REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ROKC IS NOW CLOSED AND IS READ ONLY. WE THANK THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US OVER THE LAST 14 YEARS.

Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    Brian says...Sat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 pmEd.Ledoux
    last drinks before the bar closesSat 30 Dec 2023, 2:46 pmTony Krome
    The Mystery of Dirk Thomas KunertSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:23 pmTony Krome
    Vickie AdamsSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:14 pmgreg_parker
    Busted again: Tex ItaliaSat 30 Dec 2023, 9:22 amEd.Ledoux
    The Raleigh CallSat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 ambarto
    Was Oswald ever confronted with the physical rifle?Sat 30 Dec 2023, 12:03 amCastroSimp
    Who Dat? Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:24 pmTony Krome
    Social bookmarking
    Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
    Keywords

frazier  Lankford  beckley  3  9  fritz  2  3a  doyle  hosty  Floor  zapruder  tsbd  Mason  Darnell  Lifton  11  tippit  prayer  Humor  +Lankford  Theory  paine  4  Weigman  David  

Like/Tweet/+1

Tink Thompson on Umbrella Man

+6
    Mick_Purdy
    barto
    Phil_Hopley
    Redfern
    lanceman
    greg_parker
    10 posters
    Go down
    greg_parker
    greg_parker
    Admin
    http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Tink Thompson on Umbrella Man - Page 2 Empty Tink Thompson on Umbrella Man

Thu 24 Nov 2011, 8:07 am
    First topic message reminder :

http://video.nytimes.com/video/2011/11/21/opinion/100000001183275/the-umbrella-man.html

According to Tink, Witt's story was so wacky, it had to be true.

The Cold War ran on bullshit.
                  Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
    Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

https://gregrparker.com

lanceman

Tink Thompson on Umbrella Man - Page 2 Empty Re: Tink Thompson on Umbrella Man

Tue 09 Mar 2021, 3:00 pm
    I think it would be very uncomfortable if not impossible to sit in that position with a large radio tucked into a pocket or pants. The side shot of DCM does not show any such device beside him. If it is a radio, it must be in between TUM and DCM.

What could have been so urgent to require radio communication at that time after the assassination?

Why wouldn’t DCM at least collapse the antenna before walking around with it?

If TUM was covertly photographing the assassination, what use would it be?

One of the video clips I linked to above shows DCM (I’m pretty sure it’s him) walking across the grassy field south of Elm. He has a strange gait which suggests he had some kind of injury or was somewhat older. Of course, If I had a large radio with extended antenna in my back pocket, I’d probably walk funny as well.
    Jake_Sykes
    Jake_Sykes

Tue 09 Mar 2021, 3:11 pm
    greg_parker wrote:

Re communications.

If in 1963, if you wanted to communicate updates to someone interstate in real time using something other than a normal phone, how would you do that?

Re communications:
    One practical approach that would have been within the reach of a local radio station's technical ability would have been to purchase a lease from the phone company on a dedicated phone line effective for a specified number of hours or days that would be patched through by the phone company from point A to point B anywhere in the US. Any audio equipment that looked like a 600 ohm termination to the phone line (same as a regular phone) could be connected on either end.This could be a microphone with amp, amp and speaker, tape equipment, radio equipment, whatever.

So the phone line termination point would be a fixed location in a building somewhere. Local radio equipment/ walkie talkie could then be connected to the phone line with a hand held  device carried by the roaving operative. While the phone line would have a duplex capability (two way voice simultaneously), because of the radio, the link would effectively be simplex (say "over" after each statement) or simply a one way narrative from the radio operative to whoever is listening in CA or wherever. This kind of an arrangement was in common usage.

Tue 09 Mar 2021, 5:41 pm
    Jake_Sykes wrote:
    greg_parker wrote:

Re communications.

If in 1963, if you wanted to communicate updates to someone interstate in real time using something other than a normal phone, how would you do that?

Re communications:
    One practical approach that would have been within the reach of a local radio station's technical ability would have been to purchase a lease from the phone company on a dedicated phone line effective for a specified number of hours or days that would be patched through by the phone company from point A to point B anywhere in the US. Any audio equipment that looked like a 600 ohm termination to the phone line (same as a regular phone) could be connected on either end.This could be a microphone with amp, amp and speaker, tape equipment, radio equipment, whatever.

So the phone line termination point would be a fixed location in a building somewhere. Local radio equipment/ walkie talkie could then be connected to the phone line with a hand held  device carried by the roaving operative. While the phone line would have a duplex capability (two way voice simultaneously), because of the radio, the link would effectively be simplex (say "over" after each statement) or simply a one way narrative from the radio operative to whoever is listening in CA or wherever. This kind of an arrangement was in common usage.
    Yes Jake,

but the caveat on all of this would have been the size of the equipment used to do this portably.

Tink Thompson on Umbrella Man - Page 2 Byp_211
    Mick_Purdy
    Mick_Purdy

Tue 09 Mar 2021, 5:48 pm

I'll have a look at this but I suspect it would have been almost impossible in '63 especially for a person off the street. Having said that who would've thought they could've linked live video back to earth from the moon in '69. Bless the Ozzies hey.

Tink Thompson on Umbrella Man - Page 2 Byp_211
    greg_parker
    greg_parker
    Admin
    http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Tue 09 Mar 2021, 11:38 pm
    Thanks Jake and Mick.

Let me clarify further - it would not necessarily have to be someone on the street.

But it would have to be someone with the ability to get updates on the progress of the motorcade and the ability to get that info to someone in California in real time without it being via a telephone.

The Cold War ran on bullshit.
                  Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
    Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

https://gregrparker.com
    JFK_Case
    JFK_Case

Wed 10 Mar 2021, 12:40 am
    I had always thought it was interesting how they just sat down after it all happened. They had to have seen the gore mere feet away from them, yet they just sit down, looking around with poker faces. I highly doubt the black guy had any communication equipment on him.

It'd be much easier to put someone in a window blocks from the shooting with a pair of binoculars and then go to a pay phone nearby to report. Or the shooters themselves to report back. There'd really be no need to have someone that obvious wired up and giving live updates.
    Jake_Sykes
    Jake_Sykes

Wed 10 Mar 2021, 2:56 pm
    greg_parker wrote:Thanks Jake and Mick.

Let me clarify further - it would not necessarily have to be someone on the street.

But it would have to be someone with the ability to get updates on the progress of the motorcade and the ability to get that info to someone in California in real time without it being via a telephone.

Glad to Greg. I took 'no phone' to mean, not a traceable, traditional telephone. The dedicated line could be contracted covertly and covered up. The phone company no doubt kept two sets of books, that is if it was on a set of books at all. Anyway, beyond any such brand of phone line, it would I believe have had to be a military link of some kind. Not sure exactly what they had at the time but certainly something to span TX to CA.

Or.... a chain of shortwave radios. Not sure how far short wave could get at that time of day, but whatever the distance, that would be the spacing needed to get there via repeater stations.

Wed 10 Mar 2021, 3:20 pm
    My previous reply seemed to disappear into the aether.

One reason for wanting instant, firsthand information that the assassination was a success (definite kill) would be to short the stock market. Trades were not executed as swiftly in 1963 as today. By 30 minutes it would be too late. You might not be able to get this confirmation with binoculars from a window.

Several airline stocks were shorted prior to 9/11. The Securities and Exchange Commission investigated but did not find anything suspicious. I understand they then destroyed their records of the investigation.

If TUM and DCM had foreknowledge of the assassination, they showed better discipline than the guys who arrived with cameras (pre-smart phone days) at Liberty Park across the Hudson River from the WTC and took photos of each other celebrating with the burning towers in the background. Their celebration attracted the attention of neighbors who called the police. Eventually they were found and arrested. FBI released their report on the incident with confiscated photos with the faces redacted. Several of the neighbors stated that the celebrants arrived between 30 minutes and and hour before the first tower was hit indicating possible foreknowledge.

So I wouldn’t be surprised at all if TUM and DCM were there to taunt and possibly photograph the assassination.
    lanceman

Fri 11 Aug 2023, 3:30 am
    The Motorola HT-200 was a popular handheld transceiver released in 1962. The antenna is not as long as the one DCM seems to have. The antenna could be an artifact of the photo but there are a couple of photos where it is apparent.

http://mfwright.com/mikeht220/ht200.html

Two possible explanations of DCM and the “radio”:

1) He had a job where he normally used such a radio (perhaps in the railroad yard or a construction site) and had it with him when he watched the motorcade.

2) It was simply an AM radio receiver.
    lanceman

Sat 12 Aug 2023, 2:49 am
    Umbrella Man and Dark Complected Man were positioned just in front of the Stemmons Freeway sign.

This is the view from the 6th floor of the TSBD:

Tink Thompson on Umbrella Man - Page 2 Img_0610

Here is the view from the Dal-Tex building (from prayer-man gallery):

Tink Thompson on Umbrella Man - Page 2 Img_0610

Were TUM and DCM really in the best location to support a sniper in either location? I suspect that a Dal-Tex sniper positioned on a lower floor would have had an even bigger problem with the trees blocking the view.

I haven’t found a photo of what the view would be for a sniper shooting from behind the picket fence at the top of the grassy knoll but I would think there would be better positions for all three locations. For a sniper positioned at the south knoll they might be actually vulnerable as the target.
    Vinny

Sun 13 Aug 2023, 8:01 pm

Mon 14 Aug 2023, 10:25 am
    Here is a view from the south knoll. Umbrella Man would have been between the two lamp posts just in front of the limousine:

https://youtu.be/8MNj8S0A_T4?t=363

And a view from behind the stockade fence on the north knoll. Umbrella Man would have been to the left of the lamp post (the trees were much smaller in 1963:

https://youtu.be/_uFI5_2SYH4?t=115

From the south knoll, Umbrella Man would have been in line with the target had the shot been taken a second or two later.

I’m not sure Umbrella Man would have been visible from the position behind the stockade fence.

Umbrella Man was not in a very good location to be serving as a visual signaler for gunmen in four of the most common posited shooting locations. For the south knoll location, he was at significant risk of being in the line of fire.

Dark Complected Man certainly could have used a radio to signal the shooters. But if any gunman needed an accomplice for communications, that doubles the number of people that have to escape and not draw attention to themselves. All this is avoided by two gunmen firing from behind in roughly similar locations behind and close to the line of travel of the limousine, or a single gunman with the proper rifle.
    Redfern

Thu 21 Dec 2023, 6:34 pm
    Witt was 39 at the time of the assassination - much older than TUM, in my view.
    Larry Hancock reckons Felipe Vidal Santiago and Roy Hargraves are good candidates for these two figures.
    I suspect they were mainly acting to distract the Secret Service and police and then report on the outcome.

There were other figures on the north side of Elm Street possibly doing likewise in terms of diverting attention.
    No-one is standing to Emmett Hudson's left in the Willis and Betzner photos but a casually-dressed man then makes an appearance in the Nix and Muchmore films, only to perform a quick about-turn and run up the steps after the head-shot. He seems to match Paul Landis's description of a suspicious figure on the knoll. Landis described him as a "negro" but this might mean Cuban. 
    Could he have been Black Dog Man in the photos taken about 5 seconds before? I think there was an early shot from this area - the one Rosemary Willis seems to react to.

Another character who may be of interest is the well-dressed man with a fedora hat and raincoat over his arm caught in the Darnell film apparently being told to move away from behind the picket fence by a DPD uniformed officer. He is a perfect match for the individual described by Malcolm Summers.
    Ed.Ledoux
    Ed.Ledoux

Tue 26 Dec 2023, 9:31 pm
    Does Larry do any photo analysis of TUM and DCM?
    Redfern

Wed 27 Dec 2023, 6:10 pm
    Ed.Ledoux wrote:Does Larry do any photo analysis of TUM and DCM?

No, he doesn't go down that line - in his books he focuses mainly on Vidal being DCM, but he's said on the Education Forum that TUM is Hargraves.

Apart from the resemblance, both were in Dallas on November 22nd and were known to work closely together.
    Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum