REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ROKC IS NOW CLOSED AND IS READ ONLY. WE THANK THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US OVER THE LAST 14 YEARS.

Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
Brian says...Sat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 pmEd.Ledoux
last drinks before the bar closesSat 30 Dec 2023, 2:46 pmTony Krome
The Mystery of Dirk Thomas KunertSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:23 pmTony Krome
Vickie AdamsSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:14 pmgreg_parker
Busted again: Tex ItaliaSat 30 Dec 2023, 9:22 amEd.Ledoux
The Raleigh CallSat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 ambarto
Was Oswald ever confronted with the physical rifle?Sat 30 Dec 2023, 12:03 amCastroSimp
Who Dat? Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:24 pmTony Krome
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
Keywords

paine  Humor  beckley  +Lankford  9  3a  frazier  David  2  Lifton  prayer  Theory  Weigman  Mason  doyle  hosty  tsbd  Lankford  3  fritz  tippit  Darnell  11  zapruder  Floor  4  

Like/Tweet/+1

The Case of the Nuisance Phone Calls Redux

+6
barto
Albert Rossi
Robert Charles-Dunne
StanDane
greg_parker
Mark A. O'Blazney
10 posters
Go down

The Case of the Nuisance Phone Calls Redux Empty The Case of the Nuisance Phone Calls Redux

Sat 14 Dec 2013, 3:29 am
In 2011 I started a thread on the Education Forum that focused on a long neglected assassination story.  The thread received little attention which truly surprised me because I believed the story had some areas that could have shone some light on the wider assassination story.  When I first stumbled upon it the language contained in the FBI documents had familiar hallmarks that I had seen in other documents related to other witnesses when what the witness was saying was not what the FBI wanted to hear.  The witness who was at the centre of the story, a man named Marion Meharg, very quickly became the victim of counter allegations from a variety of different people and, in my opinion, had his initial observations that he relayed to the police on the evening of 11/22/63 buried under an avalanche of criticism and possible harassment.  I always felt there was more to this story and I have believed in Marion Meharg the way I have always believed in Lee Harvey Oswald.

The story is quite a long one and I ask that members here just digest what I am about to present because there is a small new development in the story that I want to share with everybody that could shed new light on why Marion Meharg became a target for authorities after the assassination rather than a witness.  I promise that if you haven't read this story before, and you keep an open mind, you will find it thought provoking and very interesting.  It starts with an observation made by Marion Meharg minutes after the assassination of President Kennedy which places him in Dealey Plaza at 12:30pm that afternoon and it soon develops into a story that brings into the fold some of the key assassination witnesses who we can prove are abject liars but who were favoured over a man who was portrayed as a serial nuisance caller who suffered from mental problems.

The links in the following do not work but I will ensure I replace them as soon as I get a chance.  Enjoy, and I hope you can help me develop this story further when I post what the new development is concerning the sad story of Marion Meharg:

The Case of the Nuisance Phone Calls

"That station wagon belongs to Mrs. Ruth Paine. Don't try to tie her into this. Lee Harvey Oswald, November 22nd, 1963

On December 2nd, 1963, FBI Special Agent Alfred C. Ellington received a phone call. The caller, who allegedly didnt give his name, claimed that on the afternoon of November 22nd, 1963, within minutes of the assassination of the President, he “…observed a man come out of the Texas School Book Depository building, jump off the loading dockrun across Houston Street and get into a 1956 green and white Chevrolet station wagon [and] that he further observed the license number on this vehicle and believes the first four digits were PW 17.

The callers name was Marion Meharg and the call would become a long forgotten but incredibly strange by-story to the events of November 22nd, 1963.

Marion B. Meharg was born in Terrell, Texas, on the 7th of April 1912 and was divorced from a woman named Mildred. The 51 year old had two children with her, both boys, as well as two step-daughters and the separation by all accounts was a messy one. Marion Meharg wanted custody of his boys and in November 1963 was calling his ex-mother-in-law to try and establish where his children were. Mildred Meharg had remarried in September, 1963, to a man named David Leon Miller.

Mildreds mother when interviewed by the FBI painted a very unfavourable picture of Meharg. The mother of Mildred Meharg was called Mrs. B. K. (Bernice) Click. A surname that will strongly resonate with seasoned JFK researchers and is a curiosity that I personally find quite intriguing. Click told authorities that Meharg had threatened her daughter and had threatened to kill himself. The FBI immediately took Mrs. Click at her word and put Meharg down as a suicide risk with no further investigation into these threats needed.

When reading the FBI Special Agent interviews relating to Marion Meharg we are left with the impression that the first time Meharg contacted any investigation body regarding what he saw at the rear of the TSBD was in early December, 1963. However, Mehargs telephone call to SA Ellington that detailed a man leaving the rear of the TSBD and getting into a 1956 Chevrolet Station Wagon was not the first time he made contact with the authorities. Marion Meharg first called the Dallas Police Department several times on the night of the assassination to tell them the same story; albeit anonymously.

Alveeta Treon (of the John Hurt note story) was interviewed by Harold Rose of the HSCA in 1978 and she told Rose the following:

Alveeta Treon, who worked as a telephone operator at Dallas City Hall on Nov. 22, 1963, had told me [HSCA investigator Harold Rose] on a prior occasion that on the night of the assassination, a man called the Dallas Police Department several times and wanted to report that there was a second assassin but she said that the P.D. dismissed it as a prank call. Mrs. Treon told me that she copied the information down and would try to locate it and call me. On this date [5/15/78], she called and stated that the man that called never gave his name, but he gave the name of the man that he said was the second assassin. The mans name was David Miller and that he fired the second shot. He carried the rifle with him when he exited out of the rear of the TSBD. David Miller then left in a car bearing Texas license plates T W 1784. This car was reportedly listed to David Millers wife Mildred. Mrs. Treon stated that the original notes she took are in her hand writing and we have them if we wanted.

The story of Marion Meharg developed over a five month period with a series of ever bizarre phone calls to a whole host of different people.

Let us delve into how the story evolved.

Meharg allegedly called the Dallas Police on the evening of the assassination to tell them that he saw a man leave the rear of the Texas School Book Depository building. He named the man as David Miller and that he fired the second shot. Miller left with the weapon in a car bearing Texas license plate TW 1784. Meharg, we are told, did not leave his name.

We all know that Roger Craig had been talking to members of the Dallas Police Department on the evening of the assassination about his sighting of a man fitting Oswalds description leaving the TSBD in a light colored Nash Rambler Station Wagon, yet Alveeta Treon who took the call from the anonymous tipster said that the DPD put the anonymous call down as a prank.

On December 2nd Marion Meharg allegedly called SA Albert Ellington of the Dallas FBI and told him that he saw a man leave the TSBD after jumping down from the loading dock and leave in a 1956 green and white Chevrolet Station Wagon on Houston Street. The first four digits of the license plate numbers being PW 17. Once again, Meharg did not leave his name.

On December 5th, 1963, the FBI went and interviewed a Miss Linda Freeman at 6205 Silvery Moon Drive. Freeman was the step-daughter of Kenneth Dowdy who lived at the Silvery Moon address. Dowdy was a friend of David Leon Miller who had married Marion Mehargs ex-wife Mildred. Freeman advised the FBI that David Miller had resided with them at the address for about one week several months ago. She further advised that both David and Marion Miller had since departed and were believed to be travelling out of the State of Texas. Freeman stated she had not seen Mildred or David in at least a month. This is quite strange interview because the calls, up to this point in time, had not been followed up and we are told the caller was anonymous.

On December 11th, 1963, Charles T. Brown of the Dallas FBI Office received a phone call from Marion Meharg. This time Meharg left his name and address. He inquired as to whether Agents of the FBI Office had located a green and white Chevrolet station wagon which he had previously called to the attention of this office. This I find peculiar because the previous reports of the phone calls leave the reader with the distinct impression that Meharg was reluctant to be identified. According to SA Charles Brown he was familiar with the name Marion Meharg as having made several previous calls to the office reporting on the activities of a woman driving a green and white Chevrolet station wagon. SA Brown was also cognizant of information obtained from a Mrs. Click, mother in law of Meharg, in which Mrs. Click advised Bureau agents that Meharg had for several months attempted to cause trouble for his former wife by reporting her to the Dallas Police Department on unfounded complaints. Brown finishes by advising Meharg that the Dallas Office had no information for release concerning the information discussed by Meharg.

http://www.maryferre...72&relPageId=49

On December 12th, 1963, Jane Jenkins was interviewed by SA Maurice J. White. Jenkins was the fourteen year old daughter of Mehargs ex-wife Mildred and she lived with her grandmother Bernice Click in Dallas. Miss Jenkins stated that she was visiting her mother in Atlanta, Georgia, where Mildred now lived, and returned to Dallas on Sunday, November 17, 1963. Jenkins also advised that her mother still owned a 1956 Chevrolet station wagon, and still maintained Texas plates on the car. Jenkins said as far as she knew the automobile is still in Georgia and was in Georgia on November 22, 1963.

http://www.maryferre...72&relPageId=48

On the same day that Miss Jenkins was interviewed, December 12th, 1963, Bernice Click was contacted by the FBI for the first time. SA Maurice White did the interview. Once again this is a little bit strange seeing as how SA Brown knew about Mrs. Click on December 11th when Meharg called him and Browns claim that Click had contacted the FBI prior to the December 12th date. There is no report in the record that documents any phone calls or any sort of contact from Bernice Click. In Clicks interview on December 12, she stated that she is the mother of Mildred Miller who was formerly married to Marion Meharg. She advised that her daughter remarried approximately two months ago to a David Miller and moved to Atlanta, Georgia. They presently reside at 18613th Street, N.E., Apartment 2, Atlanta. Click stated that Mildreds daughters, Jane and Judy Jenkins were in Atlanta, visiting their mother on November 17, 1963 and were now staying with her at her own address of 905 Barnett in Dallas. The interviewing agent did not ask Mrs. Click why Mildreds daughters were not living with their mother. Click stated that she had been contacted by Marion Meharg on several occasions where he is attempting to locate the address of his former wife and he is attempting to regain custody of his two boys. She further stated that Meharg had in the past threatened Mildred with a knife and threatened to commit suicide. She did not know where he is presently employed and does not hold a job more than one week. She told SA White that her daughter still owned the 1956 Chevrolet station wagon. Nowhere in this interview does Click state that Meharg has been making unfounded complaints to the Dallas Police Department as is written in SA Browns report from the day before on December 11th. Click simply states Meharg was trying to locate his ex-wife because he wanted his two boys back.

http://www.maryferre...72&relPageId=49

On December 14th, 1963, the FBI finally caught up with Marion Meharg. He was interviewed by FBI Special Agents John Murrer and Maurice White. Meharg advised the agents that he resided at 2102 Village Way, Dallas, Texas with his sister Mrs. Loretta Avery. He was interviewed at his place of work, the Cooperative Delivery Service where he was employed as a mechanic. Murrer and White asked him if he was the same man who furnished information to SA Alfred Ellington on December 2nd concerning certain events taking place on the day of President Kennedys assassination in the vicinity of the TSBD and Meharg told them that he had spoken to Ellington and given him certain information.

Now, here's the strange bit. Instead of asking Meharg for all that he knew concerning the events that he claimed he saw regarding the assassination of the President of the United States, the two Special Agents instead advised Marion Meharg that to knowingly furnish false information to federal officers was a violation of federal law. He was advised that he did not have to make a statement or answer any questions, and that any statement made by him or questions answered could be used against him in a court of law. This was exactly the same tactic used by the FBI with Richard Randolph Carr on the expressed order of J. Edgar Hoover no less.  So, Meharg was advised of his right to seek legal counsel before answering any questions. He was advised again that if he now furnished information which is false and which he knew to be false, he could be prosecuted.

Meharg was then asked by the FBI Special Agents if he advised Alfred C. Ellington on December 2, 1963 as follows:

"That within a matter of minutes after President Kennedy was shot, he observed a man come out of the Texas School Book Depository loading dock at the rear of the building, run across Houston Street and get into a 1956 green and white Chevrolet station wagon; that he further observed the license number on this vehicle and believes the first four digits were PW 17. He was further asked that did his former wife not own a 1956 green and white Chevrolet station wagon with a 1963 Texas license PW 1784."

Meharg stated that he did furnish SA Ellington this information and advised that he was worried about his two boys who are in the custody of his former wife, Mildred, and id afraid she might have gotten mixed up in this affair. He stated he is sure he observed a 1956 green and white Chevrolet station wagon on Houston Street with Texas license starting with PW or PB or PF or something, and was afraid it was hers.

Meharg was asked if he made anonymous phone calls to the Dallas Office of the FBI stating that license number PW 1784 was a lead in this case and Meharg replied that he did make an anonymous call and also called the Texas Highway Patrol. Meharg said he did this because he was worried about his two sons and was afraid his wife was mixed up in some way. Meharg said he didnt want to furnish false information and repeated he was worried about his boys. He said he didnt know where his former wife was and wanted to find her and her two boys. The SAs reminded him again of federal law and furnishing false information could result in his being prosecuted.

The funny thing about this is Meharg was adamant and even with FBI threats of prosecution he reiterated he was positive he saw someone jump off the loading platform of the TSBD and get into a 1956 Chevrolet station wagon which was occupied by at least one other man and drive away. The license was similar to that of his former wife and she owned a similar described car.  In any event Meharg was claiming to be an assassination witness but the FBI were more concerned with discrediting him rather than exploring whether he was actually there in Dealey Plaza.

Meharg was asked if he called the FBI and said that a woman with a green and white Chevrolet station wagon, Texas license PW 1984 and who has hung out at the Carousel Club, was seen picking up Oswald in Irving. He did not answer this question and continued to state that he is worried about his boys.

http://www.maryferre...72&relPageId=52

There is no mention in the record prior to the Meharg FBI interview on December 14th of an anonymous call suggesting that a woman driving a 1956 green and white Chevrolet station wagon who hung out at the Carousel Club was seen picking up Oswald. It is this that set off alarm bells for me and with good reason.

On November 25th, 1963, a man (who refused to identify himself) called the Fort Worth, Texas, Resident Agency Office, stating that about the date of the Texas-Oklahoma game in Dallas, Texas, (October 12, 1963) he saw a male in a car with Margie (Last Name Unknown), a waitress at the Carousel Club. He stated Margie at that time was driving a 1956 Chevrolet 4-door, white and red in color. This male caller stated that after viewing a photograph of Lee Harvey Oswald in the paper, he was of the opinion the person in the car with Margie was Oswald. This individual said he had no other information concerning this matter. Margie had been identified as Margie Norman.

http://www.maryferre...0&relPageId=314

Margie Norman was identified and interviewed on November 29th, 1963, more than two weeks before Marion Meharg was asked about this on December 14th. So it is no wonder that Meharg did not answer this question when allegedly asked by Special Agents Murrer and White.  We will come back to this in a later post because this event is directly linked to Larry Crafard which I would like everybody to bear in mind.

http://www.maryferre...0&relPageId=315

Curiously two days after the Meharg interview, on December 16th, 1963, the FBI reported the following:

Assistant District Attorney BILL ALEXANDER, Dallas County, furnished the Dallas FBI Office with a memorandum as follows:

Mr. Wade,

We had an anonymous phone call who gave the following information on the JACK RUBY case.

This woman drives a car, PW1784, and they all left town after this killing. The womans name is Mildred. Another woman named Click who lives on South Barnett knows where this woman is. David Miller is a man who runs with Click. They are connected with Lee Oswald and also Jack Ruby.

He said not to turn this over to the FBI but to get the woman and he thinks she will squeal."

http://www.maryferre...bsPageId=701539

On December 27th, 1963, FBI SA Alfred D. Neeley went and interviewed Mrs. Bernice Click again. Mrs. Click advised that Marion Meharg telephoned her on or about December 15, 1963 [the day after he was interviewed by the FBI] saying he was sending Judy Jenkins, age 16, and Janie Jenkins, age 14, Mehargs step-daughters, Christmas gifts.

Mrs. Click stated she received three calls from Meharg and in the first two calls Meharg inquired whether the gifts had been received and she advised him they hadnt. Click said the third call from Meharg stated he had put a tracer on the packages and the Post Office Department had advised him that the FBI picked up the packages for inspection. Mrs. Click stated she was aware of the investigation being made of Meharg by the FBI but did nothing in regard to these statements at that time.

She advised that she received a long distance telephone call from her daughter, Mrs. David (Mildred) Miller, 186 13th Street N.E., Atlanta, Georgia on December 25th wanting to know if they had received her gifts to Judy and Janie Jenkins which she had sent via airmail December 22, 1963, and an airmail letter to her, Mrs. Click, containing a money order which was her Christmas gift, also mailed December 22.

Mrs. Click stated she had not received either the gifts or the letter and, therefore [for some reason], she wanted to advise the FBI of this information.

http://www.maryferre...0&relPageId=118

Now things take an unusual turn.

At 10:40 PM on January 2nd, 1964, Mr, Jerry Duncan, Duncans Humble Service Station, 1030 North Zangs Boulevard, Dallas, Texas, telephonically contacted the Dallas FBI Office and advised Night Clerk Forrest L. Lucy that his station is across the street from where Lee Harvey Oswald lived in Oak Cliff section of Dallas (1026 North Beckley).

Duncan advised that he had received a telephone call at his service station on that evening from a person who identified himself as EDWARD Miller who stated that he (Miller) had assisted Oswald in escaping from the scene of the assassination of President John Fitzgerald Kennedy on November 22, 1963.

Duncan said the caller asked him if the FBI had been talking to him and he said they had but not recently. The person said I dont want you telling the FBI I had anything to do with Oswald.

Duncan stated he told this person he did not know him and the caller replied, Yes, you do and youd better not tell anyone you know me. Duncan said the called sounded like and old man who was drunk.

The next day, January 3rd, Duncan said the same person called him again and inquired as to whom he had been talking. Duncan refused to answer and the person said Well, youd better not tell anyone anything about me. Duncan advised he asked the caller to identify himself but he refused and on this call he appeared sober.

http://www.maryferre...0&relPageId=122

Then the phone rang at 1026 North Beckley. Mrs. A. C. Johnson, who identified herself as Lee Harvey Oswalds landlady to the interviewing FBI agents, telephonically advised that one day last week [prior to the Duncan call] she received a telephone call from an unidentified man wanting to know if David Miller lived at that address. She told this person that Miller did not live there. The caller said Miller drove an old white station wagon and that he understood that Miller had lived there. Mrs. Johnson stated she thought that this was a bill collector trying to locate David Miller, and she paid no attention to the call.

Johnson stated that at about 10:30 PM on January 2nd, 1964, she started receiving calls from a person who identified himself as David Miller who claimed he was a friend of Oswald, and that she had better not report him to the FBI. She stated she did not know him and he replied, Oh, yes you do know me and youd better not report.

Mrs. Johnson stated she received intermittent calls from this same person until 12:30 AM on January 3rd and she took the phone off the hook to get some rest.

Mrs. Johnson stated the person calling sounded intelligent and did not appear to her to be drinking. She advised that she and her husband got up early and went to their café and when they returned home at about 8:00 AM on January 3, Mrs. Earlene Roberts who takes care of the rooming house at 1026 North Beckley for Mrs. Johnson, told her that she had received some five or six calls from a person identifying himself as David Miller. The FBI report was completed by Alfred Neeley.

http://www.maryferre...0&relPageId=113

SA Albert Neeley also interviewed Earlene Roberts on the 4th of January, 1964. Roberts advised that she received a telephone call at that location at 6:15 AM, January 3rd from a man who stated he was David Miller. She said this person talked in a loud whisper asking her How about meeting me in the alley, honey? She stated he did not ask her who she was, but told her that he knew that she was Mrs. Roberts housekeeper. Mrs. Roberts stated she told him that she would not meet him in the alley and he replied, Youll be out there sometime today and Ill get all three of you. The person rang back about 6:35 AM asking, Arent you going to meet me in the alley? and when she said No he replied, Ill get you. Roberts said had four or five calls by the same person and she also knew that the Humble Service Station operator [Jerry Duncan] across the street had also received calls.

http://www.maryferre...0&relPageId=114

The reason all of this is a little bit strange is because of the content of the interview with John Laurel Ford on December 20th, 1963. Ford moved to Dallas from Houston during the first part of September 1963 and he secured a job at Jerry Duncans Service Station, 1030 North Zangs.

A photograph of Lee Harvey Oswald did not remind him of anyone he saw at Duncans Service Station or in the neighbourhood during his employment at Duncans. He said he did not have any contact with Oswald and had no knowledge of him other than what he read in the assassination aftermath.

The only person from the Oak Cliff neighbourhood who Ford drank beer with except Clyde Huff, a fellow employee, and Jerry Duncan, station owner, was a white male, 18 to 20 years old, 53 tall, 125-130 pounds, reddish blonde hair, light complexion, who wore cowboy boots and western style shirt. This young man, name not known, rented a room from Mrs. A. C. Johnson on Beckley Street, across the street from Duncans Service Station and he believed the person worked at an Auto Supply store on Jefferson Street. Mrs. A. C. Johnson was the former owner of Duncans Service Station. He believes the young man was from West Texas and he was not familiar with Dallas, Texas. Ford also claimed he did not like this mans company so stopped drinking with him.

http://www.maryferre...39&relPageId=70

The calls continued. On January 5th, 1964, Sergeant Drake, Irving, Texas, telephonically advised that he had just received an anonymous telephone call, believed to be female, who only stated, David Leon Miller, that the FBI is looking for, can be located at 2314 Concord Street, and then hung up abruptly.

http://www.maryferre...sPageId=1016823

Marion Meharg must have now changed sex.

On January 13th, 1964, Mr. Z. B. Owen, Colorado Towers Café, formerly Clifton Hotel Coffee shop, 214 West Colorado Boulevard, was interviewed by Special Agent Arthur E. Carter at his request. Mr. Owen had been previously interviewed concerning an allegation that Lee Harvey Oswald had been seen drinking coffee at his café in the summer of 1963.

Mr. Owen advised that a Mr. (First Name Unknown) Johnson who formerly owned the Humble Oil Station at Zangs Boulevard and Beckley Street in Dallas was in the café on the evening of January 9th, 1964, at which time Johnson asked Owen if the FBI had mentioned the name of Miller when they talked to Owen previously. When Owen replied to Johnson in the negative, Johnson seemed relieved and left.

http://www.maryferre...sPageId=1016825

Johnson then went on to deny that he inquired whether the FBI had asked Mr. Owen about anyone called Miller. Johnson was re-interviewed on January 18, 1964, and said to SAs Weir and Ward that he had been to a mens meeting in his Church and afterwards went to the Clifton Hotel Coffee Shop. Johnson said he asked the owner if he knew of anyone by the name of Donald or David Miller who frequented the coffee shop or who resided in the area and the owner responded that he did not know anyone by that name. Mr. Johnson advised that he definitely did not ask the owner of the coffee shop if anyone had been in the coffee shop inquiring relative to a Donald or David Miller.

http://www.maryferre...sPageId=1016833

Maybe the Agents should have warned Johnson that it was a federal offense to supply false information to a federal agent and asked him if he wanted counsel, the way they did with Marion Meharg?

Then on January 14th, Sergeant Lester Robertson, Texas Rangers, telephonically advised the FBI that on Saturday, January 11, 1964, an individual telephoned him and after talking briefly [about what is not explained], said he would have to call back. On his return on January 13, 1964, Robertson found a note concerning the call of the individual which in substance was as follows:

"John Valentine, 186 13th Street, Apartment 1, Atlanta, Georgia, who said he was passing through Dallas, claimed he overheard David Miller, 366 Lake Drive, Hamphill (?), Georgia, tell Millers wife he had married her only to keep her mouth shut regarding the attempt on Governor Connallys life. The caller alleged that Miller was about 24 years of age driving a green and white 1956 station wagon, make unknown, and his brother in law was one Bob Walker of Irving, Texas. The note indicated that Miller had supposedly only recently moved to Georgia."

http://www.maryferre...bsPageId=701548

The above call from John Valentine is a weird one because if it was Meharg, as the Dallas Police and the FBI said it was, then he now had the address that Mrs. Bernice Click gave the FBI as Mildred and David Millers residence in Georgia.

The FBI, after receiving this information from Lester Robertson, were still labeling Meharg as a suicide risk based upon hearsay information given them by Bernice Click in early December.

The FBI contacted Bernice Click again on January 17, 1964. Click again gave them the same Atlanta, Georgia, address she gave them a month before as the residence of her daughter and son-in-law.

She advised that her daughter had been home in early January to visit. There is no mention of Marion Mehargs two sons.

She once again weighed into Meharg claiming he had been telephoning or writing at least once a week trying to get the exact address in Atlanta of Mildred Miller and the two children by their marriage (which is strange because if Meharg contacted Lester Robertson pretending to be John Valentine he already had the exact address in Atlanta).

Click said the calls continued on January 14, 1964, the day of the Valentine-Robertson phone call, and again on January 15, 1964.

Click goes on to claim that on either January 6, 1964, or January 7, 1964, a telephone call was received at the Eastern Star Lodge [Masonic] in Dallas for Mrs. Click. She was not in attendance and a Mrs. Mozelle Taylor took the call. The caller identified himself as a Secret Service Agent and he stated that the purpose of the call was to request that Mrs. Click stop bothering Marion Meharg.

http://www.maryferre...28&relPageId=18

Mrs. Mozelle Taylor was interviewed on January 8, 1964. Taylor was Secretary of the Blue Bonnet Chapter, Order of the Eastern Star, attending a meeting of a sister chapter at the Dallas Masonic Temple.

When the call came through for Mrs. Bernice Click the caller was informed that Click was not there and they asked to speak to someone who was acquainted with her. Taylor took the call.

The caller did not identify himself to Taylor and said, This is the Secret Service and we are trying to locate Mrs. Bernice Click. Do you have her telephone number?

Taylor advised the caller she did not have Clicks telephone number with her and tried to locate it on the chapter roster but was unable to obtain it. Mrs Taylor asked the caller if she could return his call after she called home to get the number for him but he told her that he couldnt leave his number as he was leaving for Fort Worth shortly. Taylor asked if they wanted to leave a message and the caller asked her to get a pencil and pad, which she did, and she took down the following message, The Secret Service has screened the person in question. They have accused him of things he didnt do, the other party looks bad.

The caller told Taylor the person in question was Marion Meharg. Taylor passed on the message to Click the following day.

http://www.maryferre...28&relPageId=21

The FBI then caught back up with Marion Meharg on January 18, 1964. Special Agents James Ward and James Weir did the interview. They opened up the interview with the warning that he did not have to make a statement and that any statement he did make could be used against him in a court of law; that he had a right to consult an attorney; that no threats or promises would be made to induce him to make a statement.

Meharg stated that since being interviewed previously he had not made any telephone calls to any law enforcement agency, or anyone else, intimating that David Leon Miller, the husband of is former wife, was acquainted with Lee Harvey Oswald or had any possible connection with the assassination of President Kennedy.

Meharg stated definitively and vehemently, that he did not telephone Mrs. A. C. Johnson, Mrs. Earlene Roberts or Jerry Duncan stating he was David, or Edward Miller. He said he did not call Mrs. A. C. Johnson inquiring of a David Miller. He further stated that he did not, or did not have anyone, telephone the Irving Police Department and tell them that David Miller, whom the FBI was looking for, could be located at 2314 Concord Street, Irving, Texas. He said he did not call the Texas Rangers, identify himself as John Valentine, 186-13th Street, Apartment 1, Atlanta, Georgia, and relate a conversation which was allegedly overheard between David Miller and Mildred Miller.

Meharg advised that his former wifes brother in law, Robert N. Walker, resides in Irving, Texas, at 2314 Concord Drive.

Meharg advised that he had been on a drunk for the past eight days and is not clear as to his actions during this time, but is quite positive he did not make any of the aforementioned telephone calls.

http://www.maryferre...sPageId=1016834

Then Earlene Roberts pops back up. SAs Ward and Weir interviewed her on January 18, 1964. At approximately 12:30 PM, Saturday, January 4, 1964, she answered the telephone at 1026 North Beckley. The caller identified himself as Miller and asked if she were alone. She told him, No, whereupon the caller hung up.

Later, at approximately 1:00 PM, she again answered the telephone and the caller asked her if she were alone at this time. Roberts said she was alone on the instructions of A. C. Johnson expecting that the caller might then appear at the house.

Mrs. Roberts stated that the caller said he would get all three of you and told her she had better not report the telephone calls to the FBI, Secret Service, police or anyone else.

Mrs. Roberts then sat in her car outside waiting to see if anyone was there who was not known to them, or did not reside at 1026 North Beckley, would show up but no one did.

They then changed their phone number and the calls stopped.

http://www.maryferre...bsPageId=701556

In one of the reports detailing the investigation of Meharg, the FBI wrote:

During the initial stages of the investigation into the assassination of President John Fitzgerald Kennedy at Dallas, Texas on November 22, 1963, an anonymous call was received by the Dallas FBI Office on November 22, 1963, and subsequent investigation established that Marion Meharg, 2102 Village Way, Dallas, Texas, had made such call. Meharg admitted furnishing information which was false and a separate investigation into the furnishing of such false information was instituted under the caption MARION MEHARG, also known as MARION B. MEHARG, FRAUD AGAINST THE GOVERNMENT.

http://www.maryferre...bsPageId=344565

I defy anyone to read the reports and find anywhere where Meharg admitted to furnishing false information. If anything the reports contain a FRAUD AGAINST MARION MEHARG when they purposely inserted information concerning the Margie Norman/Carousel Club connection.

In April, a colored man got into the act. Mr Robie Love, Justice of the Peace, Dallas County , Texas, telephonically advised SA Charles T. Brown, Jr., on April 23, 1964 the following:

Mr. Love said his wife received a call from an unidentified colored man, who advised MRs. Love he is the yardman for a woman residing at 2307 Finley Road, Irving, Texas. The unidentified colored man told Mrs. Love he desired to report some information to Mr. Love because he knew Mr. Love and he had been scared to death to say anything because he was afraid they might kill him.

The man told Mrs. Love he was working in the yard at 2307 Finley Road, on the day of the assassination and he overheard the woman who lives there on the telephone talking to her son-in-law that he had conspired with Lee Harvey Oswald to assassinate the President.

The woman supposedly had a great hatred for President Kennedy.
http://www.maryferre...sPageId=1013945

The record culminates in the following;

On April 29, 1964, Lieutenant Joe Hubbard, Irving Police Department, Irving, Texas, telephonically advised that at 9:00 PM April 20, 1964, Officer Walter Lipscomb, Irving Police Department, received a telephone call from an unknown male telling the police to go 2307 Finley Road and they would find a man that was wanted. The caller then hung up.

Lieutenant Hubbard said that at 9:00 PM on April 25, 1964, Officer Lipscomb received another telephone call, believed to be from the same individual, who stated that he bet Georgia would like to know who was at 2307 Finley Road and that the caller hung up.

Lieutenant Hubbard advised that at 10:05 PM on April 26, 1964, Sergeant W. L. Drake, Irving Police Department, received a long distance telephone call from Captain A. L. Hutchins, Georgia Bureau of Investigation, Atlanta, Georgia. Captain Hutchins advised Sergeant Drake that GBI telephone operator had received a long distance telephone call from a person who stated that he would not tell his name because he did not want to get killed, but that there was a woman who lived at 2307 Finley Road, Irving, Texas, who had a son-in-law that knew who killed the three Georgia policemen. Captain Hutchins advised Sergeant Drake that the caller then hung up.

Lieutenant Hubbard stated that inquiry at 2307 Finley Road reveals this is the residence of Mrs. Bernice Click, who purchased the property from Lewis Max Ashburn recently. According to Lieutenant Hubbard, Marion B. Meharg is the former son-in-law of Mrs. Click, whose daughter and her present husband, Mr and Mrs. David Miller, reside at 125 Northern Avenue, Apartment Number 2, Atlanta, Georgia , telephone 377-4168.

Lietenant Hubbard advised that he is convinced that the telephone calls were made by Marion B. Meharg and that he has sent a teletype to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation advising them that he suspects such call they received was from Marion B. Meharg.

Previous investigation has been conducted concerning Marion B. Meharg and information attributed to him which is set forth on pages 49 to 56 of the report of Special Agent Robert P. Gemberling dated December 23, 1963, at Dallas, Texas and pages 99 through 118 of the report of Robert P. Gemberling dated January 22, 1964, at Dallas, Texas.

The facts developed in connection with the information allegedly furnished by Meharg were presented to Assistant U. S. Attorney B. H. Timmins, Jr., at Dallas, Texas, on February 14, 1964, at which time he advised that, after reviewing the results of the investigation, he was declining prosecution with respect to Meharg making false statements and impersonating a U. S. Secret Service agent because he did not believe the facts indicated an offense which could be proved in Federal Court. He further stated that the facts indicated that a domestic situation was responsible for the alleged actions of Meharg and that he did not believd the Federal Court should be used to solve such a domestic situation.

http://www.maryferre...312&relPageId=7

http://www.maryferre...312&relPageId=8

So there you have it. Meharg was accused by the FBI of furnishing false information, accused of an array of nuisance phone calls, accused of threatening some of the people he was accused of calling, accused of impersonating a Secret Service agent, accused another man of being involved in the assassination of the President, and had a file started under the caption MARION MEHARG, FRAUD AGAINST THE GOVERNMENT...

...and yet even though the FBI were claiming Meharg had committed "Fraud Against the Government" the Dallas Assistant DA wouldnt touch it with a barge pole. This was a domestic according to him.

Either Marion Merhag hit the coincidence jackpot on the evening of the 22nd of November 1963 by ringing Alveeta Treon and by making up out of thin air and then relaying to the Dallas Police that he had seen a man jump off the loading dock at the rear of the TSBD and leave in a green and white Chevrolet station wagon just to give him a chance to see his kids or he saw what he saw, thought it was his ex-wifes Station Wagon and suffered the same consequences as Roger Craig and Richard Randolph Carr. Carr was also threatened (through the orders of J. Edgar Hoover himself no less) with prosecution should he be supplying false information to federal officers. The similarity being that Carr also claimed to see a man leave at the rear of the TSBD and get into a Station Wagon on Houston Street.  Both sightings put down to vivid imaginations, pranks, and resulted in both men being called liars and partaking in deception. 

The most peculiar thing in this whole Miller-Click-Meharg affair is the complete absence of any interview of David Leon Miller or his wife Mildred Miller. Not even any hint at the FBI even contemplating interviewing them - either in Dallas or in Atlanta. The FBI and the DPD seemed completely disinterested in this couple.

My personal view is that Meharg did see what he claims he saw at the rear of the TSBD and either honestly or falsely connected it to his ex-wife and then instead of concentrating on what he saw at the loading dock and green and White 1956 Chevy station wagon the FBI instead concentrated on the ex-wife domestic situation and went after Meharg.

Marion Meharg died on Dec. 17, 1968 at the age of 56 and is buried at Laurel Land Memorial Park in Dallas, Texas.

To be continued.

The Case of the Nuisance Phone Calls Redux Empty Re: The Case of the Nuisance Phone Calls Redux

Sat 14 Dec 2013, 6:32 am
I was scouring the NARA database yesterday to see if there was anything I had missed concerning the Marion Meharg story.  Couldn't find anything other than what I previously had.  So I checked on the Weisberg Hood archive and got something that smacked me in the face.  A document that contains information about Meharg not contained in any other interview with any other person who knew him or knew of him.  Once I'd found it I tried a keyword search of the name in the document over at NARA again to get the details of it from the main JFK repository.  No luck.  It wasn't listed.  It's not on Mary Ferrell either.  So I copied the FBI file number of the document across and got this hit:

The Case of the Nuisance Phone Calls Redux Image94

I thought the subject list was somewhat bizarre given it doesn't, in any way, give indication of what the subject matter is.  I have no clue what 'JR, BKG, INTERVIEW, ASSOC, NEG' mean. It is definitely the document from the Weisberg archive but it contains subject abbreviations that would make it impossible to search for it unless you had a copy of the document FBI file number.

Now, what was in the document?  Well, here it is:

The Case of the Nuisance Phone Calls Redux Image95

As you can see it is an interview with a James Floyd Johnson who was interviewed concerning an alleged phone call that claimed there had been an interview between a police officer and Jack Ruby.  I don't know why Johnson was contacted by the FBI because there is nothing in the record concerning this further anonymous call, presumably attributed to Marion Meharg.  I can only assume that we have documents missing that would give us the catalyst for the contact.  Obviously the contact has an alleged Meharg telephone connection because it is Johnson who brings him up.  The first thing that jumped out the document was the surname of Johnson and then the second thing was the redaction.  

What did they need to hide?  Why did Johnson send for members of the Dallas County constabulary to be there whilst being interviewed by the FBI?  Something stinks.

Was the redaction there to hide the occupation of Johnson's son?  James Floyd Johnson states in the FBI report that his son's name was Royce D. Johnson and he had been in a relationship with Mildred Meharg while she was married to Marion.  I searched everywhere for another reference to a Royce D. Johnson.  Couldn't find one.  But I got a hit on a Royce C. Johnson.  

Royce C. Johnson was a Patrolman for the Dallas Police.

The Case of the Nuisance Phone Calls Redux Image96

Royce C. Johnson had a brother named Floyd R. Johnson who was a twin brother. So the FBI document purposely got the middle initial wrong of Royce in their interview of James Floyd Johnson when they wrote 'D' instead if 'C':

MASON, TX - Floyd R. Johnson, 76, died Wednesday, Dec. 28, 2011, at his residence. Memorial service will be at a later date. Arrangements are by Mason Funeral Home.
Survivors include his brother, Royce C. Johnson of Dallas; and sister Dorothy Tatsch of Mason.

Why did they feel it necessary to hide the fact that Royce C. Johnson was a Patrolman for the DPD?  Why did they get his middle initial wrong?  Why does the document not have searchable subject headers making it impossible to find on NARA without the FBI file number?

The fact that Marion Meharg allegedly targeted the home of Gladys Johnson with malicious and threatening phone calls always perplexed me.  For what end?  But to find a document that has been made to be un searchable with a redaction of the occupation of a Dallas Police Department Patrolman with the surname of Johnson has really got me interested.  Earlene Roberts went on record claiming to know certain police officers.  Was Royce C. Johnson one of them? Was he a relative of Gladys and Arthur Johnson?  And to find out he was having an affair with Mildred Meharg is the icing on the cake for me.  Is that why 1026 North Beckley was targeted by malicious phone calls?  Was there really a David Leon Miller or was this a pseudonym for someone living at 1026 North Beckley in the weeks before the assassination?

Last edited by Lee Farley on Sun 15 Dec 2013, 1:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Mark A. O'Blazney

The Case of the Nuisance Phone Calls Redux Empty Re: The Case of the Nuisance Phone Calls Redux

Sat 14 Dec 2013, 8:07 am
This is incredible.  No caller ID back then.  Meharg's harassment accusations bother me a little.  Another Nagell?  Miller is the mystery man.  And that affair blows me away, too.  Bravo, Mr. Farley.  Whodunit?
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin
http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Sat 14 Dec 2013, 10:14 am
http://boards.ancestry.com.au/surnames.meharg/46/mb.ashx

The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

https://gregrparker.com
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Sat 14 Dec 2013, 2:36 pm
 'JR, BKG, INTERVIEW, ASSOC, NEG' 

My best guess: Jack Ruby banking interview, associations, negative [results].

Ruby had allegedly organized bank loans for some cops and there was an investigation (of sorts) regarding this.

Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

StanDane
StanDane
https://prayermanleeharveyoswald.blogspot.com/

Sat 14 Dec 2013, 5:21 pm
Wow, what a story! Great work Lee.

Sat 14 Dec 2013, 11:58 pm
Marion Meharg's two son's that are never mentioned by name in any FBI report were:

Marion B. Meharg and John B. Meharg

I know John was born in 1953 but I've yet to discover when Marion was born.

We don't know how many children to how many father's Mildred (Click) Meharg Miller had but Mildren must have been married before she married Marion Meharg and I'm making an assumption that the two step-daughters were older than his own two kids.  

The question of the calls to 1026 North Beckley asking for David Miller and casting aspersions that he was a resident there needs to be thought about whilst forgetting everything that we have been told about this rooming house.  We have always known there was something dodgy about 1026 North Beckley, but how dodgy?

Bear in mind there was a Mr and Mrs Miller who were immediate neighbours of the rooming house.  Were they ever interviewed?  Not according to the extant record.  We know an FBI informant passed on information stating that a immediate Beckley rooming house neighbour had made complaints that Jack Ruby had been parking his car in their driveway when he had been visiting number 1026.  The FBI said they investigated it but there was nothing to this "rumour" but if they investigated it then where are the interview reports with the neighbour?  They don't exist - there is not one interview with any Beckley rooming house neighbour!  How unbelievable is that?  So Mr and Mrs Miller, the neighbours, and what they saw, heard and spoke about will forever remain a mystery.

Why did Arthur Johnson deny ever asking Mr. Owens whether the FBI had spoken to him about a "David or Edward Miller"?  

This story may end up being another head wrecker but I truly believe there is something important about it.  We need to first find out if Royce C. Johnson was in any way related to the North Beckley Johnson's and why the FBI felt it necessary to try hiding the fact he worked for the DPD and why they never interviewed him about his affair with Mildred Meharg given they were investigating, and trying to charge, Marion Meharg with "Fraud Against the Government."

Sun 15 Dec 2013, 12:15 am
greg parkerhttp://boards.ancestry.com.au/surnames.meharg/46/mb.ashx

Only just seen your message, Greg.  I stumbled across the Ancestry.com stuff last night.  Strange username for Marion B. Meharg.  He uses David B. Miller.  Weird.

There are a collection of David Miller-Marion Meharg related documents in the following folder from NARA:

http://media.nara.gov/dc-metro/rg-272/605417-key-persons/miller_david/miller_david.pdf

You'll notice that there is a copy of the Warren Commission original typed deposition of Dave L. Miller in the file.  This Dave Miller worked at the Enquire Shine and Press shop at 1322 Commerce and knew Ruby very well but I certainly do not think he is related to the David Leon Miller associated with Mildred Meharg.  I did have the thought when I first stumbled upon Dave L. Miller a few weeks ago but it sure isn't him.  Why this stuff is in with the other David Leon Miller documents beats me.  But what is interesting is the Chicago FBI interview of Vic Balin, early friend of Ruby's in Chicago, who claims one of Ruby's heroes was former prize fight boxer Dave Miller.  Now, was this the same David Miller who worked in the Enquire Shine and Press store two doors away from the Carousel - the Dave Miller from the Dave Miller Gang in Chicago? I don't know.  Have to look into it further.  For the record Dave L. Miller from the shoe shine place on Commerce, was the brother of betting syndicate hoodlum Isadore "Izzy" Miller.

Once I've got a list of questions prepared I'm going to contact Marion Meharg Jr. to see if he has any info on his Dad.
Robert Charles-Dunne

Sun 15 Dec 2013, 12:49 am
Lee Farley wrote:

We don't know how many children to how many father's Mildred (Click) Meharg Miller had but Mildren must have been married before she married Marion Meharg and I'm making an assumption that the two step-daughters were older than his own two kids.  

Lee:

Your assumption seems on safe ground.  The step-daughters were 14 and 16 and one son was born in '53.  Also, their surname was Jenkins, suggesting Mildred first (?) husband bore that name.

I'll have a couple of nit-picky comments when time permits.  It's a fascinating tale.

Sun 15 Dec 2013, 8:37 am
A thought has just come to me.  Remember the list of tenants of 1026 North Beckley that was put together that contained A. C. Johnson's name?  A. C. Johnson being the owner's husband Arthur Johnson.  I've always scratched my head as to why he was listed as a tenant when he was married to Gladys Johnson.  The only sensible reason being that including him would boost the tenant numbers.

But...

...what if - it wasn't A. C. Johnson?  What if the tenant was R. C. Johnson?  Royce C. Johnson - the Dallas police officer who was having an affair with Marion Meharg?
Albert Rossi
Albert Rossi

Sun 15 Dec 2013, 8:43 am
Lee, do we have a handwritten list here?  In handwriting, of course, A and R could be mistaken one for the other ...
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Sun 15 Dec 2013, 9:40 am
Lee Farley wrote:Marion Meharg's two son's that are never mentioned by name in any FBI report were:

The question of the calls to 1026 North Beckley asking for David Miller and casting aspersions that he was a resident there needs to be thought about whilst forgetting everything that we have been told about this rooming house.  We have always known there was something dodgy about 1026 North Beckley, but how dodgy?

Bear in mind there was a Mr and Mrs Miller who were immediate neighbours of the rooming house.  Were they ever interviewed?  Not according to the extant record.  We know an FBI informant passed on information stating that a immediate Beckley rooming house neighbour had made complaints that Jack Ruby had been parking his car in their driveway when he had been visiting number 1026.  The FBI said they investigated it but there was nothing to this "rumour" but if they investigated it then where are the interview reports with the neighbour?  They don't exist - there is not one interview with any Beckley rooming house neighbour!  How unbelievable is that?  So Mr and Mrs Miller, the neighbours, and what they saw, heard and spoke about will forever remain a mystery.

Why did Arthur Johnson deny ever asking Mr. Owens whether the FBI had spoken to him about a "David or Edward Miller"?  

This story may end up being another head wrecker but I truly believe there is something important about it.  We need to first find out if Royce C. Johnson was in any way related to the North Beckley Johnson's and why the FBI felt it necessary to try hiding the fact he worked for the DPD and why they never interviewed him about his affair with Mildred Meharg given they were investigating, and trying to charge, Marion Meharg with "Fraud Against the Government."

Lee, he has hit a few message boards going back 12 years. He makes clear in one that his name USED to be Marion Meharg... so it seems that his mother changed their names at some stage and told the boys zero about their father. Not sure how much help he will be since I haven't found a single instance of anyone replying to him.

Me

Don Jeffries

Sun 15 Dec 2013, 9:53 am
Albert Rossi wrote:Lee, do we have a handwritten list here?  In handwriting, of course, A and R could be mistaken one for the other ...

Hi Albert,

No, unfortunately we don't have a handwritten list.  In fact we don't know where the entire list of tenant names that we currently have has come from.  I believe it was knitted together from several different reports and some work by several researchers.  There has always been speculation that there were police officers living at the property (Jack Cody being one) but as far as I'm aware no one has ever been able to nail it down.

If Royce C. Johnson went by the name Roy C. Johnson then we may have some work to do on the Mary Ferrell site because there are a few references to a Roy C. Johnson who was linked to the Campisi's gambling and narcotics operation in the 1970's and knowing what we know about the Dallas Police it might be interesting if we can find out if this particular Roy C. Johnson had a previous life as a Dallas Police officer.

Lee

Last edited by Lee Farley on Sun 15 Dec 2013, 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Sun 15 Dec 2013, 10:02 am
greg parker wrote:
Lee Farley wrote:Marion Meharg's two son's that are never mentioned by name in any FBI report were:

Lee, he has hit a few message boards going back 12 years. He makes clear in one that his name USED to be Marion Meharg... so it seems that his mother changed their names at some stage and told the boys zero about their father. Not sure how much help he will be since I haven't found a single instance of anyone replying to him.

Oh well, Greg.  I can have a stab and see what comes out of it.  Probably end up with nothing which will leave me in the same position but could get something that might be a clue.

If his name is now David B. Miller it's really strange that Mildred would change not only his surname but his Christian name too.  It just gets stranger this story at every turn.
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Sun 15 Dec 2013, 10:04 am
Lee Farley wrote:
Albert Rossi wrote:Lee, do we have a handwritten list here?  In handwriting, of course, A and R could be mistaken one for the other ...

Hi Albert,

No, unfortunately we don't have a handwritten list.  In fact we don't know where the entire list of tenant names that we currently have has come from.  I believe it was knitted together from several different reports and some work by several researchers.  There has always been speculation that there were police officers living at the property (Jack Cody being one) but as far as I'm aware no one has ever been able to nail it down.

If Royce C. Johnson went by the name Roy C. Johnson then we may have some work to do on Mary Ferrell because there are a few references to a Roy C. Johnson who was linked to the Campisi's gambling and narcotics operation in the 1970's and knowing what we know about the Dallas Police it might be interesting if we can find out if this particular Roy C. Johnson had a previous life as a Dallas Police officer.

Lee

I think you may be on to something with "AC Johnson" being "RC Johnson". Whoever cobbled the list together may have simply made an assumption it was supposed to AC... or misread it... or what was read was itself a transcription error.

Me

Don Jeffries

greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Sun 15 Dec 2013, 10:05 am
Lee Farley wrote:
greg parker wrote:

Oh well, Greg.  I can have a stab and see what comes out of it.  Probably end up with nothing which will leave me in the same position but could get something that might be a clue.

If his name is now David B. Miller it's really strange that Mildred would change not only his surname but his Christian name too.  It just gets stranger this story at every turn.

http://boards.ancestry.se/surnames.meharg/46/mb.ashx

Me

Don Jeffries

Albert Rossi
Albert Rossi

Sun 15 Dec 2013, 10:05 am
Interesting all of this.

In the absence of the actual stenographic document, is it possible to speculate that someone wrote down R. C. Johnson, but the person who compiled the list into the final document interpreted it as A. C.?
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Sun 15 Dec 2013, 10:08 am
Albert Rossi wrote:Interesting all of this.

In the absence of the actual stenographic document, is it possible to speculate that someone wrote down R. C. Johnson, but the person who compiled the list into the final document interpreted it as A. C.?

I think that is a very good possibility.

Me

Don Jeffries

Sun 15 Dec 2013, 10:24 am
Albert Rossi wrote:Interesting all of this.

It's a possibility, Albert.  It's getting late here but I will post the couple of reports I have that listed the names of some of the tenants tomorrow.  I really do not know why A. C. Johnson's name is on one of the reports that I have because it was a report compiled with a list of people from the Beckley area who were interviewed about whether they knew of a relationship between Oswald and Ruby.  Arthur Johnson had already been extensively interviewed about this a long time prior so don't get why he appears on the list and his wife doesn't.

I'm sure this will make more sense when I post some documents for you tomorrow.

Because we've possibly been hoodwinked into believing that Oswald lived there we have probably also been hoodwinked into trying to work out what relationship the police patrol car honking its horn outside the North Beckley house had with Oswald.  When it probably had no relationship to him at all because he wasn't even there.  So, if we operate from an assumption that Oswald wasn't even at the property what could the honking patrol car mean?   scratch 

barto
barto
http://www.prayer-man.com/

Tue 13 Mar 2018, 8:40 am
John Laurel Ford

The Case of the Nuisance Phone Calls Redux Box_1511
The Case of the Nuisance Phone Calls Redux Box_1512
The Case of the Nuisance Phone Calls Redux Box_1513

Prayer Man: More Than a Fuzzy Picture @ Barnes & Noble.

Prayer-Man.com
barto
barto
http://www.prayer-man.com/

Tue 13 Mar 2018, 8:43 am
This link from Weisberg was forwarded to me by Ed
http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/FBI%20Records%20Files/105-82555/105-82555%20Section%20042/105-42a.pdf

Prayer Man: More Than a Fuzzy Picture @ Barnes & Noble.

Prayer-Man.com
The_Prodigal_Son
The_Prodigal_Son

Sun 18 Mar 2018, 3:50 am
I loved putting this piece of research together.  

Brought back good memories.

I still believe there is something to the story of Marion Meharg.
Greg_Doudna

Fri 25 Mar 2022, 3:34 pm
Guest wrote:There are a collection of David Miller-Marion Meharg related documents in the following folder from NARA:

http://media.nara.gov/dc-metro/rg-272/605417-key-persons/miller_david/miller_david.pdf

You'll notice that there is a copy of the Warren Commission original typed deposition of Dave L. Miller in the file.  This Dave Miller worked at the Enquire Shine and Press shop at 1322 Commerce and knew Ruby very well but I certainly do not think he is related to the David Leon Miller associated with Mildred Meharg.  I did have the thought when I first stumbled upon Dave L. Miller a few weeks ago but it sure isn't him.  Why this stuff is in with the other David Leon Miller documents beats me.  But what is interesting is the Chicago FBI interview of Vic Balin, early friend of Ruby's in Chicago, who claims one of Ruby's heroes was former prize fight boxer Dave Miller.  Now, was this the same David Miller who worked in the Enquire Shine and Press store two doors away from the Carousel - the Dave Miller from the Dave Miller Gang in Chicago? I don't know.  Have to look into it further.  For the record Dave L. Miller from the shoe shine place on Commerce, was the brother of betting syndicate hoodlum Isadore "Izzy" Miller.

Once I've got a list of questions prepared I'm going to contact Marion Meharg Jr. to see if he has any info on his Dad.

I just saw this interesting study by Lee Farley and have a question to the author of the comment above where I added the bold: on what basis are you excluding that Dave L. Miller who knows Ruby and is the brother of hoodlum Izzy Miller is different from David Leon Miller married to Mildred Meharg? ("I certainly do not think he is related to the David Leon Miller associated with Mildred Meharg") The story becomes more interesting if they are the same person. It is the same name; why is it not the same person?
Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

Wed 30 Mar 2022, 12:24 pm
1961 Dallas City Directory

The Case of the Nuisance Phone Calls Redux Scree688
The Case of the Nuisance Phone Calls Redux Scree687
The Case of the Nuisance Phone Calls Redux Scree690
The Case of the Nuisance Phone Calls Redux Scree689
Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

Wed 30 Mar 2022, 12:38 pm
Miller
The Case of the Nuisance Phone Calls Redux Scree692
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum