REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ROKC IS NOW CLOSED AND IS READ ONLY. WE THANK THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US OVER THE LAST 14 YEARS.

Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
Brian says...Sat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 pmEd.Ledoux
last drinks before the bar closesSat 30 Dec 2023, 2:46 pmTony Krome
The Mystery of Dirk Thomas KunertSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:23 pmTony Krome
Vickie AdamsSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:14 pmgreg_parker
Busted again: Tex ItaliaSat 30 Dec 2023, 9:22 amEd.Ledoux
The Raleigh CallSat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 ambarto
Was Oswald ever confronted with the physical rifle?Sat 30 Dec 2023, 12:03 amCastroSimp
Who Dat? Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:24 pmTony Krome
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
Keywords

11  zapruder  3a  Lankford  4  +Lankford  paine  prayer  frazier  Mason  David  3  fritz  Floor  Weigman  Lifton  Theory  tippit  Darnell  tsbd  9  hosty  beckley  Humor  doyle  2  

Like/Tweet/+1

Go down
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin
http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

The Texas Super Risch Empty The Texas Super Risch

Sat 10 Jun 2017, 10:10 am
The Plutocrats: Rich, Super Rich, Texas Rich, undated [BBC TV. Director, writer, producer, Peter Batty; narrator: Dudley Foster. BBC documentary examining the business and recreational lives of several Texas multimillionaires.] ; 1 reel (1600 ft.) : sd., col. ; 16 mm. TRT 00:52:00.
http://findingaids.hagley.org/xtf/view?docId=ead/2012_212.xml
----------------------------
From the Sydney Morning Herald TV guide, April 15 1969

The cameras follow the multi-millionaires as they go about their business and snoops" into their private lives. Their discussions and conversations with their wives are "overheard and they are seen relaxing at dinner and entertaining themselves." The quartet talk about their formula for success. It is a documentary to make the viewer envious while shedding light on the lives of these fantastically rich men. It will be the final program in the present series of "Impact". some truth to the old saying that Texans can be divided into the "haves" and the "have-mores." The documentary will be shown in the channel's "Impact" series and is titled "The Plutocrats Rich, Super Rich. Texas Rich." The documentary takes a close look at some of the "have-mores." They are four multimillionaires. H. L. Hunt, the richest Texan of them all: oil-man David Harold Byrd: Stanley Marcus, head of the famous Dallas department store Neiman-Marcus and Roy Mark Hofheinz, claimed to be A documentary, showing the lives of Texan multimillionaires, will be telecast by ABN Channel 2 tomorrow night at 8.53. TO the rest of the world, Texas is a place where there are as many millionaires to the acre as there are oil wells. This view is exaggerated...

------------------
Roy Mark Hofheinz (April 10, 1912 – November 22, 1982), popularly known as Judge Hofheinz or "The Judge", was a Texas state representative from 1934 to 1936, county judge of Harris County, Texas from 1936 to 1944, and mayor of the city of Houston from 1953 to 1955.

....  He acted as campaign manager for Lyndon B. Johnson during Johnson's rise to the position of Congressman and then Senator...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Hofheinz

I don't recall watching it in '69  Um. No.

Long shot, but has anyone seen it?

The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

https://gregrparker.com
Ed.Ledoux
Ed.Ledoux

The Texas Super Risch Empty Re: The Texas Super Risch

Sun 11 Jun 2017, 5:01 pm
THE PLUTOCRATS: Some of the business dealings, personal vagaries and life styles of four of the richest Texas multi-millionaires are candidly and amusingly filmed. The four featured are H. L. Hunt, David H. Byrd, Stanley Marcus and Ray Mark Hofheinz The PMocnte A Group W special about four Texas multi-millionaires.  Texas Millionaire Special Tonight, Candid, Some o the business dealings, persona vagaries and life styles-plain and fancy-of four of the riches T e x a s multimillionaires are f'lmed candidly and amusing!' in "The Plutocrats," the Grou] W television special' tonigh from 8:30 - 9:30 p.m. on Chan nel 5. The four featured Texans art. H. L. «unt, David Harold Byrd and Stanley Marcus of Dallas and Roy Mark Hofheinz o Houston. Cameras poke into the private life of Hunt, the richest and the most frugal Texan of all, am reveal him as a man of few pleasures. He daily carries his lunch to work w'th him in a brown paper bag, nand does noi own a fleet of Cadillacs, a string of race horses or a luxury yacht. * * * HE SELDOM takes a holiday, rarely leaving his rather modest lome in 'Dallas. His chief avocation is the Facts Forum, a foundation producing radio and television programs deal'ng with national issues. D. «. Byrd, sometimes called 'Dry Hole" Byrd by his friends or having drilled 56 consecutive dry holes before getting his first oil gusher, is revealed as a cattleman, airplane manufacturer nd hobbyist, big-game hunter, and husband of a multimillion- aire in her own right who com m i s s i o n s immense and expensive religious oil paintings one of the most recent 20-by-12 feet costing more than $2.5 mil lion. Along with a look at Marcus head of Neiman-Marcus, th program provides a peek at hi .internationally (famous Dalla department store. Among the jift - catalogue items: His 'n tiers submarines, airplanes am Chinese junks, two-person wa ter-and-air craft for couples wanting to be together am away from it all. Hofheinz--"Judge" to his Friends for service as a County urt Judge in his 20s--is the Lone Star State's.brashest, mos flamboyant plutocrat, accord ng o this British Broadcasting Cor poration documentary. An ex- mayor of Houston, he built the city's Astrodome, the three dock - wide, 18 - story high en- ·losed air conditioned sports stadium that evangelist Billy Graham has called "The Eighth Wonder of the World." * * * OWNER OF the Barnum iailey Circus, he wants to buy he Leaning Tower of IPisa and ransplant it to Texas soil--if he an be guaranteed the same angle of building tilt here in America. These four multimilliona'rf re followed as they go abou. their business, engage in private conversations, play, sing, boast, confess and give their personal recipes for success. T h e program was highly praised by the London press when it was first telecast in England. It was produced, written and directed by 'Peter Batty for the BBC. The Sunday Times of London said: "Mr. Batty elicited many strange facts about the way his quartet of Texan multimillionaires spend their money, and le caught very well the ethos of heir curious Kves. It was totally complusive." The London Daily Telegraph wrote: "The fascination of such riches is unfailing for the rest of us, and Mr. Batty added to this y cleverly choosing four men whose commonplace manner was set off by great flamboyance either of personal surrounding or attitude."
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin
http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Sun 11 Jun 2017, 11:56 pm
Thanks Ed.

Anything extra about Byrd in particular is always appreciated.

The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

https://gregrparker.com
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum