REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ROKC IS NOW CLOSED AND IS READ ONLY. WE THANK THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US OVER THE LAST 14 YEARS.

Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
Brian says...Sat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 pmEd.Ledoux
last drinks before the bar closesSat 30 Dec 2023, 2:46 pmTony Krome
The Mystery of Dirk Thomas KunertSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:23 pmTony Krome
Vickie AdamsSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:14 pmgreg_parker
Busted again: Tex ItaliaSat 30 Dec 2023, 9:22 amEd.Ledoux
The Raleigh CallSat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 ambarto
Was Oswald ever confronted with the physical rifle?Sat 30 Dec 2023, 12:03 amCastroSimp
Who Dat? Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:24 pmTony Krome
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
Like/Tweet/+1

Go down
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin
http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

help needed - compiling a list of documentaries and tv series on police frames and wrongful convictions - Page 2 Empty help needed - compiling a list of documentaries and tv series on police frames and wrongful convictions

Mon 01 Jul 2019, 10:08 am
First topic message reminder :

1. Making a Murderer
  2. Thin Blue Line
  3. The Confession Tapes
  4. Exhibit A
  5. The Innocent Man
  6. Shadow of Truth (Israeli series)
  7. Dallas DNA
  8. Southwest of Salem: The Story of the San Antonio Four
  9. After Innocence
  10. Sacco and Vanzetti 
  11. West of Memphis
  12. When they See Us
  13. Inside Justice : Birmingham 6
  14. Time/The Kaleif Browder Story
  15. Acquitted (Norwegian)
  16. Brother's Keeper
  17. The Perfect Shot
  18. How a Corrupt Chicago Cop Framed Dozens of People (Youtube)
  19. Murder on a Sunday Morning
  20. Real Crime: The 30 Year Secret (UK)
  21. Small Lives and Great Reputations (UK)

Please add any more you know of

Last edited by greg parker on Tue 02 Jul 2019, 7:31 pm; edited 8 times in total

The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

https://gregrparker.com

greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

help needed - compiling a list of documentaries and tv series on police frames and wrongful convictions - Page 2 Empty Re: help needed - compiling a list of documentaries and tv series on police frames and wrongful convictions

Mon 08 Jul 2019, 12:23 pm
Looking at how some of this was - or could have been used...

Hooking someone up to a polygraph so that they cannot see what is happening and then saying the machine shows you are lying, is a great way to get cooperation from a witness who is not saying what you need them to say. Think Buell Wesley Frazier.

The Reid Technique gets suspects to confess 80% of the time... so there is little incentive to do anything other than pick a viable (but not necessarily guilty) suspect and get that confession. If the person does not confess, doesn't matter. In the course of the interrogations and interviewing of witnesses, you have already developed your own scenario on how the suspect committed the crime. Your job now is gather the evidence in support of your scenario. Pliable witnesses are a good start. Junk science can help. If need be, you can "find" evidence that may have been previously missed. You can justify all of this because you "know" you have the guilty party.

Body language to determine lying

Check out Gladys from about the 1:03 mark. The article specifies exactly what she does here as a sign of lying or deceit. And it comes when she is talking about the communist literature the police have just thrown on the bed (after of course , Lee hiding it so well from Mrs Roberts)

Offering excuses  Ruby claiming he did it to save Jacqui from a trial is straight out of the Reid Manual. Yes, it apparently came from his first lawyer, not the cops --- but that lawyer had been there all morning talking to the cops - even prior to Oswald's murder.

Introducing mistakes into statements and getting the suspect to correct and initial them - this is usually done in regard to suspects but can just as easily be done for witnesses. Marrion Baker did not write his FBI statement where the thing about a coke is crossed out and is initialed by him. The statement itself was written by the agent who has used the Reid Technique of introducing minor errors to make sure Baker knew and understood what he was signing. Baker understood because he spotted the errors, crossed them out and initialed them.  Although having Baker confused about the coke works for "our side" of the debate, it is based on not understanding that the mistakes were introduced as part of a law enforcement technique. We do not need to hang on to evidence that is only evidence if you are ignorant of all the facts. As a motorbike patrolman, Baker would not be trained in the Reid Technique as he did not interrogate people. As such, he would not have known why the mistakes were placed in his statement.

help needed - compiling a list of documentaries and tv series on police frames and wrongful convictions - Page 2 Altgen9

Last edited by greg parker on Tue 09 Jul 2019, 10:01 am; edited 3 times in total

Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

Vinny

help needed - compiling a list of documentaries and tv series on police frames and wrongful convictions - Page 2 Empty Re: help needed - compiling a list of documentaries and tv series on police frames and wrongful convictions

Mon 08 Jul 2019, 7:54 pm
Excellent essay, Greg. Glad that you called out CAPA and their shenanigans.

Tue 09 Jul 2019, 9:39 am
Obviously you are talking to the converted here Greg, 100%. In my opinion Oswald was surrounded by people who laid down fake evidence in front of the corrupt Dallas cops and DA's office aka Bill Alexander and they did the rest. They all would have known most of the planted evidence was coming their way too easy, but didn't give a shit. Pressure from upstate made sure of the outcome. The Dallas cops and their DA mates went about their business as usual and the aftermath of their dirty work condoned by the authorities. Just my 2 cents.

Great stuff Greg, meantime what is everyone else at the other forums doing?? Stuff all I'd say. This is the place mate. This is the ducks guts! Just sayin'

help needed - compiling a list of documentaries and tv series on police frames and wrongful convictions - Page 2 Byp_211
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Tue 09 Jul 2019, 11:46 am
This is what you get at Stinky's place:

From someone named Richard Smith. My replies in bold.

Re: Why Was Oswald Killed?
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2019, 07:14:38 PM »

1) He was the most hated man in America (if not the world) debatable but does suggest the author believes his security was less than adequate
2) He had the misfortune to encounter a nut job with a gun (ironic under the circumstances) ah, Mr. Smith is a fatalist - as well as a fantasist
3) In an effort to be as transparent as possible, the DPD inadvertently put Oswald's safety at risk by allowing the press to make a circus in the hallways and basement of the building (again ironic) Hmm. In an effort to be as transparent as possible, the DPD recorded all of Oswald's interrogations. In an effort to be as transparent as possible, the DPD freely admitted that they had been warned that an attempt would be made on Oswald during the transfer. The DPD should be highly commended for its transparency. 
4) Bad Luck.  If Ruby is minutes or even a few more seconds later running his errands that morning, then Oswald's transfer goes as planned. There is that fatalism again. If Ruby had been minutes or even a few seconds later... Oswald would have been brought down a minute or a few seconds later... no fake fatalism required. No Hobson's Choice accepted. 

Last edited by greg parker on Tue 09 Jul 2019, 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Me

Don Jeffries

Mick_Purdy
Mick_Purdy

Tue 09 Jul 2019, 11:55 am
greg parker wrote:This is what you get at Stinky's place:

From someone named Richard Smith. My replies in bold.

Re: Why Was Oswald Killed?
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2019, 07:14:38 PM »

1) He was the most hated man in America (if not the world) debatable but does suggest the author believes his security was less than adequate
2) He had the misfortune to encounter a nut job with a gun (ironic under the circumstances) ah, Mr. Smith is a fatalist - as well as a fantasist
3) In an effort to be as transparent as possible, the DPD inadvertently put Oswald's safety at risk by allowing the press to make a circus in the hallways and basement of the building (again ironic) Hmm. In an effort to be as transparent as possible, the DPD recorded all of Oswald's interrogations. In an effort to be as transparent as possible, the DPD freely admitted that they had been warned that an attempt would be made on Oswald during the transfer. The DPD should be highly commended for its transparency. 
4) Bad Luck.  If Ruby is minutes or even a few more seconds later running his errands that morning, then Oswald's transfer goes as planned. There is that fatalism again. If Ruby had been minutes or even a few seconds later... Oswald would have been brought down a minute or a few seconds later... no fake fatalism required. No Hobson's Choice accepted. 
Beautifully played Greg Parker. I'm not seeing the irony, or any transparency in how the Dallas cops handled Oswald. None! Each stroke you played there Greg has gone for six.

Last edited by greg parker on Tue 09 Jul 2019, 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixing my usual typos! gp)

help needed - compiling a list of documentaries and tv series on police frames and wrongful convictions - Page 2 Byp_211
Mick_Purdy
Mick_Purdy

Tue 09 Jul 2019, 11:59 am
4) Bad Luck.  If Ruby is minutes or even a few more seconds later running his errands that morning, then Oswald's transfer goes as planned.

He's on the money here. The transfer was always going to go as Planned.  Planned by Fritz, and Alexander.

Vinny

Tue 09 Jul 2019, 8:26 pm
https://think.kera.org/2016/05/03/a-wrongful-execution-in-dallas/

https://prayermanleeharveyoswald.blogspot.com/

Fri 19 Jul 2019, 5:50 am
Not a documentary or TV series, but more evidence that wrongful convictions are commonplace in the US:

'I can't hold no grudge. Life's too short:' Corey Atchison found actually innocent after 1991 murder conviction

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/corey-atchison-freed-from-prison-years-after-shooting-judge-finds/article_f618943c-270d-5aa4-8882-f8a60a643c29.html

..."fundamental miscarriage of justice."

"The star witness in Atchison’s trial, Doane Thomas, submitted an affidavit in 2017 alleging he was pressured to identify Atchison as a suspect."

"This court thinks the purported eyewitnesses who were used were coerced..."

..."the evidence 'is just so overwhelming' that 'it would be hard for a judge to keep him in at this point.'"

"Thomas in 2017 signed an affidavit alleging that Harris 'coached' him to testify against Atchison and threatened him with prison time in 2000 if he told anyone 'the wrong man was in prison.'"

"Norwood said the case should never have gone to trial because of how many witnesses alleged coercion on the part of law enforcement and Harris."
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Fri 19 Jul 2019, 8:01 am
Not a documentary or TV series, but more evidence that wrongful convictions are commonplace in the US:

I don't think it's a problem in just the US Stan. We found a need for our own version f the Innocence Project over here.

I was just thinking how everyone should be able to see the real issue and get behind us on this...

But the OIC and Judyth's separate campaigns to "exonerate" Lee make it difficult We are competing with loud lunatics even in this endeavor.  There isn't a square inch of this case that is not dragged down into the idiotic or completely demented or fraudulent.   Apart from  that, we are also competing with the lure of "solving" the case because everyone knows the cia/mafia/cubans/russians/hungarians/vatican/jews/confederation of hobo assassins cabal did it and that they are nameless, ephemeral creatures not recognizable by ordinary mortals.

Me

Don Jeffries

katisha

Sat 20 Jul 2019, 5:00 pm
Hi Greg

I don't know if a book's any use to you, as you asked for documentaries or TV series, but there was a case here in Melbourne in 1921 where a young girl was found murdered in an alley off Little Collins Street. A local saloon keeper was charged and hanged.

In 1995 a local author did some research into the case and was convinced it was a miscarriage of justice. He persuaded the government to have another look at it, and the result was (from the blurb): '...the first pardon for a judicially executed person in Australia'.

The book is 'Gun Alley' by Kevin Morgan. The victim's name was Alma Tirtschke, and the man hanged was Colin Ross.

Happy to provide more info if you're interested.

Mary C
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Sun 21 Jul 2019, 12:41 pm
katisha wrote:Hi Greg

I don't know if a book's any use to you, as you asked for documentaries or TV series, but there was a case here in Melbourne in 1921 where a young girl was found murdered in an alley off Little Collins Street. A local saloon keeper was charged and hanged.

In 1995 a local author did some research into the case and was convinced it was a miscarriage of justice. He persuaded the government to have another look at it, and the result was (from the blurb): '...the first pardon for a judicially executed person in Australia'.

The book is 'Gun Alley' by Kevin Morgan. The victim's name was Alma Tirtschke, and the man hanged was Colin Ross.

Happy to provide more info if you're interested.

Mary C
Thanks for this Mary.

I remember seeing this on a true crime type show a few years back.

It actually does have a lot it can  tell us.

Researcher Kevin Morgan's Gun Alley: Murder, Lies and Failure of Justice, to be launched on Monday, explains how public hysteria, media criticism of police and politicians, and the testimony of unreliable witnesses conspired to assure Ross' hanging. 
https://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/books/wrong-man-hanged-20050709-ge0hgy.html

Me

Don Jeffries

Vinny

Mon 22 Jul 2019, 7:49 pm

Innocence Ignored: Stories of the Wrongfully Convicted

https://video.vice.com/en_us/video/innocence-ignored-project-stories-wrongfully-convicted-trailer/5bd0850bbe40773a614f06d1

Admin

Mon 22 Jul 2019, 10:38 pm
Vinny wrote:

Innocence Ignored: Stories of the Wrongfully Convicted

https://video.vice.com/en_us/video/innocence-ignored-project-stories-wrongfully-convicted-trailer/5bd0850bbe40773a614f06d1
Nice one, Vinny. Thanks! V\From your link.

More than 2,000 wrongfully convicted people have been exonerated in the United States since 1989 according to the National Registry of Exonerations. That’s more than 19,790 years of human life lost needlessly to wrongful conviction. This series aims to tell the stories of those who had their voices silenced, and to examine the flaws in the system that made these tragedies possible.
The irony of what I highlighted. No one was silenced as quickly and as effectively as Oswald,

Me

Don Jeffries

Tue 13 Aug 2019, 4:34 pm
Hey Greg,

I haven't looked fully into this, but it may help you somehow. Looks interesting.

Frank Malina FBI Files

My father Frank Malina came afoul of Senator Macarthy’s witch hunt committee and the FBI in the early 50s

http://malina.diatrope.com/frank-malina/frank-malina-fbi-files/

A full bio of Frank Malina is at

http://www.olats.org/pionniers/malina/malina.php )
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Tue 13 Aug 2019, 8:36 pm
Jeff Stanton wrote:Hey Greg,

I haven't looked fully into this, but it may help you somehow. Looks interesting.

Frank Malina FBI Files

My father Frank Malina came afoul of Senator Macarthy’s witch hunt committee and the FBI in the early 50s

http://malina.diatrope.com/frank-malina/frank-malina-fbi-files/

A full bio of Frank Malina is at

http://www.olats.org/pionniers/malina/malina.php )
Interesting! Thanks Jeff.

Me

Don Jeffries

Wed 14 Aug 2019, 2:06 am
Hey Greg,

Here are a few more, don't know if they're on your list or not yet though. May find some fruitful media in those links though.

Hope this helps you in some way.

The Trials of Darryl Hunt (2006) - Plot Summary - IMDb
[Search domain www.imdb.com/title/tt0446055/synopsis] https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0446055/synopsis
Summaries. This documentary is the culmination of ten years of research and filming. In 1993, inspired by claims of injustice and police conspiracy, the filmmakers began to shoot in North Carolina. Working from a mix of formats (16mm and 24P video) the film melds the visceral reality of a murder case with first person accounts and cinematic imagery,...

================

Netflix: 7 More Must-Watch True Crime Documentaries
[Search domain www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/netflix-must-watch-true-crime-documentaries.html/] https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/netflix-must-watch-true-crime-documentaries.html/
Werner Herzog's 2011 documentary takes a closer look at the aftermath of a 2001 triple homicide in Conroe, Texas, and the death row inmate convicted of the crime, Michael Perry. The film, which ...

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/netflix-must-watch-true-crime-documentaries.html/

=============

Wrongful Conviction with Jason Flom | reVolver Podcasts
[Search domain www.revolverpodcasts.com/shows/wrongful-conviction-with-jason-flom/] https://www.revolverpodcasts.com/shows/wrongful-conviction-with-jason-flom/
Wrongful Conviction with Jason Flom is a podcast about tragedy, triumph, unequal justice and actual innocence. Based on the files of the lawyers who freed them, Wrongful Conviction features interviews with men and women who have spent decades in prison for crimes they did not commit - some of them had even been sentenced to death.

https://www.revolverpodcasts.com/shows/wrongful-conviction-with-jason-flom/

===============

Documentary "Scenes of a Crime" Leads to Re-Trial of Man ...
[Search domain www.indiewire.com/2014/02/documentary-scenes-of-a-crime-leads-to-re-trial-of-man-coerced-into-wrongful-confession-134178/#!] https://www.indiewire.com/2014/02/documentary-scenes-of-a-crime-leads-to-re-trial-of-man-coerced-into-wrongful-confession-134178/#!
The ruling places new limits on extreme tactics police can use on suspects. ... which won the Grand Jury Prize at the Full Frame Documentary Film Festival. ... Center on Wrongful Convictions, and ...

https://www.indiewire.com/2014/02/documentary-scenes-of-a-crime-leads-to-re-trial-of-man-coerced-into-wrongful-confession-134178/#!

=============

Study Highlights Wrongful Convictions of Black People (VIDEO)
[Search domain www.newsy.com/stories/study-highlights-wrongful-convictions-of-black-people/] https://www.newsy.com/stories/study-highlights-wrongful-convictions-of-black-people/
A new study sheds light on why black people are more likely than white people to be wrongfully convicted of a crime.. Researchers with The National Registry of Exonerations found innocent black ...

https://www.newsy.com/stories/study-highlights-wrongful-convictions-of-black-people/

================

Documentary lays bare Morton's wrongful conviction - Yahoo
[Search domain www.yahoo.com/entertainment/news/documentary-lays-bare-mortons-wrongful-conviction-215409487.html] https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/news/documentary-lays-bare-mortons-wrongful-conviction-215409487.html
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Handcuffed and being bundled into a police car after his conviction for killing his wife, Michael Morton called out to a nearby cluster of reporters. Documentary lays bare ...

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/news/documentary-lays-bare-mortons-wrongful-conviction-215409487.html
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Wed 14 Aug 2019, 8:12 am
Thanks again, Jeff All of those are new to me. The list was already extensive. These additions help underline what a problem this has been and maybe still is.

Me

Don Jeffries

barto
barto
http://www.prayer-man.com/

Fri 30 Aug 2019, 4:46 pm
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/aug/29/alvin-kennard-sentenced-to-life-released-prison

Prayer-Man.com
barto
barto
http://www.prayer-man.com/

Tue 12 Nov 2019, 11:12 am
Not a docu but this is happening right now.

https://theintercept.com/2019/11/08/rodney-reed-death-row-texas/

Prayer-Man.com
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Tue 12 Nov 2019, 3:02 pm
barto wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/aug/29/alvin-kennard-sentenced-to-life-released-prison
Thanks Bart, but this one doesn't quite fit the criteria. He wasn't framed. He got out because of the harshness of the sentence (life for an armed robbery under old 3 strike rules). The robbery netted $55 and no one was injured. Any armed robbery does deserve a stiff sentence, but automatic life because of previous minor convictions - especially when no one is injured, does seem a bit harsh.

Me

Don Jeffries

steely_dan
steely_dan

Tue 19 Nov 2019, 6:56 pm
There's a Netflix doc due out on the 6th Dec called The Confession Killer about Henry Lee Lucas.

help needed - compiling a list of documentaries and tv series on police frames and wrongful convictions - Page 2 BBWWNyn

You ain't gonna know what you learn if you knew it....... confused

Checkmate.

greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Tue 19 Nov 2019, 11:02 pm
steely dan wrote:There's a Netflix doc due out on the 6th Dec called The Confession Killer about Henry Lee Lucas.

help needed - compiling a list of documentaries and tv series on police frames and wrongful convictions - Page 2 BBWWNyn
A FB friend of mine had some involvement in determining that a lot of his confessions were bogus.

Me

Don Jeffries

JFK_Case
JFK_Case

Wed 20 Nov 2019, 4:06 am
You might enjoy this:

http://www.nkyviews.com/campbell/text/ratterman_ky_post.html

http://www.nkyviews.com/campbell/text/newport_look.html

https://books.google.com/books?id=0MeH1Z-Dd-QC&pg=PA112&lpg=PA112&dq=george+ratterman+frame&source=bl&ots=MtA_qgwNUn&sig=ACfU3U0QchpykeYFQTChUxoD5oH1xfOhMQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjK5duA4PblAhXBzVkKHQiUCGwQ6AEwDnoECAkQAQ#v=onepage&q=george%20ratterman%20frame&f=false

Bobby Kennedy went to this town, Newport, to use an example of the mob. JFK visited it in 1960 when he was running for president.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a0/7e/b1/a07eb1c9d59cee760d71a47f3b6cc130.jpg

The third house from the right is where my family was living at the time.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/8c/e1/df/8ce1dfcc4423bb2aa7ed87de65cd912e.jpg

Fun fact - in the Godfather Part II when the congressman is found in the room with the dead stripper, this part of the story is loosely based on what happened in Kentucky.
steely_dan
steely_dan

Wed 20 Nov 2019, 5:43 am
greg parker wrote:
steely dan wrote:There's a Netflix doc due out on the 6th Dec called The Confession Killer about Henry Lee Lucas.

A FB friend of mine had some involvement in determining that a lot of his confessions were bogus.
Yes. It will be interesting to see how the Texas Rangers fare in this. It appears they took the opportunity to clear a huge number of unsolved murders, via showing Lucas the case files, to help refresh his memory.

You ain't gonna know what you learn if you knew it....... confused

Checkmate.

greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Thu 21 Nov 2019, 4:31 pm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sture_Bergwall - confessed to 30 murders and convicted of 8 after researching unsolved cases and undergoing "recovered memory therapy" including the use of drugs.

No other evidence against him existed and details he gave were often wrong. 

He recanted all his confessions in 2006, after which all of his convictions were quashed.

By all accounts, not a well, or likable individual whose real crimes included assaults and molestation of boys. 

It again points to the pressure to solve cases outweighing the reality of the evidence (or lack thereof), but helped in this case also by cult-like quackery.

Me

Don Jeffries

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum