REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ROKC IS NOW CLOSED AND IS READ ONLY. WE THANK THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US OVER THE LAST 14 YEARS.

Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
Brian says...Sat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 pmEd.Ledoux
last drinks before the bar closesSat 30 Dec 2023, 2:46 pmTony Krome
The Mystery of Dirk Thomas KunertSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:23 pmTony Krome
Vickie AdamsSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:14 pmgreg_parker
Busted again: Tex ItaliaSat 30 Dec 2023, 9:22 amEd.Ledoux
The Raleigh CallSat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 ambarto
Was Oswald ever confronted with the physical rifle?Sat 30 Dec 2023, 12:03 amCastroSimp
Who Dat? Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:24 pmTony Krome
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
Keywords

hosty  Floor  4  tsbd  David  +Lankford  frazier  2  9  tippit  beckley  Darnell  Lankford  paine  11  Humor  prayer  3a  Mason  Theory  Weigman  zapruder  doyle  fritz  3  Lifton  

Like/Tweet/+1

Go down
Hugh Jorgan
Hugh Jorgan

Willing To Make Some Phone Calls Here in The States Empty Willing To Make Some Phone Calls Here in The States

Mon 11 Dec 2017, 3:09 pm
This evening I made a call and was greeted kindly by Mr. Amos Euins.  He spoke freely about his experience in Dealey Plaza that day and we left the conversation on good terms.  It was 9:30 when we got off the phone and he agreed to a further conversation at any time but said he had to get up at 3:00 in the morning.  This is the kind of thing that gets my "gears grinding," if I may borrow from another post.  I admit that I have no where near the knowledge of other members of this great forum.  So, I am willing to contact surviving members (I won't mention ROKC unless specifically asked to by admins) by phone.  However, I don't want to go into a conversation with my limited knowledge nor do I desire to be confrontational.  But, we, as a community of researchers, are losing critical witnesses every day as Father Time passes His heavy hand.  Therefore, I am asking experienced members to submit questions that they feel pertinent to each individual.  This way I will have a select set of questions and not come off as an idiot.  Please feel free to list any questions you may have for anyone and I will make an attempt to contact them.  Hopefully, I can build a trust that may lead to actual interviews in person when I return to Texas in February of next year.  I would return earlier from Tennessee but I am scheduled for a neck surgery on December 22 that will require quite a bit of recovery time before I can board a flight back to my home state of Texas.  If I am lucky enough to land a face to face interview I will video it and make it exclusive to the ROKC site. 

I also realize that most of you are blood brothers from across the Big Pond in the UK or Australia.  I look forward to any suggestions.

H
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin
http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Willing To Make Some Phone Calls Here in The States Empty Re: Willing To Make Some Phone Calls Here in The States

Mon 11 Dec 2017, 4:44 pm
Hugh Jorgan wrote:This evening I made a call and was greeted kindly by Mr. Amos Euins.  He spoke freely about his experience in Dealey Plaza that day and we left the conversation on good terms.  It was 9:30 when we got off the phone and he agreed to a further conversation at any time but said he had to get up at 3:00 in the morning.  This is the kind of thing that gets my "gears grinding," if I may borrow from another post.  I admit that I have no where near the knowledge of other members of this great forum.  So, I am willing to contact surviving members (I won't mention ROKC unless specifically asked to by admins) by phone.  However, I don't want to go into a conversation with my limited knowledge nor do I desire to be confrontational.  But, we, as a community of researchers, are losing critical witnesses every day as Father Time passes His heavy hand.  Therefore, I am asking experienced members to submit questions that they feel pertinent to each individual.  This way I will have a select set of questions and not come off as an idiot.  Please feel free to list any questions you may have for anyone and I will make an attempt to contact them.  Hopefully, I can build a trust that may lead to actual interviews in person when I return to Texas in February of next year.  I would return earlier from Tennessee but I am scheduled for a neck surgery on December 22 that will require quite a bit of recovery time before I can board a flight back to my home state of Texas.  If I am lucky enough to land a face to face interview I will video it and make it exclusive to the ROKC site. 

I also realize that most of you are blood brothers from across the Big Pond in the UK or Australia.  I look forward to any suggestions.

H
Hugh, 

that is an extremely generous offer. I know the few times I have phoned witnesses in the US, it is a toss up as to what the reaction is going be to a call from Australia. 

Will have a think about it and If I can come up with anyone, I'll let you know and supply some questions for them.

Can I just add there is no need to put other members above you. Not everyone here is a researcher, but every single member who posts, contributes what they can, and all contributions build on what we have. In your case, there is no question that you are already making yourself a very valuable member, and I hope you are able to stick around.

We don't have the member numbers or viewer-ship of other forums, but what we lack there, we damn well make up for in quality... and in people willing to get their hands dirty digging into the mud and dirt and shit this case is covered in.

The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

https://gregrparker.com
Hugh Jorgan
Hugh Jorgan

Willing To Make Some Phone Calls Here in The States Empty Re: Willing To Make Some Phone Calls Here in The States

Mon 11 Dec 2017, 5:21 pm
Greg,

Thanks for the kind words!  I just wanted to make sure my posts were relevant and, being rather new, I get a little worried I might add something that is of no use.  I agree, you guys run the best forum I have found- no tin foil hats or pissing matches between WCs and LNs here and that is refreshing!  All I have read is based on hard research and documentation.  I am humbled to be accepted here.  Thanks again!

By the way, I sent you a PM.  Cheers!  H

Tue 12 Dec 2017, 8:26 pm
Hi Hugh and welcome. If you can have a chat with Buell Wesley Frazier that'd be awesome. If you can get him talking about PM that would be even more awesomer but really if you manage to speak with anyone associated with this case you'd be doing us a favour. Well done with Amos and if you get a chance and speak to him again bring up Brennan and ask him if Howard stole his story.
Hugh Jorgan
Hugh Jorgan

Wed 13 Dec 2017, 6:24 pm
Paul Francisco Paso wrote:Hi Hugh and welcome. If you can have a chat with Buell Wesley Frazier that'd be awesome. If you can get him talking about PM that would be even more awesomer but really if you manage to speak with anyone associated with this case you'd be doing us a favour. Well done with Amos and if you get a chance and speak to him again bring up Brennan and ask him if Howard stole his story.

Thanks for the welcome!  Buell would be great, but my reason for asking for specific questions (which you have given me) is that I'd rather not ask the same things that have been asked over a thousand times.  As I told Greg in a PM, I'd really like to talk with Bruce Carlin.  Apparently the guy still likes to party having been arrested in Texas at age 65 for possession of a controlled substance- most likely cocaine.  I became interested in the Carlin affair after reading Greg's post from years back.  I don't know Gary Shaw at all, but I think he missed out in a big way by not sticking around for Ms. Bennett back in 1992 before her death in 2010.  She obviously thought that BC was a real asshole and didn't trust him back then.  This supports what Tammi True said about him in her WC testimony (not that I think Ms. True was completely honest either).  Hopefully I'll be back in Texas by February and can post some results.

I have always had an interest in talking to real players in events in Texas lore.  Years ago, in 1994, I managed to track down Houston McCoy in a small town called Manard in Texas.  McCoy was the police officer that shot the University of Texas Tower sniper Charles Whitman back in 1966 and, thus, ended his rampage.  At the time I was really infatuated with that crime.  McCoy was really a nice guy and down on his luck living in a shack.  He was an alcoholic and invited myself and a friend of mine that took the trip with me and videoed the whole interview.  I still have the interview on an old 8mm video tape that was the cat's ass of technology at the time.  I was at the tender age of 26 (turned 50 today) and was surprised at how friendly  he was. I felt bad for the guy but he went into detail about it all and we spent the rest of the evening drinking beer while he reminisced.  Then we had about a 350 mile drive home back to Southeast Texas, arriving at about 3 a.m.  Man, those were carefree days!  I still have the video and need to transfer it to digital (I pray it hasn't degraded in any way).  McCoy died in 2010 at, I believe, age 70.  Two years later I went to Florida with this chick (you guys call them birds) and managed to talk with Whitman's dad.  No one had been able to do that in YEARS.  Cell phones were pretty new at the time and the girl I went with had one and she called him up and I think that was how I got to speak to the old guy.  Looking back, my questions were pretty weak with the elder Whitman- he had tears in his eyes and I am simply not cold enough to ask the hard questions.  He died in 2001.  I have a picture with him taken in his house.  But, I learned something about approaching people from those experiences.  I believe that you have to start out slow and gain a bit of trust and not just jump in and start asking hardball questions, especially in a case as old as JFK.  These people have been approached many times and, therefore, one has to be kind and build a sense of trust and honestly that comes with a real passion of actually knowing the truth.  People can sense if you are for real and not a sensationalist (I believe). Also, the technology for documenting these things is far superior than what was available in 1994 or 1996.  Something as simple as a GoPro is light years beyond the old analog videotape I used back then. 

As soon as I get through with this surgery and recovery I'll do my best.  If you PM any questions or post them here I'll make a Word document of them and try to organize them.  Hell, all they can do is say yes or no and no one is getting any younger! 

If I am on hiatus from the board for a while it isn't that I've gone away, but rather recovering from my surgery.

Best to all,

H

Wed 13 Dec 2017, 8:34 pm
Hugh Jorgan wrote:
Paul Francisco Paso wrote:Hi Hugh and welcome. If you can have a chat with Buell Wesley Frazier that'd be awesome. If you can get him talking about PM that would be even more awesomer but really if you manage to speak with anyone associated with this case you'd be doing us a favour. Well done with Amos and if you get a chance and speak to him again bring up Brennan and ask him if Howard stole his story.

Thanks for the welcome!  Buell would be great, but my reason for asking for specific questions (which you have given me) is that I'd rather not ask the same things that have been asked over a thousand times.  As I told Greg in a PM, I'd really like to talk with Bruce Carlin.  Apparently the guy still likes to party having been arrested in Texas at age 65 for possession of a controlled substance- most likely cocaine.  I became interested in the Carlin affair after reading Greg's post from years back.  I don't know Gary Shaw at all, but I think he missed out in a big way by not sticking around for Ms. Bennett back in 1992 before her death in 2010.  She obviously thought that BC was a real asshole and didn't trust him back then.  This supports what Tammi True said about him in her WC testimony (not that I think Ms. True was completely honest either).  Hopefully I'll be back in Texas by February and can post some results.

I have always had an interest in talking to real players in events in Texas lore.  Years ago, in 1994, I managed to track down Houston McCoy in a small town called Manard in Texas.  McCoy was the police officer that shot the University of Texas Tower sniper Charles Whitman back in 1966 and, thus, ended his rampage.  At the time I was really infatuated with that crime.  McCoy was really a nice guy and down on his luck living in a shack.  He was an alcoholic and invited myself and a friend of mine that took the trip with me and videoed the whole interview.  I still have the interview on an old 8mm video tape that was the cat's ass of technology at the time.  I was at the tender age of 26 (turned 50 today) and was surprised at how friendly  he was. I felt bad for the guy but he went into detail about it all and we spent the rest of the evening drinking beer while he reminisced.  Then we had about a 350 mile drive home back to Southeast Texas, arriving at about 3 a.m.  Man, those were carefree days!  I still have the video and need to transfer it to digital (I pray it hasn't degraded in any way).  McCoy died in 2010 at, I believe, age 70.  Two years later I went to Florida with this chick (you guys call them birds) and managed to talk with Whitman's dad.  No one had been able to do that in YEARS.  Cell phones were pretty new at the time and the girl I went with had one and she called him up and I think that was how I got to speak to the old guy.  Looking back, my questions were pretty weak with the elder Whitman- he had tears in his eyes and I am simply not cold enough to ask the hard questions.  He died in 2001.  I have a picture with him taken in his house.  But, I learned something about approaching people from those experiences.  I believe that you have to start out slow and gain a bit of trust and not just jump in and start asking hardball questions, especially in a case as old as JFK.  These people have been approached many times and, therefore, one has to be kind and build a sense of trust and honestly that comes with a real passion of actually knowing the truth.  People can sense if you are for real and not a sensationalist (I believe). Also, the technology for documenting these things is far superior than what was available in 1994 or 1996.  Something as simple as a GoPro is light years beyond the old analog videotape I used back then. 

As soon as I get through with this surgery and recovery I'll do my best.  If you PM any questions or post them here I'll make a Word document of them and try to organize them.  Hell, all they can do is say yes or no and no one is getting any younger! 

If I am on hiatus from the board for a while it isn't that I've gone away, but rather recovering from my surgery.

Best to all,

H

Happy birthday, Hugh!

Ask them whatever you think might get them talking. Hopefully they'll slip up.
It's great that you're recording history for yourself. They should teach that at school.
We call them chicks and birds here as well as Sheilas but they don't like to be called that nowadays. They probably didn't back in our day either but they didn't seem to mind back then.
Anyways I hope you had a great day, mate.
StanDane
StanDane
https://prayermanleeharveyoswald.blogspot.com/

Wed 13 Dec 2017, 9:39 pm
Hi Hugh, I hope your recovery is going well! 

As far as making contact with people, if you could get in touch with anyone who worked at the TSBD, it would be nice to ask them if they knew Jack Dougherty. If so, do they know of any pictures that may exist of him, and/or could they give a detailed description of his physical appearance and build. He's been a person of interest here for some time and knowing what he looked like might help us identify him in photos from 11.22.63.

Thanks, Stan
Hugh Jorgan
Hugh Jorgan

Thu 14 Dec 2017, 1:04 pm
Stan Dane wrote:Hi Hugh, I hope your recovery is going well! 

As far as making contact with people, if you could get in touch with anyone who worked at the TSBD, it would be nice to ask them if they knew Jack Dougherty. If so, do they know of any pictures that may exist of him, and/or could they give a detailed description of his physical appearance and build. He's been a person of interest here for some time and knowing what he looked like might help us identify him in photos from 11.22.63.

Thanks, Stan

Will do.  I'll review Dougherty and his background and see who was connected with him.

Thanks for the kind words and the birthday wishes. 

The last time I was in England was in 1999.  Bart makes me miss my favorite part- the pubs!  Man, I'd love to go back and have a pint with some like minded blokes!  I met an Australian couple at the Grand Place in Brussels- nice folks.  I hope to visit there one day.  

I picked up the "birds" comment while visiting Europe and England.  I also learned that a "fag" has a different connotation there!  Some guy at the pub said he was "going to get a fag."   I was bit confused by this,to say the least!  Good times!
TerryWMartin
TerryWMartin
http://martianpublishing.com

Fri 15 Dec 2017, 1:43 am
Hugh,

Like Stan said, anyone at the TSBD would be good. It might be interesting to talk to the lesser known people there that were never called up by the WC or hounded by reporters. They might have insights heretofore unrevealed. They also might not have the pressures - like that felt by Buell - over the years to "stick to the same story".

Best to you in your recovery.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum