REOPENKENNEDYCASE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ROKC IS NOW CLOSED AND IS READ ONLY. WE THANK THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US OVER THE LAST 14 YEARS.

Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
Brian says...Sat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 pmEd.Ledoux
last drinks before the bar closesSat 30 Dec 2023, 2:46 pmTony Krome
The Mystery of Dirk Thomas KunertSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:23 pmTony Krome
Vickie AdamsSat 30 Dec 2023, 1:14 pmgreg_parker
Busted again: Tex ItaliaSat 30 Dec 2023, 9:22 amEd.Ledoux
The Raleigh CallSat 30 Dec 2023, 4:33 ambarto
Was Oswald ever confronted with the physical rifle?Sat 30 Dec 2023, 12:03 amCastroSimp
Who Dat? Fri 29 Dec 2023, 10:24 pmTony Krome
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of REOPENKENNEDYCASE on your social bookmarking website
Like/Tweet/+1

the assassination in dot points

+5
StanDane
JFK_Case
Mick_Purdy
Vinny
greg_parker
9 posters
Go down
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin
http:// http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXOA5ZK/ref=s9_simh_

the assassination in dot points - Page 2 Empty the assassination in dot points

Sat 05 Jun 2021, 12:12 pm
First topic message reminder :

• JFK killed as a result of a plot by internal enemies, including some in his own party

• Oswald was a designated patsy - there were others.

• Oswald's background is a reliable path to some involved

• There were at least three points along the motorcade route where the assassination may have occurred. First on Main St by pistol, second in Dealey Plaza and third at the luncheon by poison. Main St was aborted for good reason and the luncheon plan was not needed

• Had Main St gone ahead, the pistol ordered by Hidell would have been the alleged murder weapon, Hidell would have been linked to a different patsy and the BYP would look different, if they bothered making them at all in this scenario)

• Oswald was on the steps during the shooting

• The police did nothing out of character in framing him. Standard techniques, amateurish and done on the fly. Other agencies joined in on the frame for their own reasons, as did the new government

• Oswald was not killed out of fear he would "talk". He knew nothing. He was killed out of fear of a trial in front of a far less gullible European press.

• Oswald had a relationship with potentially all three of ONI, CIA and FBI. Possibly Red Cross and YMCA, too as cut-outs. How witting he was in these relationships is not clear

• Coercive persuasion techniques were used on Ruby to secure his services as "hitman". Drugs, sleep deprivation, propaganda, threats, inducements, an alibi and a typical cop-supplied (Reid) excuse to make it somehow seem like a heroic act

• Ruby was a police groupie. He wanted to be a detective. He thought he could solve the case and get out of his assignment. It is bullshit that he carried out the hit for the "mob". Though it was mob-related unionists that he turned to next to help extricate him - and when that failed, he turned to phoning through  threats to try and get security on Oswald tightened. He did not want to shoot someone he thought looked like Paul Newman for chrissakes 

• The Odio incident was not related to the assassination. It was most likely an operation aimed at JURE - hated by the CIA and FBI and by the other anti-Castro forces

• Mexico City was unrelated to the assassination. Oswald's name and background were used in a separate operation regarding locating double-agents - or creating them. Again, their was a scramble to backstop Oswald's travel and hotel accommodation post-assassination. It could not be admitted he was not there as that would expose the op that did take place. If MC had been all about the assassination from the get-go, they would have used someone with a passing resemblance and similar language capacity. They did not do that because it was not needed for the operation in place. His name and background were all they needed. 

• There was a lot of backstopping to provide post hoc evidence supporting various claims beyond just Mexico City

• The era in which the assassination occurred is endlessly fascinating, layered, misrepresented, and  occasionally out-of-kilter (in very particular ways in some instances). But as with MC and Odio, not everything that looks suspicious, was connected to a massive plot re JFK

• Roy Truly was the inside man at the TSBD. Oswald was number one patsy, but if he had to be ruled out, there was no shortage of other potential patsies in that building

• If Dealey Plaza was aborted, JFK's steak was going to be poisoned by someone in the Secret Service. This would be blamed on the person serving the meal - and that would have been Mrs. Joe Molina or one of her church friends. Joe Molina would then have been tied to the plot To my mind, it is suspicious that the Secret Service made arrangements to protect JFK from poisoning by having one of their own select the steak for him, on the face of it, leaving the server as the only possible poisoner

• The only other security measures taken by the Secret Service and DPD involved ensuring that protesters and those carrying signs would be watched closely. Why? Because they did not want to be embarrassed by another incident similar to when Stevenson was hit on the head with a sign.  In short, the security on the route was geared toward protecting themselves from an embarrassing scene with protesters, and not on protecting JFK from an assassins bullet

• We know a lot more about the psychology of witnesses now. In fact, I would guess little of any study was done back then on the issue. As a general rule, witnesses are unreliable and the further in time you get from the event, the less reliable they become. But in recognizing that as only a general rule, you have to have ways to test each and every witness to determine those most accurate. Then you have the ones who come forward after the event - sometimes well after. They have to be tested even more as to why they did not come forward straight away. Then you have false witnesses and false sightings resulting from everything from a desire to help, psychological need to be part of history, other psychological or psychiatric issues, and honest mistaken identification

• The witnesses, faulty investigations, dodgy science, compliant media, recalcitrant agencies and governments, protection of other operations and informants, and the growth and popularity of "conspiracy theories" have all contributed to what we call here a "dog's breakfast" of a case (it's all over the place and in a big mess)

Last edited by greg_parker on Sat 05 Jun 2021, 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

the assassination in dot points - Page 2 Empty Re: the assassination in dot points

Wed 07 Jul 2021, 1:31 pm
orangebicycle wrote:Greg, I have to admit that had me stumped for a while. I mean, why would you choose a 'midget' for an Oswald stand-in? The answer has to be in the way the composite was put together. Photograph the back yard - probably done shortly after the Oswalds left, when both apartments were vacant. Take shots of a 'man in black' (my guess, a Dallas cop in on the 'plot') somewhere entirely different, holding papers, rifle, etc. Get a head shot (no pun intended) of Oswald, paste the elements together, then re-photograph, just as Oswald himself suggested it was done. Where it falls down, and reveals some amateurishness on the part of the fakers, is that the 'man in black' paste-in is slightly out of whack with the other elements. So could be the fakers didn't realise this, or they were under pressure and had no time to fix it.
Just to make sure I'm following, since there were no 5' cops on the force,  are you saying the person was not 5' tall -he was just compressed in putting the elements together? If so, wouldn't that also contort the rifle and newspapers?  

Try this if you can. Instead of using the newspapers as the measuring stick, use the rifle - once assuming it was 36" and a second time assuming it was 40" and report back on what you get. 

Using 36", you should get Oswald at approx 5' and the newspapers as approx 11".

Using 40" you should get Oswald as approx 5' 9" and the newspapers as something a bit over 13".

If you get the measurements I believe you will, what is your take on them?

The Cold War ran on bullshit.
              Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

https://gregrparker.com
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

the assassination in dot points - Page 2 Empty Re: the assassination in dot points

Wed 07 Jul 2021, 1:58 pm
JeremyBojczuk wrote:Interesting point, Mr or Ms Bicycle. I don't have access to a high resolution copy, and my Photoshop skills are limited (I use GIMP, the cheapskate's version of Photoshop), but I may run an experiment at some point.

One thing that makes me wary of claims that the photos were altered is the lack of agreement about what's supposed to be wrong with them: Oswald's chin is cropped, or the shadows don't match up, or the figure is genuine but the face is pasted in, or the face is genuine but the figure isn't, and so on. It reminds me of the numerous claims about what's wrong with the Zapruder film. I mean, the Bad Guys in the CIA's film-alteration laboratory must have been working around the clock, altering every element of the Zapruder film several times over. And of course there's the Jack White connection, which doesn't inspire much confidence.

Having said that, I'm certainly open to the possibility that the backyard photos are not genuine. Unlike the Zapruder film and Altgens 6, there don't seem to be any practical reasons why they couldn't have been altered, and there are plausible reasons why they might have been. I'll wait to see what the proof turns out to be.
Jeremy, fully understand your concerns. Glad you can keep an open mind on it. Throwing it out based on the White factor is very tempting.

But I can recall a time when people would assume that if McAdams attacked a piece of evidence or a theory, it was as good as proof that there must be something to that evidence or theory. But as far as I can tell, Mcadams simply went after what he thought were easy targets and he was right about some wrong, wrong about others. Either way, it had nothing to do with trying to conceal or destroy evidence of the real conspiracy. It just meant some people kept believing in shit just because it was debunked by McAdams.

Throwing out everything that Jack White said is much the same, even if the reasons for his conclusion were crap, his conclusion was still right.

Me

"So what’s an independent-minded populist like me to do? I’ve had to grovel in promoting myself on social media, even begging for Amazon reviews and Goodreads ratings, to no avail." 
Don Jeffries

"I've been aware of Greg Parker's work for years, and strongly recommend it." Peter Dale Scott

JeremyBojczuk
http://22november1963.org.uk/

Wed 07 Jul 2021, 6:37 pm
Yes, it's possible that Jack White's 'pin the tail on the donkey' approach might have struck lucky on occasion. Even Armstrong and Lifton got some things right (can't think of any off-hand, but I'm sure they must have done, once or twice).

Tony Krome has made the interesting suggestion that the face in the backyard photos came from a photo taken while Oswald was in custody:

https://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/27225-oswald-said-someone-took-his-picture-and-superimposed-his-face-on-the-backyard-photos/
orangebicycle

the assassination in dot points - Page 2 Empty American tabloid

Wed 07 Jul 2021, 10:10 pm
I guess this is the whole point about using the Militant/Worker as our 'yardstick': we know the exact size, 11 x 17 inches. No debate about that. In 133-A, Oswald's holding the paper right under his chin, vertically, so as a measuring device it couldn't be more convenient. But knowing that exact size, I agree, throws up all kinds of imponderables, not least the awkward fact that not only is Oswald the wrong height relative to his surroundings; he's also out of whack relative to the newspapers. So we have to consider that the newspapers themselves were an 'add on,' which could explain the weird stumpy nature of Oswald's hand, often remarked on. Either that or we are looking at a midget stand-in, which I 99.9% discount.

Either way, the 'Oswald' figure was obviously holding something. Why not just photograph him with the papers, and have done with it? Could it be that at the 'correct' size, the Militant wasn't quite recognisable? So rather than re-shoot, they enlarged a cut-out of the folded newspapers 10% in the darkroom or so to make that top line readable, and re-pasted them. That, at least, would explain the discrepancy.

But why, and however, and by whomever it was done, and however ridiculous the idea of pasting all those various elements together to create the composite might seem, we can't get away from that one unalterable 11-inch fact. It's there. And it establishes 100% that backyard Oswald is at the very least 7 inches too short.

Of course, there's also the mysterious de Mohrenschildt print that turned up in time for the HSCA hearings. Experts confirmed that the signature on the back is Oswald's. But the 'hunter of fascists' inscription is by someone else. Not Marina, apparently. One of the de Ms? Ruth or Michael P? This opens up the possibility that maybe the whole thing was cooked up if not by Oswald, then by others with Oswald's knowledge. As a joke? Or as part of his play as an 'infiltrator' of various organisations? And why were the photos 'missed' in the first police search chez Ruth? 

As for the backyard pic with the figure 'cut out' that also turned up years later, courtesy of one or other Dallas cop, that just piles more mystery onto an already overloaded dump truck.

Which, for me, is why that 11-inch tabloid dimension is so important. It seems to be the only incontrovertible 'fact' in the whole case, other than JFK getting shot in the head.
orangebicycle

the assassination in dot points - Page 2 Empty GIMP rules OK

Wed 07 Jul 2021, 10:15 pm
Just for the record, GIMP is my graphics package of choice. Never could get my head around Photoshop.
Mick_Purdy
Mick_Purdy

Wed 07 Jul 2021, 11:04 pm
OB wrote:

But why, and however, and by whomever it was done, and however ridiculous the idea of pasting all those various elements together to create the composite might seem, we can't get away from that one unalterable 11-inch fact. It's there. And it establishes 100% that backyard Oswald is at the very least 7 inches too short.

I wish it was that easy. It ain't. I hear you loud and clear - but trust me when I say it's not that simple.

the assassination in dot points - Page 2 Byp_211
Vinny

Thu 08 Jul 2021, 2:36 am

Admin

Thu 08 Jul 2021, 10:03 am
Mick_Purdy wrote:OB wrote:

I wish it was that easy. It ain't. I hear you loud and clear - but trust me when I say it's not that simple.
I agree, Mick. But OB is right. That newspaper dimension is key. No matter what variables may affect accuracy, ain't no way no how they total 7" worth.

Is it possible that the figure was actually female? Marina was recorded as a neat 5' tall in Minsk. www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=95620#relPageId=48

If it was her, that fits with it being a joke at Oswald's expense. The DeM pic showing "hunter of fascists hahaha" on the back fits with that theory. It was allegedly in Marina's hand, though I am leery of handwriting experts. Same with what was a allegedly Oswald's writing on this photo. His in particular would be easy to duplicate.

Have written about a case before where two "eco warriors" cum musicians were conned into posing with heavy duty weapons allegedly for use on the cover of an album. This pic was sent to the newspapers after a car bomb exploded in their car. It was claimed that the bomb was going to be used by them in a terrorist attack on IIRC, a lumber company.  The pic was used to reinforce in the public mind that they were terrorists. 

Of course, the major difference is that this photo was real. The main point is, the original stated purpose of the photo was not what it ended up being used for. 

Mick, what do you think of the source of the head on the BYP as identified by ute driving 'roo hunter, Tony Krome at the ed forum? I think he may be on to something, but I would defer to your expertise.

Me

Don Jeffries

Mick_Purdy
Mick_Purdy

Thu 08 Jul 2021, 1:16 pm
Greg wrote:
I agree, Mick. But OB is right. That newspaper dimension is key. No matter what variables may affect accuracy, ain't no way no how they total 7" worth.

I agree. 
In my opinion and I know you feel the same the scale measurement discrepancies in the BYP's need to be confirmed somehow scientifically or otherwise in my opinion it's just another theory. IMHO the rifle in the photo could be used as well to assist in those calculations.

We've discussed Marina as a possible candidate for the body of the Oswald figure in the BYP's before now and whilst It's possible I absolutely believe that the cut-out of the original face occurs somewhere around or near the chin area. Does this preclude Marina from having taken part in the BYP's? - I'm uncertain.

The following HSCA disclosure should be taken seriously.

the assassination in dot points - Page 2 Image_11

Mick, what do you think of the source of the head on the BYP as identified by ute driving 'roo hunter, Tony Krome at the ed forum? I think he may be on to something, but I would defer to your expertise.

Could you point me to the link to that Greg. Many thanks.

greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Thu 08 Jul 2021, 1:59 pm
Mick_Purdy wrote:Greg wrote:

I agree. 
In my opinion and I know you feel the same the scale measurement discrepancies in the BYP's need to be confirmed somehow scientifically or otherwise in my opinion it's just another theory. IMHO the rifle in the photo could be used as well to assist in those calculations.

We've discussed Marina as a possible candidate for the body of the Oswald figure in the BYP's before now and whilst It's possible I absolutely believe that the cut-out of the original face occurs somewhere around or near the chin area. Does this preclude Marina from having taken part in the BYP's? - I'm uncertain.

The following HSCA disclosure should be taken seriously.

the assassination in dot points - Page 2 Image_11

Could you point me to the link to that Greg. Many thanks.
https://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/27225-oswald-said-someone-took-his-picture-and-superimposed-his-face-on-the-backyard-photos/

Me

Don Jeffries

Mick_Purdy
Mick_Purdy

Fri 09 Jul 2021, 12:18 pm
the assassination in dot points - Page 2 Oswald-police-station-backyard-photo-gif
Unknown Author.
Credit Tony Krome.

Greg, my thoughts on the above is that the GIF is from an unknown source. I can't see how anyone could compare the GIF to the face in the BYP's. That's my opinion. In the GIF it looks like the chin has been manipulated or altered anyway to match the chin in the BYP's at least that's my take. I'm happy to be corrected though.

greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Fri 09 Jul 2021, 1:00 pm
I think this is the right footage. The chin does look squared at times. The GIF does look a lot clearer,

Me

Don Jeffries

Mick_Purdy
Mick_Purdy

Fri 09 Jul 2021, 1:18 pm
the assassination in dot points - Page 2 Oswald21
This is a screen shot of the GIF. Notice the superimposed BYP chin is there in this frame before the transition to the actual Backyard photo itself. It creates the illusion that the footage of Oswald's face in the hallway while in custody is a match to the BYP's. The footage is also not played back in it's appropriate frame rate if my eyes don't deceive me and there is an unacceptable amount of motion blur on just about every frame of the footage which would create abnormal shapes, anomalies etc every time someone moved in the footage. I can't see how anyone could have used this material to create the BYP's - my opinion only of course.

greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Fri 09 Jul 2021, 2:38 pm
Mick_Purdy wrote:the assassination in dot points - Page 2 Oswald21
This is a screen shot of the GIF. Notice the superimposed BYP chin is there in this frame before the transition to the actual Backyard photo itself. It creates the illusion that the footage of Oswald's face in the hallway while in custody is a match to the BYP's. The footage is also not played back in it's appropriate frame rate if my eyes don't deceive me and there is an unacceptable amount of motion blur on just about every frame of the footage which would create abnormal shapes, anomalies etc every time someone moved in the footage. I can't see how anyone could have used this material to create the BYP's - my opinion only of course.
Thanks for clarifying.  Mr Krome makes clear he never made the gif, but he gives credit only to "the author". It would be helpful to have a name attached tp that.

Me

Don Jeffries

orangebicycle

the assassination in dot points - Page 2 Empty Marina as Man in Black

Fri 09 Jul 2021, 10:53 pm
Interesting theory, Greg. But looking hard at the backyard set, I can't see any female characteristics, particularly 133-B where the rifle's stock snagging Oswald's polo shirt would surely have highlighted any gender factors.

As for the ho-ho-ho remarks on the back of the de M 133-A, wasn't that written out in pencil first, then gone over in ink? That suggests someone unused to writing in Russian, excluding Marina imo.

In the thread Vinny alluded to the other day, there's a suggestion the original papers might have been gun or sporting mags, covered over with the Militant and SW enlargements. Again, interesting theory, suggesting the photos' original purpose might have been quite different. Related to Oswald's alleged links to the ongoing FBI investigation of illegal gun sales? If so, maybe the photos were dug out of an FBI file and swiftly 'modified' to bolster the 'evidence.' But that would suggest it WAS Oswald in the backyard, and not some stand-in.

I'm also noticing that B is well over-exposed, evenly so across the picture, including Oswald's face. More fuel to the idea that the photos were taken in the backyard and not some other location. You might also ask, why bother with three fakes, when one would do nicely?

That said, why the Leaning Tower of Pisa poses, and why are the mags out of whack sizewise, likewise (arguably) Oswald's 133-A head?

Thinking aloud, here.
Mick_Purdy
Mick_Purdy

Fri 09 Jul 2021, 11:07 pm
OrangeB wrote:

I'm also noticing that B is well over-exposed, evenly so across the picture, including Oswald's face. More fuel to the idea that the photos were taken in the backyard and not some other location. 

To be fair OB I think it really does depend on which copies of 133B you might be looking at.

the assassination in dot points - Page 2 Byp_1316the assassination in dot points - Page 2 Ce-74910the assassination in dot points - Page 2 Byp_hs10

orangebicycle

Fri 09 Jul 2021, 11:39 pm
Point taken.
Vinny

Mon 20 Feb 2023, 8:40 pm
Bumping this excellent post by Greg for new ones.

Wed 22 Feb 2023, 12:31 pm
greg_parker wrote:
orangebicycle wrote:Greg, I have to admit that had me stumped for a while. I mean, why would you choose a 'midget' for an Oswald stand-in? The answer has to be in the way the composite was put together. Photograph the back yard - probably done shortly after the Oswalds left, when both apartments were vacant. Take shots of a 'man in black' (my guess, a Dallas cop in on the 'plot') somewhere entirely different, holding papers, rifle, etc. Get a head shot (no pun intended) of Oswald, paste the elements together, then re-photograph, just as Oswald himself suggested it was done. Where it falls down, and reveals some amateurishness on the part of the fakers, is that the 'man in black' paste-in is slightly out of whack with the other elements. So could be the fakers didn't realise this, or they were under pressure and had no time to fix it.
Just to make sure I'm following, since there were no 5' cops on the force,  are you saying the person was not 5' tall -he was just compressed in putting the elements together? If so, wouldn't that also contort the rifle and newspapers?  

Try this if you can. Instead of using the newspapers as the measuring stick, use the rifle - once assuming it was 36" and a second time assuming it was 40" and report back on what you get. 

Using 36", you should get Oswald at approx 5' and the newspapers as approx 11".

Using 40" you should get Oswald as approx 5' 9" and the newspapers as something a bit over 13".

If you get the measurements I believe you will, what is your take on them?

Because Oswald is leaning back relative to the plane of the photo, he will appear somewhat shorter. I used the newspaper as a ruler and get the length of the rifle as about 39” and Oswald several inches shorter than 5’9”. But my measurements were undoubtedly crude. But to account for the apparent shortness of Oswald, he would have to be leaning back 25-30 degrees.

Here is a recreation of the backyard photo made on March 31, 1967 to get the shadows as close as possible to the original March 31, 1963 conditions:

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/fulllength-portrait-of-john-cappel-taken-to-recreate-a-widely-of-picture-id171684763

The recreation was done as part of the 1967 CBS Report on the Warren Commission.

https://youtu.be/XWtb2JwzkM8

Here is an original backyard photo:

https://3c1703fe8d.site.internapcdn.net/newman/gfx/news/hires/2015/backyardphot.jpg

While the shadows seem to agree, note the protuberance in the post above the head. The 1967 photo is either of a taller person or the camera is slightly lower and pointed slightly upwards as the gap between the top of the head and the protuberance differ by several inches.
greg_parker
greg_parker
Admin

Thu 23 Feb 2023, 12:10 am
Because Oswald is leaning back relative to the plane of the photo, he will appear somewhat shorter. I used the newspaper as a ruler and get the length of the rifle as about 39” and Oswald several inches shorter than 5’9”. But my measurements were undoubtedly crude. But to account for the apparent shortness of Oswald, he would have to be leaning back 25-30 degrees.
I used an online photo measuring app, with the known width of the newspapers as the measure (11 inches). Oswald comes out at around 62 inches. 

I believe the tool used is reasonably accurate despite not using a 3D model and despite not factoring in  lens distortion, distance from subject and other variables. 

Also there are reasons apart from length to believe the rifle is the 36 inch model. 

Despite my belief that the tool is accurate, I would not want to have to rely on these results before a court.

Me

Don Jeffries

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum