REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ROKC IS NOW CLOSED AND IS READ ONLY. WE THANK THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US OVER THE LAST 14 YEARS.

Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
Brian says...Sat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 pmEd.Ledoux
last drinks before the bar closesSat 30 Dec 2023, 2:46 pmTony Krome
The Mystery of Dirk Thomas KunertSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:23 pmTony Krome
Vickie AdamsSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:14 pmgreg_parker
Busted again: Tex ItaliaSat 30 Dec 2023, 9:22 amEd.Ledoux
The Raleigh CallSat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 ambarto
Was Oswald ever confronted with the physical rifle?Sat 30 Dec 2023, 12:03 amCastroSimp
Who Dat? Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:24 pmTony Krome
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
Keywords

frazier  3  tippit  beckley  Lifton  11  Humor  tsbd  Darnell  2  Weigman  David  4  fritz  doyle  Theory  3a  paine  Mason  hosty  prayer  zapruder  9  +Lankford  Floor  Lankford  

Like/Tweet/+1

Go down
TerryWMartin
TerryWMartin
http://martianpublishing.com

Dispensing with the Fiction Empty Dispensing with the Fiction

Fri 30 May 2014, 3:27 am
For more years than I would care to mention, I have watched people debate this case based on the twattle pot that is the Warren Commission proceedings. People love to debate and to score points, I am certain, and it is edifying for the newcomer to see how that material can be dismantled as eaily as jerk chicken, but do we need to keep wasting our time beating that dead horse?

Being a writer of fiction - and primarily science fiction, at that - I can applaud the construction of a parallel universe by the WC; a strangely parallel alternate dimension which has been overlaid on the public conscience to create a noir pastiche of reality. As a writer, I can admire their stretching their art to this degree. And here we thought only the CIA was capable of mind-bending experiments!

Let's simply dispense with the niceties and call the buffoonery for what it is: fiction.
Do we debate the Civil War using Gone With the Wind as our textual guide? Do we debate either Biblical scholarship or the theory of evolution utilizing the latest "Noah" epic?

From all the research done over the past fifty years on the case, practically every single point of testimony within those hallowed volumes has been proven to be falsified. The few talking points not so proven are being debated as to the degree of veracity they might contain. Enough! When a witness gives conflicting reports repeatedly, their testimony is usually stamped "impeached" and they are disregarded. Such should also be the case with the WC.

And that leads me to wonder, how different would this case look if everything in the WC was simply ignored? And I do mean everything! It is time to wipe the fog of what we think we know.

What would this case look like if you examined it with a clean slate? And would it change the way the case is perceived, handled, and presented?

Because if we have to spend all our time refuting the carp that is the WC and all its fishy leads, we will most assuredly dither away the next half century.

Gathering the evidence from the early days alone and whatever physical evidence that still exists, what does the case look like?

TerryWMartin

Dispensing with the Fiction Empty Re: Dispensing with the Fiction

Fri 30 May 2014, 3:34 am
And I was just wondering if perhaps this might be the premise behind the Dallas Murder Mystery clubs? Trying to figure out the crime ONLY from the original evidence?

Just a thought.

StanDane
https://prayermanleeharveyoswald.blogspot.com/

Fri 30 May 2014, 4:58 am
terlin wrote:And I was just wondering if perhaps this might be the premise behind the Dallas Murder Mystery clubs? Trying to figure out the crime ONLY from the original evidence?

Just a thought.
What a concept. Treat it like a simple murder investigation and not tied in with the Grand Unified Theory of everything.
TerryWMartin
TerryWMartin

Fri 30 May 2014, 8:40 am
Stan Dane wrote:
terlin wrote:And I was just wondering if perhaps this might be the premise behind the Dallas Murder Mystery clubs? Trying to figure out the crime ONLY from the original evidence?

Just a thought.
What a concept. Treat it like a simple murder investigation and not tied in with the Grand Unified Theory of everything.

And to make it more interesting, there are three different - possibly unrelated - murders to be solved!!

Such excitement, what?

Frankie Vegas

Sat 31 May 2014, 8:42 am
terlin wrote:For more years than I would care to mention, I have watched people debate this case based on the twattle pot that is the Warren Commission proceedings. People love to debate and to score points, I am certain, and it is edifying for the newcomer to see how that material can be dismantled as eaily as jerk chicken, but do we need to keep wasting our time beating that dead horse?

Being a writer of fiction - and primarily science fiction, at that - I can applaud the construction of a parallel universe by the WC; a strangely parallel alternate dimension which has been overlaid on the public conscience to create a noir pastiche of reality. As a writer, I can admire their stretching their art to this degree. And here we thought only the CIA was capable of mind-bending experiments!

Let's simply dispense with the niceties and call the buffoonery for what it is: fiction.
Do we debate the Civil War using Gone With the Wind as our textual guide? Do we debate either Biblical scholarship or the theory of evolution utilizing the latest "Noah" epic?

From all the research done over the past fifty years on the case, practically every single point of testimony within those hallowed volumes has been proven to be falsified. The few talking points not so proven are being debated as to the degree of veracity they might contain. Enough! When a witness gives conflicting reports repeatedly, their testimony is usually stamped "impeached" and they are disregarded. Such should also be the case with the WC.

And that leads me to wonder, how different would this case look if everything in the WC was simply ignored? And I do mean everything! It is time to wipe the fog of what we think we know.

What would this case look like if you examined it with a clean slate? And would it change the way the case is perceived, handled, and presented?

Because if we have to spend all our time refuting the carp that is the WC and all its fishy leads, we will most assuredly dither away the next half century.

Gathering the evidence from the early days alone and whatever physical evidence that still exists, what does the case look like?

I so agree. I think some theories that are utterly beneath contempt get too much air play from the best of our community putting them to bed. Including the WC. What about an essay/master list of what is out and why?
Like the ten point program but with witnesses and theories that we all agree are not worth giving any more time to?

Mon 02 Jun 2014, 2:06 am
I agree we should make a unified listing of the most credible and preposterous portions and witnesses. However, I disagree with abandoning any of the primary evidence. In my view nothing disproves a bad Commission theory quite like its own deficient evidence.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum