REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ROKC IS NOW CLOSED AND IS READ ONLY. WE THANK THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US OVER THE LAST 14 YEARS.

Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
Brian says...Sat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 pmEd.Ledoux
last drinks before the bar closesSat 30 Dec 2023, 2:46 pmTony Krome
The Mystery of Dirk Thomas KunertSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:23 pmTony Krome
Vickie AdamsSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:14 pmgreg_parker
Busted again: Tex ItaliaSat 30 Dec 2023, 9:22 amEd.Ledoux
The Raleigh CallSat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 ambarto
Was Oswald ever confronted with the physical rifle?Sat 30 Dec 2023, 12:03 amCastroSimp
Who Dat? Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:24 pmTony Krome
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
Keywords

2  11  tippit  Theory  hosty  Darnell  Lankford  +Lankford  paine  zapruder  Weigman  Floor  9  frazier  Humor  4  fritz  tsbd  Mason  doyle  prayer  beckley  Lifton  David  3  3a  

Like/Tweet/+1

Go down
Ray Mitcham

Minox camera was in Paine's garage after all. Empty Minox camera was in Paine's garage after all.

Wed 25 Sep 2013, 9:13 am
Looks as though the Minox camera was in front of our eyes all the time. In the photo of the equipment removed from Ruth Paine's garage, an empty Minox camera case is at the top of the photo next to the compass. Underneath the case, in hi resolution, the camera is easily to be seen, along with the camera chain which usually connects thru the camera case acting as a safety and a measuring chain.   

I wonder why the FBI were so intent on altering the inventory?[url=
ianlloyd

Minox camera was in Paine's garage after all. Empty Re: Minox camera was in Paine's garage after all.

Wed 25 Sep 2013, 8:17 pm
Hi Ray,

I did a search for Minox "spy" cameras and found most information on eBay - came across something rather surprising here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUPERB-MINOX-B-SUB-MINIATURE-SPY-CAMERA-LEATHER-CASE-CHAIN-POUCH-/141066100110?pt=UK_Photography_VintageCameras_SM&hash=item20d831dd8e

Now it appears that the cameras were available with a built-in light meter - could this have led to the confusion as to whether the camera was a camera or a light meter when, in fact, it was both!?!?
Ray Mitcham

Minox camera was in Paine's garage after all. Empty Re: Minox camera was in Paine's garage after all.

Thu 26 Sep 2013, 3:01 am
Thanks for that, Ian. There is a light meter in its case in the photo of the inventory items.
JFK_FNG

Thu 14 Apr 2022, 4:21 am
Revitalizing this thread due to Greg D.'s current thread at the Ed forum. 

https://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/27703-is-there-or-is-there-not-a-minox-camera-in-this-dpd-evidence-photo/

Based on the above image, it looks like there’s a stronger case than not that the camera IS in the photo, sitting underneath the Minox case. When I look at the larger photo in the Ed forum thread I can’t unsee it now, and it looks like there’s definitely something there attached to a chain in the blowup. It looks like it matches - pretty spot on - the image of a Minox C attached to a chain that was just posted by John Butler of all people. 

Minox camera was in Paine's garage after all. Minox_10

Greg argued that it doesn’t look possible visually, and I thought the same thing, but it might be worthwhile to try to recreate the angle with similar items next to a newspaper. It looks like the newspaper is laying flat in the HD blowup, but it looks to be angled upward, and even crinkled over the camera when zoomed in on the larger photo:

Minox camera was in Paine's garage after all. Minox_11

Basically, It sure as hell looks to me like the camera is sitting under the case. There are plenty of items on top of others in the photo, and the items aren’t particularly organized. Also, it doesn’t really look like the chain mechanism is easily detachable from the camera, but I could be wrong. Just my opinion, but it sure looks like a contoured, rectangular object attached to a chain sitting under the Minox case.

EDIT: Does anyone have the source image for the HD blowup? There are a couple features that appear pretty different in the higher resolution image, like the newspaper and the shape of the "shadow" in the area where the chain attaches to the alleged camera.
JFK_FNG

Fri 15 Apr 2022, 4:33 am
I decided to try some extremely amateur image processing to try and bring out some features of the alleged camera.  

Contrast/brightness to bring out some general features:

Minox camera was in Paine's garage after all. Minox_15

Color balance to bring out shadows:

Minox camera was in Paine's garage after all. Minox_13

The shadow in the bottom right corner of the case appears to be extending downward, which is kind of interesting. 

Color balance zoom to bring out "chain attachment"

Minox camera was in Paine's garage after all. Minox_12

Contrast/brightness zoom to bring out bottom edge of alleged camera:

Minox camera was in Paine's garage after all. Minox_14

I bet there's a way to figure out whether or not the rectangular object could be the floor, but I don't know how to use this image software well enough to do that kind of comparison yet.

Also what the hell is the notch shaped thing to the right of the alleged camera?

This seems to be a solvable problem, I just don't really know how to solve it. What ever it is it seems to have a well defined border that's suspiciously in the shape of a Minox camera, but I have no idea what I'm doing.
Mick_Purdy
Mick_Purdy

Fri 15 Apr 2022, 9:16 am
https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth338906/m1/3/

Minox camera was in Paine's garage after all. Minox_10

Minox camera was in Paine's garage after all. Byp_211
Mick_Purdy
Mick_Purdy

Fri 15 Apr 2022, 9:28 am
https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth337908/m1/1/

Minox camera was in Paine's garage after all. Minox_12

Mick_Purdy
Mick_Purdy

Fri 15 Apr 2022, 9:37 am
Minox camera was in Paine's garage after all. Minox_13

Mick_Purdy
Mick_Purdy

Fri 15 Apr 2022, 9:42 am
In a 30/1/64  teletype to the Dallas SAC J Edgar Hoover writes:

Minox camera was in Paine's garage after all. Minox_14

Mick_Purdy
Mick_Purdy

Fri 15 Apr 2022, 9:57 am
Minox camera was in Paine's garage after all. Odumminox
So Ruth allegedly hands over a Minox 111 camera o the FBI on the 1st of February two days after Hoover wants to know where the camera is.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum