REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ROKC IS NOW CLOSED AND IS READ ONLY. WE THANK THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US OVER THE LAST 14 YEARS.

Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
Brian says...Sat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 pmEd.Ledoux
last drinks before the bar closesSat 30 Dec 2023, 2:46 pmTony Krome
The Mystery of Dirk Thomas KunertSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:23 pmTony Krome
Vickie AdamsSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:14 pmgreg_parker
Busted again: Tex ItaliaSat 30 Dec 2023, 9:22 amEd.Ledoux
The Raleigh CallSat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 ambarto
Was Oswald ever confronted with the physical rifle?Sat 30 Dec 2023, 12:03 amCastroSimp
Who Dat? Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:24 pmTony Krome
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
Like/Tweet/+1

Doc Norwood

+3
greg_parker
barto
steely_dan
7 posters
Go down
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin
http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

Doc Norwood Empty Doc Norwood

Sat 11 Jul 2020, 11:45 pm
Well done, Doc. You finally earned your stripes with your own thread here.

This is how you did it.

Jeremy said wrote:Leaving aside the fact that Pitts' recollection was (... how should I put it so that I don't get reported to teacher?) less than entirely accurately described by James, this particular item of evidence has an obvious alternative explanation: Pitts' memory was unreliable.

You responded with

Doc Norwood wrote:Jeremy,

No matter what degree of prolixity you adopt in your repetitive posts, you always come around to the same talking point:  an eyewitness is "unreliable."  I described Pitts' testimony very precisely and accurately, and you are misrepresenting what I wrote and once again casting aspersions that have no place in this forum.  Your argument will not persuade anyone, and you are in violation of the forum guidelines by stringing out the discussion until the thread devolves into chaos.  Please cease and desist and follow the agreed-upon rules of the Ed Forum.

I have highlighted the area of contention. The issue is who is doing the misrepesenting? We can quickly ascertain who the guilty party is by quoting exactly what you said about Pitts.

Doc Norwood 6/23/20 wrote:In addition to the testimony of Robert Oswald, a total of six eyewitnesses (Frank Kudlaty, Fran Schubert, Richard Galindo, Mark Summers, Bobby Pitts, and Douglas Gann) clearly recalled Oswald attending Stripling Junior High School.
http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/26529-was-it-really-just-a-mole-hunt-about-oswald/?do=findComment&comment=422996

As you well know, Pitts did not say Oswald attended Stripling. He did not say he ever saw Oswald inside the Stripling grounds. He did not attend Stripling himself. He did not know the person he witnessed. He never spoke to the person he witnessed. In essence, he was pressed by the H & L Witness Drive Team to recall "Lee Oswald". Was he shown a photo perhaps, to help his memory?  In the end, this has all the hallmarks of a Cecil McWatters style identification where he picked Oswald only because he was closest in looks to Milton Jones.  I think it went down something like this: "Yeah, that kid on the veranda, he looked like Oswald, so I guess it must have been him."

Therefore, when you include Pitts as one of six who "clearly recalled Oswald attending Stripling", you are misrepresenting the facts. Some might even say "lying". Though certainly not on the thirteen inch head forum because it protects liars, cowards, propagandists and hucksters behind a battery of rules that are malleable according to who they are being applied to. Sometimes they just plain make them up on the fly. And you are quite right. They will boot anyone who continually upsets the liars, cowards, propagandists and hucksters.

Perhaps one day Lord Gordo will see the error of his ways. 

As Jeremy pointed out to you, you are still a member here. Why not come over and set me straight if you disagree with the above?

The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

https://gregrparker.com
steely_dan
steely_dan

Doc Norwood Empty Re: Doc Norwood

Sun 12 Jul 2020, 12:11 am
He's well on his way to receiving his diploma from the Don Jeffries School of Hypocritical Excellence. 
And like Don he bruises as easily as a peach.
The odds of him debating here are about the same as listening to Trump reading out Nixon's alien presence letter.

You ain't gonna know what you learn if you knew it....... confused

Checkmate.

alex_wilson

Sun 12 Jul 2020, 1:12 am
Right on cue we get Fezzo bleating about COINTELPRO.
Mr Joseph's, let me be quite blunt here; your style, your research and your barely legible doodles have done infinitely more damage to the credibility of serious historical study into the assassination of President Kennedy than any amount of COINTELPRO infiltrators.
Will Doc Norwood complain about Fezzos not so subtle implication that certain posters are engaged in an intelligence operation to further obscure the truth while sowing more dissentions?
You bet your fucking ass he won't.
He's the worst sort of coward and hypocrite 
Don Jeffries with a better vocabulary and even less of a sense of humour.
I think I'll have to buy a new irony meter .
Fezzo discussing COINTELPRO with the man whose had the whole of the fucking Hair Bear Bunch rollerskating through Dealey Plaza..
By Christ the Military Industrial Congressional Complex must be shaking in their boots..
A man in a fez and a hillbilly with a slightly higher IQ than a bowl of Strawberry Angel Delight!!

Last edited by alex_wilson on Sun 12 Jul 2020, 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : A large man in an even larger fez just dragged me off to perform a body cavity search)
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Wed 22 Jul 2020, 11:47 am
Doc Norwood @ the thirteen inch head forum wrote:For example, researcher Steve Thomas has compiled a fascinating list of 44 instances when LHO was identified as “Harvey Lee Oswald.”  It may be that there is a plausible explanation for all 44 examples.  But the only way to arrive at that conclusion is to study each example in the original context of its usage.
Oh the irony. The very thing they have fought tooth and nail to avoid regarding the Stripling "witnesses.

Well done, Doc!

But there is more. He actually goes on to rebut Mark's work on Stripling. You know, the very thing that could and should have been done in Mark's thread.

Responding to it in a new thread is simply a way of moving away from the actual arguments against you, in order to make your own straw arguments to rebut.

What a champion.

Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

barto
barto
http://www.prayer-man.com/

Wed 22 Jul 2020, 4:37 pm
It is pathetic.

Prayer-Man.com
steely_dan
steely_dan

Thu 23 Jul 2020, 8:40 am
alex_wilson wrote:Right on cue we get Fezzo bleating about COINTELPRO.
Mr Joseph's, let me be quite blunt here; your style, your research and your barely legible doodles have done infinitely more damage to the credibility of serious historical study into the assassination of President Kennedy than any amount of COINTELPRO infiltrators.
Will Doc Norwood complain about Fezzos not so subtle implication that certain posters are engaged in an intelligence operation to further obscure the truth while sowing more dissentions?
You bet your fucking ass he won't.
He's the worst sort of coward and hypocrite 
Don Jeffries with a better vocabulary and even less of a sense of humour.
I think I'll have to buy a new irony meter .
Fezzo discussing COINTELPRO with the man whose had the whole of the fucking Hair Bear Bunch rollerskating through Dealey Plaza..
By Christ the Military Industrial Congressional Complex must be shaking in their boots..
A man in a fez and a hillbilly with a slightly higher IQ than a bowl of Strawberry Angel Delight!!
Doc Norwood 202_zo10

Checkmate.

steely_dan
steely_dan

Thu 23 Jul 2020, 12:02 pm
DrDoc Norwood Th?q=Brat+Child&w=120&h=120&c=1&rs=1&qlt=90&cb=1&pid=InlineBlock&mkt=en-GB&adlt=moderate&t=1&mw=247 Norwood has spoken...

Checkmate.

alex_wilson

Fri 24 Jul 2020, 11:51 pm
I think Doc Norwood has just topped Swinging Sandy's " All H and L critics are ideologues" post...I think Greg's going to have to invest in a new IronyMeter...
Here we have the ex Chairman of the OIC , an organisation that aggressively touted the notion that the Altgens 6 photo was extensively altered within 30 minutes of the assassination lecturing others about photo analysis.
Norwood is seemingly oblivious to the complete fool he's making of himself.
Ignoring all criticism and carrying on as if he's just found himself a comfortable new deckchair on the Titantic...
I've just realised something... it's a damn shame Ed Wood isn't still with us.
Only his unique artistic vision would have been capable of bringing H and L to the silver screen..
Only he could tell the tragic tale of two hapless doppelgangers...
Plan Nine from Outer Budapest anyone?
Or how about " Lee or Leanne?"
The  heart rendering saga of a bullnecked meat headed all American doppelganger who feels more comfortable wearing his doppelgangers fake mom's angora sweaters...
Bela Lugosi would have been perfect as Sidney Gottleib...to give the story the authentic flavour of the Carpathians..
" But Uncle Sidney why can't I wear this lacy pink Basque under my white T shirt? As long as I shoot straight from the 6th floor window it dont matter, right?"
Lee or Leanne? would most definitely have given My Stretch of Texas Ground a run for it's Won at Pyongyang's illustrious Film Festival ( with a guest workshop by Yankee Imperialist Fez wearer D Joseph's " Is that an Emoji on Main Street or are you just pleased to see me?")

Is that a doppelganger in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?
Artist, poet, polymath, cancer research prodigy Judyth Vary Baker's  first words to Lee HARVEY Oswald. New Orleans April 1963

For every HARVEY there must be an equal and opposite LEE
Professor Sandy Isaac Newton Laverne Shirley Fonzie Larsen's 
Famous 1st Law of Doppelganging

" To answer your question I  ALWAYS  look for mundane reasons for seeming anomalies before considering  sinister explanations. Only a fool would do otherwise. And I'm no fool" The esteemed Professor Larsen  From  his soon to be published  self help book " The Trough of Enlightenment "( Trine Day  Foreword  Vince Palamara)

" Once you prove Davidson's woman's face then Stanton's breasts follow naturally " Brian Doyle
alex_wilson

Fri 24 Jul 2020, 11:54 pm
I think Doc Norwood has just topped Swinging Sandy's " All H and L critics are ideologues" post...I think Greg's going to have to invest in a new IronyMeter...
Here we have the ex Chairman of the OIC , an organisation that aggressively touted the notion that the Altgens 6 photo was extensively altered within 30 minutes of the assassination lecturing others about photo analysis.
Norwood is seemingly oblivious to the complete fool he's making of himself.
Ignoring all criticism and carrying on as if he's just found himself a comfortable new deckchair on the Titantic...
I've just realised something... it's a damn shame Ed Wood isn't still with us.
Only his unique artistic vision would have been capable of bringing H and L to the silver screen..
Only he could tell the tragic tale of two hapless doppelgangers...
Plan Nine from Outer Budapest anyone?
Or how about " Lee or Leanne?"
The  heart rendering saga of a bullnecked meat headed all American doppelganger who feels more comfortable wearing his doppelgangers fake mom's angora sweaters...
Bela Lugosi would have been perfect as Sidney Gottleib...to give the story the authentic flavour of the Carpathians..
" But Uncle Sidney why can't I wear this lacy pink Basque under my white T shirt? As long as I shoot straight from the 6th floor window it dont matter, right?"
Lee or Leanne? would most definitely have given My Stretch of Texas Ground a run for it's Won at Pyongyang's illustrious Film Festival ( with a guest workshop by Yankee Imperialist Fez wearer D Joseph's " Is that an Emoji on Main Street or are you just pleased to see me?")
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Mon 03 Aug 2020, 11:33 pm
Doc Norwood lecture of the day to Mark wrote:On numerous occasions, I have pointed the inherent bias in everything you write about the Stripling evidence.  An objective observer would examine the evidence impartially.  

Tips on how to understand Doc's lectures:

Objective Observer = cult member or potential cult member

Impartiality = ability to suspend disbelief

Me

Don Jeffries

alex_wilson

Wed 05 Aug 2020, 1:39 am
All joking aside I find reading Doc Norwoods contributions profoundly demoralising.
He doesn't seem to realise the damage hes doing to the cause he's supposedly fighting for.
Harvey and Lee is the ultimate embodiment of the self inflicted  wound.
The blow upon the old bruise.
Each post is like another bullet fired into your own foot.
Perhaps they've simply become numb. The pain no longer penetrating the haze of dancing emoticons and circular logic. Their wits dulled by the narcotic stupor, each new post brings a brief chaotic rush of elation..
" We're really showing those critics up!" Baggins thinks as he posts the same old shite for the umpteenth time.
Just as the momentary rush , the the pupils dilate and the warm cotton wool angel wings enfold the shivering addict, slumped in his garbage strewn attic.
Freed from the dull pain of existence, propelled by the filthy poison that's coursing through his veins, cold as night before the age when youth grows wise with rage, he sees himself down beneath, sprawling on a piss soaked mattress. The fear of pain making the unbearable easy to bear.
I'm not comparing Baggins and co to drug addicts.
I'm simply using the image to enforce and further emphasise their careless stupidity.
Their destroying the credibility of the historical truth of conspiracy.
There's is a failed paradigm. The equivalent of a Tiger moth biplane trying to attack a stealth fighter.
Their ridiculous fantasy is making the lone gunman lie seem credible.
The flawed, corrupt official case against Oswald appears like a B2 stealth bomber opposed to the rickety wooden structure of their doppelganger project.
Jack White, Fetzer, the High Priests of the Empty Vessel, the " We Know the Truth twins"( before their Stalin goes to Reno divorce) Drago and Burnham( the man who almost made self righteousness an art form. Gerry Patrick Hemming, Col Proutys etc etc was a close personal friend of mine.. I know the Z film is a fake because I saw the other film), Lemkin,  the conspiracists nightmare of reincarnation, coming back to earth as a frantic tie dyed octopus, tentacles writhing and flopping as the CIA agents burst in, snorkel first , to his Prague aquarium looking for Harry Deans memoirs , Tosh Plumlees confession and the rusty old pawn shop rifles he paid some enterprising conman 100 grand for" yeh man I swear them there are the guns Loy Factor 'n Jimmy Files used to plug that commie sumofabitch"
Then there's the patron saint of the mediocre, the grey blimp of Dealey Plaza, Pat Speer and his website that would make Kafkas  ghost weep prophet's tears..How to make the crime of the century sound like a Southern California phone directory..
Then there's Jeffries and the Doppelgangers... just slightly higher up the conspiracy food chain than Cinque, Doyle, Butler and on the very lowest level, down with the bloaters and bottom feeders Juddufki and her enablers and Dickie Hooke the Julius Streicher of conspiracy theories, with his hag like sidekick who claims the Jews and Jackie killed JFK..
To a greater or lesser extent they all failed 
Succeeding only in turning research into some faux Manichean sham 
Them or Us..
Allowing the lone gunman marionettes to false debate themselves into a splintery delirium.
McAdams and the hateful buffoons who flock to Macraes forum like fat balding middle aged businessmen to grimy masseur parlours
" A soiled trenchcoat can be written off as expenses, right?"
...they queue up to indulge in mock debate with our giddy tin foil hatted troofer friends ..
It's fucking easy to debunk a load of excrement about doppelganging and film alteration..but another thing entirely to engage in measured discussion with someone who deals with reality.
Cold prosaic facts. Oswalds first day alibi...Greg and the other ROKCers remind me of a skilled picture restorer .who can rediscover a long lost Old Master buried beneath centuries worth of shit, neglect or the overpainting of less skilled hands.
Carefully, patiently, methodically and meticulously teasing out the truth of what happened in Dealey Plaza one bright autumn lunchtime over half a century ago.
Baggins is just a tired old huckster, from basking in the glow of Hollywood in the halycon years,lionised by the Conspiratocracy to playing dumps ,off-season in some dingy resort, leaden skies,  the soul crushing cough of faded neon, walking out every night the silence echoing in his ears to find more silence outside..
Only Swinging Sandy, the half illiterate step son giggling as he draws cocks and cunts in the sand with a trotter .. wincing inwardly as he hears Fezzo, a new fez tilted rakishly over one glazed eye, and Butler arguing if the cocks belong to Harvey or Lee....and if the ladybits belonged to the tall goodlooking Marguerite or the dumpy Marguerite Oswald imposter..
Slumped in a deckchair, gloomily watching the ships glide serenely across the horizon.. like painted sails upon a painted ocean poor old Doc Norwoods thoughts turn to the Titanic..
Listening to Butler ramble on about face masks he begins to envy the folk who sat on their deckchairs on the Poop deck of the Titanic..almost hearing Sandy giggle " Poop poop poop did they go to the poop deck to do a jobby?"
From the OIC to Harvey and Lee...from a deckchair on the Titanic to a deckchair on some grey dismal beach of the mind..
The cold waves of the soul lapping at your feet...
But I'm wasting my words...we all are...the H and L gang are lost in a dream world..
Dreams can be pleasant but dreams can be dangerous too. For to dream you must first be asleep...
JeremyBojczuk
http://22november1963.org.uk/

Wed 05 Aug 2020, 8:36 pm
Then there's the patron saint of the mediocre, the grey blimp of Dealey Plaza, Pat Speer and his website that would make Kafkas  ghost weep prophet's tears..How to make the crime of the century sound like a Southern California phone directory..

The tin-foil hat brigade are certainly bringing the whole subject into disrepute and are more than worthy subjects of your ridicule, Alex. But I'm not sure Speer belongs among them.

Speer's website actually has a lot of good material in it, although the presentation isn't as user-friendly as it could be, and not everything is properly referenced. Overall, it's a very worthwhile source of information. If there's any tin-foil hat stuff there, I've missed it. I don't recall Speer ever promoting doppelgangers, faked films, alien visitors, or similar nonsense.

Since we're on a thread dealing with that strange Norwood character, what is this bpete blog you mentioned? I've had a search, but can't find anything. Could you give us a link?

Also, just out of interest, who is the Caledonian holocaust denier? Crazy JFK theories do seem to attract people who are crazy in all sorts of ways.
alex_wilson

Wed 05 Aug 2020, 10:10 pm
Certainly Jeremy. BPete has two blogs: the wonderfully evocatively titled Fetzering Against Rational Thought ( F.A.R.T) and the Oswald Innocence Campaign.
Warning BPete was a graduate of the Ivan Grozny school of debate and his use of language leaves little to the imagination.
If you haven't checked it out already Jeremy may I also recommend Lance Uppercuts site.
I'm sure a connoisseur of the bizarre excesses of tin foil hattery like yourself will savour the expert debunking of the OIC.
I accept Speers site is useful as a primary resource and accept also my criticisms are purely subjective.
It's a matter of aesthetics, of presentation. Speer manages to squeeze all the life out of the case, his droning pedantic style desensitises the mind to the historical and human aspects of the case 
Your site for example encourages critical thinking. It challenges the novice ( and the expert) to explore further, challenging both themselves and their perceptions.
Your site has verve to it, the perfect entrepot for a young inquiring mind, it exposes the frailty of the official story without lapsing into paroxysms of wild eyed conspiracism.
Speers site ( for me anyway) is just a void of grey nothingness. A nasal monotone droning interminably about bullet trajectories and optical densomitry readings.
He needlessly complicates a fundamentally simple case. Without evincing any sign of understanding what he's endeavouring to describe.
His presence is one of the main reasons I would never join the 13 Inch Head forum
Aside from his droning banality and one size fits all mentality it's his propensity to play nice with people I regard as charlatans.
Under no circumstances ,ever,  is it acceptable to attend a Juddufki conference. Full stop. End of story. These people are at best parasites, leeching off the doubts and fears of honest people. The assassination for them( like the Covid 19 pandemic) was simply a business opportunity.
These people seem to exist in a self contained ecosystem, a little slice of the early 90s perfectly frozen. The defenders of the official story don't need to do anything except lean down from their perch in the 6th floor window and yell " the SBT was hypothetically possible" occasionally and then sit back and let the Fezzos and all his tin foil hatted troofer friends drive more and more young folk down Elm Street.
Staring up at the 6th floor window they think " Maybe Oswald did it after all"
Mark put it quite beautifully , about Fezzos scribbles and " diagrams" They are the embodiment of junk pseudo science. Reading his stuff is the equivalent of reading a densely worded mathematical treatise on how fucking E Meters work.
You don't indulge in polite debate with cultsters and scam artists. The only intellectually honest approach in my opinion is to ridicule them
You, for example, are smart and savvy enough to understand consorting with the tin foil hat fraternity is the kiss of death.
Speer stands for a hypocritical faux gentility.
Tut tutting at foul language while cheerfully cavorting with cranks and open holocaust deniers ( Don Jeffries)
I'm sorry if I expressed myself poorly, the holocaust denier in question was our old friend Zangarathepatsy, who showed up here spouting off the 
usual denier lies.
Also our old friend Brian too, who assumed the on line identity of his deceased father Albert. Follower of David Irving and author of "Albert Doyle's Investigation of Dachau" Without even reading it I could pretty much quote the lies and the distortions. The holocaust deniers make the H and L gang look like a team of forensic archeologists from the British Museum.
As always Jeremy it's a pleasure to read your searing inditement of the H and L fantasy.
As soon as we get back home I'll email you.

Artist, poet, polymath, cancer research prodigy Judyth Vary Baker's  first words to Lee HARVEY Oswald. New Orleans April 1963

" To answer your question I  ALWAYS  look for mundane reasons for seeming anomalies before considering  sinister explanations. Only a fool would do otherwise. And I'm no fool" The esteemed Professor Larsen  From  his soon to be published  self help book " The Trough of Enlightenment "( Trine Day  Foreword  Vince Palamara)

" Once you prove Davidson's woman's face then Stanton's breasts follow naturally " Brian Doyle
Vinny

Thu 06 Aug 2020, 8:14 pm
BPetes Blogs

http://www.oswaldinnocencecampaign.com/

https://www.bpete1969.com/

Don Jeffries Blog

https://donaldjeffries.wordpress.com/

Fri 07 Aug 2020, 2:34 am
Thanks Vinny

JeremyBojczuk
http://22november1963.org.uk/

Sat 08 Aug 2020, 6:19 pm
Thanks, Vinny and Alex. The JFK assassination does attract some weird people.
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Sun 09 Aug 2020, 3:02 pm
The Good Doctor wrote:There was a recent Ed Forum thread on Laura Kittrell posted by Doug Caddy that included a short youtube lecture focusing on Murray Chotiner.

The lecture began with the speaker stating the following about Laura Kittrell: 

"She worked for the Texas Employment Commission, and she said that she interviewed Lee Harvey Oswald before the assassination on multiple occasions."

When we take a close look at Kittrell's manuscript, we learn right away that the purpose of her recalling the interviews was that she recognized at the time and felt compelled to alert the authorities, including Robert Kennedy, that she had interviewed two different men claiming to be Oswald.

Forum member Joe Bauer made an astute observation when he wrote that “I don't see the Oswald we know who was married to Marina here in the states and the one we saw on TV the weekend of November 22-24, 1963 as wearing a black leather motorcycle gang jacket and pounding his open hand on the Employment Department counselor's desk twice, while shouting ‘DAMN, I know that guy!’”  Precisely because of these details, I was led to conclude that the man slamming his hand on the desk and knocking over a flower pot was an imposter, leaving the impression of a violent malcontent that Kittrell would recall after the assassination.

Another point made in the video is that Oswald had an association with Republican political strategist Murray Chotiner.  But in her manuscript, Kittrell recounts that Oswald denied ever working Chotiner.  He only recognized the name when he overheard the conversation between Kittrell and the client ahead of him, who acknowledge that she had worked for Chotiner as a maid.  When he exclaimed, "DAMN, I know that guy!", it was likely a figure of speech and that he meant "I know who that guy is."  It is far too big a leap to speculate that Chotiner had anything to do with the JFK assassination based on the Kittrell manuscript.

There was also a lively discussion of this topic on p. 3 of Jim Hargrove's thread entitled "Was It Really Just a MOLE HUNT about 'Oswald'.'"
So here we are again at the corner of Stupid and Imwith, where those geniuses behind the Oswald Project met to discuss how to use doppelgangers to frame a patsy for an assassination.

I think they got all their ideas from The Nutty Professor, released in June 1963 - around the time the Texas trip was in early planning. 

Maurice Bishop: So far we have had LEE make a lasting impression of HARVEY who of course, is currently playing the role of LEE. We have achieved this remarkable feat by having LEE pretend to be HARVEY playing LEE and telling people his name is LEON and to ensure that he looks a bit disheveled with at least a 5 day growth - because that is exactly unlike Harvey. Which is why people will remember. But how can we top that?

Robin Bishop: I think this time we go for the Fonzie look. Mark my word, in 50 years this strategy will have people jumping the shark. What we do is get him into leathers and send him down to the TEC to talk about living and working in places Harvey never did and generally acting like a real hep cat! 

Barry Bishop: I knew when I started this joke it was a bad idea.

The only way the Brothers Bishop could have made the impersonations less convincing was by using Lurch, Thing or Cousin Itt.

Me

Don Jeffries

alex_wilson

Wed 12 Aug 2020, 7:59 am
This is what really angers me about H and L. They're making an absolute mockery of history and the historical process. Trivialising a very real, very tragic and may I say very well recorded historical episode in an attempt to prop up their ridiculous fantasy.
Butler's turning his laser like intellect on little HARVEYs origins .. perhaps, he speculates, employing the same logic he employs when chasing boxing glove wearing kangaroos down Elm Street, little HARVEY was a Hungarian WW2 orphan after all, regurgitated ( and misunderstanding) a fucking Wikipedia article as his proof..
Little HARVEY, the prodigal doppelganger returns to Minsk.
There's the learned Doc Norwood cheering him on... praising JOHN FUCKING BUTLER I'll repeat that JOHN FUCKING BUTLER for his insightful analysis.
This is what comes of unimaginative cultsters rehashing factoids they've picked up in conspiracy friendly tomes .
Wisners post war operations have been meticulously studied.
They involved recruited ex SS personnel, Russian collaborators, Ukrainian, Baltic nationalists, Arrow Cross members from Hungary, Albanian monarchists, ex Croatian Ustashe etc from the teeming POW/ resettlement camps for paramilitary raids/ insertion of personnel into the rapidly coalescing Eastern bloc 
They had fuck all to do with playing nursemaid to phantasmal Hungarian doppelgangers in waiting.
Whats more all the missions launched were complete failures, the Soviet Union ( thanks mainly to Philby) had thoroughly penetrated them all, and I mean all.
This information is not difficult to find, for a supposed academic it should be as easy to find out what really happened.
But no, the venerable, oh so precious Doc Norwood seems content enough spreading utter fantasy and chumming about with that paragon of sober historical enquiry- John Butler.
Perhaps prissy little Jimmy likes leaving his ivory tower occasionally, to slum it amongst the tawdry conspiratorial demi monde
And before Doc Norwood puts on his indignant school marm act I think it's far more vulgar playing games with the lifes and tragic deaths of real people just to prop up some puerile fantasy than it is mocking those who indulge liberally in such puerile fantasizing.
Shame on you Doc Norwood. Youre a Fetzer sized disgrace to academia, pimping this spurious nonsense.
From the OIC to H and L...whats  next Jimmy? Will you and Siegfried the teddy bear be joining Don Jeffries estimable blog? Perhaps a little holocaust denial will titillate your good self?
Why not? 
You had no problems consorting with them when you were " Chairman" of the OIC .
All joking aside for Gordon to permit his site to be used as a pulpit for ahistorical cultsters to peddle their lies is utterly fucking scandalous.

greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Wed 12 Aug 2020, 10:05 am
All joking aside for Gordon to permit his site to be used as a pulpit for ahistorical cultsters to peddle their lies is utterly fucking scandalous.

Lord Gordo has no clue what happens in his kingdom. He is a well-meaning but doddering and only semi-lucid lord of a decrepit castle who relies on "intelligence" (i.e. reports from the Doc er at) to "know" what is happening. 

There must be 100's of exemplars of the type in old British films.

Me

Don Jeffries

greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Thu 13 Aug 2020, 1:44 pm
doc wrote:(3)  Regarding Nelson Delgado and other Marines who witnessed Oswald reading publications in the Russian language, there is no evidence that they saw him engaged in language study, either by the use of a textbook, flash cards, or tutorials with an expert.  Yet somehow, by 1959, Oswald was already competent enough to be reading newspapers, journals, novels, and other literature. 
No evidence Doc?

Let me guess. The FBI planted these Russian and German flash cards in the evidence pile to hide the fact that he was a natural born Hungarian Russian speaker!

Russian is challenging language. 
Nowhere near as challenging as making a horse drink even after leading him to the water.

It would be even more daunting for a high school dropout with no formal training to become as competent as Oswald was prior to the time he left for the Soviet Union in 1959. 
It would be daunting for the vast majority. But we are not a one-size fits all world. Otherwise we'd all need hats for 13 inch heads.

Some answers to this question online:

Can those on the spectrum learn to speak different languages instead of just English?

I speak 4 languages from 3 families and formally studied 6.

I find memorizing vocabulary and grammar rules and finding similarities and differences fun.

As a child, i spent hours reading a french encyclopedia w/o speaking french.

I still remember what false morel mushroom is in french and latin.

By the way, the other 5 languages i know don’t capitalize the pronoun for the first person singular so i don’t see a reason to do it in english. I also don’t capitalize adjectives.

Of course they can! I have heard that people with ASD are actually better at leaning languages and accents than neuro trypicals

Autistics in general have a strong drive to focus on particular interests. If that interest is language, the focus may help them to learn that language fast.

As well, autistic focus may take in more aspects of the language than neurotypicals generally manage. It may be that adult autistics are better at learning the unfamiliar sounds of a new language where neurotypicals may lose that to a greater extent as they mature.

If you bear in mind that “autism” can be seen as referring generically to many different kinds of variations in cerebral connections and there are major differences amongst autistics. Some obsess on detail while others have the ability to draw broader conceptual connections than neurotypicals normally can.

Someone who has a more-global feel for language may be able to learn other languages faster through having a better sense of the etymology of words.

There is no single answer because categories such as autism or Asperger Syndrome cover a wide range of people and personalities.

That’s what makes the official elimination of “Asperger Syndrome” so entertaining. It cannot easily be distinguished from autism because autism is a grab-bag of neurological variation that would seem to have no clear core characteristic or cause. Don’t be too surprised if autism itself is debunked completely within the next few years. It seems little more than a pathologising of normal variation and the creation of a market for medication and therapies through associating healthy variation with disabling extremes.

There is an inherent problem with your question in that it assumes that all people with autism are the same, which is just patently untrue. That is why they call it a spectrum. My 15 1/2 year old has aspergers and he is one of the most brilliant people I know. He was learning Russian at 10 (but stopped as he transferred schools) and is now learning Spanish in high school (and getting an A).

I really implore everyone to understand and accept that autism is a spectrum disorder and, as such, you can't lump everyone who has it into the same pile. They are humans with differences, just as any “neurotypical “ person is (lots of whom I know who seem wholly incapable of learning other languages).

Back to the Doc

If he were receiving “one-on-one lessons” during his stint in the Marines, the major questions to be answered are:  (a) who was giving him the lessons?; (b) when did the lessons occur outside of his well-documented regular Marine duties?; (c) where did they occur?; and (d) how could he have attained a skill set in such a short time to be able to take an Army Russian-language competency exam?  Zack Stout was a fellow Marine who worked alongside Oswald every day for a ten-month period either in the radar bubble in Atsugi, the Philippines, Subic Bay, aboard ship, and while they were on liberty.  Neither Stout nor any other Marine witnessed Oswald receiving lessons in the Russian language.
Got any witnesses for his time in hospital or his brig time? What did he do on base all weekend while everyone else was out painting the town?

Me

Don Jeffries

greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Thu 13 Aug 2020, 11:17 pm
doc wrote:Mathias,

The following is the extent of what we know about the Warren Commission's inquiry into the possibility that  Oswald studied Russian at the foreign language institute in Monterey.  In a closed-door meeting of the Warren Commission, general counsel J. Lee Rankin stated that,

“we are trying to find out what [Oswald] studied at the Monterey School of the Army in the way of languages.”

Of course, Rankin's inquiry produced no documented results and no conclusions about where Oswald learned Russian.  And in the Marine records of Oswald, there is no placement of Oswald in Monterey, especially for the lengthy period of time that would be necessary for intensive foreign language training.

Thanks very much for getting the ball rolling on this discussion.

James

WRT the highlighted quote,  The Doc, the rest of the cracked squad and others of their ilk continually take this quote of context. They do so either because they use the quote without checking the context, or because they have made the decision to hide the context in order to leave an impression that Lee's ability with Russian must be the topic of discussion.

But it is not. They are talking about his Spanish ability.

Doc Norwood Spanis10
They thought he was learning Spanish because he and Delgado would talk about going to Cuba and Delgado did do Spanish at Monterey.

The fact that they had hearsay from Russia that his Spanish was limited gave them pause to consider what other language he may have studied there.  No particular language is mentioned, including the obvious one.

Me

Don Jeffries

greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Fri 14 Aug 2020, 12:00 am
Let's consider the H & L timeline

1945-1947: An East European refugee boy arrives in the US. He is somewhere between 6 and 8 years old but small for his age. Between birth and his time of arrival in the US, he learns to speak Russian and English - like a native speaker in both cases.

Late Summer/Early Fall 1947: The newly formed CIA has moved quickly to find the boy a surrogate mother named Marguerite and she takes him to live on San Saba in Benbrook. The game has begun. For the rest of his life he would be called Lee Harvey Oswald, but would insist on some people calling him Harvey. With others, he didn't seem to care. Except for those he insisted should call him Leon.

The ultimate plan would be to send him to the Soviet Union pretending to be a disillusioned ex-Marine from the South named Lee Harvey Oswald. Once there, he would pretend to know very little Russian, if any, so that he could eavesdrop and fully comprehend all that was being said. Who knows, some might  discuss something within earshot of some importance to US interests. If they did, all those years of planning this would not be wasted! 

To make this work, HARVEY had to have a rock solid background reflecting that he was a Southern boy, sickened by what he saw in SEA and looking for a better world - and one who had definitely not only NOT learned Russian and passed a Russian exam but one who didn't go around flouting his Russian ability or  openly reading Russian newspapers.

After all, the Doc is concerned that the Soviet KGB would have thoroughly check Oswald out through there network of illegals and embedded spies.

Does the Doc believe the KGB could not find out he was reading Russian language papers and passing Russian language tests if they wanted to? I mean, it was "common knowledge" on the base that he could speak Russian. 

So where are we now?  Following an East European kid who speaks both Russian and English like a native, who was the same age as Lee Harvey Oswald give or take a year or 2, but had something of an identity crisis brought on by his enforced doppelganging, and had trouble deciding if he should be called "Lee", "HARVEY" or "Leon". Lee/HARVEY/Leon would be given a mission to play a non Russian-speaking American defector for the purposes of spying behind the iron curtain and, according to the Doc, the KGB would check his background but somehow miss all the Russian-speaking red flags from the Marines. The Ruskies, according to the Doc were also as dumb as dogshit, because they do not take the precaution of not talking about military secrets in front of him. I mean, after-all, he says he doesn't speak the language. What's not to trust with that? 

And what did the US get for this 15 year project? Some data about Minsk and a radio factory. Far be it for me to say this information was not useful to the US. 

But was it worth the most convoluted and dumb project in the entire history of the planet? Of course it was - at least to the cracked squad.  And how lucky was the CIA to find a six year old polyglot that looked like Lee Harvey Oswald?

Last edited by greg_parker on Fri 14 Aug 2020, 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Me

Don Jeffries

alex_wilson

Fri 14 Aug 2020, 12:34 am
That really gets to the heart of the matter Greg. The fundamental implausibility of the " Two Oswald's Project" What exactly was the purpose of all that incredibly convulted Intel spookery?
To send some disaffected Marine to eavesdrop in a Byelorussian radio factory?
Oswald was a fucking grunt for Armstrongs sake! A private first class. I don't buy the stuff about the U2. Sure, he may well have known some codes, but the radar detectors he was working with didn't have the range to track it over China 
There's nothing Oswald could have told the Soviets that they didn't already know. The thought of some obscure teenage Marine private being involved in top level diplomatic chicanery, that Oswald would be trusted with the vital data to torpedo the upcoming peace summit ..if you believe that I've got a scholarship for the Sandy Larsen " From Pork Chop to PhD Genius Programme" at Balliol College Oxford to sell you .
I can buy the notion of him being a low level courier, involved in the exchange of technical data. I can buy the false defector angle too. The real historical Lee Harvey Oswald had the perfect profile.
Bright kid denied the opportunity to reach his full potential due to his relatively impoverished background.
Turned off by the excesses of Yankee Imperialism and eager to sample the egalitarian paradise of the Workers State . 
My best guess is that the whole" native born Russian speaker " angle was an afterthought.
Armstrong needed to give little HARVEY and his dumpy fake mom a purpose after all.
What Norwood is attempting to do is absolutely disgraceful.
Arlen Specter with a teddy bear and a tin foil hat.
Chasing HARVEY around the US like Specter chased the  trajectories around to make his single bullet fantasy work.
H and L is every bit as implausible.
Credit where credit is due Tommy Graves had the language angle worked out.
It's Lee Harvey Oswalds spoken ENGLISH that's the give away. Listening to him speak it's blatantly obvious that he wasn't a native Russian speaker.
I guess that's why they're focusing on his Russian.
The test results Col Folsom spoke about and the date with Rosaleen Quinn's aunt are perfectly compatible with Oswalds
 real linguistic capability pre Russia.
I know from first hand experience that it's perfectly possible for someone with the requisite talent and drive to teach themselves Russian to a reasonably competent level

Jeff Reilley

Fri 14 Aug 2020, 8:27 am
Greg, your theory about Oswald being on the spectrum (won't use Asperger bc now it's pretty much one and the same), really hit me. Couple things:
1. I have been dating a woman for six years. Her son is nine and on the severe end of the spectrum.
1a. He speaks a lot of Spanish, Mandarin, and some German from YouTube learning channels that he memorizes.
1b. He obsesses about little details, and sometimes neglects bigger, more obvious ones.

2. When things go wrong(you mentioned this in an earlier thread)...
2a. Small things can bring the worst meltdown you've ever witnessed. I.e. the internet has to be rebooted after a thunderstorm.
2b. Traumatic things will not faze him at all. During Hurricane Irma and the three weeks plus of a living nightmare that followed, he was a stud. Completely adapted.

3. When confronted after getting in trouble three things can happen.
1. Change subjects
2. Deny everything
3. Start acting (try to cry out of it or get aggressive/ arrogant)

Now, I know he's a severe case, but some of those things remind me of someone. Plus, how many people on the spectrum went undocumented back then...almost all. Labelled as troublemakers and delinquents. Hell in the 90's when I was in grade school, most kids that had some issues were just labelled as troublemakers or too hyper.

Typing from my phone, which may or may not have been left out in the rain after a few libations the other night, or I'd go more in depth. Also need to find my laptop. I thought I'd share, since the thought has been on my mind.

As well, being around kids on the spectrum everyday I have noticed, I've never met a single one that actually wanted to hurt anyone/thing. The violence displayed is ALWAYS from not being able to communicate

greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Fri 14 Aug 2020, 10:35 am
alex wrote:To send some disaffected Marine to eavesdrop in a Byelorussian radio factory?
Oswald was a fucking grunt for Armstrongs sake! A private first class. I don't buy the stuff about the U2. Sure, he may well have known some codes, but the radar detectors he was working with didn't have the range to track it over China 
There's nothing Oswald could have told the Soviets that they didn't already know.
Exactly. They knew everything they needed to know, according to Popov.

And mentioning China is spot on. IIRC, the U2s being dispatched from Atsugi were bound for China, not the SU. Those were flying out from Turkey. 

The factory had been militarily important at one time before it was relocated to Minsk, and it still did have a secret experimental shop. But you have to weigh it all against what it took "Project Oswald" to get there. In any case, how could they know he would be sent to Minsk? 

TBH, I think they did know because it was part of quid pro quo deal. But no such deal would have been offered to the mythical Project Oswald. Project Oswald had no good will involved.

Me

Don Jeffries

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum