453
Join date : 2009-08-21
Age : 58
Location : Orange, NSW, Australia

View user profile http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussing other forums...

Post by ianlloyd on Thu 05 Sep 2013, 5:57 pm

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your considered response.

I agree that rules are not the best thing - as I said previously, I'd like to think the members here are all adult enough to manage ourselves without recourse to making a list of rules that, as you say, others may see as a challenge.

I was just concerned that the slippery slope may arrive sooner rather than later if we're not careful.

Let's see how it goes and fingers crossed!!!

Regards,

Ian

ianlloyd

Posts : 151
Join date : 2010-03-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussing other forums...

Post by JFKannie on Mon 16 Dec 2013, 4:04 pm

I just joined so I am not sure I am posting this correctly or in the right place.
I just wanted to say that I agree with the original post in this thread pertaining to dissing other forums
When I first started online in the late 90s I found the Education Forum.
I was impressed with the way it utilized hyperlinks and was the first JFK Wiki
I hoped that it would become a strong antidote to McAdams site that was already well established .
It did not, Instead by taking the all views are welcome no matter how outlandish or long ago disproved these views were they were given storage space in the archive and can now still be accessed by newcomers to this case.
Endless debate that led nowhere has resulted in exactly what the psyche memo instructed media assets to do, paint the critics as unable to agree on any point and unable to apply critical thinking skills and married to their personal theory or financially motivated.
If every forum simply becomes members banning other members and defecting to different forums only to endlessly discuss past forums it will soon drive away any one new to this case seeking any valuable unbiased information.
Newcomers will be sick of listening to us within 1 visit to the forum, I am sick of listening to us after 20 years and I have the patience of Job . 
WE have to remember that this is not about any one opinion or any group think or any book or expert researcher or whose camp you are in or who gets picked first for Dodge Ball
This is about a lie that settled over each and every life that ever heard it.
This is about a lie that left a legacy of fear and blood on each of our hands. 
This is about a lie that darkened the soul of our nation and our shared world.
We have the chance to build something truly remarkable and valuable.
We have the chance to reclaim our history and the very soul of our nation.
The question is not can we , The original critics already showed us that we certainly can.
The question is Will we......

JFKannie
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Discussing other forums...

Post by greg parker on Tue 17 Dec 2013, 10:15 am

JFKannie wrote:I just joined so I am not sure I am posting this correctly or in the right place.
I just wanted to say that I agree with the original post in this thread pertaining to dissing other forums
When I first started online in the late 90s I found the Education Forum.
I was impressed with the way it utilized hyperlinks and was the first JFK Wiki
I hoped that it would become a strong antidote to McAdams site that was already well established .
It did not, Instead by taking the all views are welcome no matter how outlandish or long ago disproved these views were they were given storage space in the archive and can now still be accessed by newcomers to this case.
Endless debate that led nowhere has resulted in exactly what the psyche memo instructed media assets to do, paint the critics as unable to agree on any point and unable to apply critical thinking skills and married to their personal theory or financially motivated.
If every forum simply becomes members banning other members and defecting to different forums only to endlessly discuss past forums it will soon drive away any one new to this case seeking any valuable unbiased information.
Newcomers will be sick of listening to us within 1 visit to the forum, I am sick of listening to us after 20 years and I have the patience of Job . 
WE have to remember that this is not about any one opinion or any group think or any book or expert researcher or whose camp you are in or who gets picked first for Dodge Ball
This is about a lie that settled over each and every life that ever heard it.
This is about a lie that left a legacy of fear and blood on each of our hands. 
This is about a lie that darkened the soul of our nation and our shared world.
We have the chance to build something truly remarkable and valuable.
We have the chance to reclaim our history and the very soul of our nation.
The question is not can we , The original critics already showed us that we certainly can.
The question is Will we......
Andrea, thanks for the feedback. I think we're in basic agreement here. Welcome to the forum and I hope to see you posting when you have the time and inclination.

_________________
Mixing Pop and Politics he asks me what the use is
I offer him embarrassment and my usual excuses
While looking down the corridor
Out to where the van is waiting
I'm looking for the Great Leap Forward

            Billy Bragg
-----------------------------
 Australians don't mind criminals: It's successful bullshit artists we despise. 
             Lachie Hulme            
-----------------------------
The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

greg parker
Admin

Posts : 3453
Join date : 2009-08-21
Age : 58
Location : Orange, NSW, Australia

View user profile http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussing other forums...

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:41 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic
 
Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum