REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ROKC IS NOW CLOSED AND IS READ ONLY. WE THANK THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US OVER THE LAST 14 YEARS.

Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
Brian says...Sat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 pmEd.Ledoux
last drinks before the bar closesSat 30 Dec 2023, 2:46 pmTony Krome
The Mystery of Dirk Thomas KunertSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:23 pmTony Krome
Vickie AdamsSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:14 pmgreg_parker
Busted again: Tex ItaliaSat 30 Dec 2023, 9:22 amEd.Ledoux
The Raleigh CallSat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 ambarto
Was Oswald ever confronted with the physical rifle?Sat 30 Dec 2023, 12:03 amCastroSimp
Who Dat? Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:24 pmTony Krome
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
Keywords

Theory  David  tsbd  2  doyle  3  tippit  hosty  paine  zapruder  prayer  Floor  beckley  Darnell  Weigman  Mason  9  Lifton  Humor  frazier  +Lankford  Lankford  fritz  4  11  3a  

Like/Tweet/+1

Go down
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin
http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

DUUM for DUUMIES Empty DUUM for DUUMIES

Sun 06 Aug 2023, 1:13 am
linda o'hara aka leslie sharp wrote:A cursory google translate:
Latin                      French

duum                    deux

Both Rene and Pierre spent a good deal of their adolescent years in  Europe. The datebook reflects a number of similar quirks. "merde merde,"  "vu je" "di coup de grace."

Linda posted the above at the ed forum in reply to Jeremy B carefully explaining that

"duum is not the Latin word for 'two' or 'deux'. The Latin word for 'two' is duo, not duum. The latter was an archaic, i.e. non-standard, version of duorum, the genitive form of duo. It means something like 'of the two', and makes no sense in the context of 'rifle into building / [illegible] DPD"

And he is quite right. I believe Linda is well aware of this and has tried to hide behind sloppy googling as an excuse - thus her "cursory" claim.

A more rigorous search gives us an example of how it is used.

"locutusque est dominus ad mosen post mortem duum filiorum aaron quando offerentes ignem alienum interfecti sun"

which translates as

"and the lord spake unto moses after the death of the two sons of aaron, when they offered before the lord, and died"

Google translate is not quite right on this.

Which begs the question -- is Linda claiming Lafitte was googling in 1963?

The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

https://gregrparker.com
Vinny

DUUM for DUUMIES Empty Re: DUUM for DUUMIES

Sun 06 Aug 2023, 1:40 am
Maybe Lafitte had a time machine that he used to travel to our era and used a modern computer to do a Google search.

Admin
http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Sun 06 Aug 2023, 1:57 am
Vinny wrote:Maybe Lafitte had a time machine that he used to travel to our era and used a modern computer to do a Google search.
That may well end up included in the 2nd edition.

The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

https://gregrparker.com
barto
barto
http://www.prayer-man.com/

Sun 06 Aug 2023, 2:50 am
The second edition will be renamed so I have been told to: "Ze Fuhrer ist amongst us".

Prayer-Man.com
alex_wilson

Sun 06 Aug 2023, 5:53 pm
As someone who suffered through the ancient indignities of a classical education ( standing up as our begowned master swept in, " Salvete discipulii " he"d bark, in response we would chime,  " Salvete magister ") I can assure Ms Sharp/ O ' Hara that Jeremy is absolutely correct. 

It's one thing trying to pass off a dodgy datebook to a gaggle of gullible baby boomers,  but it's another thing entirely trying to bullshit a British schoolboy when it comes to Latin..

Is that a doppelganger in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?
Artist, poet, polymath, cancer research prodigy Judyth Vary Baker's  first words to Lee HARVEY Oswald. New Orleans April 1963

For every HARVEY there must be an equal and opposite LEE
Professor Sandy Isaac Newton Laverne Shirley Fonzie Larsen's 
Famous 1st Law of Doppelganging

" To answer your question I  ALWAYS  look for mundane reasons for seeming anomalies before considering  sinister explanations. Only a fool would do otherwise. And I'm no fool" The esteemed Professor Larsen  From  his soon to be published  self help book " The Trough of Enlightenment "( Trine Day  Foreword  Vince Palamara)

" Once you prove Davidson's woman's face then Stanton's breasts follow naturally " Brian Doyle
JeremyBojczuk
http://22november1963.org.uk/

Mon 07 Aug 2023, 6:34 pm
greg_parker wrote:I believe Linda is well aware of this and has tried to hide behind sloppy googling as an excuse

But it must be true - she read it on the internet!

Leslie or Linda isn't very good at dealing with inconvenient evidence or giving straight answers to reasonable questions, is she? One thing she is good at is quoting her holy book and the probably fake document it's based on. Rather like Mr Hargrove. I wonder what he's doing these days.

alex_wilson wrote:It's one thing trying to pass off a dodgy datebook to a gaggle of gullible baby boomers,  but it's another thing entirely trying to bullshit a British schoolboy when it comes to Latin.

Ita vero, Alex! Romanes eunt domus? Romani, ite domum!
alex_wilson

Mon 07 Aug 2023, 9:01 pm
I'm afraid ive blocked all of my traumatic memories ( it could have been much MUCH worse though,  I was almost sent to a certain all boys  boarding  school of grim repute,  Armstrong alone knows how fucked up I would have been after six years of rugger buggery)

The only Latin I know now is " Irrumado Credibiltate " 

Fuck Credibility. 

The motto emblazoned on the Doyle coat of arms. Along with a chicken sinister, a pig rampant dexter and a Sanibel unicorn escutcheon

Is that a doppelganger in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?
Artist, poet, polymath, cancer research prodigy Judyth Vary Baker's  first words to Lee HARVEY Oswald. New Orleans April 1963

For every HARVEY there must be an equal and opposite LEE
Professor Sandy Isaac Newton Laverne Shirley Fonzie Larsen's 
Famous 1st Law of Doppelganging

" To answer your question I  ALWAYS  look for mundane reasons for seeming anomalies before considering  sinister explanations. Only a fool would do otherwise. And I'm no fool" The esteemed Professor Larsen  From  his soon to be published  self help book " The Trough of Enlightenment "( Trine Day  Foreword  Vince Palamara)

" Once you prove Davidson's woman's face then Stanton's breasts follow naturally " Brian Doyle
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum