REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking google      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
Like/Tweet/+1
LOGLINE
Thinking of dumping Facebook? Join the new social media platform that is not weaponizing your private information or using it for profit https://logline.gregrparker.com

The Case of the Nuisance Phone Calls Redux

+6
barto
Albert Rossi
Robert Charles-Dunne
StanDane
greg_parker
Mark A. O'Blazney
10 posters
Go down
Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

The Case of the Nuisance Phone Calls Redux - Page 2 Empty Re: The Case of the Nuisance Phone Calls Redux

Wed 30 Mar 2022, 1:01 pm
2102 Village way; Annie Meharg, widow JB Meharg

The Case of the Nuisance Phone Calls Redux - Page 2 Scree693The Case of the Nuisance Phone Calls Redux - Page 2 Scree694
The Case of the Nuisance Phone Calls Redux - Page 2 Scree695

Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

The Case of the Nuisance Phone Calls Redux - Page 2 Empty Re: The Case of the Nuisance Phone Calls Redux

Wed 30 Mar 2022, 2:27 pm
The Case of the Nuisance Phone Calls Redux - Page 2 Scree697
The Case of the Nuisance Phone Calls Redux - Page 2 Scree698
The Case of the Nuisance Phone Calls Redux - Page 2 Scree696
Greg_Doudna

Thu 23 Jun 2022, 2:40 pm
Say Ed Ledoux--I neglected to thank you for the city directory information on David L. Miller, thank you. I wonder if you are able to find something else relevant here. In an FBI report of 1/5/64 an Irving Police Department sergeant reports that an anonymous caller stated that "David Leon Miller, that the FBI is looking for, can be located at 2314 Concord Street". I see that 2314 Concord Street is located in Irving. Are you able to find what an Irving city directory says for who lived at that address in 1963? Very grateful if you can. (I may be on to something.) Thanks--
Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

Thu 23 Jun 2022, 4:33 pm
Greg,
Thanks for the reply. Wish I could be of more help.
Irving directories are rare animals.
Libraries are spotty but others had luck in hunts.

There is this from Wiesberg;
[ BL 3-8100 Irving, Tex. Robert N. Walker, 2314 Concord Dr. CD329 p.118 ]

The Case of the Nuisance Phone Calls Redux - Page 2 Scree928

The Case of the Nuisance Phone Calls Redux - Page 2 Scree929

Interestingly you make a similar mistake as to Millers whereabouts as 2314 Concord Street
Meharg himself says Drive as he knows where his exbrother in law lives but a caller may not.
Nothing much but its worth pointing out.
The Case of the Nuisance Phone Calls Redux - Page 2 Scree930
Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

Thu 23 Jun 2022, 5:16 pm
https://www.ebay.com/itm/232113191796?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=PcR4U1YPRqy&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=G7hvHaEfSV-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Greg_Doudna

Thu 23 Jun 2022, 10:32 pm
This is great Ed LeDoux, thanks. (I had not noticed the Drive versus Street, you're right.) Are you possibly able to find city directory information on one more address in 1963-1964? 186 13th Street, Apartment 1, Atlanta, Georgia. That is an address given by a caller who identified himself as John Valentine, who phoned the Texas Rangers on 1/11/64 claiming he overheard a conversation concerning "the attempt on Governor Connally's life". Mildred Meharg was in Apartment 2 of the same address.
Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

Fri 24 Jun 2022, 8:22 am
Greg,
Doubtful about Atlanta Directory from 60s...I havent seen them online, likely only available in a dusty basement, unless Ancestry has added them

I have to say this subject is no ordinary domestic matter.

I question Valentines motives and how he or FBI makes it seem like he merely overhears a conversation. When in fact he is quite friendly with Miller and even knows the brother inlaw and where he lives. Was he involved more than led to believe by the reports.
Was Valentine banging Mildred too?
He says he is from Georgia and was just passing through Dallas (really from where) and hears something about attempt on Connally.
(FBI follow up is as expected for non-investigation misdirection.)
Yet Valentine says Miller just moved to GA and gives different address than Apt 2.
So then what Miller moves to Valentine's building and next to Valentine in Apt 1.
Kinda a criss cross between Dallas/Atlanta for them.

So is Valentine a close associate or just a guy passing through Dallas... FBI is less than forthcoming in its reports and doesnt flesh out the leads. Makes it sound less important or reliable.
I, like Lee did when he wrote Nuisance Calls and House of Cards, find it hard to swallow the connection coincidences in this case. Its twisted.
The station wagon, the rifle planting, the Cuban or Negro, the Beckley rooming house, the calls.
I dont buy a drunk Miller making 24 hours of calls.
I dont buy a sober Miller making days worth of calls.
I dont buy Miller changing into a woman to make calls.
Sure Miller was looking for his sons and wanted to give them their presents. He naturally called around but bulk of these calls seem pawned off onto Miller.
IMO it wreaks of a conspiratorial insider getting jerked around and making waves.
Was Miller actually in Dealey Plaza at any time and saw the Station Wagon with a man driving near the TSBD is the question FBI avoids.
I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Good hunting!
Ed
Greg_Doudna

Fri 24 Jun 2022, 9:08 am
I agree the whole thing is puzzling. My first question on Valentine is can it be verified he existed and who was he (I can find no information). My second question would be why did FBI not investigate, at least to run down reason to dismiss Valentine's story. Valentine's claim as it stands, considered in isolation, is hypothetically completely possible: if he is already living in Apt #1 of the same unit in Atlanta where Mildred and new husband Miller newly moved into Apt #2, his overhearing could be through a thin adjoining apartment wall. On the face of it, Valentine was claiming to have overheard (through a thin apartment wall) a confession of involvement in the assassination spoken by the people living next door to him who had just moved there from Dallas, spoken of euphemistically by those people as "the attempt on Connally". This particular citizen call-in (of Valentine) might have been of more than routine interest to check out given that there was a reported witness sighting of Mildred's car at the scene of the assassination which may have been the same vehicle seen by Roger Craig. Like you, I wonder why there is no record of FBI interview of Valentine if only to establish that it was a false report (if so) and find out why Valentine did that (if so). Anyway thanks for your information up to this point. I sure wish Valentine could be identified and found and interviewed (conceivably still living somewhere). A city directory listing for Atlanta 1963 or 1964 might be able to verify Valentine's existence (if so) and if it also gave a middle initial just possibly that could be enough breakthrough to make possible maybe finding him...
Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

Fri 24 Jun 2022, 10:40 am
Yes without the fleshing out the initial, age etc this is more of a rumor by the FBI and why the need to include that Valentine passed through Dallas, as though that is where it was overheard rather than through the wall in Atlanta. Bizzare
Why would Valentine need to call a certain Texas Ranger and then need to call back him later.
Would his information be just as useful to anyone in law enforcement or the Rangers.
Red Flags are waving.

The Case of the Nuisance Phone Calls Redux - Page 2 Scree931
Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

Fri 24 Jun 2022, 11:22 am
So Valentine is in Dallas but instead of going in person to DPD, Sheriff or Public Safety offices he calls the Rangers on the phone.
Speaks with one Ranger about what is not diclosed.
Has to hang up and call back ... but not right away.
Possibly a full day later Valentine calls back cant speak to a specific Ranger and ...
Then leaves a message.
And then.......FBI does little as possible to document this.
I would want to know how Valentine knew Robert Walker and where Bob lives in Irving.
Did Valentine hear all this through the apartment wall too?

What else was he listening to through the wall
Wonka Wonka!

Anyway;
I think the address for Miller given by Valentine a 366 Lake Drive Hamphill (?) Georgia, address is really either
366 Lake Dr, Atlanta, GA 30354
or
366 Midlake Dr Hemphill, TX 75948

Yeah I know, needs a check in the directory.
Ed
Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

Fri 24 Jun 2022, 12:00 pm
I think its 366 Lake drive
Hapeville, not Hamphill, Atlanta GA

The Case of the Nuisance Phone Calls Redux - Page 2 Scree932

Cheers
ed
JFK_FNG

Fri 24 Jun 2022, 2:03 pm
Ancestry.com doesn't have anything for Atlanta after 1960, and none of the directories from '57-60 were scanned past about the letter "H". The '56 directory (below) does have a John W. Valentine listed, but I don't know how you'd verify it's the same guy without getting a more recent directory - which you'd probably have to go to an Atlanta library to find. The earlier city directories list John W's wife as Nellie L, and he is the only John Valentine listed in Atlanta going back to at least 1951:

The Case of the Nuisance Phone Calls Redux - Page 2 Valent10

Also, Bob Walker seems like someone worth looking into. I wonder what type of work Security Management Inc. did, and how he got into that business, etc. On opencorporates it shows that the company added a comma to its name in March-April 2021, and the original entity changed its status from 'Forfeited Franchise Tax' to 'Forfeited Existence', so Walker might be still alive. If so he might be worth tracking down.
Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

Fri 24 Jun 2022, 2:16 pm
Tom,
I had their names written down, found their graves, etc... but yes are they the ones or what...hard to tell from just a John Valentine living in apartment in Atlanta.

On the matter of AC vs RC Johnson there is good and bad.
The bad was Royce Charles was married.
'1961 Dallas directory showed Delta J as his wife and gave Garland TX as address.
Looking for Delta J Johnson I found her as Deltha Johnson clrk at Republic Nat. Bank Garland TX..
Garland is farther than Irving is from Dallas and working as a cop it may be convenient to stay in Dallas at times at AC Johnson's inn. Or if Delta/Deltha kicked him out... I mean his obit doesnt list his wife! So take that for what it is.
The Case of the Nuisance Phone Calls Redux - Page 2 Scree935
The Case of the Nuisance Phone Calls Redux - Page 2 Scree934
The Case of the Nuisance Phone Calls Redux - Page 2 Scree933The Case of the Nuisance Phone Calls Redux - Page 2 Scree936
Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

Fri 24 Jun 2022, 2:35 pm
The Case of the Nuisance Phone Calls Redux - Page 2 Scree937
The Case of the Nuisance Phone Calls Redux - Page 2 Scree938
Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

Fri 24 Jun 2022, 2:39 pm
Ruby Johnson

MASON - Ruby Johnson, 91, died Saturday, July 18, 1998, in a local nursing
home. Service will be at 10 a.m. Monday in Mason Funeral Home Chapel with
burial in Gooch Cemetery. She was born Sept. 15, 1906, in Mason County and was
a lifetime resident. She was a homemaker and a Methodist. Survivors include two
sons, Royce C. Johnson of Dallas and Floyd R. Johnson of Mason; a daughter,
Dorothy Tatsch of Mason; and numerous grandchildren, great-grandchildren and
great-great-grandchildren.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum