REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ROKC IS NOW CLOSED AND IS READ ONLY. WE THANK THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US OVER THE LAST 14 YEARS.

Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
Brian says...Sat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 pmEd.Ledoux
last drinks before the bar closesSat 30 Dec 2023, 2:46 pmTony Krome
The Mystery of Dirk Thomas KunertSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:23 pmTony Krome
Vickie AdamsSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:14 pmgreg_parker
Busted again: Tex ItaliaSat 30 Dec 2023, 9:22 amEd.Ledoux
The Raleigh CallSat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 ambarto
Was Oswald ever confronted with the physical rifle?Sat 30 Dec 2023, 12:03 amCastroSimp
Who Dat? Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:24 pmTony Krome
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
Keywords

3  hosty  9  Mason  tippit  Darnell  doyle  zapruder  beckley  fritz  +Lankford  prayer  frazier  Weigman  paine  Lankford  2  4  Floor  tsbd  David  11  3a  Humor  Theory  Lifton  

Like/Tweet/+1

The Voice Of Buell Frazier

+5
Jake_Sykes
AllenLowe
greg_parker
Mick_Purdy
Vinny
9 posters
Go down
Vinny

The Voice Of Buell Frazier Empty The Voice Of Buell Frazier

Fri 30 Oct 2020, 7:28 pm
An excerpt from the Lone star book that I mentioned in the Pat Hall thread.

THE VOICE OF BUELL WESLEY FRAZIER

“I know you have police out in the hall there, but I can get two
or three good licks on you before they get in here!”

[size=40] W[/size]hile Lee Harvey Oswald was being interrogated by the Dallas Police, the man who had mentored him when he first began working at the Texas School Book Depository and who had occasionally driven him to and from work from the Dallas suburb of Irving was undergoing a police interrogation himself.

Buell Wesley Frazier lived half a block away from where Oswald’s wife and children were staying in Irving. This tall, lanky nineteen-year-old from Huntsville, Texas, had been employed at the Depository only since September of l963. However, he was a quick learner and a patient teacher who enjoyed helping others. Frazier was asked by his supervisor, William Shelley, to mentor Oswald when he began working at the Depository in October 1963.

On the morning of November 22, he drove himself and Oswald to work at the Depository. As far as Frazier knew, it was mere coincidence that Ruth Paine, a neighbor who had befriended Oswald’s wife Marina, lived only a few houses from Frazier’s older sister, Linnie Randle. Paine even offered to let Oswald’s Russian wife and their children stay with her in Irving because,she said, she wanted to improve her Russian language skills. Randle was allowing her younger brother Buell to live with her and her family until he could save enough money to live on his own.

Paine had explained to Randle that Marina Oswald’s husband was looking for work and asked Randle if her brother Buell knew of any openings at the Texas School Book Depository. Through what appears to be an innocent encounter between two neighbors, Oswald was able to obtain work in the same building as Buell Wesley Frazier. Oddly enough, it was Ruth Paine, not Oswald, who directly contacted the Depository and arranged for Oswald’s employment interview. Who knows where Oswald might have been working on November 22, 1963, if Good Samaritan Ruth Paine had not assisted with his employment difficulties.

Though Frazier and Oswald never became close, Frazier was important to Oswald. Unlike Oswald, Frazier had a driver’s license and access to a car, so occasionally he drove Oswald from work to Irving on Friday afternoons so he could spend the weekend with his family. Oswald also rode back to work on Monday mornings with Frazier.

To Be Continued

Last edited by Vinny on Fri 30 Oct 2020, 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

The Voice Of Buell Frazier Empty Re: The Voice Of Buell Frazier

Fri 30 Oct 2020, 7:33 pm
Frazier shared memories of Oswald with the authors on three different occasions. In 2019, we asked a question we had neglected to ask before. We inquired as to whether he had ever driven to Ruth Paine’s house to pick up Oswald, or if Oswald had walked to Frazier’s nearby house.

“November 22, 1963 is the only day that Lee walked all the way to my sister’s house,” Frazier replied. “Every other time, he either waited for me in Mrs. Paine’s front yard or he walked towards my sister’s house and I picked him up halfway.”
When asked why Oswald had appeared at his sister’s house on November 22 when he had never done so before, Frazier was quick to explain. “Well, that was my fault. I was running late that morning and I guess Lee got tired of waiting for me and just walked on down to my house. There wasn’t anything mysterious about it. It was because I was late picking him up.”

Oswald had not needed to ride with his neighbor every day because he had rented a room in a boarding house in a Dallas suburb and could ride the city bus to work during the week. His absence lessened some of the tension in the Paine household. Three adults and four children in the tiny Irving house made living conditions difficult, especially when the husband and wife were having disagreements, as the Oswalds sometimes did.

Frazier remembered how lovingly Oswald always spoke of his older daughter, June, and how excited he was about the new baby daughter who arrived on October 20. He also remembered seeing Oswald playing with Ruth Paine’s children out in the front yard of the Paine house. In the yard stood a large oak tree, under which Oswald and the children played. The children
referred to him as “Mr. Lee,” and they looked forward to his weekend visits.

The nickname the Paine children used for Oswald could explain why he used that particular alias when renting his room at the Beckley boarding house, though Oswald himself claimed that Earlene Roberts misunderstood his name and he had not bothered to correct her. (A simple handwriting test of the signature “O. H. Lee,” which was written on a scrap of paper saved by the landlords of Oswald’s boarding house, would have quickly determined whether Oswald deliberately signed an alias on a receipt, or whether Roberts simply wrote down the name she thought she heard. Unfortunately, no test was made.)

When Marina Oswald called the boarding house and asked for “Lee Oswald” one evening, she was told there was no boarder by that name. This is because, according to the landlords, Oswald had rented his room under the name “O. H. Lee.” As suspicious as this sounds, this may well have occurred because Oswald was paying his rent in cash. It might have been more
convenient if the name of a “cash-paying boarder” did not appear on IRS records. So, Oswald’s “alias” may not have been suspicious at all.

Frazier recalled an Oswald similar to the one Pat Hall and Oswald’s Russian friends remembered. “He tried to fit in with the other employees, was polite, and did what he was told to do. He was nice and kind to me,”Frazier said.” As a twenty-four-year-old ex-Marine, Oswald could have resented being paired with a younger man when he first began work at the
Depository, but he did not. Frazier was told to show Oswald the procedures necessary to fill book orders, and it did not take the new employee long to catch on.

“I decided on the second day to give him a test,” Frazier recalled. “I placed orders on a clip board for various textbooks which he had to find and fill. He and I were the only two employees that had access to all seven floors because we had to move the books around and also talk to publisher representatives that were on the second, third, and fourth floors. Sometimes, a school administrator would show up wanting a teacher’s edition of some textbook, and we would have to go find it. I was really surprised that day. He filled every order correctly with no problem at all. After that, he worked on
his own.”

To Be Continued

Fri 30 Oct 2020, 7:35 pm
The two men spent a minimal amount of time together at work. Frazier usually ate his lunch in the basement of the Depository with another employee, Jack Dougherty. Oswald usually ate in the second-floor lunch room.

“We did not socialize after work or on weekends,” Frazier explained. On Thursday, November 21, 1963, Oswald asked Frazier if he could catch a ride home with him that evening. “Sure,” Frazier answered, “but this is only Thursday.” This was the only time Oswald had ever asked Frazier for a ride on a weekday.

“I know, but I need to pick up some curtain rods. Marina made some curtains for me and I need to get the rods,” Oswald explained.

On the way home, neither man discussed the President’s planned visit the following day. Their conversation was similar to previous ones. They talked about the weather and Oswald’s daughters. On Friday morning, November 22, Oswald walked down the street to Frazier’s house and waited for him in the front yard. Frazier and his sister both noticed that Oswald was holding a package wrapped in brown paper that was about two feet long. As the two men climbed into the car, Oswald tossed the package into the back seat.“What’s in the package, Lee?” Frazier asked.

“Curtain rods,” he answered.
“Oh, that’s right,” said Frazier. “You told me that yesterday.”

That morning, the two men speculated on the possibility of rain as they drove into downtown Dallas. Frazier parked his l954 Chevy Bel Air in the employee parking lot, a few blocks behind the Depository. Oswald picked up the paper package as he disembarked from the automobile and cupped it under his arm as he walked towards the Depository. He entered the building
through the back doors; that is the last time Frazier saw the brown package that the FBI would soon use to connect Oswald to the assassination of President Kennedy.

As Frazier entered the Depository a minute or two after Oswald, he was approached by Junior Jarman. Jarman was one of the few Depository employees who consistently read the Dallas newspaper every morning. This morning he waved it at Frazier.
“Wesley, the President’s motorcade is going to pass right in front of our building today.” Frazier had not even been aware that the President was coming to Dallas. “Do you think Mr. Shelley would let us go out during our lunch time and watch it?” Jarman asked.

“I don’t know,” Frazier replied, “but I’ll go ask.” When Frazier approached William Shelley with the suggestion, Shelley indicated that he had to get permission from Jack Cason, the president of the Depository. He returned shortly afterward saying that Mr. Cason did not mind and that Frazier was to share this with all the Depository employees. So, Frazier made
sure that all Depository employees, including Oswald, knew they were allowed to spend their lunch time in front of the Depository witnessing the motorcade of President Kennedy and his wife.

To Be Continued

Fri 30 Oct 2020, 7:38 pm
Some of the employees took advantage of this opportunity. Others watched from open windows. Some simply ate their lunches as they always did. Jack Cason simply left the Depository at 11:50.Victoria Adams and Sandra Styles, Scott-Foresman employees, chose to stay in their fourth-floor office and watch the procession from their windows.On the fifth floor, Junior Jarman, Harold Norman and, eventually, Bonnie Ray Williams opened the windows that faced Elm Street so they could get a better view of the presidential motorcade. Williams spent part of his lunch hour on the sixth floor of the Depository near the window from which witnesses later claimed to have seen individuals. He stayed until about 12:20
p.m. According to the Dallas Police, he made the mistake of leaving his chicken remains and an empty Dr. Pepper bottle near the area which would soon become known as the “sniper’s nest.”

Frazier had no way of knowing who was on the upper floors, but he did know who was standing near him on the steps of the Depository. Controversy continues to swirl around the witnesses who waited on those steps. However, as Fraizer said at a conference in Dallas recently, “I am the only one in this room that was there that day.”

Like many of the other employees, he wanted to take full advantage of the opportunity to see the President and the First Lady. The Depository was the perfect location for a close look at the presidential motorcade. Not long before the President’s motorcade turned onto Elm Street, Frazier took his place behind his supervisor, William Shelley. Next to him stood a fellow
employee, Sarah Stanton. Neither Frazier nor Stanton can be seen in photos taken that day because they stood on the top step, in the shadows of the Depository building.

Next to William Shelley stood Frazier’s close friend and co-worker, Billy Lovelady. Because he was shorter than Frazier, Frazier suggested that Lovelady step down in front of him so he could get a better view.Consequently, a famous photo taken by news photographer James Altgens shows Lovelady staring intently at the President’s limousine. (Like Frazier,Lovelady soon realized that his life would never be the same after November 22, 1963.) Though Lovelady and Frazier were friends, Lovelady was unaware that Frazier lived near Oswald’s family and that Oswald sometimes rode with him to and from work. There had really been no reason for the two men to discuss Oswald.

According to Lovelady’s Warren Commission deposition, right before noon he and some other employees on the sixth floor used elevators to head downstairs for lunch. Lovelady heard Oswald, then filling orders on the sixth floor, yell for them to hold the elevator, but his co-workers were in a hurry and went ahead without him. Lovelady took his lunch and stood on the steps of the Depository next to William Shelley. The photo by Altgens shows him standing right where he says he was. However, the photographer was so far away that enlargements of the area somewhat distort Lovelady’s image.

To Be Continued

Fri 30 Oct 2020, 7:42 pm
Frazier has looked at this photo numerous times. Each time he pointed to the shadows behind Lovelady. “That is where I was standing,” he said emphatically. “That is Billy. Not Oswald,” he emphasized. Lovelady resembled Oswald so much he was
mistaken for the accused assassin. As Frazier watched the motorcade pass, he heard three shots and saw spectators begin running west towards the triple underpass. Shelley and Lovelady immediately ran in that direction, too, simply because that’s where all the activity seemed to be. From their position on the steps, the men were unable to see whether anyone in the motorcade was hit by the shots.

“I think the only reason Billy and Mr. Shelley ran to the underpass area is because that’s where so many other bystanders were running,” commented Frazier. Importantly, the witnesses on the Depository steps did not look up to the upper floors.
On the way to the underpass, Lovelady and Shelley encountered Gloria Calvary running from the area later known as “the grassy knoll” or the “grassy area.”

“The President’s been shot!” she cried, so Shelley and Lovelady changed directions and followed the crowds towards the railroad tracks, which were north of the grassy area. Frazier and Sarah Stanton moved down to the sidewalk in front of the Depository and talked with other bystanders about the sounds they had heard, still uncertain as to whether there had been shots or not.

Recently, Frazier shared a detail he had forgotten for decades. As he stood at the corner of Elm and Houston, he glanced up and saw Oswald walk from behind the Depository, cross Houston Street, and proceed south. He did not appear to be in a hurry, and Frazier did not think anything of the fact that he was leaving. Frazier looked embarrassed as he recalled his next actions.

“I know this sounds terrible, but remember, I was only nineteen, and it was my lunch hour, and I was hungry. I only had so much time to eat, so I went down to the basement of the building like I did every day and ate my lunch. I was sitting there reading a book and eating when a policeman came down the stairs and asked me my name. I told him, and he asked if anyone
else had come down to the basement. I told him ‘no,’ so he went back upstairs.”

The officer did not bother to search the basement to make sure the young man was telling the truth. After Frazier finished his lunch, he went upstairs and was told Shelley was conducting a roll call of employees. He remembered that Oswald did not answer roll call, but he wasn’t the only one. Shelley then dismissed all employees and told them to plan on returning
Monday at their regular time.

With Depository employees dismissed for the remainder of the day,Frazier decided to visit his stepfather, who was in an Irving hospital recovering from a heart attack. A radio broadcast indicated that the President had died and that a suspect had been arrested at the Texas Theatre in Oak Cliff. Little did Frazier know that the suspect was one of his co-workers, and
that he himself would soon become a suspect also.

He was at the hospital only a short time when two Dallas detectives, Gus Rose and Bill Stovall, approached him and immediately arrested him. They had tracked Frazier to the hospital even though he had told no one at the Depository where he was going. When he demanded to know why he was being arrested, they announced that it was in connection with the President’s assassination.

“That’s ridiculous,” Frazier responded, but they drove him directly to the Dallas Police Department, where he was ushered into a third-floor office and subjected to hours and hours of intense questioning by detectives.
“It was like a military tribunal. I couldn’t look right or left, up or down. When I asked for a glass of water, they told me they would check to see if I could have some.” This nineteen-year-old finally found himself totally alone with Captain Will Fritz, a legendary interrogator, who immediately slammed a typed piece of paper on top of the weathered desk separating the two.
“Sign this!” Fritz demanded. Frazier was a small-town boy from Huntsville, Texas, but he had been taught to never sign anything before reading it. As he read the words typed on the paper, his eyes widened with shock. The statement said he had helped plan the assassination of the President. The only thing the “confession” lacked was his signature.

“Sign it!” the head of the Homicide Bureau insisted again. When Frazier protested that the words on the statement were untrue, Fritz raised his hand to strike him. Will Fritz had chosen the wrong boy to intimidate. This young man, who still proudly wore his FFA jacket, grew up with a stepfather who was tougher than Fritz ever hoped to be.

To Be Continued

Fri 30 Oct 2020, 7:47 pm
In Frazier’s opinion, his childhood had ended at age ten, when his stepfather put him to work doing whatever it took to pay his room and board —twenty dollars a week. Occasionally, Frazier’s mother managed to persuade her husband to give her son a quarter from what he had earned. The boy knew that if he did not have the twenty dollars at the end of the week, he
would have no place to sleep. At such a young age, he was limited in the types of jobs he could do. So, Frazier performed odd jobs around town and mowed lawns from dawn to dusk, no matter how hot it was.

“I remember a nice lady offering me a Mason jar of sweet tea one hot afternoon,” he said quietly, “but my stepfather happened to walk around the corner of her house as she was handing it to me.” He berated the boy for stopping long enough to drink a glass of tea, and when the woman told him of her insistence, the stepfather made it clear that his stepson was to do only what his stepfather told him to do.

This wasn’t the first time neighbors objected to the way the stepfather treated Frazier; another man gave the stepfather a piece of his mind on finding out that the boy kept only fifty cents from what he was paid for mowing the large lawn. Once again, the stepfather was adamant that he controlled his household. Frazier finally convinced the people trying to help him that it would be worse for him at home if they said anything in his defense.

School was not a priority to Frazier’s stepfather, but it was to his stepson.As soon as Buell Wesley Frazier left school each day, he was expected to work at a diner near Sam Houston State University. The grill did not close until midnight, so that is when the boy headed home each evening, knowing he had homework that needed to be completed. He also knew that he dare not turn on a single light in the house because it would awaken his stepfather. He did as much homework as he could by moonlight. “I might be able to stay awake thirty minutes or so, but then I would just fall asleep and I had to get up at 6:00 in the morning to feed the animals and help with chores around the house.” Frazier lived in fear of his stepfather’s
temper and what would happen to him if he crossed him. Sleeping late was never an option.

Frazier’s stepfather was not the only frightening individual in the young man’s life. He also knew “Pete” Kay, who was, along with his father, an important figure in the Dixie Mafia. According to Frazier, they offered him the chance to become a member of the “family.” By then, Frazier had already met one group member, a man so heartless that locking eyes with him made his blood run cold. Frazier identified this man as Charles Harrelson; others who knew Harrelson also commented on how coldly he could stare down someone. Frazier decided to take his sister’s advice and not take up the offer.

They both thought he would be much safer in Dallas!Of course, Capt. Will Fritz knew none of this. He also did not know that
with his short, stocky build, he resembled Frazier’s German stepfather.Consequently, Fritz’s intimidating behavior did not catch Frazier off-guard.Even when the Captain rose from his chair and raised his arm as if to strike the young man, Frazier instinctively raised his own arm to block the blow. He then confronted Fritz with a threat of his own.

“I know you have police out in the hall there, but I can get two or three good licks on you before they get in here!” Frazier warned his adversary. Fritz stared at him in disbelief. Frazier wondered if anyone had ever dared to speak to the Captain that way. His threat must have sounded sincere because Fritz grabbed the typed “confession” and stormed out of the room.
Frazier never saw him see again.

However, the interrogation by other Dallas police officers lasted until the early hours of Saturday morning. They focused on the brown package Oswald had tossed into the back seat of Frazier’s l954 Chevy Bel Air. It did not matter how many times Frazier told them that the package was only two feet long, wrapped in the kind of paper that grocery sacks were made from,
and that it did look like prepackaged curtain rods. It did not matter that Frazier knew this because he once worked at a five and dime store where he inventoried packages of curtain rods. That was not what the police officers wanted to hear.

Despite proclaiming his innocence, Frazier was arrested, fingerprinted,photographed, and given a lie detector test. Both his rifle and his pistol were confiscated by the police and not returned to him for quite some time. He was never offered an attorney, nor allowed to call his family.

Finally, after giving the same answers to the same questions for hours,Frazier was released about two o’clock in the morning. The police drove him back to the hospital in Irving where his car was parked. To his surprise, it was not in the same condition as when he had left it. It had been thoroughly searched; in fact, the back seat had been totally pulled out and was left lying
on its frame. No one had ever shown him any type of search warrant. But at this point, the nineteen-year-old was just grateful to be out of jail and headed for his own bed.

To Be Continued

Fri 30 Oct 2020, 7:51 pm
On Monday, November 25, as the country observed a national day of mourning, employees of the Texas School Book Depository worked as usual,even though President Kennedy was being buried that day, as was one of their co-workers.

Frazier remembered that for several days after the assassination, Depository employees worked silently, still stunned by the President’s death and by the fact that someone they had known and worked with had been arrested for killing President Kennedy, then been murdered himself. Apparently, none of them questioned why the Depository was not closed on Monday, November 25, 1963, for the President’s funeral, and no one dared ask for permission to attend Lee Harvey Oswald’s funeral.

Frazier kept his own experiences with the Dallas police department to himself. He later discovered that his arrest record was completely erased, so there was no official record that the Dallas police had ever even considered him a suspect.However, Captain Fritz may not have had the opportunity to do the same thing (typing up a confession and threatening him if he did not sign it) to Oswald that he had done to Frazier. Oswald’s interrogation room was too crowded for that. Fritz once said that if he had ever had the chance to “question” Oswald alone, he could have gotten a confession from him. Now there is evidence of the methods he might have used.

The “Oswald” Frazier knew never discussed guns, shooting, or the President. The man described in the newspapers as the President’s “accused assassin” was not the “Oswald” Frazier had known. Frazier was especially concerned about the police saying Oswald had carried a rifle to the Depository in Frazier’s car on November 22.

For his own peace of mind, Frazier located a rifle with a serial number only a few digits off from the serial number on the rifle Oswald was accused of using to kill the President. He dismantled it and wrapped it in brown paper so he and his sister could compare the size with the way they remembered Oswald’s package looking on that Friday.

“It was obviously still too long,” he said. “Lee could not have carried even a dismantled rifle like that one under his arm.” Frazier’s sister agreed. If Oswald had really been carrying curtain rods that day, they should have been found somewhere in the Depository. Supposedly, they were never found. However, a few years after the assassination, Frazier received an intriguing phone call. Once the caller established that she was speaking to the man who had driven Oswald to work on November 22, 1963, she quietly confided to Frazier that some curtain rods had indeed been found in the Depository after the assassination.

She then hung up without revealing her identity. Apparently, this woman wanted Frazier to know that someone knew his story was true. If this woman knew the truth, other people did, too.What no one has ever mentioned is that Oswald could have easily blamed the brown package and everything else on Frazier. It would have been so simple for Oswald to say the brown package was lying on the back seat of Frazier’s car when he entered it and that Frazier, not him, carried it into the Depository. Frazier, like Oswald, had access to the sixth floor. If Oswald were as deceitful and guilty as critics have portrayed him, he would have placed the blame on someone else. Who else would have been a better patsy than Buell Wesley Frazier?

Perhaps Frazier was more fortunate than he realized. He has often thought about what would have happened to him if he had foolishly signed the “confession” that Captain Will Fritz prepared for him. “I would probably still be in federal prison,” he commented. There is also a good chance that, like the man who rode with him to the Depository on that fateful November Friday, he would be dead.

In the end, it can be definitively said that Lee Harvey Oswald, guilty or innocent, did not try to do what Will Fritz did—attempt to place the blame on an innocent man!

Sat 31 Oct 2020, 10:36 am
Thanks for sharing Vinny

The Voice Of Buell Frazier Byp_211
Vinny

Sat 31 Oct 2020, 1:22 pm
Welcome Mick.

Admin
http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Sat 31 Oct 2020, 6:04 pm
Vinny wrote:Through what appears to be an innocent encounter between two neighbors, Oswald was able to obtain work in the same building as Buell Wesley Frazier.
Key phrase: "What appears to be"

But an innocent encounter has to overcome some hurdles.

1. Linnie testified that she made a list of places where - and I am paraphrasing here - a dumbass hillbilly like her brother could get a job (if anyone wants to argue about that paraphrasing, look up the exact words she used. It's not far off). She also stated that this same list was given verbally to Marina and Ruth for Lee. So why was the TSBD singled out? Claims that they were still hiring were belied by Truly laying someone off the previous day and by his testimony that he got some of the men laying floors to keep them working while it was quiet. Why is Ruth making the call when Lee was perfectly capable of doing so and normally would insisyed ondoing so because of his independent nature?
  2. Why did Buell lie about which employment agency got him the job? Why wasn't the agency contract obtained (which would have shown Buell owing x percentage of initial pay check) (Liook here for "Oswald's job: The Setup" by John Manning (due for an update soon)
  3. "Innocent" has to also overcoming the timing of Buell starting at the TSBD coinciding with the planning of the Dallas motrcade.
  4. Why was the permanent and better paying position at the airport not passed on to Lee by Ruth? 

==============================
It was indeed the "slow season, as testified to by Bonnie Rae Williams

Mr. BALL. When you went to work there, did. you work at the building on the corner of Houston and Elm?
Mr. WILLIAMS. No, sir. The first time I went there I was hired on at the other warehouse, the lower part of Houston Street.
Mr. BALL. By lower part, do you mean north of the main building?
Mr. WILLIAMS. Yes, sir. Down further, the big white building.
Mr. BALL. That is sort of a warehouse?
Mr. WILLIAMS. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. You went to work there. That is about a block, a block and a half north?
Mr. WILLIAMS. A block and a half.
Mr. BALL. North of the corner of Houston and Elm?
Mr. WILLIAMS. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. And how long did you work at that place?
Mr. WILLIAMS. Well, I worked there until business began to get slow. I think that was--it was before November. I think it was some time during October. I am not sure.
Mr. BALL. And what did they put you to work at at that time?
Mr. WILLIAMS. They called me up to help lay a floor on the fifth floor, they wanted more boards over it. As I say, business was slow, and they were trying to keep us on without laying us off at the time. So I was using the saw, helping cut wood and lay wood.

Truly himself inadevertantly testified to it being slow when he said: 

Mr. BELIN. Do they just pick up the piece of paper for the order and carry them around with them?
Mr. TRULY. That is right, Most of them use a clipboard. They may have several orders at a time on the clipboard. That saves them going back to the table continually for one order. These orders amount from anything to $3 or $4 to $300 or $400, on up.
But usually if a boy is filling Scott, Foresman's orders, for instance, and he sees half a dozen over there, he will pick up maybe that many.
But during our busy season, when we have stacks and stacks of orders on the table, they don't try to put them all on a clipboard, they take a few at a time when they go to the sixth floor after stock, they try to be certain what they need for several orders at one trip.

During Oswald's employment, all the order-fillers, including Oswald, used clipboards.

We know from Charles Givens that the company did not historically invent work in order to keep workers on. Why did they do so on this occasion?

Mr. BELIN. Was there any period of time that you haven't worked there?
Mr. GIVENS. Yes, sir.
Mr. BELIN. What happened then?
Mr. GIVENS. Well, I Just, you know, sometimes I had some days to layoff during the slack season, like it is now, and when it' is rush season he calls you back.
Mr. BELIN. So it was just a question of being laid off during the slack season?
Mr. GIVENS. Yes, sir.

The sudden burst of charity to keep people employed and only needing to lay one person off became the excuse to hire Lee. It is unclear if Truly hired him out of pity for the sob story given by Ruth or because they put too many fillers on the floor laying, creating a short-term need. But either way, the dog don't hunt, the boat don't float and the mule don't kick.

From the moment a motorcade was decided in September, there was never any real doubt it would take the same route as previous motorcades, past a red brick building on Elm. It was only a matter of getting the patsy in there - accomplished with the possibly unwitting help of Buell.

The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

https://gregrparker.com
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Sun 01 Nov 2020, 11:06 pm
Oswald had not needed to ride with his neighbor every day because he had rented a room in a boarding house in a Dallas suburb and could ride the city bus to work during the week. 

Yet this bus that he allegedly rode nearly every work day for 6 weeks was never identified and neither driver nor regular riders interviewed. All that potential insight into the daily demeanor of the accused gone begging.

The children referred to him as “Mr. Lee,” and they looked forward to his weekend visits.
He was teaching them Kung Fu.

The nickname the Paine children used for Oswald could explain why he used that particular alias when renting his room at the Beckley boarding house, though Oswald himself claimed that Earlene Roberts misunderstood his name and he had not bothered to correct her. 
Jut how does that work? 

How do you give your name as "Lee Oswald" or "Lee H Oswald" and have the persom mistake that for "OH Lee"? 

It is is too silly to seriously consider this is really what happened. 

But that's okay because we have this back-up story that he simply wrote his name like that on a scrap of paper allegedly acting as some type of record of payment.

(A simple handwriting test of the signature “O. H. Lee,” which was written on a scrap of paper saved by the landlords of Oswald’s boarding house, would have quickly determined whether Oswald deliberately signed an alias on a receipt, or whether Roberts simply wrote down the name she thought she heard. Unfortunately, no test was made.)
The testimony from Gladys Johnson was that Oswald wrote it.

But as everyone here knows, the scrap of paper was not only not tested, Gladys was allowed to keep the original so she culd sell it and the commission made do with a copy - useless as evidence.

Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

Vinny

Wed 04 Nov 2020, 3:26 pm
Thanks Greg. Lots of things about Frazier do not add up. He still seems to be holding some things back. Hope he will reveal it some day.

Mon 16 Nov 2020, 8:41 am
I am not around here much, though fascinated by the whole Frazier thing. I just wanted to make one sort-of correction to something in the retelling of Frazier's story. It is not likely that Oswald got the idea to use "Lee" as an alias from the children calling him Mr. Lee. This is a Southern thing, where people call older people as Mr. or Miss plus their first name. It's a respectful way of address. So it wouldn't have been especially notable to Oswald.
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Mon 16 Nov 2020, 10:43 am
AllenLowe wrote:I am not around here much, though fascinated by the whole Frazier thing. I just wanted to make one sort-of correction to something in the retelling of Frazier's story. It is not likely that Oswald got the idea to use "Lee" as an alias from the children calling him Mr. Lee. This is a Southern thing, where people call older people as Mr. or Miss plus their first name. It's a respectful way of address. So it wouldn't have been especially notable to Oswald.
Thanks Allen. Always good to have that local knowledge and insight passed on.

Given what you say, I would have to think that there were other local kids playing with the Paine kids. I doubt Ruth would have told her kids to address him as "Mr Lee" and I doubt Ruth's kids did it without "learning" from other kids, or being told to do it by adults.

Me

Don Jeffries

Vinny

Mon 16 Nov 2020, 1:16 pm
Welcome back Allen.

Mon 22 Feb 2021, 11:31 am
Maybe one day Frazier will open up about what he may know about the JFK assassination in a way similar to the way Ray Wood did about Malcolm X's assassination. Here is an article on it: 

https://abcnews.go.com/US/claims-surrounding-malcolm-assassination-surface-letter-written-nypd/story?id=76031383&cid=clicksource_4380645_3_heads_hero_live_twopack_hed

It sure shows how big secrets can be kept and how authorities can manipulate people through intimidation and fear.

Tue 23 Feb 2021, 10:15 am
Jake_Sykes wrote:Maybe one day Frazier will open up about what he may know about the JFK assassination in a way similar to the way Ray Wood did about Malcolm X's assassination. Here is an article on it: 

https://abcnews.go.com/US/claims-surrounding-malcolm-assassination-surface-letter-written-nypd/story?id=76031383&cid=clicksource_4380645_3_heads_hero_live_twopack_hed

It sure shows how big secrets can be kept and how authorities can manipulate people through intimidation and fear.
Jake, you know by now how I feel about Buell Wesley Frazier and his recounting of the events from the days leading up to and the weekend following the assassination. 
His story doesn't gel, never has for me. 

As you know I've spent a great deal of time researching his statements, his various public interviews, his numerous public speeches and the official reports from authorities for the past 7 years. 
He and his sister in my opinion were either wittingly or unwittingly involved in the framing of Lee Oswald and then covered that up for the remainder of time. Frazier was a key person of interest from the get-go. 
He was a suspect. 

His ever-changing stories are well documented. He and his sister were the only two people on this earth who swear they saw Oswald with a package long enough to carry a rifle on the Friday morning.

Thank-you for the link Jake, for me this re-enforces the idea that secrets can be kept and that authorities can and will always find ways to ensure they are kept that way.

Jake_Sykes
Jake_Sykes

Tue 23 Feb 2021, 3:46 pm
You're welcome Mick. Glad you liked it.

Thu 11 Mar 2021, 3:03 pm
Frazier's recollection of his post assassination movements after leaving the TSBD as represented above are pure BS. He claimed similarly to an oral history with Gary Mack in 2002. Mack made a mild questioning of them at the time but let it drop. Frazier’s HSCA interview is available on YouTube and although not the greatest sound quality most is reasonably clear. On more than on occasion he said he went home first. He claimed to have heard JFK pronounced dead in the car radio on the way there.

When he arrived his mother was there. This was likely around 2pm. At one point he said his sister was there as well and they were watching TV coverage of the assassination. Another time he says his sister was at the hospital. I suspect the former. I believe the earliest Oswald was mentioned over the media that day was 2.42pm. At the point Frazier knew he was in deep doodoo.

Damage control would have cut in at that point and I suspect mother was left at the house and brother and sister head for the hospital. Frazier mentioned that the cops came looking for him at the house and talked to his mother. Makes sense as he would obviously be a person of interest after the TSBD coworkers told the DPD of him giving Oswald a ride. Frazier's address could be obtained from Truly.

There were 3 detectives and 3 Sheriff’s deputies at the Paine’s by about 2.30pm. Not hard to check out the Randle's for Buell at some point. My suspicion is that those cops asked the mother if she saw oswald that morning. When she said yes the next thing to ask was he carrying a package?........mother contacts them at the hospital and the package story evolves into curtain rods. It is his way out....except he doesn’t know the description won’t work for the rifle. He gets the type of paper wrong as well as the length......because he has never seen it or the rifle broken down.
Vinny

Fri 12 Mar 2021, 6:31 pm
You are right, Colin. His stories have changed over the years. He never mentioned seeing Oswald leaving by the rear entrance for many decades then suddenly "remembers" it. Quite fishy.

Sat 13 Mar 2021, 12:43 pm
Colin_Crow wrote:Frazier's recollection of his post assassination movements after leaving the TSBD as represented above are pure BS. He claimed similarly to an oral history with Gary Mack in 2002. Mack made a mild questioning of them at the time but let it drop. Frazier’s HSCA interview is available on YouTube and although not the greatest sound quality most is reasonably clear. On more than on occasion he said he went home first. He claimed to have heard JFK pronounced dead in the car radio on the way there.

When he arrived his mother was there. This was likely around 2pm. At one point he said his sister was there as well and they were watching TV coverage of the assassination. Another time he says his sister was at the hospital. I suspect the former. I believe the earliest Oswald was mentioned over the media that day was 2.42pm. At the point Frazier knew he was in deep doodoo.

Damage control would have cut in at that point and I suspect mother was left at the house and brother and sister head for the hospital. Frazier mentioned that the cops came looking for him at the house and talked to his mother. Makes sense as he would obviously be a person of interest after the TSBD coworkers told the DPD of him giving Oswald a ride. Frazier's address could be obtained from Truly.

There were 3 detectives and 3 Sheriff’s deputies at the Paine’s by about 2.30pm. Not hard to check out the Randle's for Buell at some point. My suspicion is that those cops asked the mother if she saw oswald that morning. When she said yes the next thing to ask was he carrying a package?........mother contacts them at the hospital and the package story evolves into curtain rods. It is his way out....except he doesn’t know the description won’t work for the rifle. He gets the type of paper wrong as well as the length......because he has never seen it or the rifle broken down.
Hi Colin,
As you know I've made the Frazier story my number one preference in my research of the JFK case.
You raise some interesting points here. His numerous recollections over the years of almost all of the events and timelines from Thursday evening, all of Friday and until sometime Saturday morning are contradictory.

I note Frazier has made the claim on more than one occasion that (1.) - That he went home first after the assassination and (2.) - That he went straight to the hospital. But to my mind there could be a 3rd option. That is he went somewhere else other than his home or the hospital. 

The recollections from Frazier don't appear to be just a simple matter of a failing or faulty memory either. His Friday lunchtime story has altered and morphed into various scenarios over the years. Likewise, his recollections of his walk into the TSBD on Friday morning allegedly with Oswald walking ahead. Also his 5 different versions of his arrest. All in the record in reports and statements. Not forgetting his many different accounts of the same arrest in various films and videos over the years.

According to the reports Frazier most likely left the TSBD on Friday around 1.00pm but that's not certain it certainly could have been prior to or later. As you say it's possible he heard the news of the Presidents demise on the radio while driving - be interested to know if he had a working radio in the car.

His accounts of his interrogation with Fritz has chopped and changed as well, many times. 
I think we can both agree that he has some explaining to do. 

The scenario of Buell having gone home directly from the TSBD on the Friday around lunchtime seems logical at first glance.
Linnie Mae according to reports was seen by Adamcik at around 3.00pm or just before . Not sure of the age of the Randle kids but possibly Linne Mae's Mum Essie Mae Wlliams was with them at the house (not sure if they were of school age). Oswald as a suspect was mentioned at about 2.40pm on the Radio. Linnie Mae drove up to the Paines house when she met with Adamcik. So Linnie Mae was either heading back to her house after having been somewhere or on her way out. 

What I can't see happening is the cops going to the Randles house anytime before they saw Linnie Mae. That's not to say it didn't happen but as near as I can tellt here is absolutely zero evidence of any police officers or detectives having visited the Randle house before Frazier had been arrested. Of course I could be mistaken but I just haven't seen any document which would support that. If we can believe Adamcik and Stovall's reports the trigger for a search for Frazier came from Linnie Mae and her discussion with Adamcik at around 3.00pm. Linnie Mae could not have been at the hospital anytime before 3.30pm most likely even later than that. And according to reports after Frazier was arrested at about 6.00pm they went to the Randle house to search it and collected Linnie Mae and the Reverend Campbell to accompany Frazier to Police HQ 

The real question at least for me is why are there so many conflicting versions of the same events from those few days?
Only Buell knows and he's still with us.

Colin_Crow
Colin_Crow

Sat 13 Mar 2021, 4:11 pm
Hey Mick,

I think Frazier's departure from the TSBD is likely some time after 1pm. He claimed not to have seen cops rush out in response to the Tippit shooting but got approval from Shelley to leave. Not sure what time the shots of Shelley Williams and Arce getting into the car were taken but all those guys were at HQ prior to Oswald's arrival around 2pm. I think it is possible he heard of JFK¡s death over his radio.

His HSCA interview is clear that he went home first. On one occasion I believe he slipped up and said both sister and mother were present watching TV coverage. Later he says only mother was there.....this was to be consistent with going to the hospital. Oswald's mentioned at 2.40 or so and so what do they do?

Before I go further there is also another time warp discrepancy that I think might be linked to this. Rose, Stoval and Adamcik were told to go to the Paine’s not long after Oswald arrived at HQ. Rose and Stovall had a brief interaction with him and they then headed out to Irving. Decker dispatched Weatherford, Walters and Oxford to join them as the Dallas homicide guys had no jurisdiction for Irving. The homicide guys claimed in their report that they waited for almost an hour for the deputies to arrive. This was not confirmed by the deputies. I believe that the hour wait was bogus for some reason. The arrival of the police to talk to Ruth and Marina was before the women heard Oswald named on TV. Michael Paine arrived at the house not long after, around 3pm.

I believe by 2.40pm Frazier and LMR went somewhere to work out what to do. They may not have gone to the hospital at that time but it would become the endpoint of the story.....innocently visiting his step father. Frazier said that after he left the home that cops arrived and spoke to this mother (HSCA). Clearly he would be a person of interest at that time. There were 6 cops just half a block away and we know there was communication between Fritz and the homicide guys and deputies passing information back and forth at the Paine house.

As for LMR's interaction with Adamcik i believe that it occurred much later, just about the time they were all about to take the women and Michael as well as load the collected evidence back to Dallas. I might be wrong but that was my recollection from the report. So if that was correct the discussion would have been closer to 5pm or so as they did not arrive at HQ until about 6pm. This would have given brother and sister at least a couple of hours to develop a story to minimise Buell's jeopardy.

Interestingly the interaction between Adamcik and LMR does not appear in his contemporaneous report. He tells of the visit to the Paine's and return as well as other events, but not that trinket.

A bonus I just found in Linnie May's SS interview of Nov28.

The Voice Of Buell Frazier CCAD8-F50-A8-D2-43-D8-A1-C5-84-F28-DDA8-EC3

Looks like she put two and two together pretty quick. Before Buell returned home maybe?
barto
barto
http://www.prayer-man.com/

Sat 13 Mar 2021, 9:19 pm
Shelley, Williams and Arce went in the car at 13:30

Prayer-Man.com
lanceman

Sun 14 Mar 2021, 4:46 am
Did LMR associate Oswald with the assassination before Oswald’s name was broadcast?
Mick_Purdy
Mick_Purdy

Sun 14 Mar 2021, 10:34 am
lanceman wrote:Did LMR associate Oswald with the assassination before Oswald’s name was broadcast?
Lanceman,

What we do know is that sometime around 3.00pm LMR approached Detective Adamcik of the Homicide and Robbery Bureau who was at the Paine's residence with information regarding Oswald and the alleged "carton" he had carried with him on that Friday morning while driving to work as a passenger with Buell Frazier. She (Randle) lived two houses down from the Paine's. Adamcik noted in his report that LMR drove up to the house. If the information is correct about the broadcast of Oswald's name over the radio at approximately 2.40pm then it is highly likely LMR has heard this news before she approached Adamcik.

What triggered LMR to approach Adamcik? The radio news about Oswald? Why was she driving to or past the Paine's residence? On her way home or on her way out? 

Timing in this is hard to lock down because there are too many conflicting accounts. But it's almost certain Rose, Stovall and Adamcik were sent by Fritz from Police HQ's to the Paine's house not much later than 2.30pm - that puts them at the Irving house at around 2.40 - 2.45 pm.  

So, your question is valid. Did LMR hear the news of Oswald before she approached Adamcik? 

The real question for me though is if you believe as I do that Oswald never had a large package in the first place then according to Adamcik's report LMR at approximately 3.00pm makes mention of a carton - a large sack big enough to carry a rifle. If this is what happened, then to my mind LMR was complicit in helping to frame Oswald.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum