REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ROKC IS NOW CLOSED AND IS READ ONLY. WE THANK THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US OVER THE LAST 14 YEARS.

Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
Brian says...Sat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 pmEd.Ledoux
last drinks before the bar closesSat 30 Dec 2023, 2:46 pmTony Krome
The Mystery of Dirk Thomas KunertSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:23 pmTony Krome
Vickie AdamsSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:14 pmgreg_parker
Busted again: Tex ItaliaSat 30 Dec 2023, 9:22 amEd.Ledoux
The Raleigh CallSat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 ambarto
Was Oswald ever confronted with the physical rifle?Sat 30 Dec 2023, 12:03 amCastroSimp
Who Dat? Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:24 pmTony Krome
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
Keywords

Theory  beckley  Lifton  David  11  Weigman  frazier  Darnell  Floor  9  Humor  Mason  +Lankford  tsbd  doyle  Lankford  4  2  hosty  tippit  3  paine  zapruder  3a  prayer  fritz  

Like/Tweet/+1

Go down
alex_wilson

"The Devil is in the Details" Malcolm Blunt in conversation with Alan Dale. - Page 2 Empty "The Devil is in the Details" Malcolm Blunt in conversation with Alan Dale.

Sun 15 Nov 2020, 1:43 am
First topic message reminder :

I'm ashamed to admit that until a few short years ago ( when Barto began his careful excavations, methodically sifting through his vast archive and scanning the many gems he unearthed) I was only vaguely aware of the name Malcolm Blunt

Perhaps with the release of this excellent new book many more people will become familiar with his name and his work 

In an age of brash hucksterism , with so many so called research peacocks strutting and preening, flaunting their gaudy feathers whilst making all sorts of extravagant claims, Mr Blunt is that rarest of exceptions.

A man who lets his work speak for him

And the sheer quality of that work drowns out the lurid cacophony.

I'm only just now getting fully acquainted with the breadth and scale of his achievements; beside the archive, that apparently still contains many unplundered treasures, a glittering trove beyond even the late Mary Ferrell's most avaricious dreams, there was his work in the national archives and his own first hand research.
His interview with Pete Bagley for example is a masterpiece.
Nobly employing the methods so often abused , with his quiet respectful demeanour he was able to prise more out of the interviewee, far more perhaps than he ever intended revealing.

I don't have the privilege of knowing Mr Blunt, indeed i've never even had the pleasure of meeting him, but he seems to be a gentleman, in the very best sense of the word.
Diligent, respectful, meticulous, quite simply a natural born researcher and archivist.

Amongst the generous praise quite rightfully lavished on this work( from luminaries such as Robert Kennedy jnr, John Newman, David Talbot and our own troll punk supremo Greg Parker) Jim DiEugenio states plainly that Malcolm Blunt is the best researcher currently working in the JFK assassination field( What no Cory?)

I'd concur, albeit with a slight caveat( IMHO  Greg, Larry H and a couple of others are equally important)

I hope Barto doesn't mind me starting this thread( he and Malcolm are not only colleagues but friends and perhaps he wanted to start a thread dedicated to the book)
I started it with the best of intentions. To advertise his new book, an essential addition to any self respecting JFK assassination library ,but also to pay tribute to someone, a very rare someone, who is respected as an individual almost as much as he is respected as a researcher.

I ordered the book yesterday as soon as I saw the thread over on the Education Forum.

For once it actually lived up to its name!

Is that a doppelganger in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?
Artist, poet, polymath, cancer research prodigy Judyth Vary Baker's  first words to Lee HARVEY Oswald. New Orleans April 1963

For every HARVEY there must be an equal and opposite LEE
Professor Sandy Isaac Newton Laverne Shirley Fonzie Larsen's 
Famous 1st Law of Doppelganging

" To answer your question I  ALWAYS  look for mundane reasons for seeming anomalies before considering  sinister explanations. Only a fool would do otherwise. And I'm no fool" The esteemed Professor Larsen  From  his soon to be published  self help book " The Trough of Enlightenment "( Trine Day  Foreword  Vince Palamara)

" Once you prove Davidson's woman's face then Stanton's breasts follow naturally " Brian Doyle

alex_wilson

"The Devil is in the Details" Malcolm Blunt in conversation with Alan Dale. - Page 2 Empty Re: "The Devil is in the Details" Malcolm Blunt in conversation with Alan Dale.

Thu 25 Mar 2021, 12:27 am
It's heartening to see Jim DiE recognise Malcolm Blunts work. The book provides a fascinating insight into, and coherent overview of his tireless endeavours. Malcolm ( and Barto) have made a real, potentially paradigm busting contribution, thus they fully deserve all the praise that comes their way.

I still enjoy reading Jim's reviews. Occasionally he can produce some trenchant critiques.  

However Jim, like Bill Kelly seems hypnotised by the echoes of an often idealised past. Most of his work could have been written in the early 90s.

Both have rigid inflexible ideas about the assassination; and come hell, highwater , or troll punk Aussie based sites,  they're going to stick with them.

I've never taken Bill Kelly seriously. He seems like a decent enough guy, but I found his crusade to protect the sanctity of the 2FLRE baffling. His apparent fixation with some sort of " Valkyrie in Dealey Plaza" scenario is quite frankly nonsensical. 

It contains a catalogue of basic schoolboy errors.

Even overlooking the fact that his central thesis is based on a demonstrably specious premise. The Valkyrie plan had absolutely nothing to do with the failed Stauffenberg led assassination plot. It was a scheme devised by General Fromm and the staff at the Ersatzheer ( Replacement Army) to deal with any potential uprisings amongst the slave labour force, especially the Ostarbeiters.

Certain aspects of the plan ,however , WERE to be  adopted by plotters on Fromm's staff, as a ruse to mobilise the Wehrmacht units( crucially the detachment of the elite Grossdeutschland regiment, commanded by a certain Major Remer) to deal with the heavily armed SS, Polizei and Party formations based in Berlin.
This is hardly cutting edge stuff. The ultimate July Plot has a long well chronicled gestation. Stretching back to the autumn of 1941 and a group of young disaffected officers( mostly from old aristocratic families, with ancient well established roots in the military caste) on the staff of Von Bock's Army Group Centre, specifically Von Kluges 4th Army. Eventually codenamed Operation Flash there were many attempts on the Fuhrer's life. Some failed, others aborted.
The most (in) famous example being the attempt , masterminded by Henning Von Tresckow, the most resilient and unflinching of all the plotters. A time bomb, of British manufacture,  was smuggled aboard Hitler's plane( he was flying back to the Wolf's Lair after visiting the Eastern Front). A phial of corrosive acid , when broken, would burn through the fuse. The phial was duly broken and the bomb smuggled aboard ( disguised as brandy bottles) but it failed to detonate!!

The Valkyrie bullshit is yet another of the countless  sloppy poorly researched claims that have been accepted as Conspiracy Gospel by the various competing sects of true believers.

A stubborn refusal to refine and develop long held core beliefs is one of the major problems that bedevil this small fractured community. An unwillingness to accept error too... preferring instead to cling to increasingly untenable excuses, that often stray over the borderlands into the realm of sheer fantasy, being the chosen method of dealing with unwanted factual intrusions

If it was proven, once and for all, by incontrovertible forensic methods, by properly accredited experts, that Prayerman wasn't in fact LHO would that make Oswald any less innocent?

Of course it wouldn't.

But yet the fact remains: photographic evidence exists that appears to show the accused assassin standing in the TSBD doorway. This isn't some fanciful claim,  relying on your willingness to perform an improvised self lobotomy..to accept that the assassination was masterminded by individuals who decided to replace their chosen patsies features...with someone who looked virtually identical to the aforementioned patsy!!!

Nor does it have a quartet of doppelgangers roaming around...( Two Oswalds and Two Mrs Reid's!!! I bet ace CIA agent Bill Shelley thought he was back in Sid Gottlieb's basement..." Yeh Bill just drink the groovy silver water"....Sadly MK Noah wasn't a big success) Forget all the fucking nonsensical " theories" and the futile self destructive internecine feuding...why isn't everyone getting behind this? What is there to be lost? I mean the present strategies developed by the stalwarts in the upper echelons of the self styled Conspiratocracy have hardly been resounding successes , have they? 

If it turns out that it wasn't LHO I'm pretty certain the folks here have enough class, not to mention intellectual honesty, to accept the result with good grace and try to find a way to move forward.

The demolition of whole 2FLRE imbroglio doesn't rely solely upon the Oswald as Prayerman concept. The debunking of that particular careless deception was far more thorough and multi faceted.

I'm as certain , so far as any poor troll punk can be certain of anything,  that neither Greg, Barto nor indeed any of my fellow ROKCers,  would be gauche enough  to launch a loud obnoxious propaganda campaign, vandalising forums, blogs and podcasts with fantastically unprovable allegations, hinting at all manner of sinister machinations... claiming ,for example ,that the Darnell Weigmann footage had in fact been mysteriously altered... replacing LHO with a face mask wearing double.

Or else LHO was had decided to impress JBK by turning up to work dressed up in  a fez and a kaftan... while the flute he was playing ( a flute Juddufki fashioned from the cured hides of some of the thousands of mice she and Mary Sherman had weaponised in Dave Ferries kitchen) to charm Horny Harvey, his pet Bradenton trouser snake, out of a Dr Pepper bottle was caught in the sunplane...

The willingness to adapt your conclusions when new better evidence appears is surely the hallmark of a genuine researcher. One not blinded by pre determined ideological considerations or narcissistic delusions of grandeur.

Alternatively one who remains stubbornly ossified in the past, and who refuses to accept their mistakes represents the very antithesis... the blinkered zealot.

Whatever lingering traces of the respect and the esteem I once had for Jim were seriously diminished by his lukewarm endorsement of Ed Haslams lurid fiction,  an almost hallucinatory voyage through the looking glass..

And by logging onto K and K to be greeted with the leering physiognomy of Fezzo the Fez gurning back out at me...

The Evidence most certainly IS NOT the Conspiracy... especially if you had to make a conspiracy out of the evidence to prop up whatever incoherent fantasy you just happened to be peddling.

However compared to the Holy Lance of Arizona both Jim and Bill are fully fledged fucking paragons...to use an Amazon book review as a pulpit for your fundamentalist screeds is , to quote the inestimable Vinny, quite disgusting.

Malcolm Blunt is amongst the tiny minority of researchers whose work is capable of withstanding the scrutiny of the outside world. 

I apologise ( once again!) for my loquaciousness but the more I read and analysis the fundamental texts of trooferism, applying the basic standards of epistemology , the more disheartened I get.

They've created a wonderfully unquestioning fantasy dimension for themselves... they get to consort with holocaust deniers, snake oil touts , frauds, fake witnesses and all manner of zany woo peddlers.. concocting a noxious brew of hateful banality, paranoia drenched ravings, vacuous new age waffle , seasoned with a dash of " revisionist" history, that veers uncomfortably close to dabbling in fully fledged Hitlerian apologetics...

When their latest excretion of bullshit gets dismissed by the " lamestream" media, they get the added bonus of clogging up  their microscopic corner of the internet with self congratulatory clutter... bemoaning the shadowy all powerful cabal of disinfo goons, NWO operatives and " Zionist" shills dedicated to keeping their " troof" from awakening the gullible sheeple from their mercenary slumbers... 

Hand on my coal black heart I've never encountered such a unthinking gaggle of gullible galoots in my life...

To read the likes of Jeffries ( that bargain basement Barnum of bottom feeders) Cory Hughes  and especially everyone's favourite genius Sanibelite pontificating , bemoaning the gullibility of the great unwashed mass of drones and sheeple , tranquilized in their Orwellian stupors may very well be the true meaning of irony.

Is that a doppelganger in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?
Artist, poet, polymath, cancer research prodigy Judyth Vary Baker's  first words to Lee HARVEY Oswald. New Orleans April 1963

For every HARVEY there must be an equal and opposite LEE
Professor Sandy Isaac Newton Laverne Shirley Fonzie Larsen's 
Famous 1st Law of Doppelganging

" To answer your question I  ALWAYS  look for mundane reasons for seeming anomalies before considering  sinister explanations. Only a fool would do otherwise. And I'm no fool" The esteemed Professor Larsen  From  his soon to be published  self help book " The Trough of Enlightenment "( Trine Day  Foreword  Vince Palamara)

" Once you prove Davidson's woman's face then Stanton's breasts follow naturally " Brian Doyle
Vinny

"The Devil is in the Details" Malcolm Blunt in conversation with Alan Dale. - Page 2 Empty Re: "The Devil is in the Details" Malcolm Blunt in conversation with Alan Dale.

Fri 26 Mar 2021, 1:28 pm
Well said Alex.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum