Choose Search Type
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Open letter to NBC
Today at 1:35 pm by Terry W. Martin

» Lillian Murret & the Dentist
Today at 11:59 am by Jake Sykes

» Agent Laverick hits a Bullseye
Today at 4:52 am by Terry W. Martin

» Update to Anatomy Of The Second Floor Lunch Room Encounter
Today at 4:14 am by barto

» Officer E
Yesterday at 6:01 pm by Ed. Ledoux

» Trump to Open JFK Files
Yesterday at 3:12 pm by greg parker

» Goodbye Walter Becker
Yesterday at 2:50 pm by Terry W. Martin

» Died for Nothing
Yesterday at 2:47 pm by Terry W. Martin

» ROKC Art Gallery
Sat 21 Oct 2017, 11:25 am by steely dan

Log in

I forgot my password

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

RSS feeds


Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 


Affiliates
free forum
 



Review of Philip Shenon's A Cruel and Shocking Act by Jim DiEugenio

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Review of Philip Shenon's A Cruel and Shocking Act by Jim DiEugenio

Post by Albert Rossi on Thu 05 Dec 2013, 6:30 am

http://ctka.net/reviews/shenon.html

This one has to be the topper.  It actually tries to resurrect the Castro-did-it-through-Oswald false sponsor.  I have not read the book, but from the review, it sounds like it's even worse than Reclaiming History or Case Closed, if that is possible.

Thank you, Jim, once again, for another devastating frontal assault on establishment-sponsored lies (Shenon actually wrote this book upon the encouragement of surviving WC legal staff members).
avatar
Albert Rossi

Posts : 417
Join date : 2013-08-29
Age : 62
Location : Naperville, IL USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Review of Philip Shenon's A Cruel and Shocking Act by Jim DiEugenio

Post by James DiEugenio on Thu 05 Dec 2013, 3:30 pm

Thanks ALbert.

What an ordeal it was to get through that pile of rubbish.

On nearly every page or every other page there was something wrong factually or just spun by Shenon radically.

The one interesting part of the book was how he revealed that Willens brought in law school graduates and clerks cold to do the Ruby and Oswald biographies.  Incredible.  This is what he thought of the case.  And Shenon tried to call him a Kennedy man.

Horse crap.  A really bad, bad book that only a NY TImes guy could write.

James DiEugenio

Posts : 213
Join date : 2013-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Review of Philip Shenon's A Cruel and Shocking Act by Jim DiEugenio

Post by Goban Saor on Thu 05 Dec 2013, 11:16 pm

Thank you, James, for keeping your shoulder to the wheel.

Goban Saor

Posts : 238
Join date : 2013-07-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Review of Philip Shenon's A Cruel and Shocking Act by Jim DiEugenio

Post by Hasan Yusuf on Fri 06 Dec 2013, 7:08 am

Great work, Jim. Reading through your review, it's obvious that this is an utterly horrible book. When are these disinformation morons gonna learn their lesson and quit? Oh that's right..... never.
avatar
Hasan Yusuf

Posts : 1897
Join date : 2013-03-13
Age : 28
Location : Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

View user profile http://jfkthelonegunmanmyth.blogspot.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Re: Review of Philip Shenon's A Cruel and Shocking Act by Jim DiEugenio

Post by James DiEugenio on Sun 08 Dec 2013, 5:33 am

Shenon's book got some big time exposure on Face the Nation with idiot Schieffer.

But incredibly, he also got on NPR and they lobbed him softballs there also.

But hopefully this review will alert some people to just what a propaganda tract it is.

If you can, please post around.

James DiEugenio

Posts : 213
Join date : 2013-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Review of Philip Shenon's A Cruel and Shocking Act by Jim DiEugenio

Post by Hasan Yusuf on Sun 08 Dec 2013, 7:07 am

James DiEugenio wrote:Shenon's book got some big time exposure on Face the Nation with idiot Schieffer.

But incredibly, he also got on NPR and they lobbed him softballs there also.

But hopefully this review will alert some people to just what a propaganda tract it is.

If you can, please post around.
I just put up a link to your review on my blog, Jim.
avatar
Hasan Yusuf

Posts : 1897
Join date : 2013-03-13
Age : 28
Location : Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

View user profile http://jfkthelonegunmanmyth.blogspot.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Re: Review of Philip Shenon's A Cruel and Shocking Act by Jim DiEugenio

Post by casenagell on Sun 08 Dec 2013, 6:06 pm

Couldn't finish this one. He states in the introduction that it was to be the first book to comprehensively look at the inside of the Commissions workings.... first?..McKnights was only 8 years ago...(And the most definitive).... these guys have not even short memories, but no memory.
The rest was abysmal, even turning Malcolm Perry into the guy that suggested the throat wound was a entrance. You know, clearing that up for Humes.
"Dulles forced retirement produced surprisingly few hard feelings between him and President Kennedy". 
I left it there. Sigh.

casenagell

Posts : 36
Join date : 2010-01-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Review of Philip Shenon's A Cruel and Shocking Act by Jim DiEugenio

Post by Hasan Yusuf on Mon 09 Dec 2013, 7:06 am

casenagell wrote:Couldn't finish this one. He states in the introduction that it was to be the first book to comprehensively look at the inside of the Commissions workings.... first?..McKnights was only 8 years ago...(And the most definitive).... these guys have not even short memories, but no memory.
The rest was abysmal, even turning Malcolm Perry into the guy that suggested the throat wound was a entrance. You know, clearing that up for Humes.
"Dulles forced retirement produced surprisingly few hard feelings between him and President Kennedy". 
I left it there. Sigh.
Bloody hell, how much bullshit did this guy spout in his book?!
avatar
Hasan Yusuf

Posts : 1897
Join date : 2013-03-13
Age : 28
Location : Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

View user profile http://jfkthelonegunmanmyth.blogspot.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Re: Review of Philip Shenon's A Cruel and Shocking Act by Jim DiEugenio

Post by casenagell on Mon 09 Dec 2013, 4:41 pm

A lot, Hasan, a lot.
There seem to be a disturbing trend towards not even bothering with footnotes.
The recent and truly awful "JFK: an American Coup" is a rehash of about 3 books, and also contains no source notes. It's mentioned they are on a separate webpage..but try to find it. If it ain't up to refer to when I'm reading the book, I'm not going back at the authors convenience.
I saw Shenon on Meet the Press and when the talking heads acted surprised at the destruction of the Hosty note, amongst other 'revelations', I knew what to expect.

casenagell

Posts : 36
Join date : 2010-01-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Review of Philip Shenon's A Cruel and Shocking Act by Jim DiEugenio

Post by Hasan Yusuf on Wed 11 Dec 2013, 7:08 am

casenagell wrote:A lot, Hasan, a lot.
There seem to be a disturbing trend towards not even bothering with footnotes.
The recent and truly awful "JFK: an American Coup" is a rehash of about 3 books, and also contains no source notes. It's mentioned they are on a separate webpage..but try to find it. If it ain't up to refer to when I'm reading the book, I'm not going back at the authors convenience.
I saw Shenon on Meet the Press and when the talking heads acted surprised at the destruction of the Hosty note, amongst other 'revelations', I knew what to expect.

When's it gonna end, Steve? Are we really going to have to put up with all this crap for the rest of our lives? It's so bloody depressing.
avatar
Hasan Yusuf

Posts : 1897
Join date : 2013-03-13
Age : 28
Location : Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

View user profile http://jfkthelonegunmanmyth.blogspot.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Re: Review of Philip Shenon's A Cruel and Shocking Act by Jim DiEugenio

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum