REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ROKC IS NOW CLOSED AND IS READ ONLY. WE THANK THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US OVER THE LAST 14 YEARS.

Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
Brian says...Sat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 pmEd.Ledoux
last drinks before the bar closesSat 30 Dec 2023, 2:46 pmTony Krome
The Mystery of Dirk Thomas KunertSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:23 pmTony Krome
Vickie AdamsSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:14 pmgreg_parker
Busted again: Tex ItaliaSat 30 Dec 2023, 9:22 amEd.Ledoux
The Raleigh CallSat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 ambarto
Was Oswald ever confronted with the physical rifle?Sat 30 Dec 2023, 12:03 amCastroSimp
Who Dat? Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:24 pmTony Krome
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
Keywords

11  beckley  tsbd  Darnell  4  Lifton  fritz  Floor  tippit  David  prayer  9  2  3a  3  paine  doyle  Theory  zapruder  Lankford  Humor  Mason  +Lankford  frazier  Weigman  hosty  

Like/Tweet/+1

Richard Bernarbei

+2
Gary_Murr
Ed.Ledoux
6 posters
Go down
barto
barto
http://www.prayer-man.com/

Richard Bernarbei Empty Richard Bernarbei

Tue 06 Dec 2016, 11:29 pm
http://www.prayer-man.com/richard-bernabei/

Richard Bernabei along with Richard E Sprague and Harold Weisberg discussed a shadowy figure in the far end corner in the late 60's.
View sketches, correspondence and archival pix at the link above.
barto
barto

Richard Bernarbei Empty Re: Richard Bernarbei

Sat 31 Dec 2016, 10:41 am
Mati Bernabei contacted me and has shared a pic and additional info with me, the info has been added to the bottom of the post.

Prayer-Man.com
Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

Sun 01 Jan 2017, 9:58 pm
Dec

Richard Bernabei

JFK Assassination / Lee Harvey Oswald / Photography & Film / Prayer Man / TSBD / Warren Commission
Richard Bernarbei (1933-1979) was a college professor at Queens University in Kingston, Ontario, Canada.
Richard Bernarbei Richard-Bernabei
Richard Bernabei (1951). Thanks to Mati Bernabei.
About a year and a half ago I was wondering whether anyone else had noticed Prayer Man in the Wiegman and/or Darnell films before Sean Murphy started his quest less than ten years ago. I was already loosely checking out where this all originated from but I could not find anything from before the millennium until I came across Bernabei’s name  while trawling through [url=http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg Subject Index Files/]Harold Weisberg’s archive[/url]. I read his correspondence from the late 60’s, between them and Richard Sprague and almost fell off my chair and made mention of this after I regained my composure  at ROKC. There is quite a bit of correspondence in this archive.
And by chance I came across his discovery of another person on those steps besides doorway man (a.k.a. Billy Lovelady). I shall post some of these pages of his correspondence below. These pages are the first signs of discovery of Prayer Man, although he was not named as such, that credit belongs to Sean Murphy.
Richard Bernarbei Item-62-Hughes-Towner-Wiegman-4 Richard E. Sprague to Harold Weisberg Dec 26 1967 Richard Bernarbei Item-62-Hughes-Towner-Wiegman-5 Richard E. Sprague to Harold Weisberg Dec 26 1967 Richard Bernarbei Item-62-Hughes-Towner-Wiegman-6 Richard E. Sprague to Harold Weisberg Dec 26 1967 Richard Bernarbei Item-62-Hughes-Towner-Wiegman-7 Richard E. Sprague to Harold Weisberg Dec 26 1967

Knowing that Richard Bernabei’s material was held at his workplace in Kingston  I emailed Queens University in June last year and was told that the archives were not indexed nor digitised, so a dead end for me unless I or one of my fellow ROKCers made their way over there.
I left the whole thing for what it was, as I had plenty to go on until I emailed roughly 6 months ago to see if I could get a local person to investigate for me instead. Little did I know that an individual by the name of Sean Adessky had gone through all of Bernabei’s  archive a few months before and had made an index. From that index one section jumped out to me.
Folder, “Man in the TSBD Doorway” 
–      Documents relating to the individuals seen in the doorway of the TSBD at the time of the shooting.
–      Photographs, commission documents, sketches, few pages of handwritten notes.
Totalling 35 pages I was dying to get hold of all of this material, which they promptly helped me with. The whole document is more focused on Doorway Man (Billy Lovelady) but by researching it from every possible angle he also deals with Prayer Man for  about 4-5 pages. These pages are very valuable since they contain sketches made by Richard Bernabei and  diagrams as well of the people on the front steps of the Texas School Book Depository. This material is the first hard evidence of someone actually recognising a person in that shadowy area of those front steps of the Texas School Book Depository when JFK was assassinated and also actively documenting it. How he did this is a bit of an enigma, since the material of Wiegman he had in his collection there is not much to see there. Check for yourselves in the picture gallery below.
Bear in mind that at that time no one had gotten hold of the Jimmy Darnell film where Prayer Man is seen a lot clearer than in the Dave Wiegman film. The other sources, regarding this particular segment of the case, Bernabei had were Altgens 6 and the Hughes film.
Richard Bernarbei Item-15-2 Richard Bernabei to Harold Weisberg June 21 1968 Richard Bernarbei Item-14-7 Richard Bernabei to Harold Weisberg June 25 1968 Richard Bernarbei Item-14-8 Richard Bernabei to Harold Weisberg June 25 1968 Richard Bernarbei Item-13-Wiegman-2 Richard Bernabei to Harold Weisberg July 22 1968 Richard Bernarbei Man-in-the-TSBD-Doorway-2 People on front steps of the TSBD Diagram Richard Bernarbei Man-in-the-TSBD-Doorway-3 Sketches of Prayer Man and Shelley Richard Bernarbei Man-in-the-TSBD-Doorway-4 Sketches of Prayer Man and Shelley Richard Bernarbei Man-in-the-TSBD-Doorway-5 People on front steps of theTSBD Diagram

Great stuff indeed, not just from a find p.o.v. but also what else he wrote inside that document. He followed the same ‘tactic’ Sean Murphy and Richard Hocking used. Not only did he study the film and photo material but he also looked at all the available testimonies and brought Oswald’s interrogations and whereabouts and TSBD employees Carolyn Arnold and Victoria Adams into the fold. Furthermore I plaster some scans of the images he had during his research. Two copies of Altgens 6, Willis 4, 8 & 10, Wiegman, Towner and Bell.
Richard Bernarbei ROKC-Scan-Richard-Bernabei-Archive-TSBD-1 Richard Bernarbei ROKC-Scan-Richard-Bernabei-Archive-TSBD-5 Willis 8 Richard Bernarbei ROKC-Scan-Richard-Bernabei-Archive-TSBD-8 Willis 10 Richard Bernarbei ROKC-Scan-Richard-Bernabei-Archive-TSBD-4 Altgens 6 Richard Bernarbei ROKC-Scan-Richard-Bernabei-Archive-TSBD-3 Altgens 6 Richard Bernarbei ROKC-Scan-Richard-Bernabei-Archive-TSBD-7 Wiegman Richard Bernarbei ROKC-Scan-Richard-Bernabei-Archive-TSBD-2 Towner, Willis 4 and Bell still

The letter below is from Richard E. Sprague who writes in good detail about Wiegman and his film to Richard Bernarbei.

• Sprague managed to buy a copy of the film on 35 mm, where this film is, is not known at this time. He also mentions that he has clipped some of the frames out of his film, therefor the possibility exists that the film was kept in a cut up state.
  • He explains the many generations of the film.
  • Wiegman had not seen his film at the time of their telephone interview.

Richard Bernarbei 1101-5-July_9_1968_Sprague_to_Bernabei_letter_page2 Richard E Sprague to Richard Benarbei about the Wiegman film. Richard Bernarbei 1101-5-July_9_1968_Sprague_to_Bernabei_letter_page4 Richard E Sprague to Richard Benarbei about the Wiegman film. Richard Bernarbei 1101-5-July_9_1968_Sprague_to_Bernabei_letter_page3 Richard E Sprague to Richard Benarbei about the Wiegman film. Richard Bernarbei 1101-5-July_9_1968_Sprague_to_Bernabei_letter_page5 Richard E Sprague to Richard Benarbei about the Wiegman film.

The large format negatives Sprague is talking about are at the National Archives in Washington, we at ROKC managed to get copies of these.
Richard Bernarbei Wiegman-ROKC-5x4Neg-RichardESprague-Collection-1 Richard Bernarbei Wiegman-ROKC-5x4Neg-RichardESprague-Collection-2 Richard Bernarbei Wiegman-ROKC-5x4Neg-RichardESprague-Collection-3

And then the trail went dead, for almost 40 years………………..why?

Addendum Dec 30th 2016:
Mati Bernabei (Richard’s daughter) contacted me through Facebook and shared the following info with me, which she has allowed me to share:
She was 14 years old when he died in 1979. He was very unwell the last two years due to alcohol related deterioration of body and mind.
” I knew that he was deeply interested in JFK, I didn’t understand what he was working on. I was too young. Close to the time of his death (when he, and everyone, understood that his death was imminent), my mother and other friends of his convinced him to donate his JFK files to the Archives at Queen’s University. They didn’t want the work to be lost”
“. I’ve always imagined that his work would remain in dusty boxes in the Archives forever, so I am truly delighted that you found it useful . My father was an artist, heart and soul (before academia, he studied art), hence his drawings, and his understanding of visual perspective, light and shadow, etc. I’m sure he would be deeply gratified that his work is still of interest in some way. Very interesting for me to read your analysis too! Thank you!”
“When looking for the photo I reread a short bio of my father that my mom wrote in the 1990s when she doing a hobby genealogy project (for my sister and I). That mentions the donation to the archives, and I remembered more details. My father was a true mess in the last two years of his life. He had a heart murmur due to childhood rheumatic fever, thus the collapse of his body due to chain smoking and alcohol was accelerated. In June of 1979 my uncle (his brother) came to visit — by that time it was clear that there was no turning back – organ failure was occurring, and father would die soon (he died 2 months later). At that time my uncle and my mom convinced Pa to donate the JFK material. My father had already destroyed much of his artwork, in a fit of self loathing, I think. So, my mom and uncle rightly worried that he might do the same with his JFK documents.”
“My father’s struggles were obvious to people who knew him in the last few years, thus there was no need or purpose in in trying to create a facade. And, he talked and wrote about too. He was a kind, loving, tragically self-destructive person in those last years.”
Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

Sun 01 Jan 2017, 10:03 pm
Thanks Bart!
Her dad was a pioneer.
Wish he had taken better care.
Glad the Family saved what they did.
It has been quite helpful.
She should be thanked for us as a token of our appreciation.
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin
http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Sun 01 Jan 2017, 10:38 pm
Ed. Ledoux wrote:Thanks Bart!
Her dad was a pioneer.
Wish he had taken better care.
Glad the Family saved what they did.
It has been quite helpful.
She should be thanked for us as a token of our appreciation.
All of what Ed said.

The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

https://gregrparker.com
barto
barto

Wed 04 Jan 2017, 12:35 am
Thanks fellas, I hope to gain some more info from one of his mates and will add this if I get hold of it.

Prayer-Man.com
Gary_Murr

Wed 04 Jan 2017, 5:22 am
Hello Everyone:

Just as a matter of a quick FWIW, I had the pleasure of contacting and working with Dick Bernarbei in the late 1960's. Dick visited my then place of residence on several occasions as  at this particular moment in time he and I were among the very few Canadians with an overt interest in the pursuit of the events of November 22, 1963. I believe our initial finding of each other came about as a result of information that Harold Weisberg sent either myself or both of us - it has been a long time so my memory is foggy on this. However, I do know that Dick and I were working on material related to C2766 and the WCC 6.5mm ammunition. I do have somewhere in my files some of our original correspondence and I do know that again some of this material is in the Weisberg collection at Hood College. I also know that Dick caught the eye of the FBI, in particular Robert Frazier, but I do not believe that Dick was aware of this as the materiall/files that relates to the FBI's dismissal of Dick's work were not released until long after Dick's passing.

Gary Murr
StanDane
StanDane
https://prayermanleeharveyoswald.blogspot.com/

Wed 04 Jan 2017, 5:51 am
Pleased to meet you Gary! I see you've been around a good while. I look forward to whatever information and experience you can share with us in 2017.
Thanks,
Stan
barto
barto

Wed 04 Jan 2017, 8:10 am
Awesome Gary, thanks for sharing and joining!
Did he ever mention the guy in the shadow? Now known as Prayer Man as sketched out by him.

Prayer-Man.com
Jake_Sykes
Jake_Sykes

Wed 04 Jan 2017, 11:44 am
Hi Gary. To see someone like you, with your truly meaningful research connections, is a wonderful development. Thank you for your presence.
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin
http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Wed 04 Jan 2017, 4:18 pm
Jake Sykes wrote:Hi Gary. To see someone like you, with your truly meaningful research connections, is a wonderful development. Thank you for your presence.
Just to add to that, I don't think we've ever crossed paths much, if at all, but on any occasion your name has been mentioned to me, it has been in the most glowing terms.

You, Bernabei, RCDC...Robert Prudhomme, among others past and present... must be something in that Canadian Club water...

The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

https://gregrparker.com
Gary_Murr

Thu 05 Jan 2017, 2:27 am
I would like to thank everyone for their warm welcome and as the year unfolds I hope to be able to participate to a greater extent and this and other forums. I have decided, after 50+ years in the "workforce", to retire and as such am hoping my new found "freedom" [don't tell my wife I used that word] will allow me to finish up a number of assassination related projects I have had on the go for many years.

Barto, in answer to your question unfortunately Dick and I never discussed his work with the man in the TSBD doorway shadows, something that he worked on in another time frame. And Greg Parker, you are someone who's work I have always admired and appreciated. There just might be something in the "Canadian" water, but it could be Crown Royal or even Forty Creek!

Cheers to everyone involved in the operation of this forum, which I know is a tremendous amount of work, and all the best to all in 2017.
barto
barto

Thu 05 Jan 2017, 5:57 am
Thanks for getting back to me Gary, cheers!

Prayer-Man.com
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum