REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ROKC IS NOW CLOSED AND IS READ ONLY. WE THANK THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US OVER THE LAST 14 YEARS.

Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
Brian says...Sat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 pmEd.Ledoux
last drinks before the bar closesSat 30 Dec 2023, 2:46 pmTony Krome
The Mystery of Dirk Thomas KunertSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:23 pmTony Krome
Vickie AdamsSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:14 pmgreg_parker
Busted again: Tex ItaliaSat 30 Dec 2023, 9:22 amEd.Ledoux
The Raleigh CallSat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 ambarto
Was Oswald ever confronted with the physical rifle?Sat 30 Dec 2023, 12:03 amCastroSimp
Who Dat? Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:24 pmTony Krome
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
Keywords

tippit  Lifton  Darnell  zapruder  Theory  prayer  tsbd  3a  hosty  Floor  2  +Lankford  fritz  Humor  frazier  doyle  4  Weigman  David  beckley  11  Mason  Lankford  paine  3  9  

Like/Tweet/+1

Go down
Mark Valenti

Earl Warren's trauma Empty Earl Warren's trauma

Mon 17 Feb 2014, 3:55 am
From the Tri-City Herald, July 7, 1964

POLICE SEEK THIEF WHO BROKE INTO WARREN APARTMENT

"Police are still looking for the thief who broke into the Sheraton Park Hotel suite of Chief Justice and Mrs. Earl Warren early Sunday. The thief fled when Mrs. Warren awoke. Nothing was reported missing."

At the time, Earl Warren was deep into the investigation of the JFK murder. 

A break-in would be cause for serious alarm; it's frightening to know that one's privacy and safety could be so easily breached. 

In Earl Warren's case, this simple break-in may have reminded him of an earlier, more fatal encounter involving his own father some 25 years earlier.

On May 14, 1938, Earl Warren's father, Methias, 73, was bludgeoned to death by an unknown assailant in his own home. The motive was listed as robbery.

It was immediately rumored that the savage murder was meant as a message to Methias' crimebusting son.
(http://mdeansutton.com/site/other/earl-warren.html)

Can't help but wonder: was the break-in at Warren's Washington hotel room - during his tenure as head of the Warren Commission - meant as another warning?
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin
http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Earl Warren's trauma Empty Re: Earl Warren's trauma

Mon 17 Feb 2014, 8:51 am
Mark Valenti wrote:From the Tri-City Herald, July 7, 1964

POLICE SEEK THIEF WHO BROKE INTO WARREN APARTMENT

"Police are still looking for the thief who broke into the Sheraton Park Hotel suite of Chief Justice and Mrs. Earl Warren early Sunday. The thief fled when Mrs. Warren awoke. Nothing was reported missing."

At the time, Earl Warren was deep into the investigation of the JFK murder. 

A break-in would be cause for serious alarm; it's frightening to know that one's privacy and safety could be so easily breached. 

In Earl Warren's case, this simple break-in may have reminded him of an earlier, more fatal encounter involving his own father some 25 years earlier.

On May 14, 1938, Earl Warren's father, Methias, 73, was bludgeoned to death by an unknown assailant in his own home. The motive was listed as robbery.

It was immediately rumored that the savage murder was meant as a message to Methias' crimebusting son.
(http://mdeansutton.com/site/other/earl-warren.html)

Can't help but wonder: was the break-in at Warren's Washington hotel room - during his tenure as head of the Warren Commission - meant as another warning?
Mark,

From the linked story...

Bakersfield Chief of Police Robert B. Powers, who supervised 25 men working exclusively on the case, believed that the culprit was an itinerant prowler. "The motive was robbery and murder was not deliberately intended," he said for years. This view was accepted by the slain man's bereaved son. Among the suspects was a San Quentin prisoner -- convicted of another crime -- who could have been in Bakersfield at the time. "I wanted to put a stool pigeon in his cell and plant a dictaphone there," revealed Powers. But when informed of this plan, Earl Warren flatly rejected it.  "We don't break the law when trying to enforce the law," he said simply.

I believe Powers was correct. The man's name was Amer Schilling. He was serving time for a similar murder, and was suspected in several others where victims had been bludgeoned to death - including that of Mathias Warren.

When questioned if he had committed the Warren murder, he said he may have but couldn't remember because he had "black outs."

He was eventually cleared of all the other murders on the basis of passing a polygraph. Which on the face of it, is ridiculous. If he could not recall doing certain things because he was in a state of automatism - then of course he would pass a lie detector.

Warren himself would eventually question a far more prominent murderer who claimed to be acting in a dis-associative or automatic state. His name was Jack Ruby.

The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

https://gregrparker.com
Mark Valenti

Mon 17 Feb 2014, 8:56 am
Whatever pressures Warren was under, they couldn't help but be made worse by a break-in to his own home in the middle of the night. And given his family's history, it must've sent a chill down his spine at a time when he was in the spotlight from the CIA, FBI, LBJ, Dulles, etc. etc.

I was looking through the WC hearings to see if there was any obvious sea-change in Warren's general outlook or demeanor after the date of the break-in, but there wasn't anything that stood out. Still...
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin
http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Mon 17 Feb 2014, 9:06 am
Mark Valenti wrote:Whatever pressures Warren was under, they couldn't help but be made worse by a break-in to his own home in the middle of the night. And given his family's history, it must've sent a chill down his spine at a time when he was in the spotlight from the CIA, FBI, LBJ, Dulles, etc. etc.

I was looking through the WC hearings to see if there was any obvious sea-change in Warren's general outlook or demeanor after the date of the break-in, but there wasn't anything that stood out. Still...
Thanks Mark. That had been something I was going to do. You save me the trouble. Still, something might jump out when looking through the records in future...

And you're right. It must have brought back some old memories.

The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

https://gregrparker.com
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum